• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Vashimus

Smash Master
See, this is the kind of thing I don't get about how some people perceive the new Pokémon. It's called Pocket Monsters, so why wouldn't some of the characters be ugly like typical monsters? I'm pretty sure Conkeldurr is intentionally ugly, but supposed to be cool in that regard, like an ogre or troll.

There's also Barbaracle, which I'm sure plenty of people don't like, but I love it because it's The Ugly Barnacle.
No

Pokemanz are to be beautiful

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I started Pokemon from Gen 2 and that competitively was SkarmBliss city with Snorlax and Suicune on top of it.

Also on stat increases when 5th gen came out and I've seen Haxorus for the first time I got very excited and EV trained on in B/W 1 and loved it outside of it's speed.

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
LMAO that image.

Kamiya isn't an idiot. He has made great stuff. And he may be tactless but he's not... well, THAT bad. He just hates it when people go on twitter and ask him intentionally dumb questions or the same questions that people have asked over and over (which is what he has twilog for).
This. That's his beserk button, and considering who he deals with on twitter, he has every right to be blocking fools left and right(something I think Jontron should've been doing this summer).
His lack of tact and being blunt can also lead to amazing exchanges too.

Anyway, Mega Rayquayza is the most broken thing in Pokemon ever. I thought Gen 6 was supposed to stop the power creep that Gen 5 escalated. It didn't. :/
Either way, I'm not gonna bother with ORAS because I dislike Hoenn in general(Ironic considering my favorite Poke is Metagross).

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Japan has some competition for wierd stuff.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
LMAO that image.

This. That's his beserk button, and considering who he deals with on twitter, he has every right to be blocking fools left and right(something I think Jontron should've been doing this summer).
His lack of tact and being blunt can also lead to amazing exchanges too.

Anyway, Mega Rayquayza is the most broken thing in Pokemon ever. I thought Gen 6 was supposed to stop the power creep that Gen 5 escalated. It didn't. :/
Either way, I'm not gonna bother with ORAS because I dislike Hoenn in general(Ironic considering my favorite Poke is Metagross).
Eh, still don't think it matters if Mega Rayquaza is borked since it's most assuredly banninated in all competitive facets of the game.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Eh, still don't think it matters if Mega Rayquaza is borked since it's most assuredly banninated in all competitive facets of the game.
Ubers IS a tier as well as it is a banlist, so it really is a cause for concern for some people when Pokes in that tier get massive buffs, especially for Rayquaza who already has no safe counters.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Ubers IS a tier as well as it is a banlist, so it really is a cause for concern for some people when Pokes in that tier get massive buffs, especially for Rayquaza who even without the Mega has no safe counters.
Does Delta Stream overwrite all weather permanently or only the moment that Mega Rayquaza comes out?
Can't you basically take out the non-mega variety with a powerful ice move? 4x weakness is pretty damning without an ability to prevent damage.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
YOOOO low tier god got **** ON
and then tried to cover his ass with passive aggressive comments, what a baby lol

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
I started in Gen 1 and it's an unbalanced mess of crap.
Don't you badmouth my 6 Taros team, just sit there and accept having zero counters like everyone else.

Also .02, Equality fights somehow got lost in their own bizarre form of political-correctness. Suddenly it wasn't about everyone being born equal, no longer about no gender, choice, or nationality predetermining one's future. Now nobody really seems to have a coherent idea of what they are trying to achieve, programs that people have come to rely on (because in many cases they DO need to be there, in order to protect people from real discrimination) ruffle feathers on both sides of issues because they ultimately do perpetuate the root of the issue. People confuse history with culture and feel that they are somehow defined by their ancestors' past and not their own actions, demanding that their own image of said history be considered a descriptor even though this mentality brings people back towards being defined by their birth leading to a resurgence of xenophobia and pretentious bias. It has just become a jumbled, incoherent effort, I personally prefer the older fights towards eliminating race and gender as defining factors in society, but apparently that is now a misogynist, white-supremest, and biased view-point to most of the groups out there.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
lmao I posted about ltg like five pages ago

he talked mad ****, got his ass whooped, got told to sit down and shut up and taste the **** in his mouth, and then proceeded to talk more ****

