• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Project Klonoa::..Pretty much dead:::.....

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I have a question for you all who want this project to be good. For Klonoa's forward smash, if you seen the videos his ears get big and he like smacks them forward, should we keep the ability to have his attack shoot projectiles back or not?
I was thinking something to do with his ring/a ring shield could do that. Which could or could not be ftilt or something.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
I have a suggestion or question: Do you already have a plaaned Final Smash? If not, I suggest making it Klonoa's Hyper Wind Bullet attack from Klonoa Wii. I think it would be a cool Final Smash, causing a lot of damage and pushing the opponents off stage. In the air, it would be a downward shot.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
I have a suggestion or question: Do you already have a plaaned Final Smash? If not, I suggest making it Klonoa's Hyper Wind Bullet attack from Klonoa Wii. I think it would be a cool Final Smash, causing a lot of damage and pushing the opponents off stage. In the air, it would be a downward shot.
You mean the giant blast from the ending of the game? By the way we already have a Final smash planned. We're using the super attack from NamcoXCapcom.

Edit: Alright guys I updated the OP check it out! I tried to pretty much tell where we are in the project currently and show off some new pics!

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Luvin his pimpin new sword, Also Shock, I read in the OP that there were many animations from the game that you couldn't use, why is that? Does the game not use Chr0 format?

If it does, however, then I have a solution, and it requires dolphin and a memory dumper.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Luvin his pimpin new sword, Also Shock, I read in the OP that there were many animations from the game that you couldn't use, why is that? Does the game not use Chr0 format?

If it does, however, then I have a solution, and it requires dolphin and a memory dumper.
The game does use CHR0s but there's so many and they are named random numbers. There was also this one file that had SHP0s in it that came after one CHR0. But the rest of the files had CHR0s. If you can teach me that memory dumper trick to dump CHR0s from the game I would really appericate it!

Fen__

Smash Ace
The game does use CHR0s but there's so many and they are named random numbers. There was also this one file that had SHP0s in it that came after one CHR0. But the rest of the files had CHR0s. If you can teach me that memory dumper trick to dump CHR0s from the game I would really appericate it!
It's not much of a trick. You just make a memory dump in an area where those animations would be loaded, and the files will be in the dump. For example, they wanted Lloyd's battle animations, so they ran ToS and did a memory dump during a battle that Lloyd was in.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Yup, what Fen said. Its much easier than searching thru the iso, because you know the animations are in the file, it'll just take a little longer to get them out. I could do it for you if you don't have a good enough computer to run dolphin, I have all 4 necessary things to get the dump.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Yup, what Fen said. Its much easier than searching thru the iso, because you know the animations are in the file, it'll just take a little longer to get them out. I could do it for you if you don't have a good enough computer to run dolphin, I have all 4 necessary things to get the dump.
Please do! My computer can't emulate Wii games worth crap. I'm trying right now and after an hour I just got to the beginning of the first cutscene. Okay can you please dump the memory for the cutscene where Klonoa first sees Hewpoe and the first level? Just send me the files you get from that. Thanks.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Please do! My computer can't emulate Wii games worth crap. I'm trying right now and after an hour I just got to the beginning of the first cutscene. Okay can you please dump the memory for the cutscene where Klonoa first sees Hewpoe and the first level? Just send me the files you get from that. Thanks.
Ok, the only thing is that the files will be HUGE. Like more than 500 MBs. TOS2's dumps were always > 500 MBs so I'm assuming these will too. So I'll need to send the files directly to you, do you have skype? Its the easiest way.

EDIT: That certainly is odd, I can run every single other iso in my hd except klonoa :l

THE EDIT UPON THE EDIT: I got it to load, I'll get those dumps for you asap

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Ok, the only thing is that the files will be HUGE. Like more than 500 MBs. TOS2's dumps were always > 500 MBs so I'm assuming these will too. So I'll need to send the files directly to you, do you have skype? Its the easiest way.

