• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Project Klonoa::..Pretty much dead:::.....

Fen__

Smash Ace
Shouldn't the title be updated since the huge problem is now fixed?

HidanOmega

Smash Cadet
I'm glad to hear the running and edge grabbing problems are fixed. Can't wait to see how awesome this ends up now.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Yo, I have the same problem you had with his running, that he would run too far and loop back to where he should've been. I already switched the bone indexes of what moves him and the original TransN. Could you detail exactly what you did to fix it? It would mean a lot =D

ds22

Smash Lord
Yo, I have the same problem you had with his running, that he would run too far and loop back to where he should've been. I already switched the bone indexes of what moves him and the original TransN. Could you detail exactly what you did to fix it? It would mean a lot =D
Just a quick question.
Who are you doing?
Just curious...

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Just a quick question.
Who are you doing?
Just curious...
Haha, Magmortar over Mario, and eventually Marowak over Diddy Kong. But yeah, would you happen to have an answer to my question? =3

ds22

Smash Lord
Haha, Magmortar over Mario, and eventually Marowak over Diddy Kong. But yeah, would you happen to have an answer to my question? =3
Try finding a unused bone (a bone that isn't attached to a polygon or body), hex the BoneIndex to have the same index as the original TransN and rename it to TransN.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Try finding a unused bone (a bone that isn't attached to a polygon or body), hex the BoneIndex to have the same index as the original TransN and rename it to TransN.
You have to rename it TransN as well? Okay, I'll try that. I already remapped the transn bone index to origin, the movement bone common among all pokepark pokemon. Hopefully this'll work =3

ds22

Smash Lord
You have to rename it TransN as well? Okay, I'll try that. I already remapped the transn bone index to origin, the movement bone common among all pokepark pokemon. Hopefully this'll work =3
If origin doesn't work, try to find a bone which if you change the translation of, doesn't modify the model.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
If origin doesn't work, try to find a bone which if you change the translation of, doesn't modify the model.
If I found a different bone, would the animation move forward/sideways in Brawlbox?

Fen__

Smash Ace
Marowak instead of Cubone makes me sad, but good luck.

On a note more relevant to the thread, is Klonoa truly back on track now? I.e. are you guys making progress as quickly as you were when the project first started again or is it going to be kind of slow for a while?

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Marowak instead of Cubone makes me sad, but good luck.

On a note more relevant to the thread, is Klonoa truly back on track now? I.e. are you guys making progress as quickly as you were when the project first started again or is it going to be kind of slow for a while?
Well Shock's working on the PSA now and considering we're just working for a beta atm, we're overlooking some minor glitches which will be fixed later on hopefully but that just means that it will take less time. And I for one have nothing better to do with my time for the next several weeks than to make animations... So if all goes well, it shouldn't be much longer ^^

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Well Shock's working on the PSA now and considering we're just working for a beta atm, we're overlooking some minor glitches which will be fixed later on hopefully but that just means that it will take less time. And I for one have nothing better to do with my time for the next several weeks than to make animations... So if all goes well, it shouldn't be much longer ^^
Yep. Frosty's helped out with some new animations while StarWaffle was gone. I'm not very good at PSA but I'm slowly learning how to do it.

HidanOmega

Smash Cadet
Yep. Frosty's helped out with some new animations while StarWaffle was gone. I'm not very good at PSA but I'm slowly learning how to do it.
PSA is actually one of the only things i'm good when it comes to customizing. I never took the time to learn bone indexing and all that stuff. I was working on a Sephiroth PSA to go with the vertex hack that was made but I stopped for a bit since Brawl- came out.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
PSA is actually one of the only things i'm good when it comes to customizing. I never took the time to learn bone indexing and all that stuff. I was working on a Sephiroth PSA to go with the vertex hack that was made but I stopped for a bit since Brawl- came out.
Would you like to help me out with the Klonoa PSA then?

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Um...You're post just made page 26...
Okay now it decided to work. But I tried clicking the 26 link and it kept sending me to page 25. I tried clicking the arrow and it gave me an error. I was able to get to page 26 by going to the beginning and then to the last page. I'm having the same problem at the Fully New Character Archive thread. And clicking last does not take me to the last page. It takes me to the second to last.

HidanOmega

Smash Cadet
Everything that was on pg 26 is back now after another 502 bad gateway error...

Edit: I'm not the only one getting these errors am I? These 502 Bad Gateway and 504 Gateway Timeout errors.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Yeah, there've been rollback problems all over. I'll come back to pages to find a number of posts completely gone, and then can't post until they come back. You pretty much can't do anything until the site restores itself.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Okay well I've made the double jump animations, all of the brakes, and the turnrun. And I would love to give Shock the turnrunbrake and damagefall animations if he'd ever get on messenger XD. I'd like to get started on some new ones but I'm afraid something bad might happen to the files like last time. So after I get these into Shocks more than capable hands, I'll get started on the escape animations (Dodgerolls) unless Starwaffle has already started on them of course. ^^

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
K, next animations on my list include:
-Airdodge
-Fdodge
-Bdodge
-Ndodge
-Final

shock44

Smash Journeyman
I have a question for you all who want this project to be good. For Klonoa's forward smash, if you seen the videos his ears get big and he like smacks them forward, should we keep the ability to have his attack shoot projectiles back or not?

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
It... seems like he should be able to.
*thinks that wind from ears can reflect projectiles*

Fen__

Smash Ace
Eh, I don't know. It doesn't seem as intuitive as other reflector moves.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be safe to say no towards projectiles for a forward smash. It seems like something a neutral B attack or -> B attack would do.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Okay then, I'll take away the reflecting projectile feature of his forward smash. Another question, we're currently working on the animation for his ring sword speical and we thought that because of the way Klonoa moves the ring that it would reflect projectiles or maybe we could make it so it just makes them not effect him like with Link's Shield(if thats possible). I'm talking about when klonoa does the speical not when he's just standing there like link does, by the way.

Salezander

Smash Rookie
wow did the entire thread slow down or something? because i would like to know how far along you've gotten in 4 days.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
wow did the entire thread slow down or something? because i would like to know how far along you've gotten in 4 days.
Don't worry we are making some good progress. I'll update the OP sometime this evening. I am at school right now and won't be back till about 5pm.

Top Bottom