• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.02 Released! (Changelog in post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestis

Smash Ace
Will it be possible to install the launcher as a channel at some point? I never expected a launcher. But now that I see it, I think getting it away from the Homebrew channel will make it feel even more so like its own game, and not a mod. Plus its convenient x]

Revven

FrankerZ
Non-homebrew users wouldn't be able to take advantage of a channel for the launcher -- the only way to have a custom channel on your Wii requires you to mod it. Basically... I wouldn't expect a channel for the launcher, unless someone in the community decides to make one for your personal use.

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
The homebrew channel installs with the same exploits used to run project m their's no reason they couldn't get a Project M channel to install in the same way

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
So I'm pretty sure I have an unmodified 3.0, with one exception - The launcher. I replaced the original boot.elf with the new launcher. Is that the reason I'm unable to update?

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I don't know if this has been asked already, if it has, I'm sorry. Does updating from the launcher erase all my custom music? According to the launcher, 3.02 has been released but I don't want to lose my stuff if that's the case.

MattNF

Smash Lord
Just curious, what is the changelog for 3.02? Minor bug fixes, or are there any gameplay changes?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Just curious, what is the changelog for 3.02? Minor bug fixes, or are there any gameplay changes?
The name heights on CSPs were lowered to where they should be now that color bars are gone. Kirby Lucario hat canceling aura sphere no longer freezes you in place. Roy's final smash no longer has him invisible if you clank the attack. Falco fsmash charge gfx are now properly on his feet.

That is the entire 3.02 changelist.

wwfbrawler781

Smash Rookie
NNID
wwfbrawler781
3DS FC
4356-0952-3106
So which files can I selectively replace so I don't need to re-do 4 hours of modding? Kirby's, Roy's, Falco's, and common5?

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
I am using dolphin (which doesn't support resets) and it does not let me update the patcher to 1.04, do I need 1.04 for anything?

DiamondDust

Prime Time Player
NNID
MaysTheCraze
I'm confused. Can we not use Gecko or Riivolution at all? I know the Launcher is more convenient, but my Brawl disk broke awhile back, but I backed up the ISO on a hard drive before then, as I'm paranoid as hell. The only way I've been playing Project M to this point is by using my backup, but that won't work with the launcher, I presume.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping that the next big update will fix things like allowing C stick buffering and L/R lightpress on the WiFi version. I dislike having to choose between being able to C stick buffer Ganon's Dair, and playing Wifi.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
I'm confused. Can we not use Gecko or Riivolution at all? I know the Launcher is more convenient, but my Brawl disk broke awhile back, but I backed up the ISO on a hard drive before then, as I'm paranoid as hell. The only way I've been playing Project M to this point is by using my backup, but that won't work with the launcher, I presume.
Yes to Gecko. And backups can be used to play. Just enable Ocarina codes and set the hook to AXNextFrame

Abeebo

Smash Journeyman
I've used a couple of zips now and i'm still getting a black screen after pressing play at the launcher. Launcher doesn't want to connect to the internet either. 3.0 update had my head spinning a while too. Not sure what they did after 2.6 but 3.x updates have been oddly cumbersome. What else could be affecting the game, outside of '3.0 SD card troubleshooting'? My wii is a softmodded 4.2u with a legit Brawl disc, the same 2gb card i've used since 2.0, wifi enabled, and I do a clean install every update. I've read that IOS's play a big role in the launcher and gecko and all that; do you think me installing WADS and homebrew apps affect the launcher?

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
still can't update the launcher to give me 3.2 how do i fix this?
I would think by downloading the build manually as the site...

just out of curiosity, PMBR, how long was the launcher tested? I got the one on mine to work properly via reinstalling the latest build, but I just figure I'll ask anyways given what happened this past week...

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Yes 3.02,now we need 98 more updates to hit v3.1!

So about x days for it(I don't feel like doing the math) 12 weeksish?

sonicrules1234

Smash Rookie

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I don't know if this has been asked already, if it has, I'm sorry. Does updating from the launcher erase all my custom music? According to the launcher, 3.02 has been released but I don't want to lose my stuff if that's the case.
You'll get a warning in the Launcher 1.03+ if there's a conflict with modded files

Shin F.

Smash Master
Question: Will the launcher work for non-Project M modsets? I ask because it would be incredibly convenient to not have to worry about the 2GB limit for Brawl Minus or any of my fully custom builds.

AbstractChaos74

Smash Rookie
Welp, I fixed one problem at least. That's a start. But now it says "Download failed. Retrying..." And says "No network" at the top of the info panel bar where it should be advertising about the new patch when in fact I am online. -.-......
Would you mind telling me how you exactly fixed that error? I'm having the same issue. Thanks! >_<

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
Would you mind telling me how you exactly fixed that error? I'm having the same issue. Thanks! >_<
Yeah, no worries. You're more than likely using the v1.0 launcher which would basically be the "boot.elf" file. Just go to the download page on ProjectM's site, and re-download the wifi safe set. It should have an updated "boot.elf" file which you just then put along with the other files back onto your SD card (the old erase and replace technique). The new version should be wifi compatible and you'll even be able to update to the v1.04 launcher. Hope this helped you.

AbstractChaos74

Smash Rookie
Yeah, no worries. You're more than likely using the v1.0 launcher which would basically be the "boot.elf" file. Just go to the download page on ProjectM's site, and re-download the wifi safe set. It should have an updated "boot.elf" file which you just then put along with the other files back onto your SD card (the old erase and replace technique). The new version should be wifi compatible and you'll even be able to update to the v1.04 launcher. Hope this helped you.
I am using the launcher (for Homebrew users) from the main website's download page. So should I download the launcher from the Homebrew wi-fi safe or full? I don't play online. Just not sure if it had to be the file specifically from the wi-fi safe download. Thanks for the reply!

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
I am using the launcher (for Homebrew users) from the main website's download page. So should I download the launcher from the Homebrew wi-fi safe or full? I don't play online. Just not sure if it had to be the file specifically from the wi-fi safe download. Thanks for the reply!
I personally play online so it's not any of the files. Yeah, I'd try the fullset and see what happens. Literally all I do is just extract all the files from the zip file, make sure my SD card is clear, copy all the files to the card and that's it. But then again, I use the hackless method. I'm not sure if there have been any ongoing issues for modded Wii users. Um.. Make sure there isn't any custom content or any of that. It may be that. Doubtful. If your problem persists, I'd look around for some tutorial videos. I've heard people have been putting some out. If none of that works, I'm all out of ideas, man. Sorry.

AbstractChaos74

Smash Rookie
Thanks a lot for the guidance. Personally I think the launcher isn't updated like the .zips are so I'll let it download overnight and try in the morning. Appreciate it :)

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
Thanks a lot for the guidance. Personally I think the launcher isn't updated like the .zips are so I'll let it download overnight and try in the morning. Appreciate it :)
You're welcome. Perhaps. If that is the case, check PM's Twitter feed. That's where I got my V1.01 launcher which fixed my issues - They posted a link a while ago on there. Hopefully if all else fails, that'll help. Sorry I couldn't have helped you more. Good luck, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom