• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

DR.DINO

Smash Cadet
but thts just not his kind of move shadow mario's moveset has alot to do with his paint brush but then again i dont kno if there gonna make the paint brush on bowser jr

DR.DINO

Smash Cadet
true they havent said anything since snoopy fixed some things on the shadow mario

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
Guys. The "OFFICIAL" Paintbrush is not the vertexxed homerun bat. If you look back like on page 20-28 you will see the official paintbrush. Its a model

DR.DINO

Smash Cadet
yea but snoopy got it a diffrent model for the bowser jr and in the picture of bj he put it dint show a paintbrush

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
Dino. Let me explain this to you. The original model they were using was the M&SATOWG BJ Model. And Snoopy just got the NSMBW Bowser Jr but then the new BJ model didnt have enough bones to go over Zelda and Snoopy Ported BJ to Sheik and SM to Zelda. Thats why it doesnt have alot on it.

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
We'll we are trying to think of what we are doing but we are probably going to make shadow mario use the paint brush and maybe have bowser jr. use it a little bit. The clown car will probably be his up b and by clown car i mean koopa copter. We want bowser jr. to not be a clone of bowser so we are going to try and give him different moves. We might base some on bowser but not all of them. The final smash could probably be something involving the paint brush because both of them have been seen using it.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
neither of them had 'the' paintbrush... and neither of the BJ's had much of anything done...

and don't worry that nothing has been said in almost two days, it doesn't mean that nothing's going on. this project was stagnant for months, so i don't think a few days of not hearing anything will hurt. besides, now that we have a team that has time to make the animations and such, this project might finally start going again. or i at least hope so, i've put a lot of time into it at this point.

and about the whole final smash thing, Zelda and Sheik have separate final smashes, because they have separate FitCharacterFinal.pac files. therefore, we can give BJ and SM way different final smashes.
and when i said lets discuss the moveset, i meant more than just the final smash...
i have no idea about the paintbrush, and what's going on with it. we could always ask someone to re-vertex it, since it was done before the new methods of vertexing came out.

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
(I might sound wise after saying this) Correction- The brush belongs to E Gadd. And yea he uses it as his power in Power Tennis. And i read awhile back on Page 25 i think on this thread that RandomTBush converted an excelent paintbrush model from Power Tennis.

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
(I might sound wise after saying this) Correction- The brush belongs to E Gadd. And yea he uses it as his power in Power Tennis. And i read awhile back on Page 25 i think on this thread that RandomTBush converted an excelent paintbrush model from Power Tennis.
Well it was E Gadds but just read this http://www.mariowiki.com/Magic_Paintbrush

That shows that it's bowser jr.s

What I was thinking for moves so far is b being a fireball

down b transform

up b clown car

side b could possibly involve the paint brush but I don't know yet

DR.DINO

Smash Cadet
bowser jr used the paint brush in super mario sunshine but the movset that camonsters talking about sounds awesome i didnt really think of the koopa copter being the up b but what will b bowser jr's final smash????

dpgthirteen

Smash Apprentice
how could the koopa copter be his up b the animation would be weird wouldn't it? i was thinking of either him using the brush as a jet pack or maybe like ivysaur where he shoots goop like a rope and pulls himself up

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Or maybe he could use a move similar to Bowser's Up-B, considering he's his son, so there would be some similarities in their fighting styles. You could make it give different kinds of damage and knockback too, like the difference between Fox, Falco and Wolf's Up-Bs.

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
Well it looks like im still doing recolors for Bowser Jr. I completely forgot about it until Thewill replyed to a message i sent him in September. Im starting them right now.

EDIT: I'll post updates about my progress.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Well it looks like im still doing recolors for Bowser Jr. I completely forgot about it until Thewill replyed to a message i sent him in September. Im starting them right now.

EDIT: I'll post updates about my progress.
Awesome, I look forward to seeing your recolors, dude. :)

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
Finally. After an hour of screwing around with Photoshop I finally finished the first recolor. I call it Pale Bowser Jr or Dry Bowser Jr.
Check it out....
Dry Bowser Jr!

Some of you might be saying "OMG YOU LIAR YOU JUST COPIED INTREPIDS DRY BJ RECOLOR!!!!" Well guess what. I didn't. I figured it would be a good idea to remake Intrepids original first BJ recolor. I just recently upgraded from Photoshop CS2 to CS5 so I had to mess around with the new features to make this. But I did it. So heres an update I promised and I plan to do the next one soon.

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr Recolors!
Well I don't know how I finished early (REALLY I DONT KNOW) but somehow I compelled myself to make these lol. I made them to match Bowser so.......why dont I just SHOW you the comparison of the textures.......
1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

Well how about that? Almost a good match. If you want me to change anything then just tell me. Just figured I would throw these down.

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
I made some a little while back. Go to Page 57. I Dont know if I have to remake Shadow Mario's recolors. Thewill, SonicBrawler, Or Snoopy has to tell me.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
funny you should mention SM recolors, because i happened to make a few. no offense NSM, but the ones you made were just a bit plain. i took my own suggestion and did some to reflect the paint from SMS.

and don't mind the eyes, i didn't do those ones yet. i'll show comparison pics from SMS to the costumes i did. and i'm not too good with photoshop, so it's okay if you call them terrible. i personally like the first two better than the last two anyways.

first, the fire goop SM.

second, the electric goop SM.

third, the chocolate/mud goop SM.

last, the black goop SM.

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
Oh Snoopy. You were talking about....wait....the ones I made before were plain. I made the old SM recolors because it was just something I wanted to throw down. But nice work. But on the last one you should make it a little greenish. And add some orange to the first one.

DR.DINO

Smash Cadet
ok sounds great but is he going 2 have some sounds from new super mario bros wii?? and shadow mario would have the sounds from super mario sunshine

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
NSM, i'm not saying that they were bad, but just a bit simple and plain. and which last one? the 5th recolor? i was just going to include Intrepid's green SM recolor. or we could mix and match between the ones i did and the ones you did.

actually, that would be a good idea, we could put yours and mine in and just let the people decide. and i probably should try to make the orange a bit more pronounced in the first one. i tried to keep it a bit transparent so the patterns underneath would still show through. i'll tweak it a bit.

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
Your Black and White Recolor. In the goo in SMS there is a greenish tint.

Well the voting idea is pretty good. I like it. When I finish my recolors for shadow mario I will post them on here.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I don't think your recolors are plain. Textures look real hard to do, and I like how you matched BJ's to his dad's.

And Snoopy, those are awesome recolors. But I agree with NSM, you need more orange on the Fire Goo recolor.

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
TCR Snoopy wasnt talking about my BJ recolors. he was talking about my OLD SM recolors. Im currently working on some new ones to compete with snoopy. Though mine arent going to be the goop (You will see what i mean later) And the files I got SM doesnt work. When I try to transform from BJ i get the deadly beeeeeeeeeeeep.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
NSM, it freezes when you try to transform? do you have both the .pac and .pcs files for BJ and SM?

oh, and i see what you mean. yeah, i should try to get that third color in so it's not just black and white. it might actually look better then (to me, at least). maybe a third color could help the brown one as well.

and yes, i was talking about the SM recolors from a while ago. the BJ ones look great.

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
Thank you. The BJ textures took awhile to make. As for SM, You can just do SM's recolors. I'll stick to BJ. And yes i have the .Pac and .Pcs files. Also Im trying to get the mustache on BJs mask. And wait....Koopzilla....huh? What are you talking about "Oh give me the files and i would love to make Dry BJ" I already made Dry Bj. Its one of my recolors.

Top Bottom