• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
No you don't. This isn't Something Awful or /b/.
Grow up.
*equips monocle*
Dear Sir or Madam,

I regret to notice that you have allowed what has truly transpired today to elude you. The astute among the PM Social Club have already realized that this whole demonstration, some may even call it a social experiment (no pun intended), was a satire of the child friendly environment which Smashboards desperately maintains.

Kind Regards,
Sir Charles Lizalfos XIV

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
None of the rest of the sets were recorded either; we didn't have enough power for the streaming setup nor enough bandwidth for it.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Nothing wrong with some eccentricity and or grumpiness :shiro:and yeah not everyone is going to like you or understand you, so I get where Mech is coming from on that point.

But dude, if you are literally scaring people and their kids like you posted about before due to an extremely fierce demeanor, you are going way too far with it.

It might just be societal nonsense that is imposed on us but you got to know when to turn on the charm and dial back the emotion.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Nothing wrong with some eccentricity and or grumpiness :shiro:and yeah not everyone is going to like you or understand you, so I get where Mech is coming from on that point.

But dude, if you are literally scaring people and their kids like you posted about before due to an extremely fierce demeanor, you are going way too far with it.

It might just be societal nonsense that is imposed on us but you got to know when to turn on the charm and dial back the emotion.
Charm is for the elite, emotion for the Pleibs, and we all pleibs

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Fair enough Plate, I guess I meant more of a nondescript friendliness or politeness with people who you interact with on a daily basis like when you're receiving customer service or working yourself.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Fair enough Plate, I guess I meant more of a nondescript friendliness or politeness with people who you interact with on a daily basis like when you're receiving customer service or working yourself.
i was just joking man, i wasnt srs :c

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Hey I creep this thread alot, may as well post here now
plz except me im knew
uh uh
think

DIDDYS BROKEN HA

(that should make them like me *hi fives self*)

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Microwaves ruin 3DS locals, grills are much kinder and lovable
I had a grill almost set me on fire a few weeks ago. Microwaves are much easier, but why are you having 3ds locals next to them? That just seems like bad planning

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Life in a nutshell. always gotta plan around the grills
Nah, for real though, I tried to cook a hotdog on one of the outside grills near my dorms using a corncob I found on my porch as fuel.

Such is college life.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Hey I creep this thread alot, may as well post here now
plz except me im knew
uh uh
think

DIDDYS BROKEN HA

(that should make them like me *hi fives self*)
I knew the name looked familiar. You're the guy who did the "Melee is a Beautiful Accident" video.

Disagree with a few points, but I enjoyed it.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Rational discourse and acceptance: things lost on many folks.

(myself included when I don't care for opposing points, which is fairly often)

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...st-for-action-games-claims-producer/#/slide/1

I hate PR garbage like this. Please stop lying to us like we are dimwits.
60FPS is objectively superior simply because 60FPS games are more responsive.
I also hate that those are the people who are making games for the PS4/XBone.

I'm gonna skip this gen and eventually just get a desktop PC(This lappy I'm using now is awesome, but I need a desktop sooner or later). However, Bayonetta 2 IS tempting.....

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Doesn't this game require precise countering to get your health back and is the spiritual sequel to Dark Souls, a game known for punishing difficulty?

Yeah the action game excuse doesn't fly, especially when combos and dodging need to be frame perfect.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wonderful 101 actually has an excuse for not consistently outputting 60 FPS (though it tries as hard as it can): you got 100 little ****s on the screen you're building into Unite Morphs to attack. Bayonetta (1 + 2) manage 60 FPS while crazy **** goes on. There's no excuse for this. You know this gen is a bust when people are whipping out the graphics budget and somehow turning out consistently fewer 60 FPS games than the previous two generations.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...st-for-action-games-claims-producer/#/slide/1

I hate PR garbage like this. Please stop lying to us like we are dimwits.
60FPS is objectively superior simply because 60FPS games are more responsive.
I also hate that those are the people who are making games for the PS4/XBone.

