• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Project Klonoa::..Pretty much dead:::.....

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Ness, why? Because Lucas and ness pretty much have the same projectiles.
Ness can't be used because his TransN bone index is 4, and the important bones that can't be messed with for Klonoa have bone indexes of 2,3 and 4. So the TransN bone can be anything that is higher than 4.

Edit: So are we all okay with replacing Mario?

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Replacing Mario would be good, I just hope that Pw finishes up the clone engine/research on .rels soon so we can put him over any character, instead of just mario.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You're changing characters AGAIN? DX

Oh **** it, As long as it doesn't replace Sonic or Falcon then I don't give a ****.

Aye! XD *raises hand in agreement with replacing Mario*

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Alright then, I'll start fixing Klonoa to work on Mario and we can start work again.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Awww man =/ Mario is one of my favorites. I was hoping you wouldn't have to replace any from the original Smash bros. but I guess it can't be helped. Is there any way you could make one for Luigi and Mario? So We could have the option? I guess I can deal with Mario being replaced for now though T.T All for the sake of having Klonoa... Good luck T.T

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
Awww man =/ Mario is one of my favorites. I was hoping you wouldn't have to replace any from the original Smash bros. but I guess it can't be helped. Is there any way you could make one for Luigi and Mario? So We could have the option? I guess I can deal with Mario being replaced for now though T.T All for the sake of having Klonoa... Good luck T.T
No worries the full clone engine will be out sooner or later.

Salezander

Smash Rookie
Well we are in need of someone with a tether recovery (not upB but Z) and at least 2 projectiles. so that leaves us with who, Lucas Samus TLink Link.
Wait i thought you needed a tether recovery, and also Tlink might be good if the bones work.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
no one with a tether recocery had the right bone index ;-; no zair/tether recovery for klonoa :[

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Will he still have a ranged grab? Maybe he could still be like Olimar, no Zair but a tether special or something.

Best of luck with the switch.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
yeah range grab will still be fine, i just wanted him to have a zair and zair recovery

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
i just got my full tails brawl model to work on olimar. but he stretches when he stands still. If you did fix it could i have the fix lol?That and i need to get rid of everything olimar im trying to just get sonics animations fully over olimar.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Why would Klonoa need a tether? I mean, that's a big character weakness there. I would know, I main Olimar. Especially since Klonoa's main element is wind, I would think he would be able to like blast wind underneath his ears like in his double jump from the game to get up higher (Without the enemy needed though.). It'd be cool to have a Zair tether but if not, I most certainly wouldn't try to give him a tether special =/

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Well I'm sure he can keep the ability to fly. A zair might've been ideal but oh well. Maybe PSA can do something about it at some point, or a better way to change bone indexes around later.

janfeae

Smash Apprentice
I hope this gets continued soon. I really want a completed model hack, and I want this to be the first one; and I don't know the first thing about klonoa lol

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
shock has been testing a whole bunch of characters, weve had some good ones but they also caused new problems. We are still searching

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
"We"? You mean you're not "on strike" anymore? XD

Hope things go well for you guys then. :3

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Last one he told me he was trying was Yoshi. If you say he hasn't found the right character yet then I'm guessing that one didn't work out as planned. ^^' Poor Shock.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
it looks like his transN bone is too far down.... but i'm not familiar with character bone structures, so i'm probably off.

HidanOmega

Smash Cadet
Chibo had a similar problem with Waluigi once I think. You might be able to get something out of his topic. I found this in the first few pages.

Just for some background on how I got it to work and not stick in the ground...

The TransN bone is what controls movement. The index for TransN on Red Alloy is 5 iirc and it's 4 on Waluigi (might be 4 and 3, either way, they're one apart from each other). When dealing with the motion, the movement for the model is referrenced to the bone index, not the bone name (good job Nintendo). So originally the movement for running was still on TransN bone on Waluigi, but it had to be on one index higher which is XRotN. I took the Z displacement change that was on TransN and moved it to XRotN and then it worked (this was the fix in v.02) so then I had to fix the height. The height of the model was stored in originally YRotN, though of course Red Alloy's YRotN had an index of one higher than Waluigi's YRotN so I had to move the Y displacement of Waluigi's YRotN to the next bone (can't remember the name off the top of my head).

