• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.02 Released! (Changelog in post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalardj

Smash Cadet
Man they don't seem to care about those of us with Classic Controller or Wii motion plus controller issues. Seems like their only focus was the Gamecube controller.
Wii mote plus will never work because of an anty-pirate thing that implement Nintendo on them if I'm correct.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So I downloaded the hackless full set version and tried to boot it up and I got a green and purple fuzzy screen what does this mean?

Nazo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nazoplex
I have yet to have a single problem with my wii motion plus wiichuck.

But I would definitely love to know the input for the salty runback on wiichuck.

Revven

FrankerZ
Yeah, I ment USB loading the game via the new launcher
I'm pretty sure it does not support USB Loading as it requires the disc like Riivolution. You're better off just using the .zip and replacing your projectm and codes folders for your particular setup.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
I get "MD5 Mismatch!" after it finishes downloading, then it retries, and it just keeps doing it.

I've reformatted the SD card.

Using:
Launcher 1.01
P:M 3.0 files (no mods)
1 GB SD

BLUX

Smash Cadet
can't get hackless to work. i go through brawl then the launcher then screen turns black when i press play

Tree Cat

Smash Cadet
How do I get it if I don't have project M on my card? I don't see any installers and I've tried downloading and extracting the hackless wii full and it didn't work.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Updater stops at about 50% through the download. Tried a few times now, left the updater running for about a half hour each try.

Oldeeber

Smash Cadet
so where can I find information on launching PM 3.01 through letterbomb? just downloaded letterbomb and have no idea how to use it/boot PM through it.

Abeebo

Smash Journeyman
I'm using the ideal setup for 3.01 fullset homebrew. I seem to be getting a black screen after launch as well. The 'About' option failed to detect my M version, and the 'Update' feature tells me i'm missing a file. Did a little snooping in the folders.

I'm curious as to why the 'projectm' folder has two separate folders named 'full' and 'wifi', when I specifically got the full code set. I presume this is for the near-future codeset swapping feature? I deleted 'wifi' folder in small hopes it would help me now, but it did no such thing. Will try again.

Kati

Smash Lord
Not bad but I don't feel like updating because I don't want to lose my Melee sfx. Please just include it with PM or make Amazerommu PMBR.
Keep it optional please. But yes, the melee announcer is awesome. I thought it would be jank having two announcers in one game, but it's actually pretty hype.

Unless you want the power shield sfx, I think you can just move the sawnd files and keep your sfx.

Abeebo

Smash Journeyman
Hmm.... The new launcher itself doesn't connect to the internet. Ticker constantly says 'Downloading news...'. This is quite odd.

PaRappa the Rapper

Smash Cadet
Hm, I can't get the L + R + Y combo to restart the match in the pause screen or at the end of the match (score screen). Do I have to press them in some order or something? I've tried of multiple stages and it doesn't work for me.

Rainierman

Smash Rookie
So, does the Project M Team have plans to implement different save files from vBrawl? (For keeping those different My Music configurations and the such) Because that's the only feature I use Riivolution for that this update hasn't implemented yet.

Regardless, way to go PM Team :). Way to go!

Abeebo

Smash Journeyman
Hey, does the launcher NEED to be online for me to install 3.01? I've tried a couple methods with my hacked wii (both homebrew and nohomebrew), and both launcher types, and my screen still goes black. My wii connects to the internet, and homebrew confirms it's connected, but the launcher news ticker says 'Downloading News...' and the 'About' option never knows what version I have.

Since my wii has been hacked for a while, do you think years of WAD installings and Boot.Mi attempts and whatnot would affect my situation?

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Bahhh. I got the launcher to say I'm on P:M 3.1 which is totes cool and all, but when I hit play, the screen goes black and the wii freezes! Hopefully someone can get a solution for this soon, I wanted to play with my friends today haha.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
what the heck

why were color bars removed, that was great

Steelia

Smash Champion
Going to miss the color bars... but I have to admit, I'm now glad I don't have to make 100+ CSPs including updated color things. It was such a painnnnn to add custom costumes, and having my OCD(?) get the best of me & update the CSP and corresponding color/special bars. Goooooodness.

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
So, does the Project M Team have plans to implement different save files from vBrawl? (For keeping those different My Music configurations and the such) Because that's the only feature I use Riivolution for that this update hasn't implemented yet.

Regardless, way to go PM Team :). Way to go!
I made a code for my music configuration http://smashboards.com/threads/official-code-q-a-requests.225238/page-115#post-16117010

use one copy in your project m codeset and 1 in your vbrawl codeset

btw if you know a way to turn that .svg into an .rtf that'd be great because everyone has wordpad

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
AFAIK, color bars were sort of in tandem with the warning symbols for lag and now that the lag of alts/stages are gone, it is no longer needed. The color bars also forced overall CSP quality to be extremely bad.

lag comp

Smash Rookie
Great! Thank you for removing the color bars, I can now use other character portrait when changing the alternate costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom