• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M All-Star Versus Mode, New Alt. Costumes Revealed

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I'm really excited for this mode. While I know that people will not really use it, I will make use of it with my friends. I always have a hard time picking my mains for battles; I switch around so much, haha. Now I can play Pit, Ivysaur, Peach, Link, Lucario, and Charizard mixed up together in matches. Also, while I know it won't work competitively because of the stage counterpicks and stuff, but this could go for some really intense one stock crew battles that keep percent and everything.

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
Ocarina Ganondorf, hopefully this means they also put more time into his moveset. Huzzah!
TOO...MUCH.....HYPE......IN....ONE....MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRAIN.....OVERLOADING!!!!!!

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I would prefer if this type of thing was another slot, instead of a mode.

That way my friends can keep playing the characters they want, while I swap characters constantly, and laugh whenever one of my mains pops out.

I really hope Sakurai does something like this for SSB4, as it takes almost nothing to implement in the coding.

I'm surprised to see this in Project M, since Project M is usually praised as being competitive, and this seems like something that casuals will love. Unless the character selections aren't actually random like they seem in the video. I'm not saying it's a bad thing of course.

Edit: Also that Ganondorf. It looks so bizarre. I'll have to compare it with the melee Ganondorf at some point. Looks good. Along with the other alt costumes.

Last edited:

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Whoa... selecting random is never enough for me, I need a true challenge. All-Star Versus looks AWESOME! Hell yeah I'm gonna use this! I wonder if you'll be able to only give one player All-Star Versus... probably not, but that'd be cool.

MEGA HYPE FOR ALL-STAR VERSUS

Shin F.

Smash Master
I would prefer if this type of thing was another slot, instead of a mode.

That way my friends can keep playing the characters they want, while I swap characters constantly, and laugh whenever one of my mains pops out.

I really hope Sakurai does something like this for SSB4, as it takes almost nothing to implement in the coding.

I'm surprised to see this in Project M, since Project M is usually praised as being competitive, and this seems like something that casuals will love. Unless the character selections aren't actually random like they seem in the video. I'm not saying it's a bad thing of course.

Edit: Also that Ganondorf. It looks so bizarre. I'll have to compare it with the melee Ganondorf at some point. Looks good. Along with the other alt costumes.
Well, one of the great things about PMBR is that they understand Smash is for everyone, competitive and casual alike. They've done a ton of things that are really touches for casual players. I mean, things like Turbo Mode and all the Alt Costumes aren't exactly needed for competitive play.

buttmunch236

Smash Rookie
NNID
buttmunch236
Does anyone know the release date for this update? I want it so badly.

Malion

Smash Ace
Oh man! I'm really happy about this.
This seems like a really fun mode idea.

Also more costumes! I'm quite happy about that...

Maybe they'll make a few Outset Link recolours this time? I can dream can't I?

Surely they saw my plethora of recolour ideas for the costume. lol.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Well, one of the great things about PMBR is that they understand Smash is for everyone, competitive and casual alike. They've done a ton of things that are really touches for casual players. I mean, things like Turbo Mode and all the Alt Costumes aren't exactly needed for competitive play.
I'll look into getting Project M even sooner now. I have a tendency to take a very long time before downloading mods onto games.

The few people I know of in real life that have played Project M keep banging on about how competitive it is, and then I can beat them with no problems in Melee or Brawl and it leaves me scratching my head.

Now I have 2 reasons to get Project M. This new all star mode, and Mewtwo with his badass Training armor.
Everything else is just me being curious about Project M.

It does worry me a little bit when I see Project M taking stages from SSB4 like this boxing stage. Let's just say I've seen enough fan-made stuff get taken down for similar things. I feel Nintendo won't do such a thing, but it still worries me.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
YOU BETTER BET YOUR A$$ ALT COSTUMES ARE NEEDED FOR COMPETITIVE PLAY

I LIKE TO LOSE IN STYLE

Last edited:

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
I told you it was going to be awesome, didnt realize that they played most of the trailer by accident earlier in the day. And tomorrow are PM pools and im in pool 1, watch me get 4 stocked on stream

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
i've yet to play Project M
can someone explain to me what this new all star mode is; it didnt appear to be different in any way, to my untrained eye

Shin F.

Smash Master
i've yet to play Project M
can someone explain to me what this new all star mode is; it didnt appear to be different in any way, to my untrained eye
From what I see, every stock is a random character. So when you fall, you get a new character to play with.
It's not a random character. Before the match, you get to pick a character for each stock. It's like the SSE, where you pick your characters before playing and then when you die, you move on to the next one you picked.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
From what I see, every stock is a random character. So when you fall, you get a new character to play with.
You get to pick the character though so it's not entirely random.

edit::4greninja:'d

Last edited:

TheLegendaryKRB

Smash Apprentice
I still want Kirby to get a Purple, Shadow, Brown and Meta Knight re-color.
I know its a lot but hey Yoshi has 10 colors. If you take Kirby's 6 already present colors and add 4 more then you get 10 and hey. These new colors would just please everyone.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
It's not a random character. Before the match, you get to pick a character for each stock. It's like the SSE, where you pick your characters before playing and then when you die, you move on to the next one you picked.
Ah, glad you said that, because I didn't see them picking characters, or a description about that anywhere. Reminds me of Marvel V.S. Capcom (yes I know a bazillion other fighting games probably do it too).

I highly doubt we'll get a tag-team switch in type thing like those other games though, even if there was a long transition between the characters like Pokemon Trainer.

This idea doesn't hype me as much as I thought it would, but I still like the idea. Gives me an excuse to play all the characters from a certain game series I like (or all swordsmen) all at once if I choose to do so.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Ah, glad you said that, because I didn't see them picking characters, or a description about that anywhere. Reminds me of Marvel V.S. Capcom (yes I know a bazillion other fighting games probably do it too).

I highly doubt we'll get a tag-team switch in type thing like those other games though, even if there was a long transition between the characters like Pokemon Trainer.

This idea doesn't hype me as much as I thought it would, but I still like the idea. Gives me an excuse to play all the characters from a certain game series I like (or all swordsmen) all at once if I choose to do so.
There were other videos that were posted by a PMBR that showed the process in beta, as well as a vid with four players in a free-for-all with 41 stocks - one for each character.
I was refering to my first post in this thread but yes obviously more will be announced for PM in general as well

Also here's a few videos showing the development of ASV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kISStN6E5Gw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdIppnwqc3Q https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zlQFR0Wcd4

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Can confirm, allstar mode is amazing and really fun, and if you only want to play one character it's fun to have all their colors in one match.

It COULD be a whole new metagame, I pick ZSS after my squirtle to cover MU holes if the opponent sends out a swordsman to beat my squirtle. PMBR IS VERY GOOD.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
That WOULD be really cool, though. Imagine if you could switch the controls to another player!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Oh; yes. Thanks. I am now hyped for it.

Top Bottom