EDIT: That certainly is odd, I can run every single other iso in my hd except klonoa :l

THE EDIT UPON THE EDIT: I got it to load, I'll get those dumps for you asap
My Skype is the same as my username. Just add me and then I think we should send the dumps over Xfire cuz skype's sending file transfer is really slow. Just contact me on Skype and we can talk there.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys we've got some cool updates for you.
First we have the moo working.

We haven't gotten it all animated yet, but we're going to use it for his Up special.

Next we have his final smash nearly done.

The only thing that is left for the final smash is making a wind effect around Klonoa while he spins around and have the wind bullet coming out of his ring. Also let me know if we should keep those effects that are left over from the PK starstorm or not. Not sure how to remove them but if we get enough people who don't want them we'll try our best to remove them. Basically for the final smash Klonoa spins around while lightning falls from the sky and also Klonoa will pull you into him so you better jump away or run away or you're gonna get sucked in and you'll either get killed or just get a bunch of damage.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Suggestion on Final Smash:
Get rid of the rest of gfx, then use the "Falling Starstorm gfx" in Klonoa's RingBullet Bone.
Something like lots of energy bursting in the ring or something like that

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Suggestion on Final Smash:
Get rid of the rest of gfx, then use the "Falling Starstorm gfx" in Klonoa's RingBullet Bone.
Something like lots of energy bursting in the ring or something like that
Well ya see we replaced the starstorm model and the texture with Pikachu's lightning. And those fireworks type graphics still appear for starstorm. Would you know how to remove them?

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Idk much about removing articles, but that's whats more or less needed. Didn't read a few pages back, so were you guys able to edit the ringbullet? I believe you can pretty much do the same with the Starstorm

Fen__

Smash Ace
Definitely remove the Starstorm graphics if possible. There's no reason for them to be there.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Definitely remove the Starstorm graphics if possible. There's no reason for them to be there.
this is one of those "no ****" moments. is there really any part of you that would believe they would leave them in? stating the obvious isn't a way to contribute.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Please tell me the lighning bolts do not fall out of the sky like PK Starstorm; because that would be unoriginal and it'd partially fail...

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Please tell me the lighning bolts do not fall out of the sky like PK Starstorm; because that would be unoriginal and it'd partially fail...
I'll see if Nick can fix it. If he can't you'll have to live with it. Unless someone else can fix it.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
How much more work do you guys have until you finish? (excluding alternate costumes) Because I'm anxious for a Download. /o\_/o\

shock44

Smash Journeyman
How much more work do you guys have until you finish? (excluding alternate costumes) Because I'm anxious for a Download. /o\_/o\
We cannot release a beta until we are done with:
The final smash
the down special
the up special
the up smash
the down smash
the up tilt, forward tilt, and down tilt
all of Klonoa's air attacks
the grabbing and ledge grabs
and any other animations that we haven't done yet.

We are trying our best and we are sorry to make you people wait, but please be patient.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Wow, great job on the project and good luck. I'm just wondering (This probably has been asked.) how did you manage to fix the running/moving animations for Klonoa?

You see, I'm working on some character projects, and there have been no posts anywhere that tell you how to fix it. Everytime I run/move my character plate (Player 1) Stays in the same spot, and my character repeats moving over and over and always comes back to the Player 1 plate.

I know Bone editing is involved with PSA and BrawlBox, but how did you mange to fix it?

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Wow, great job on the project and good luck. I'm just wondering (This probably has been asked.) how did you manage to fix the running/moving animations for Klonoa?

You see, I'm working on some character projects, and there have been no posts anywhere that tell you how to fix it. Everytime I run/move my character plate (Player 1) Stays in the same spot, and my character repeats moving over and over and always comes back to the Player 1 plate.

