• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M All-Star Versus Mode, New Alt. Costumes Revealed

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
CHARACTER SHUFFLE: THE MOVIE: THE GAME: THE SIDE EVENT:

TWO PLAYERS DO BATTLE WITH THE WHOLE CAST.

ONE PLAYER'S FIRST SELECTION IS THE TOP LEFT-MOST CORNER, THE OTHER'S IS THE BOTTOM RIGHT-MOST CORNER. GOING IN OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS, EACH PLAYER SELECTS, IN ORDER, EACH CHARACTER FOR EACH CONSECUTIVE STOCK.

82 MINUTE TIMER. NO PAUSING, GRIND IT OUT BOSS.

THE STAGE IS BOXING RING, NO EXCEPTIONS. DON'T LIKE IT? GIT GUD FIG NEWTON.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
HALLELUYAH!

I wanted this feature for BRAWL. It's still not in SSB4 yet, but PMBR finally did it for P:M!

As someone who loved switching mid-battle, and has a lot of mains, this is the best thing for me!

My favorite alt costume is Retro Pit, btw. :)

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord

ONE PLAYER'S FIRST SELECTION IS THE TOP LEFT-MOST CORNER, THE OTHER'S IS THE BOTTOM RIGHT-MOST CORNER. GOING IN OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS, EACH PLAYER SELECTS, IN ORDER, EACH CHARACTER FOR EACH CONSECUTIVE STOCK.

THE STAGE IS BOXING RING, NO EXCEPTIONS. DON'T LIKE WALK OFFS? GIT GUD FIG NEWTON.
But #banned ...

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I absolutely ADORE the Sigurd Marth costume. It looks so badass whilst also being regal and refined. The hair edit was a nice touch too; the "poofy" fringe is a cool throwback to the artstyle of some of the older Fire Emblem games. Thank you based PMBR! :D

EDIT: I wonder if this was done in response to the people complaining that the PMBR ruined the fun of Pokémon Trainer... lulz

Last edited:

Berble

Smash Apprentice
#47 again at 0:09 seconds. Hopefully this means another Zelda character will be added. Skullkid maybe?

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
LIGHT SUIT SAMUS =DDD

And the others are cool too, Marth's in particular.

D

Deleted member

Sure the mode is pretty cool, but finally, a classic Pit skin. I've wanted one of those to use for cBliss for a long time.

D

Deleted member

THE STAGE IS BOXING RING, NO EXCEPTIONS. DON'T LIKE WALK OFFS? GIT GUD FIG NEWTON.
This would actually be really funny to watch.

I just wonder what happens if you pick Random in this mode. Would you get the same fighter for all stocks, or would it randomize for all stocks?

Last edited by a moderator:

Malion

Smash Ace
You know... I kind of wish you could choose a version of Kirby to play at the start of the match and have like a team of Kirby clones like that one Melee adventure mode level.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Dat Light Suit Samus tho...

All-Star mode looks pretty interesting, as well!

Last edited:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Awesome, been wanting something like All-Star since playing Charade in Soul Calibur 2. Always pictured it as Ditto changing character after each stock. Glad to see it finally in a smash game :D

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
great update... don't care much for allstar mode but the alt costumes are amazing... I really like the Lucario alt.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Holy sh#$! I've been dreaming of a mode like this ever since I beat the subspace emissary! I loved how you changed characters after each stock. Why Sakurai hasn't implemented this yet I'll never know. This mode will really set apart project m from the other entries in the series. I love the divekick-like boxing ring stage.

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
I would prefer if this type of thing was another slot, instead of a mode.

That way my friends can keep playing the characters they want, while I swap characters constantly, and laugh whenever one of my mains pops out.

I really hope Sakurai does something like this for SSB4, as it takes almost nothing to implement in the coding.

I'm surprised to see this in Project M, since Project M is usually praised as being competitive, and this seems like something that casuals will love. Unless the character selections aren't actually random like they seem in the video. I'm not saying it's a bad thing of course.

Edit: Also that Ganondorf. It looks so bizarre. I'll have to compare it with the melee Ganondorf at some point. Looks good. Along with the other alt costumes.
What do you mean by another slot? and did you watch fightermania? it's not random you choose every character in order of appearance up to 51 possible selections you can choose the same character multiple times in a row if you want too

Keeshu

Smash Ace
What do you mean by another slot? and did you watch fightermania? it's not random you choose every character in order of appearance up to 51 possible selections you can choose the same character multiple times in a row if you want too
I don't think I've heard of Fightermania before. So I don't know anything about that.
Someone else told me that it wasn't random. Though, if you can choose random for all/some of your stocks that'd be awesome too.

SilverRocks134

Smash Rookie
NNID
SYedi13
3DS FC
0688-5369-8620
Looking forward to All-Star Versus! The Alt. Costumes look cool too, but I'm sticking with the normal's. Also, please make All-Star Versus compatible with Turbo!
And does anyone know if I'll have to redownload PM, or can I just update it from the launcher?

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
Looking forward to All-Star Versus! The Alt. Costumes look cool too, but I'm sticking with the normal's. Also, please make All-Star Versus compatible with Turbo!
And does anyone know if I'll have to redownload PM, or can I just update it from the launcher?
It is compatible with turbo

Top Bottom