• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~PROD TOURNEY THE 3RD! GET READY BISHES! 3/22 Santa Clara, CA~

pockyD

Smash Legend
what's actually wrong with it? i don't think the bombs are any more meddlesome than green greens, and they're only marginally more annoying than halberd

jmic

Smash Ace
I might come. It's a long drive from Merced, but it's my spring break! =]

edit:

If someone has an extra Wii, I have an extra copy of Brawl.

I'll post again to confirm if I can go or not.

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
Oh it mightve been my first one then. And I think it was. Cause I didnt know you too well back then, but I still signed the card they made you since you couldnt make it.

And glad to know you're coming Saturday Vanessa.

RPK

Smash Lord
I dunno dude, he wants to celebrate his birthday at Chucky Cheese's...
Chucky Cheese...
Tournament....
Chucky Cheese...
Tourament...
So I had 2 condoms.

-kudos to those who got the reference-

Smasher BP!

Smash Rookie
-cries- So geh...My nephew's birthday party is the same day as the tournament...
I dunno dude, he wants to celebrate his birthday at Chucky Cheese's...
Chucky Cheese...
Tournament....
Chucky Cheese...
Tourament...
So I had 2 condoms.
Well, if you can't make it, that utterly destroys any chances I had of going.

It's at times like these I wish I had my 'nocs. Well, as long as I keep it cool, and act like you actually are going, all should be fine.

SuperRad

Smash Master
late date is one of the masterpieces of our time. i remember my friend showed it to me at a party and the rest of the night we kept quoting **** back and forth [which was probably annoying to everyone else, but **** em we thought it was hilarious] later we would do similar things to pass the time in physics class. one day we went all the way through it, after which we decided it was time to stop.

i also love the babycakes one where he goes for a walk. washington, washington and JFK are great too. in fact, most of his stuff is awesome.

RPK

Smash Lord
Wtf? Dude, just go ._. It'd be a good experience for you.

EDIT: When its cold out, I like to bring a bag of chowder. And when its hot out, I like to bring a bag of banana chowder. Also, when I go for a walk, I like to bring my magic elixer. 10 parts sugar, 90 parts whiskey.

Smasher BP!

Smash Rookie
Wtf? Dude, just go ._. It'd be a good experience for you..
It's not that simple.

Yeah, I wanted to go to a Brawl tournament on Saturday.

It's going to be at someone's house, I don't know the guy, but one of my friends might be there.

Could you please drop me off?
Yeah...when you don't got a license, a lot of things are hard to do. Especially when I never went to any of the Bi-Weeklies. You know how it goes.

RPK

Smash Lord
Well the only thing that seems to be holding you back from going is that Im not going to be there...Thats not that good of an excuse ._.

sidefx

Smash Champion
you live in santa clara, how hard is it to catch a bus down montague, and get off homestead, its right off the intersection

Naota21t

Smash Champion
Hey anyone from the San Mateo or 650 area going to this tournament who can give me a ride?!?

I would DEEPLY appreciate it, please AIM me at rock21t

Smasher BP!

Smash Rookie
you live in santa clara, how hard is it to catch a bus down montague, and get off homestead, its right off the intersection
It has nothing to do with that, it has to do with parental trust...

...okay, it really has to do with my mom. I don't have a license, and she's anti public transportation. That kind of thing. Even though I'm 18, she's over-protective since the tournament's being held at PK's house and I don't know him personally or anything like that. It's the equivalent of me going to a stranger's place in her mind.

So it all comes down to a yes or no from her since she's the true roadblock. I can't do a thing about it until I get my driver's license.

Time to start reading that manual.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
Nevermind. I have a ride now (thanks a lot pocky).

Should I bring a Wii and Brawl or do we have enough copies already? I have all the chars unlocked, and most of the stages unlocked (all that would be tourney legal at least).

pockyD

Smash Legend
if you don't have all the stages, you won't have random select =\

stages are really easy to unlock though (esp if you have all the chars) - which ones are you missing?

pockyD

Smash Legend
if you don't have all the stages, you won't have random select =\

stages are really easy to unlock though (esp if you have all the chars) - which ones are you missing?

SuperRad

Smash Master
It has nothing to do with that, it has to do with parental trust...

...okay, it really has to do with my mom. I don't have a license, and she's anti public transportation. That kind of thing. Even though I'm 18, she's over-protective since the tournament's being held at PK's house and I don't know him personally or anything like that. It's the equivalent of me going to a stranger's place in her mind.

So it all comes down to a yes or no from her since she's the true roadblock. I can't do a thing about it until I get my driver's license.

Time to start reading that manual.
you have two options:
1) say you are going to a friend's house for the day and skip and go to the tournament. kind of sketch, but you get to go and she wont be the wiser. in the long run, this could catch up to you and you get rallied for it. however, once you break this shell you'll realise that parental control is mostly psychological

2) the better option would to be to do this:
Talk to your mom. explain the situation. does she know pink and trust him? if so, play that up. tell her she can drive you there, park and go in and meet prodigykid if it'll make her feel comfortable. if you are a good student, make sure to bring that up. tell her you have been working hard and want a way to blow of some steam and have fun. worst that happens is that she says no.

lordXblade

Smash Apprentice
Apparently my old crt TV was put in storage, so all I have now is a small flatscreen monitor. Would anybody seriously mind playing on that? If so just take me off the list for a TV. If not I'll bring it.

Smasher BP!

Smash Rookie
you have two options:
1) say you are going to a friend's house for the day and skip and go to the tournament. kind of sketch, but you get to go and she wont be the wiser. in the long run, this could catch up to you and you get rallied for it. however, once you break this shell you'll realise that parental control is mostly psychological

2) the better option would to be to do this:
Talk to your mom. explain the situation. does she know pink and trust him? if so, play that up. tell her she can drive you there, park and go in and meet prodigykid if it'll make her feel comfortable. if you are a good student, make sure to bring that up. tell her you have been working hard and want a way to blow of some steam and have fun. worst that happens is that she says no.

1 is nearly impossible, and I know it's mostly psychological anyways. It's more how she is.

2 is what I tried already. She knows about Saturday already. She doesn't know Pink personally. She knows none of my friends personally. I could convince her with the whole "meet PK" angle, but she's always untrusting of people she's never met unless I've known them for a good bit of time.

I can't push the student angle either since I graduated High School last year, and I'm starting College in the Fall.

I already know what I'm going to do if she says no. I just go where I usually go on Saturday, that's all. And no, I'm not going to pull choice 1 with that. She finds EVERYTHING out anyways. Seriously.

Just as long as she doesn't learn that Pink's not going, I have a chance. If she finds out he's not going, no dice whatsoever. That's just how she is.

Top Bottom