• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.02 Released! (Changelog in post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braggins

Smash Apprentice
I still haven't got this to work. When I do the first install option of just extracting the entire 3.01 zip to my sd card (homebrew full set) the launcher fails to load and just goes to a black screen. The fixed launcher zip will load but if I try to use it to update from 3.0 I get the Project M info.xml not found error. I then tried to just extract the entire 3.01 onto my sd then extract the fixed launcher choosing to replace the files. This almost works. The launcher loads and so does project M 3.01 but whenever you try to switch a characters costume to one of the alternate ones the games freezes. I really wish someone could help me with this. I kind of preferred the game when it actually works. This seems unnecessary and is causing people lots of problems.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Could someone give me the Mediafire link for the Full Hackless Wii download? The Project M site is acting weird - just for me, I guess.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'd just like the confirm that the new rematch, match reset and resetting to the character select after selecting a stage do in fact work perfectly with the Classic Controller Pro. (And by extension, the normal Classic Controller)

Had no issues trying to do the rests with it, so that's one slight worry of mine gone. :3

And it's funny, I was neutral tot he color bars at first, but now that they're gone, I kinda miss them. Oh well. I'll just add them back in for mine since I'm using SJS's CSPs..

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
Hey guys I am buying a Nintendo Wii tmrw JUST TO PLAY PROJECT MELEE. So I just want to make sure before buying this.. does a sd card bigger than 2gb work? Or is 2gb the only possibility also for these ''patches'' do I need to delete the current one off my sd and then download the new one? Thanks

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
Could someone give me the Mediafire link for the Full Hackless Wii download? The Project M site is acting weird - just for me, I guess.
It's not just you. Server is either overloaded from too many people trying to download PM, or it's just down for whatever reason. Personally, I'd find the former more realistic.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Hey guys I am buying a Nintendo Wii tmrw JUST TO PLAY PROJECT MELEE. So I just want to make sure before buying this.. does a sd card bigger than 2gb work? Or is 2gb the only possibility also for these ''patches'' do I need to delete the current one off my sd and then download the new one? Thanks
You need an SD card of 2gb or less.

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
I still haven't got this to work. When I do the first install option of just extracting the entire 3.01 zip to my sd card (homebrew full set) the launcher fails to load and just goes to a black screen. The fixed launcher zip will load but if I try to use it to update from 3.0 I get the Project M info.xml not found error. I then tried to just extract the entire 3.01 onto my sd then extract the fixed launcher choosing to replace the files. This almost works. The launcher loads and so does project M 3.01 but whenever you try to switch a characters costume to one of the alternate ones the games freezes. I really wish someone could help me with this. I kind of preferred the game when it actually works. This seems unnecessary and is causing people lots of problems.
That's weird. I use the hackless method so I'm afraid I couldn't shed light on what may be wrong. For all we know, the homebrew method may have far more issues than the hackless method. I'd look back on the site when it's back up to see if you can find an answer to your dilemma.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
You need an SD card of 2gb or less.
Or he could modify his Wii so he can run it on a larger capacity SD card/USB stick. Hell I have a friend that actually figured out how to run Project M without the Brawl disk. Granted I'm guessing someone did this already.

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
Or he could modify his Wii so he can run it on a larger capacity SD card/USB stick. Hell I have a friend that actually figured out how to run Project M without the Brawl disk. Granted I'm guessing someone did this already.
WAIT, you can run on the launcher on a USB stick?

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
As of 3.01, you only need a 2GB SD Card if you are going to use the hackless method. Otherwise, SDHC Cards are finally supported.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Dunno if this bug is already known, but when slow down items are in active (the clock or shadow's chaos control), the physics and gravity of the characters get really janky.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Dunno if this bug is already known, but when slow down items are in active (the clock or shadow's chaos control), the physics and gravity of the characters get really janky.
Old and known.

Braggins

Smash Apprentice
New downloads work. Great times ahead.

edit: Spoke too soon. Alternate costumes still freezing the game. Is anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
New downloads work. Great times ahead.

edit: Spoke too soon. Alternate costumes still freezing the game. Is anyone else having this problem?

Any chance of scrapping the new launcher and going back to the way it was before 3.01. You know... the way that actually worked. I'd prefer to be able to actually play the game.
You don't actually have to use the launcher. If you download the full zip, you can ignore it and update in the normal way.

Braggins

Smash Apprentice
You don't actually have to use the launcher. If you download the full zip, you can ignore it and update in the normal way.
That is what I did. The new download for the full zip is working except for the game freezing as soon as I switch a character to an alternate costume. I guess my problem isn't with the launcher now, but this ordeal is still frustrating. I've used every single previous version of project m with no issues and now I'm having all kinds of trouble.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
If the wii is hacked you can use a card larger than 2GB. Basically, if you have a way to load pm without using the stage builder exploit you can use a card larger than 2GB.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
sry if this has been asked already**

there are 2 new files on my sd card. one labeled full and one labeled wifi. does this allow me to play on wifi without needing to exchanged files? or are they just convenient location files and i still have to change it up.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
sry if this has been asked already**

there are 2 new files on my sd card. one labeled full and one labeled wifi. does this allow me to play on wifi without needing to exchanged files? or are they just convenient location files and i still have to change it up.
They contain the files necessary to switch between versions but you have to change the files manually, I think they are there in prep for the "being able to switch between Wifi and Full versions" thing they said was coming soon.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
This might have been asked already, so my bad. But when it says Kirby can now edgecancel his Cutter Dash, how does one go about doing that? Ive tried positioning myself so that it would end right where the edge is, that doesnt do anything... Ive also tried running off with it during the startup, that doesnt do anything either... so wut do??? (Kappa)

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Shocking news: Animations screw up in 1/4 speed

More news at 11 with BJN.
And about Shadow Storm's Aura effect when rising?

Or this?

SmashWiki said:
In Brawl, there is a glitch in which, if Toon Link reverses a Quickdrawn Bow, he may shoot the arrow backwards as usual, but still look the opposite side. This glitch remains in Project M.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
I can't get the launcher update to complete. It stalls around 4/5 of the way through.

Ruthy

Smash Apprentice
So I downloaded the No homebrew launcher, and do I just replace the "projectm" and "boot.elf" files already on the SD card with the ones from the folder downloaded?

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
about time kirby could cutter dash on the ground. i was so confused on how to do that at first cuz i was trying to do it on the ground first. i kept doing it at random and couldnt figure out how i was doing it. then i found out i had to be airborne to use cutter dash. now it looks as if i can cutter dash without short hopping first. a major improvment.

itsDa$H

Smash Cadet
Every time I attempt to get online this message appears, "Unable to connect to the Internet. Confirm the Internet settings of the Wii console. Error Code: 50330"
I've already confirmed my settings and ran a connection test and things turned out fine, and I'm able to log on to SSBB's online with no problems, its just PM. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
Every time I attempt to get online this message appears, "Unable to connect to the Internet. Confirm the Internet settings of the Wii console. Error Code: 50330"
I've already confirmed my settings and ran a connection test and things turned out fine, and I'm able to log on to SSBB's online with no problems, its just PM. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?
You're probably using the v1.0 launcher. They released a v1.01 which is compatible with wifi. Original v1.0 launcher is not compatible with 3.01's wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom