• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
I have a good idea for a final smash for BJ. Since you guys are using the NSMBW model you should have BJ ride around in his Koopa clown car and be able to control him. Kind of like Yoshi's final smash.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
that's a pretty good idea, except i don't have the clown car model.

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
Oh, Lol. It was just that I was playing NSMBW and I forgot about the BJ Clown Car battle and I thought It looked pretty good for a final smash.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
okay, so i'm almost done with porting, but before i start sending files, i want to fix a few more things. they both have working shields, they can both hold items, SM has most all of Mario's animations, but i ran into something with BJ....

he's pretty big and rather shiny. size can be fixed through animations (BJ has no animations right now, which is why he's faced the way he is), and i think i can get rid of the shine. a question though, about how big should he be? right now he's about Bowser's size.

oh, and another question. BJ has 2 bibs, one over his mouth and one around his neck. i think i can choose which one shows up, but i think that both would appear when he has a smash ball. so the question is, which one should i keep, and which one should be hexed out? i'm for the one around the neck, that way the animations will actually show his mouth.

once i fix the last few issues, i'll send the files and start animating BJ.

and a pic just for laughs

RAWR!

Edit: yeah, i'll have to hex one of the bibs out. both show when BJ has a smash ball. so which one should i get rid of? the one around the mouth or the one around the neck?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
The one over the mouth should go for sure. If only you could keep it and have it only appear while he's transforming into Shadow Mario.

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
all nsmbw models have a shiny texture. you can even see it in nsmbw if you look close. You can fix it.

EDIT: scale it to 0.25

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
okay. i think he should be a little bigger than kirby, and i think 1 costume should have the bib over his mouth, and 1 costume can have the bib around his neck. as for the porting, it sounds awsome! keep up the good work snoopy! so yes, once you are finished, sne dme the files ^^

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
hmm, interesting idea, have one costume set with the bib over the mouth and one set around the neck. i like it! so that's what i'll do.

for scaling, a little bigger than Kirby, got it.

and Dr Dino, for now we're worrying about getting to the point that a PSA is needed. we need animations to go with the PSA, otherwise the PSA is basically useless.

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
hmm, interesting idea, have one costume set with the bib over the mouth and one set around the neck. i like it! so that's what i'll do.

for scaling, a little bigger than Kirby, got it.

and Dr Dino, for now we're worrying about getting to the point that a PSA is needed. we need animations to go with the PSA, otherwise the PSA is basically useless.
u think both my ideas are good!? awesome!

and ya, i will be working on the psa with thewill. so dont worry about that

DR.DINO

Smash Cadet
man this already sounds awseome good ideas this is gonna b 1 of the best hacks eva

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
okay, opinion time! size good or not?

BJ's at .5 scale in the pics. i started at .4, but then he was a bit smaller that Kirby. and i remembered how to fix the shine issue. it's still there, but the texture it used is way brighter. and i made a quick wait animation to display the size.

so is the size good or not?

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
That looks so epic! I agree with whoever said the "Looks at them like theyre food" thing lol! Those pictures deserve 5/5 awsome faces :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
TheWill, i just did it through resizing the animation. usually, all you have to do is pick one bone that will affect the entire model (like the X/YRotN or HipN) and then set the scale to what you want. it may take some trial and error, though. and i say usually because BJ's model was doing some weird things, like certain parts of the model not scaling down in game.

but since it looks like many people approve, i'll finish the last few changes i need to do and send the files, and then start animating BJ. and like i said, it was only a quick animation. maybe i'll leave it as Wait2, 3, or 4.

Thewill

Smash Apprentice
TheWill, i just did it through resizing the animation. usually, all you have to do is pick one bone that will affect the entire model (like the X/YRotN or HipN) and then set the scale to what you want. it may take some trial and error, though. and i say usually because BJ's model was doing some weird things, like certain parts of the model not scaling down in game.

but since it looks like many people approve, i'll finish the last few changes i need to do and send the files, and then start animating BJ. and like i said, it was only a quick animation. maybe i'll leave it as Wait2, 3, or 4.
Alrighty then, can you send me the files in the meantime?

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
okay, i think i'm done with the last few adjustments i wanted to make. but i have some good news and bad news.

bad news is that i'm not sure if i can hex out the bib that's around BJ's neck. i tried a few times and it kept screwing up the game. i don't think it's that big of a deal, seeing as i'd rather be able to use the mouth in some animations and actually have it seen. the choice would be nice, but i'm not sure if it can be done.

the good news is this...

i finished fixing up SM's model, including getting rid of the black in his eyes. i hexed out his full hair model (the one that you only see during one of Mario's taunts, the one where he takes his hat off), but i tried to get his final smash eyes to show up, but i couldn't. not that big of a deal, though. the point is that SM looks like he should.

so who all was i supposed to send this to? i know to send them to TheWill, but i can't send him a pm for some reason, but who else was there? and i'm going to slap anyone that just randomly says to send them the files. you lurkers will get a download... eventually.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
oh, you're doing BJ's animations? i thought i was? oh well, maybe we can split the load. i'll send you them now.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
okay, so, i've sent the files to TheWill, SonicTheHedgehog02, and Camonsters. anyone else?

and it has recently come to my attention that we have no moveset for either BJ or SM. we should start figuring them out so we know what we're doing, and can start animating accordingly.

DR.DINO

Smash Cadet
shadow mario should use goop like he did in super mario sunshine. bowser jr should have his side b like squirtles. his up b should be the flip he did when u first see him in super mario sunshine. his regular b should use maybye a fire ball like in nsmbw or a paint brush wack thing. shadow mario jump should be him spining with his paint brush in the air his regular b should be that he use a goop ball. his side b can be like a paintbrush wack.

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
When they transform BJ should draw a circle of paint on the ground and form into SM and same with SM but blue.

DR.DINO

Smash Cadet
bowser jr final smash should be his koopa copter and shadow mario's final smash should be he draws a big M in the middle of the screen and blows it up and whoever is stuck in the giant M is a instant K.O

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
bowser jr final smash should be his koopa copter and shadow mario's final smash should be he draws a big M in the middle of the screen and blows it up and whoever is stuck in the giant M is a instant K.O
Good Idea but can SM and BJ have seperate final smash's? Zelda and Sheik dont nor Pokemon Trainer.

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
They are different? I didn't really notice a difference. Maybe they can have seperate final smashes because they are 2 different .pacs and 2 different models. and different animations.

EDIT: Samus and Zero Suit Samus have different Final Smashes. so it is possible.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
They are different? I didn't really notice a difference. Maybe they can have seperate final smashes because they are 2 different .pacs and 2 different models. and different animations.

EDIT: Samus and Zero Suit Samus have different Final Smashes. so it is possible.
They deal different kinds of knockback.

Top Bottom