• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Project Klonoa::..Pretty much dead:::.....

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
==THIS IS A THEORY==

Click to see

Here's your problem, the snapback is probably because the bone tree isn't correct, the first 2 bones need to be at (0,0,0) which, in lucas' case is the TopN and the EyeYellowM (Usually called BodyM). The TransN's index must be one higher than the BodyM (Or EyeYellowM) and be at (0,0,0) and can go to (0,0,*However far the character moves*) during the animations. I noticed in the video that the TransN wasn't set to (0,0,0 for its Tpose, which may be what's causing the problem.

Also, the ThrownN bone stays with the character, while the first 2 bones stay at the snap-back point.

You found most of this out in the video towards the end, I started writing this as soon as I saw that part of it in the vid xD.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
==THIS IS A THEORY==

Click to see

Here's your problem, the snapback is probably because the bone tree isn't correct, the first 2 bones need to be at (0,0,0) which, in lucas' case is the TopN and the EyeYellowM (Usually called BodyM). The TransN's index must be one higher than the BodyM (Or EyeYellowM) and be at (0,0,0) and can go to (0,0,*However far the character moves*) during the animations. I noticed in the video that the TransN wasn't set to (0,0,0 for its Tpose, which may be what's causing the problem.

Also, the ThrownN bone stays with the character, while the first 2 bones stay at the snap-back point.

You found most of this out in the video towards the end, I started writing this as soon as I saw that part of it in the vid xD.
Thats kinda what i was stating...

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but I went in depth a little more, and I've been gone for the past couple days so I wasn't gonna go and read all 1340902.2340 posts, I just watched the vids and noted my observations =p.

Mka

Smash Rookie
For the run how come it isn't a cycle? Are 3D games (or brawl) different than 2D animation imports. Also is it possible for you to physically move Klonoa up while in the run animation? Or is it something totally different?

Oh and didn't the guy importing ichigo get his run working perfectly?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Hey heres another point out from the video, it looks as if the bone staying still when klonoa runs is verticle, it should be straight across with one or two bones connecting to it allowing him to run, that makes him not teleport.

Also i think leafbarrett is having the same problem with her gardevoir, i dont know if she fixed the grab ledge and hang, but i think she fixed the grab and not die.
I never had the grab and die glitch... and I'm a guy. XD Don't worry, you aren't the first to mistake me for a girl over the internet XD

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
I never had the grab and die glitch... and I'm a guy. XD Don't worry, you aren't the first to mistake me for a girl over the internet XD
yo im sorry haha, jsut the whole fact your pic is a girly lookin gardevoir lol. my bad any ways i saw in your vid how you character whould die when he grab the ledge annd then the next video it didnt die.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
WOW! The work you guys have done is amazing. This is one of the most interesting PSAs I've seen yet.
l
QUESTION: Are you guys going to make alternate costumes for Klonoa? Like his original costume with his hat turned forward, and his summer costume from Klonoa Wii? That would be cool. Hope it wouldn't be too much work for you.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
yo im sorry haha, jsut the whole fact your pic is a girly lookin gardevoir lol. my bad any ways i saw in your vid how you character whould die when he grab the ledge annd then the next video it didnt die.
Lol XD That's because I'm a hardcore Gardevoir fan... tbh, the dream of being able to play as Gardevoir is what started me hacking Brawl in the first place, way back to about 2 weeks before the hype for PSA (still Plan Zero back then) started.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
WOW! The work you guys have done is amazing. This is one of the most interesting PSAs I've seen yet.
l
QUESTION: Are you guys going to make alternate costumes for Klonoa? Like his original costume with his hat turned forward, and his summer costume from Klonoa Wii? That would be cool. Hope it wouldn't be too much work for you.
Yes we do in fact plan on letting people pick which costume they want and having each have their own different colors. Were using the blue zipper costume for the start just because that's the one that I've seen that Namco uses mostly and that one that most people like. (at least I see it more often when people have pictures of Klonoa) We're planning on having the costumes be: the red collar one from the first game, the zipper blue one from the 2nd game, the summer costume from the wii game, the red jacket one from the wii game, and just because its also on the wii game and just for the lols I'm gonna make the pajamas a costume too. (that is if it works the same as the others do).

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Oh, ok. Good luck with the rest of the project. Once he's released, I'm probably going to play as him and Kid Goku all of the time lol. Once I figure out how PSA and modeling works, I may be able to offer a helping hand.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys, I just tried making the TransN bone be at 0,0,0 on rotations and it didn't change anything. Also I did a test where I made Mario's running animation only be 15 frames and Mario still ran just fine, his feet just didn't move right but he still ran across the stage smoothly. Got any other ideas?

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Try making the second bone also at 0,0,0
I'm not sure what you mean. TopN is the first bone and its at 0,0,0 and then hips which is the TransN bone and is the second bone is at 0,0,0. Are you talking about the next bone which is the third bone? cuz that ones labeled body and its not at 0,0,0.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
You mentioned XRot in the video.

What do XRot and YRot do exactly, and could YRot maybe be the root of the problem?

The thing was rigged up with PSA, right? Could it be a hex problem?

