• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Processor Overload: The Live Meeting of ROB Knowledge [Voting Closed]

Landry

Smash Ace
JCz, sad to hear you don't want to participate, but a noble sentiment on your part. I'm really hoping we can bridge the gab between the old and the new here, so I think you're right in saying we need new ROBs to step up. Hopefully the wild card rounds will give us a chance to get some of the newer guys in here. In the eventuality that some like ShadowROB doesn't show up, and we need an extra, I think the best way to replace him would be to have the panel (who would be picked at that point) pick someone to replace him. That too should give us a fairly diverse crowd since I'm sure someone won't be able to/ won't want to make it.

Anyway, it seems like most people have posted, so if we don't get a mass of new votes tomorrow I'll anounce the top 6 and we'll start the wild card round.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I doubt anyone has nominated me (haven't read this thread LOL) but just in case uh you're struggling to find someone and see my name somewhere, don't.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Holy
HugS
Shockdrake
Overswarm

Top four, at least. Different regions, all very knowledgeable

OS, you're only getting my vote because you SEEM to know a lot. You keep claiming to know all these interesting and specific things that ROB can do but I haven't actually seen them. You need to drop the whole "Who cares about ROB just go MK until he gets banned, maybe then I'll divulge my secrets" thing if you want to keep my (and probably a lot of other people's) vote. This isn't about being elitist and swooping in to take control again; this is about admitting personal limitations (TBD is exempt since he has none) and sharing every little tip and trick that only you seem to know. That's just the impression I'm getting from you here

HugS, we all respect you for your commitment in staying true to your characters, but like OS, it's time for you to share what you know. A lot of people have talked about you and hinted that you play differently/better/smarter in a way that could greatly benefit ROB's metagame. You need to be more public about what's happening and what you do because it isn't helping us if you keep your knowledge secret either

HugS™

Smash Lord
I don't divulge information because I don't like to claim the effectiveness of a technique unless I've fully tested it.

That is, it's not about keeping what I know a secret for the sake of keeping it a secret, but rather, it's about making sure it's solid enough to release to the general public.

I'm sure there are some things I can speak up about though, I just never have the forum to do so.

Though it seems like soon there will be such a forum.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I'm completely the opposite, I've posted everything I've found online and continue to put new information up, then update accordingly. Effective or not, that doesn't matter, whenever I'm at a tourney I'll tell all the other R.O.B.s there everything I've been doing. Usually it's Hitori because I see him in NorCal and he doesn't just stick around SoCal region where the other R.O.B. players are.
You guys really should take a look over at AiB instead of being SWF elitist. I don't care if the info is on GameFaqs, if there's something useful it's useful... I mean, I don't even like SWF but I still glance over stuff here occasionally.

Landry

Smash Ace
Updated guys. The Wildcard round starts now. I've got a list of nominees in the main post based off of last rounds voting but feel free to vote for someone who hasn't been nominated yet. Everyone gets 4 votes, so get to it.

FEARedound

Smash Cadet
Jamnt0ast
T0MMY
Dull_Razer
ChiboSempai

sorry stingerz :\ i flipped a coin

and you spelled sudai's name wrong in the first post. he will not be pleased >__<

TeeVee

Smash Lord
jamn
jamn
jamn
jamn

i wish i was more well known by you guys <_<

TeeVee

Smash Lord
well, im on aib mostly (this is dontgetmadokbye on aib btw)

the live chat is amazing

ill prolly stop by here more often though/give you vids from the tourny coming up on sat

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Ninja
Jam
Chibo
Since I don't want to vote for myself, I'll abstain.

Also... we should probably start hammering out some talking points... and arrange them in a logical flow. The ones we have listed on the OP are a good starting point, but maybe we can add...

1) Assess ROBs position at the moment: actual tournament viability and the like.
2) Assess ROBs future situations; with and without the possibility of the MK ban, the ZSS infinite, probably drop on the tier list, etc.
3) Discuss the various different styles of play with ROB. Pick and pull the most effective methods from each playstyle... and attempt to "mesh" them together somehow through discussion as it pertains to "re-inventing" the way ROB is played.
4) As mentioned on the first page... really iron out the MK discussion, the GaW discussion, and the ZSS discussion (if necc.) so that EVERYONE is on the same page, and we come up with a uniformed "best" method of attack when facing these characters
5) Get everyone's input on viable secondaries for ROBs toughest matchups (outside of MK)
6) Stage discussions

all i can think of atm

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Too many people will be difficult to manage! We had 4 for the MK debate and it was longgggggg and hard to keep focused.

Good luck ^ _^

Lemme know when

T0MMY

Smash Master
Just get one R.O.B. player from each region, simple as that.

SoCal
NorCal (includes Reno if Hitori is available)
Pac NW
Midwest
South
Northeast
Southeast
Canada

Landry

Smash Ace
Alright, all of the panelists have been selected. Congrats to everyone who made it and thanks to everyone for voting. I'm still looking for discussion topics, so keep them coming.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I graduate May 9th by the way, so my life gets a lil fuzzy after that.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ah i just saw this thread, thx for the votes everyone, i would be glad on it. i feel i can offer a lot for an East Coast ROB (despite the extreme lack of us nowadays).

doing this on something like skype will be cool. if you guys want, i can manage with recording it, etc, like getting it rdy to post on here. i'll see if i can also get it streamed. im great with this kind of stuff, and i used to be the host of a podcast.

most dates are fine with me. i would prefer a weeknight over anything else since i might be busy on the weekend with family stuff, a tourney, or idk somethin else. any night but thursday pretty much works for me.

Landry

Smash Ace
ah i just saw this thread, thx for the votes everyone, i would be glad on it. i feel i can offer a lot for an East Coast ROB (despite the extreme lack of us nowadays).

doing this on something like skype will be cool. if you guys want, i can manage with recording it, etc, like getting it rdy to post on here. i'll see if i can also get it streamed. im great with this kind of stuff, and i used to be the host of a podcast.

most dates are fine with me. i would prefer a weeknight over anything else since i might be busy on the weekend with family stuff, a tourney, or idk somethin else. any night but thursday pretty much works for me.
That'd be awesome if you could figure that stuff out. I'm still sort of fuzzy on how to do all that so if you know how that'd be great.

EDIT: I've messaged all the panelists (except for ShadowROB who I couldn't find a user name for; if anyone knows how to get a hold of him let me know) and am waiting for confirmation. Once I know who can/can't make it we can start scheduling.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Monday-Thursday; 6- ?? PM

Possibly Fri/Sat/Sunday nights after 10. Just depends on whether im out getting drunk, but if I no ahead of time, i can plan accordingly.

Top Bottom