I'm gonna skip this gen and eventually just get a desktop PC(This lappy I'm using now is awesome, but I need a desktop sooner or later). However, Bayonetta 2 IS tempting.....
wow thats pathetic, wth. 30 fps is justifiable but not like that
I hole there was an error in translation

Vashimus

Smash Master
Any action game worth its salt runs at 60 fps, as well as every modern fighting game with one exception.

It's ironic how the "underpowered" Wii U is ending up with more 1080p 60fps titles than its competition.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Please stop believing ****ty video game journalists. I interpret Yamagiwa's actual excuse as "Considering the way the soul's series is designed, 60 fps makes little to no difference in our vision of how we want the game to play..." I'm a huge fan of the souls series and personally I am fine with it being capped at 30fps, but....

It's still a load of crap, but it's not like he could get away with saying the real reason, which is obviously hardware limitations. And of course PlayStationLifeStyle.net isn't capable of recognizing that.

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
**** relationships, just **** them
I had a bad weekend and didn't want to talk that much, told her that, she said it was okay, but it wasn't okay
then I made ONE ****ING MISTAKE because I forgot one stupid thing, and all of a sudden everything is bad and apparently has been bad and my fault just she wouldn't tell me, and assumed I should just know
Like god damn, shouldn't forgiveness go both ways? Like I've never ever gotten mad at her for anything, and instantly forgave her for every stupid thing she ever did because I can't hold grudges. We've been dating for four years and shes just telling me now that we're not compatible, everything is my fault, and we have nothing in common
I just feel like **** because my cant blame anyone but myself even though its hardly my fault. Is that a character flaw? I can't even bring myself to be mad for anything for more than a few minutes. Who would have thought that I would be feeling like ****ing **** because I'm too nice to people
Oh my god **** this feeling so much, so much
God ****ing damn it, someone play smash with me
They do suck. I ended my relationship with my GF last monday, but only yesterday got to see her to exchange our belongings/etc (due in part to her moving 2hrs away and a 4-5hr round trip inst something you can do at the drop of a hat... which is a big reason why we split alongside how she kept pressuring me to "start a life" by working in retail in the middle of nowhere when I just graduated with a tech degree and moving away from Boston isn't going to help me put it to good use especially when I cannot afford to... bleh) and we tried to be civil as over the phone it was sort of mutual in that we didnt see how our romantic relationship could work given how different our lives became, how we should work on ourselves, etc.

But, she called today essentially asking why I hated her and so forth and I couldn't console her at all. I dunno, it's weird.. she like worshiped the ground I walked on / clung to me for like everything but I didn't need the same kind of "connection" (i guess that'd be the term?) on my end from her, so I know I completely devastated her far more than the split effected me...

We both wanted to be civil about it and even be friends, but I'm afraid she's just gone to me now even when she is the one who constantly moved further away to begin with both physically and from the girl I fell in love with as she made her life revolve around me when I had my own **** to worry about.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Wait, she was moving away and being further apart which distressed you, but you also thought she was too clingy and cared too much?

Seems like two contradictory impulses you have there Joe, don't be close/don't be far, like how could she possibly succeed with you when that is a catch 22 situation?

Women put dudes in that sort of situation all the time, but still.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
All y'all have all these sad relationship stories whilst I'm over here feeling ****ty about nothing. I wonder if I have depression or if I'm bipolar or something.

Also PMS dabess

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I really never understand relationship issues

It's just a cost/benefit analysis.

Are you willing to put up with the bads for the goods? Is your understanding of willingness logical?

Evaluate.

Take the results and ignore them because love is not math and this was all an elaborate ruse.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
the second you view the concept of relationships as a problem to solve, you done goofed all the way up and down

I've already said this before, but the best dating advice is to realize the absurdity of all dating advice, and simply become a better person until a similarly-good person decides they enjoy your company enough to live with you for the next six or so decades

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Writing a 8-9 page argumentative APA research paper whose topic on net neutrality sucks. :( Should of picked an easier topic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom