• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Project Klonoa::..Pretty much dead:::.....

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
Our Tails model has the same run glitch :( were looking for a solution, also a solution for our model to show up :( and only his tails show, we managed to fix its texture, if i find a solution for the running glitch ill inform you.

ds22

Smash Lord
Our Tails model has the same run glitch :( were looking for a solution, also a solution for our model to show up :( and only his tails show, we managed to fix its texture, if i find a solution for the running glitch ill inform you.
You mean with running glitch that he doesn't move at all or that he does move, but loops in the progress?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
okay I added the gifs to the op

shock is going to make a new video with our current glitches eventualy

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
Cool beans. So have any ideas for Klonoa's Final Smash been tossed around?
If im right i think his fs is his ears get really big and then smash them and makes them go flying theres an animation in these post somewhere
okay I added the gifs to the op

shock is going to make a new video with our current glitches eventualy

YEAH! video

Attack11
Attack12
UTilt
Fsmash

and my favorite

SquatWait

Thats pretty much all the interesting ones so far.
Ahah there they are sneaky lil animations.

HidanOmega

Smash Cadet
I found it funny how you have him use his ears for his forward smash when, in the manga he actually worked out, lifting weights and doing push ups with his ears to make them stronger.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
oh thats a forward smash not a final smash, well here is a good fs idea, he gets a smash ball uses and he whirlwinds around hitting people with his ears as all hell breaks loose :)

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
He runs but he stays in one spot its like he is running threw a portal or something lmao.
*rants gibberish* x_x; Did nobody see Kryal's topic on this?
What is the bone index of Lucas's TransN bone? Find that, look at whatever bone has that same index for Klonoa, and that will be the TransN you have to use!

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
*rants gibberish* x_x; Did nobody see Kryal's topic on this?
What is the bone index of Lucas's TransN bone? Find that, look at whatever bone has that same index for Klonoa, and that will be the TransN you have to use!
We already have a our TransN bone on the same index as Lucas's

He dosnt run in one spot. He Dosn't telport back to his orginal spot.

He moves, just not very nicely, at the start of his run he goes super fast and then slows down for the rest of the animation. Same with his walkslow/fast/middle.

All of his running/walking animation frames count match up to lucas' excatly, so its not like our animation is too long and its speeds up the first half to be done on time.

Idk we are just having a weird running glitch ;-;

leafbarrett

Smash Lord

He moves, just not very nicely, at the start of his run he goes super fast and then slows down for the rest of the animation. Same with his walkslow/fast/middle.

All of his running/walking animation frames count match up to lucas' excatly, so its not like our animation is too long and its speeds up the first half to be done on time.

Ah. It does tha twhen you mess with a movement animation. Hardcode each frame (hit copy then paste on each frame to make each frame a keyframe for the TransN bone, forcing the game to follow the right speed (sorta)). You'll need to tweak the speed in PSA too, I think.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Ah. It does tha twhen you mess with a movement animation. Hardcode each frame (hit copy then paste on each frame to make each frame a keyframe for the TransN bone, forcing the game to follow the right speed (sorta)). You'll need to tweak the speed in PSA too, I think.
alright sweet i'll try this asap

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I made each fram a key frame, he still stretches to the center of the screen and runs funny o.o

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys here is a video showing our current progress and our current big problem. If anyone can help with the problem PLEASE let us know.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcjmva_brawl-hacking-problem-with-klonoa-2_videogames
Woah. And I keep complaining about my problems... Amy is 100% playable as long as she is not grabbed.

But I still do have the dissappearing texture though.

I made each fram a key frame, he still stretches to the center of the screen and runs funny o.o
Have you tried injecting his model over another lucas fresh and trying again? You didn't mess with his 0/0 animation frames, right?

It won't be perfect- it will still be very slightly jerky- but it will be a hell of a lot better.
I Don't think this is gonna work.

Daviziu

Smash Rookie

[...]
Just a little question:

What bones are necessary? :confused:
Have you already tried animating these necessary bones on Klonoa AND Lucas to compare them??

Edit: two questions :D

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Klonoa is a god and I wish I could help T.T Teach me O' great ones.... I want him as a playable character too.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
random suggestion time! have you tried giving him a TransN and a HipN bone? the TransN is mainly for proper movement, and the HipN bone is mainly for fixing the grab glitch, but it couldnt hurt to try. the bones must be in the same index as Lucas's, as in rename the bones in Klonoa's bone index at 2 to TransN, and 5 to HipN. it might help. like i said, just a random suggestion.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
random suggestion time! have you tried giving him a TransN and a HipN bone? the TransN is mainly for proper movement, and the HipN bone is mainly for fixing the grab glitch, but it couldnt hurt to try. the bones must be in the same index as Lucas's, as in rename the bones in Klonoa's bone index at 2 to TransN, and 5 to HipN. it might help. like i said, just a random suggestion.
That was already done. He can throw someone fine now. His run is just really weird and he keeps stretching to the middle of the stage every first frame. I'm changing a few things to narrow down which bone is making him stretch. I've learned that his running is still messed up even when the stretch glitch is taken out, this is when I tried not indexing the HipN bone to the right index. He doesn't stretch but his running is still glitchy and weird moving. HipN is the only bone I had not indexed right, and I bet if I index HipN right that it will make him start stretching again. I'll see, anybody got any more suggestions?

HidanOmega

Smash Cadet
It probably has nothing to do with where the bones are place in the animations, right? Is there anything in the FitLucas.pac file that can be conflicting? I know i'm probably off by a long shot due to the fact I don't have any experience with model importing and i'm not too great with the bone structures but, just trying to throw out ideas.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
It has nothing to do with the FitLucas.pac i deleted that one and it still happend.

He never used to do this, WE made him all stretchy and stuff.

are the .pcs and .oac files the same? maybe they are different and one is telling it to go to the middle but the other is telling it to move?

Menergy125

Smash Cadet
i think here would be the right place to ask this. does anyone know where the textures are found on the klonoa iso (mainly stage textures)? i know some models already come with textures, but not all of the textures. most of the models i saw didn't have any textures attached. are they compressed somewhere? if so where and how would i go about extracting them? one more thing if it's not too much to ask. where can i find more stage models such as platforms, backgrounds and stuff? this would be a big help for me.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
i think here would be the right place to ask this. does anyone know where the textures are found on the klonoa iso (mainly stage textures)? i know some models already come with textures, but not all of the textures. most of the models i saw didn't have any textures attached. are they compressed somewhere? if so where and how would i go about extracting them? one more thing if it's not too much to ask. where can i find more stage models such as platforms, backgrounds and stuff? this would be a big help for me.
I haven't tried looking for the stages in Klonoa's iso. I saw one once but not very many. They're probably in a certain folder. And the textures I'm gonna guess that they might be in that textures.bin folder that is in the character folder. Maybe look around in some .bin files for TEX0 strings with a hex editor. Once you find the TEX0 just delete everything before it, save it and open it in brawlbox. Though I don't think the stages would be in the character folder so you should look around in different folders.

It has nothing to do with the FitLucas.pac i deleted that one and it still happend.

He never used to do this, WE made him all stretchy and stuff.

are the .pcs and .oac files the same? maybe they are different and one is telling it to go to the middle but the other is telling it to move?
No, the pac and pcs are always exactly the same, I make sure of that every time I do a test. I'm still trying to fix the stretch glitch it has to do with certain bones not liking to be at certain indexes. I think I'll try out fortwaffles bone tinkering program to see if it works better than just hexing.

Menergy125

Smash Cadet
I haven't tried looking for the stages in Klonoa's iso. I saw one once but not very many. They're probably in a certain folder. And the textures I'm gonna guess that they might be in that textures.bin folder that is in the character folder. Maybe look around in some .bin files for TEX0 strings with a hex editor. Once you find the TEX0 just delete everything before it, save it and open it in brawlbox. Though I don't think the stages would be in the character folder so you should look around in different folders.
ok. thanks for the tip. i'll look into that soon.

EDIT: unfortunately, i get a error message saying
"System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException" Pointer startIndex and length do not refer to a valid string." when i try to open it with brawlbox after doing what you mentioned. otherwise, it's just a "unable to recognize input file" without the hexing, despite trying to rename the file to a format compatible to brawlbox. maybe there's some other way. sorry if this is a little off-topic with the thread.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
ok. thanks for the tip. i'll look into that soon.

EDIT: unfortunately, i get a error message saying
"System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException" Pointer startIndex and length do not refer to a valid string." when i try to open it with brawlbox after doing what you mentioned. otherwise, it's just a "unable to recognize input file" without the hexing, despite trying to rename the file to a format compatible to brawlbox. maybe there's some other way. sorry if this is a little off-topic with the thread.
Did you use a hex editor program and look for the TEX0 string?

Menergy125

Smash Cadet
Did you use a hex editor program and look for the TEX0 string?
yeah. i searched for tex0 in the .bin file with ctrl+f, it highlighted about 4 hex values. i deleted everything before them. that's how i got that error. i'm not very skilled at hexing.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
whats this about a strike, now?

seriously, though, i know the teleport glitch is a big deal. hope you guys get it figured out quickly so we can see a beta release of this thing.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to help if there's any way =/ I wanna see this thing released too.

Top Bottom