viscant is gahlike lmao

Lizalfos

Smash Master
SJWs win when there is equality
When all media is homogenized, you mean?
I'm being tounge in cheek of course; I'm not that crazy. In all honesty though SJWs can't ever really deserve respect. They can't win respect for the same reason GG can't win respect: they are just a bunch of crazies on the internet. Even if they make progress, they will be undermined by their worst members. Even if they achieved a significant political presence, like the tea party, they would suffer from the same fringe group stigma.
Media is dead, politics are all about anecdotal evidence, and everyone considers correlation to be causation.
...And it's a big part of why I see free will as unacceptable. As long as someone can choose to do so, they do ruin things for everyone else. /violently extremist bias
Hail Hydra!
Yes, because that is actual "justice". lol
This reminded me about one of the nitpicks I have with SJWs. This is purely me comparing semantics with philosophy, so even I consider my argument invalid.
Instead of being social progress or social rights warriors, they are "justice" warriors. I don't know whether they were sarcastically dubbed that or if they took on that title themselves, so this might be even less relevant. I digress, justice often is defined as the administration of punishment under laws and rules. I find that somewhat surprising since punishing the majority of white straight males or whatever kinds of people are offenders against social justice for oppression that occurred in the past or comes from a minority in power is ridiculous. Especially because social rights for others needn't hurt those who already have them.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Holy crap I've been gone from pokemon forever.
You know theres been a huge power creep when Blissey is in UU.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
also, activism noat: equal isn't fair. what would be considered equal is if the entire cast of melee got 5% more damage per hit. this might make matches faster, but within that context, fox would still be the best, and kirby the worst, because anything kirby got was evened back up by what fox got. it's equal, in that everyone was given the same share, but fair would through more obvious balancing solutions

super smash brothers as a metaphor for society. upend the middle class spacies

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Holy crap I've been gone from pokemon forever.
You know theres been a huge power creep when Blissey is in UU.
Ever since eviolite, Chansey has been a much better wall than Blissey. Pretty much the only thing Blissey has on Chansey at this point is leftovers healing.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Can't Pokémon be compared to Smash in a sense?

A game meant for fun casual play that is given token gestures to balancing the cast but in the end, the players need to make their own rulesets to make this **** work?

Not that I think watching Pokémon matches is nearly as hype.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
If we are going on about double standards with fictional characters, why is everyone a real animal but Cammy who is a catgirl by any other name?

The inconsistency of it is the worst thing.

Damn you Ninjaed me, Cory.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
because she's a lady, this art is from japan, and they're into their [animal]girls that are like the lowest-end of a furry

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
YOOOO low tier god got **** ON
and then tried to cover his *** with passive aggressive comments, what a baby lol
People like that are why stereotypes of gamers are made.
Good riddance.
*sociology snip*
I'm sure you get why I hate how convoluted legal systems are because of people like that, lol.
All hail Megatron!
Fixed.

I wish people made amazing posts like I do

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
can someone.recommend me a terribad anime to watch for laughs while I'm high off my ass?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Can't Pokémon be compared to Smash in a sense?

A game meant for fun casual play that is given token gestures to balancing the cast but in the end, the players need to make their own rulesets to make this **** work?

Not that I think watching Pokémon matches is nearly as hype.
Kind of. Smogon came up with multiple rules to make 6x6 single battles fun and decently balanced, like the Smash community came up with tournament standards and starter/counterpick rules.

On the flipside though, for all their faults, Gamefreak at least has an interesting official format (VGC Doubles), which is more than I can say for Nintendo/Sakurai's official offering for competitive players (For Glory FD only mode).

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
When all media is homogenized, you mean?
I'm being tounge in cheek of course; I'm not that crazy. In all honesty though SJWs can't ever really deserve respect. They can't win respect for the same reason GG can't win respect: they are just a bunch of crazies on the internet. Even if they make progress, they will be undermined by their worst members. Even if they achieved a significant political presence, like the tea party, they would suffer from the same fringe group stigma.
Media is dead, politics are all about anecdotal evidence, and everyone considers correlation to be causation.

Hail Hydra!

This reminded me about one of the nitpicks I have with SJWs. This is purely me comparing semantics with philosophy, so even I consider my argument invalid.
Instead of being social progress or social rights warriors, they are "justice" warriors. I don't know whether they were sarcastically dubbed that or if they took on that title themselves, so this might be even less relevant. I digress, justice often is defined as the administration of punishment under laws and rules. I find that somewhat surprising since punishing the majority of white straight males or whatever kinds of people are offenders against social justice for oppression that occurred in the past or comes from a minority in power is ridiculous. Especially because social rights for others needn't hurt those who already have them.
Where do arguments regarding social justice primarily take place on the internet? Tumblr?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
found my jam for the next week or so
finding new(to me) artists is really enjoyable.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
soooooo, uh

there's going to be a costume pack for furries in SF4

...no, seriously

this is a thing. this is real. ryu is a wolf
Cammy Fox

yo dawg we heard u like playing top tier so we put a top tier in yo top tier so you can play top tier while you play top tier

Last edited:
Top Bottom