Computer part's lack of quality makes it hard to view and see what you are doing at times.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Bone 0 is the TopN bone right? Make the bone with an index of 1 be at the same place as the TopN, 0,0,0 so it is identical with lucas'

Just throwin out ideas :\

shock44

Smash Journeyman
You mentioned XRot in the video.

What do XRot and YRot do exactly, and could YRot maybe be the root of the problem?

The thing was rigged up with PSA, right? Could it be a hex problem?

Computer part's lack of quality makes it hard to view and see what you are doing at times.
I don't really know what the XRotN and YRotN bones do but I've heard that they might be important bones. Could someone tell me if they have any significance?

Bone 0 is the TopN bone right? Make the bone with an index of 1 be at the same place as the TopN, 0,0,0 so it is identical with lucas'

Just throwin out ideas :\
I just tried changing the bone that is set to bone index 1 to 0,0,0 and it didnt do anything to fix his running. Just so you know I'm just changing his T pose, I haven't done any editing to his running animation or walking.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Try editing the animation by making the first 2 bones (Indexes 0 and 1 respectfully) at 0,0,0 so they mimic that of Lucas'

Salezander

Smash Rookie
Well the first thing i would do is try to make Klonoa's bones mimic Lucas's in all the names and indexes so that would eliminate anything happening but that may not be possible.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Well the first thing i would do is try to make Klonoa's bones mimic Lucas's in all the names and indexes so that would eliminate anything happening but that may not be possible.
I'll give it a shot when I get home. I'll just try to make both animations as close as possible.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Sorry shock, looks like those animations you wanted might take me a little while ^^' My dad broke my computer with his CB radio so I need to get it fixed. Hopefully I'll get a spare comp running in the meantime.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Sorry shock, looks like those animations you wanted might take me a little while ^^' My dad broke my computer with his CB radio so I need to get it fixed. Hopefully I'll get a spare comp running in the meantime.
Ah man that sucks. Well I hope you get it fixed soon or get a spare comp soon. No pressure man.

Edit: After comparing Klonoa's run animation to Lucas' they look pretty similar. There's only like 2 frames that don't match up movement wise and Lucas' run is 25 frames and Klonoa's is 23. The only other thing I can think of doing is maybe moving Klonoa's HipN bone the same way Lucas' is moving. That might do something, but I'm not sure. I guess I'll try making Klonoa's running animation match up right with Lucas' and make it 25 frames. Then I'll try animating Klonoa's HipN bone like Lucas' (even though Klonoa's HipN bone is a bone that doesn't do anything and I used it for HipN because if you don't have a bone that is indexed to the original character's HipN and is named HipN then grabbing people will not work.) If it doesn't do anything I guess I'll try giving him an XRotN and YRotN.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
WHOOPS! looks like a double posted by accident again. Please delete this or ignore it or something. I'll just edit my last post. Very sorry.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys I fixed the running glitch! Here is an update video showing my progress!
I hope you guys like it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcsuhp_klonoa-update-running-problem-solve (this video works now
by the way. I didn't have it published correctly earlier.)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcsuvq_klonoa-update-running-problem-solve_videogames

I had to split into 2 parts cuz I was thinking of the Youtube limit. But now I just realized that Dailymotion's limit is 20 minutes and not 10. But I forgot so it's in 2 parts.

Edit: Also I forgot to say in the video that I was able to figure out how to go about fixing the running from what ds22 told me to do in the comments of the last video. Thanks ds22 for giving me that pointer. I didn't think I would have to do this way but apparently with Kid Goku and Naruto they both had to use a bone that didn't do anything and just move it like the TransN bone and have it be the bone index of the TransN bone of the original character.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
*Inhales* Ahhh, I love the smell of progress. Great work shock, now to work on the materials so we can get his normal texture.

ds22

Smash Lord
Okay guys I fixed the running glitch! Here is an update video showing my progress!
I hope you guys like it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcsuhp_klonoa-update-running-problem-solve (this video works now
by the way. I didn't have it published correctly earlier.)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcsuvq_klonoa-update-running-problem-solve_videogames

I had to split into 2 parts cuz I was thinking of the Youtube limit. But now I just realized that Dailymotion's limit is 20 minutes and not 10. But I forgot so it's in 2 parts.

Edit: Also I forgot to say in the video that I was able to figure out how to go about fixing the running from what ds22 told me to do in the comments of the last video. Thanks ds22 for giving me that pointer. I didn't think I would have to do this way but apparently with Kid Goku and Naruto they both had to use a bone that didn't do anything and just move it like the TransN bone and have it be the bone index of the TransN bone of the original character.
Your welcome. :)
Anyway, where can I get that beautiful CSS/CSP for Klonoa?

shock44

Smash Journeyman
If you want to fix his head, etc. going every where just change around the animations.
The animations don't appear different in brawlbox like they do in game. So how would I know what to move to make his head not be messed up.

Your welcome. :)
Anyway, where can I get that beautiful CSS/CSP for Klonoa?
I'm not sure if I should release those yet since we don't have a good moveset done yet.

*Inhales* Ahhh, I love the smell of progress. Great work shock, now to work on the materials so we can get his normal texture.
If you know how to make it so he's not dark on certain stages or if you have an idea of what we could do to fix it then let me know.

Top Bottom