I know Bone editing is involved with PSA and BrawlBox, but how did you mange to fix it?
In order to get your imported character moving you have to first open up brawlbox twice. Then you need have one brawlbox with your imported character's model and the other brawlbox with the original character that you are replacing. Now you need to look at the original character's bones. There should be a bone named TransN click on it and look to the right where it lists all of the bone's info. It should tell you what the bone index is, whatever it is just remember it for now. Now go to the other brawlbox with your imported character in it. Now right click the MDL0 and click preview. In this previewer you need to go through the bones and find a bone that does not do anything to the model. If you cannot find a bone that does not do anything you might have to use the bone adder and make a new bone, I don't reccommend doing that however because I have found that when bones are added with the bone adder that those bones are not detected by animations and don't work with animations. But it might work and you can tell me if it does. After you have found a bone that does not do anything to the character then close the previewer. Next look at the imported character's bones and click on the bone that you found that does not do anything. Take note of its bone index. Now use fortwaffles' bone editor and change the bone index of the bone that does not do anything to the bone index of the character you are replacing TransN bone. You aren't done yet though!! Make sure that after you change that that you also go to the bone that HAS the bone index you just changed for that bone that does not do anything. In other words lets say the TransN bone index of your original character was 6 and the bone index for your bone on your imported character that doesn't do anything is bone index 17. What you would do is go to the bone on your imported character and change its bone index to bone 6 and then go to the bone on your imported character that has the bone index of 6 and change it to 17. After that just change the bone that is set to be used for the character's TransN bone to be named TransN. Now for running and double jumping and walking you need to just have your imported character run in place and then move the TransN bone the way it is moved in the replaced character's animations. That should at least get your character moving. If there are any distortion problems with your character model after changing the bone indexes then please let me know because I had to deal with that too. Also if you did not know the TransN bone is the bone that the game uses to figure out where the character is moving to when running, walking and double jumping and if the bone is not set correctly and is not moving correctly in the animation then your character will have the snap-back glitch.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
We cannot release a beta until we are done with:
The final smash
the down special
the up special
the up smash
the down smash
the up tilt, forward tilt, and down tilt
all of Klonoa's air attacks
the grabbing and ledge grabs
and any other animations that we haven't done yet.

We are trying our best and we are sorry to make you people wait, but please be patient.
Well now I've got some new projects to do ^^ Thanks for the list shock. Expect several of those done soon.

snow-wolf

Smash Cadet
I wonder a few things about this project, and my questions are :

Will it work in PAL versions? I really hope it will becuase my wii is PAL

and

How will it be imported into the game when we can get the file?

HidanOmega

Smash Cadet
I wonder a few things about this project, and my questions are :

Will it work in PAL versions? I really hope it will becuase my wii is PAL

and

How will it be imported into the game when we can get the file?
It will be like any other PSA and texture hack combo so I don't see why it wouldn't, only thing I can see different is, some sounds that the character would normally make might not play in the PAL version.

snow-wolf

Smash Cadet
It will be like any other PSA and texture hack combo so I don't see why it wouldn't, only thing I can see different is, some sounds that the character would normally make might not play in the PAL version.
So you mean that the character will work in PAL versions but not every sound that he makes?

Fen__

Smash Ace
this is one of those "no ****" moments. is there really any part of you that would believe they would leave them in? stating the obvious isn't a way to contribute.
Also let me know if we should keep those effects that are left over from the PK starstorm or not. Not sure how to remove them but if we get enough people who don't want them we'll try our best to remove them.
This is one of those "I wish this guy would read the thread before throwing out insults" moments.

snow-wolf

Smash Cadet
Ive got an idea for an alternate costume, but its a bit advanced so I dont know if it could be done, but as I said, its just an idea. There was a person on a website known as Super-Klonoa, he made a Sonic styled Klonoa since Klonoa looks alike a Sonic character. The sonic styled Klonoa does wear gloves, shoes, his cap and his phantomile collar. He also made a super form for him, known as Super Klonoa, and is a yellow Klonoa, similar to Super Sonic, and does wear the same clothes as The Sonic styled Klonoa, sometime the Sonic styled Klonoa is called the unclothed Klonoa, since he only has gloves, shoes, his cap and his phantomile collar. If you like this idea, you can add it as an alternate costume. If its impossible to redesign the 3D model to be like this, just make a yellow Klonoa in his normal clothes.

Top Bottom