This all together fixed Running perfectly, but when I do it for walking, yea it puts him above ground and moves, but for some reason his walking and momentum goes into overdrive. It makes no sense at all. iirc when I fixed just WalkSlow (testing that before fixing WalkMiddle and WalkFast) WalkSlow worked fine (which is when I posted here I think I found the work around) which means there's a glitch in WalkMiddle or WalkFast most likely. I still don't get it though.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
I took the Z displacement change that was on TransN and moved it to XRotN and then it worked (this was the fix in v.02) so then I had to fix the height. The height of the model was stored in originally YRotN, though of course Red Alloy's YRotN had an index of one higher than Waluigi's YRotN so I had to move the Y displacement of Waluigi's YRotN to the next bone (can't remember the name off the top of my head).
The thing is though, was did he adjust the animation for running or the T pose? I'm guessing the T pose since he was trying to fix the walking too. I'll give this a try but I'm not so sure about this. I'll let you know what happens.

HidanOmega

Smash Cadet
The thing is though, was did he adjust the animation for running or the T pose? I'm guessing the T pose since he was trying to fix the walking too. I'll give this a try but I'm not so sure about this. I'll let you know what happens.
I'm not sure. I thought Waluigi had a problem with sinking into the ground so I mentioned it. I figured if it was anything useful you might be able to do something similar but, maybe not. Just figured i'd try to find something that might be relevent if anything at all.

Salezander

Smash Rookie
So is Yoshi out or is it going well.... or what? Also i thought about it, and would sheik work? I mean its probably a stupid idea because of the lack of projectiles but she does have the sideB in the air as a tether recovery, but then there's the Zelda thing so.... Maybe? Or is it impossible?

HidanOmega

Smash Cadet
So is Yoshi out or is it going well.... or what? Also i thought about it, and would sheik work? I mean its probably a stupid idea because of the lack of projectiles but she does have the sideB in the air as a tether recovery, but then there's the Zelda thing so.... Maybe? Or is it impossible?
From what I heard, all the characters that have tether recoveries don't have the right bone index.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman

Matteron

Smash Ace
I have a theory for resolving the snap back glitch. I think that the game tracks the number of frames the animations for running and walking go through, and when a certain number of frames is reached the game will repeat the animation, but if the animation has fewer or less frames it will either:
If too much: Will snap back, but continue the animation where it left off as shown in the video
If too little: Will not move at all.
So try to mess around with the animations frame count and make it the same as lucas's

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
I have a theory for resolving the snap back glitch. I think that the game tracks the number of frames the animations for running and walking go through, and when a certain number of frames is reached the game will repeat the animation, but if the animation has fewer or less frames it will either:
If too much: Will snap back, but continue the animation where it left off as shown in the video
So try to mess around with the animations frame count and make it the same as lucas's
Omfg...... Did you jsut read my mind? scary as hell.
lol well now that matteron just stated what i was thinking no need for me to tinker with it you should knwo what i was gonan do lol.

also did ou test klonoa for any item freezes grab glitches etc?

shock44

Smash Journeyman
I'll try making his frames the same length and tell you what happens.

Omfg...... Did you jsut read my mind? scary as hell.
lol well now that matteron just stated what i was thinking no need for me to tinker with it you should knwo what i was gonan do lol.

also did ou test klonoa for any item freezes grab glitches etc?
I think I've tried having him pick up an item before and it didn't freeze the game. As for the grabbing glitch I've already fixed that with setting his ThrowN and HipN correctly. He can throw people and people can throw him. I just need to fix the ledge grab glitch.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
maybe part of his body teleports beyond the boundary.
Hey heres another point out from the video, it looks as if the bone staying still when klonoa runs is verticle, it should be straight across with one or two bones connecting to it allowing him to run, that makes him not teleport.

Also i think leafberret is having the same problem with her gardevoir, i dont know if she fixed the grab ledge and hang, but i think she fixed the grab and not die.

Top Bottom