• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Project Klonoa::..Pretty much dead:::.....

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
This is one of those "I wish this guy would read the thread before throwing out insults" moments.
i apologize, i saw the picks and assumed they were testing the animation for his FS. its just a ridiculous idea that they would keep the gfx in when they've changed everything else.

snow-wolf

Smash Cadet
I bet removing the clothes would leave a gaping hole. That's what happens to pretty much every Brawl character.
I didnt really mean to just remove them, I meant to redesign the 3D model to make him into his Sonic styled self (Unclothed Klonoa)

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
I didnt really mean to just remove them, I meant to redesign the 3D model to make him into his Sonic styled self (Unclothed Klonoa)

One of the costumes for Klonoa in the Wiimake is his "Door to Phantomile" outfit. If that gets ported for this project, you could simply recolor that and possibly edit his ear fur and some aspects of his body fur to be a bit more spiky (basically, spiky ear tips and stylized bangs). It'd be rather close. Of course, you could also vertex and texture edit those pants to align them with the rest of his body to give the illusion of a naked body, but that's a bit harder.

snow-wolf

Smash Cadet
I know nothing about 3D editing, all I know and can do is texture editing. I dont even have a 3D model program.

HidanOmega

Smash Cadet
Sorry if updates have been slow, I've had a bit of computer problems that I'm sorting out so the PSA work has slowed but Frostymm is still making awesome animations for us. So, things are going a bit slower right now but were still making progress.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Can we get an idea for how many of the animations are done/how many are left?

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Okay well we still got a bit to go but going through the motion pac file, I counted about 80 animations already done. Hope that eases the wait for the godly essence that is KLONOA. ^^

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Not much going on here... Haven't seen a new post in a while... Guess it's to be expected with such slow progress. But progress none the less.

ds22

Smash Lord
I want to ask something here.
How did you guys exactly fix the grab glitch?
I know you edited the bone structure by moving bones around and I was wondering if this could also be done with other models.
It seems as one of the best fixes so far.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Is ANY progress being made after the last update? Because you guys aren't really discussing PSA here, and what you need to do next.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Sorry ^^' We've been a bit distracted lately. Although I do believe that Hidan has corrected the hit-boxes on all of Klonoa's aerials. And shock had been working on finding a way to change the sounds last time I checked. And after finals are done this week, I'll be back to work on animations and starting with the tilts.

Fen__

Smash Ace
The Lloyd team are in the process of placing a lot of sounds for Lloyd at the moment, so if he's still unsure of how to do it, he might could get some help from Zephron of their team.

Emeril127

Smash Cadet
Wow Klonoa really has made progress since I lost the internet for awhile, but i cant wait to start helping the team again! But I dont know what to work on....

Sonicdh6

Smash Rookie
Great Work and an idea for Klonoa's colors (Mainly 3 colors) should be these ex.

Color #1.Default

Color #2.Klonoa's clothing from Klonoa:Door to Phantomile

Color #3.Klonoa's clothing from the Wii remake of Klonoa:Door to Phantomile

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Come on. Shock44, have you made any progress? You haven't been active in this topic for a while.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know if the project's been abandoned? If it has, a beta would be nice.

MrLRG

Smash Rookie
Saw this thread and it finally drove me to make an account here. Lol.
Anyways, Klonoa was and still is one of my (if not my) favorite game. Cant wait till this is released. Spent endless hours playing that game...
If you need any ideas, I'd love to help.

MrLRG

Smash Rookie
do you expect them to update every few seconds? >_<
Patience is a virtue, and if you read ahead a week ago, you'll find IT ISNT DEAD.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
I'm not entirely sure why shock hasn't posted in a while but if you guys really want an update, I've finished with all of the tilts now I do believe and am going to work on the damage animations next. As I said, working VERY SLOWLY. Sorry guys ^^' I'm a bit of a procrastinator.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Nice to have an update. Is shock44 still working on it, then? Also, what about StarWaffle? He posted that he was going to be gone for about a month for school work a while ago, but I think it's probably been a bit longer than that.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Nice to have an update. Is shock44 still working on it, then? Also, what about StarWaffle? He posted that he was going to be gone for about a month for school work a while ago, but I think it's probably been a bit longer than that.
Well I know that shocks still here, I talk to him every time I finish an animation. I haven't heard anything from or about StarWaffle in a long time. But HidanOmega is the one doing PSA, last time I checked, he had fixed all of my air animations so the hitboxes were in the correct places. That's all I really know at the moment. I think he may have finished fixing the tilts but I haven't bothered to ask recently.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
My computer is in the shop, it should be back soon now its been like 4 weeks >_>

Top Bottom