• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

Koopzilla

Smash Rookie
And wait....Koopzilla....huh? What are you talking about "Oh give me the files and i would love to make Dry BJ" I already made Dry Bj. Its one of my recolors.
Oh sorry, SonicTheHedgehog02 said the guy who made the StarWaffle Vertex Bowser Jr. vertex could do the Dry BJ, and thats me, sorry about that.

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
You can post this project on my website called smashbrothersworkshop.co.cc
Sorry Im advertising.

EDIT: I just finished Bowser Jr's Mustached Mask. I'll post a pic of it in-game soon.

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
The problem is that the link loads whoever clicks on its profile so if you don't have ann account it says they dont exist.

I got bored while animating and decided to attempt to make some hd textures. Bowser Jr's legs are like pikachu's body. Its stretched so much. I tried to work around it so it only looks like wrinkles or something.

I made a regular bowser and attempted to make a dry bowser jr.

The reason he has a skull is because I thought it looked good with it. I can always change it back if people don't like it. I'm still not done with it either since im still working on it.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Why bother making recolors when the project isn't even done yet? I swear, half of the progress that's been made is recolors. Recolors mean NOTHING if your character isn't even playable. If you've made significant progress I'm sorry, but last I checked he didn't even have half his animations, and that should come before recolors.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Why bother making recolors when the project isn't even done yet? I swear, half of the progress that's been made is recolors. Recolors mean NOTHING if your character isn't even playable. If you've made significant progress I'm sorry, but last I checked he didn't even have half his animations, and that should come before recolors.
Agreed. D:

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
that's because there's roughly 300 separate animations per character, most of which take at least an hour to do one (if you want it to look good). re-colors take about 30 minutes to do, depending on how good you are with photoshop, and you can immediately show it off when done. that, and there's too many people that profess to be good at texturing and very few that say they're good at animating.

and speaking of animations, Camonsters, i can't animate for now. i've been getting a ton of school projects this last week, and i have a few exams next week. i won't have time until the christmas break to do anything. i'd rather tell you now than have you expecting something of me that i haven't done. i'm sure you'll do good though.

and JediKnightTemplar, i do agree that most projects do the easy things first (recolors, CSP's, all the stuff you can do in photoshop), but that's because many hackers are lazy and want to do the easy stuff first. i too get a bit annoyed when a project starts out by showing a character with the recolors and CSP's done, but they only have one or two animations done. but it takes a lot of time and effort to make a full new character, and since many projects are one person working on them, it'll take forever to do, if it ever gets done.

sorry for the random rant, but i know the behind the scenes work of making a character, and having people just walk up and say 'is it done yet?' or 'why is there no progress?' or 'this project is dead'. just because we don't show every bit of everything we do doesn't mean that we're not working on it.
long post is long. i'm going to go eat now.

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
Animations are being made and we are getting more animators slowly buth I was just wondering what people though of my textures. I'm not making simple recolours. I'm attempting to make bowser jr. fit into brawl more. The picture of bowser jr.s regular texture doesn't show off as much but it looks the same detail as the dry version. So really all I want to know is should I keep the bandana like that or should I make it his normal version for the dry costume.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Would I be able to make textures for BJ that fit into Brawl's style? The current texture is a little too cel-shaded.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
If you guys check the Brawlbox Modset thread I think animating some time today animating will become a hell of a lot easier. Once it's released I think I might try my hand at animating and if all goes well I might start animating for this project.

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
If you guys check the Brawlbox Modset thread I think animating some time today animating will become a hell of a lot easier. Once it's released I think I might try my hand at animating and if all goes well I might start animating for this project.
I saw it and I've been using the demo. It makes it much easier but it can sometimes go wonky but that can be fixed if you edit with numbers. Hopefully bero can put it back into v63 since v64 can't load bowser jr's model when its in the fitsheik00 so i've been using the original model I have which luckily works.

DR.DINO

Smash Cadet
when bowser jr wins he should flip like he does when he goes back in his mecha bowser and when he makes a homerun in super mario sluggers

Thewill

Smash Apprentice
The problem is that the link loads whoever clicks on its profile so if you don't have ann account it says they dont exist.

I got bored while animating and decided to attempt to make some hd textures. Bowser Jr's legs are like pikachu's body. Its stretched so much. I tried to work around it so it only looks like wrinkles or something.

I made a regular bowser and attempted to make a dry bowser jr.

The reason he has a skull is because I thought it looked good with it. I can always change it back if people don't like it. I'm still not done with it either since im still working on it.
Nice recolour Cam.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
PSA editing doesn't seem that hard from what I've tried. It's just that they haven't fully reverse-engineered everything yet. Then again, I'm a CompSci student so anything coding related isn't unusual to me.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
PSA isn't too hard. if you do all the fancy graphics and stuff, then it just takes more time. certain things are hard to do, but overall, PSA isn't hard, just time consuming. if we can't find someone to do the PSA, i could do it. the project is nowhere near ready for it, and i don't know how much time i'd have then, but the option is there.

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
we already have all the animations from nsmbw for bowser jr. were done with waits already. For now until everything is decided we needs some movement animations like walking done.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
it depends on what animations are present in the game. if i remember correctly, there isn't walking/running animations for BJ in NSMBWii. there are a few that could be used, but i'm a fan of custom animations. besides, most of the animations that BJ have in that game are usually about 20 frames long, and there's only a few that we could use.

Top Bottom