• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Probably going to get back into Competitive Pokemon TCG

finalark

SNORLAX
I don't care if I get infracted for lack of content, but that **** is broken as ****.
Yeah, but it was cycled out years ago so nobody cares anymore. Plus it's a pain in the *** to use because of it's double-edged sword effect. You better pray that your opponent isn't running Green...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Was that a timespiral block card?
Wow, I lol'd.

Don't know how it goes with MTG, but Pokemon's only ever had 2 cards banned. Both from Neo-Genesis from years ago.

I like MTG, no real coin flipping.
Pokemon has lots of coin flipping :(

But I like Pokemon in general, so that's why I like playing it :)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Mirrodin was some good times. I only ever played for fun during Mirrodin and Timespiral. I also collected a lot of Kamigawa cards.

Memnarch was like the coolest thing ever. And Darksteel reactor. And Darksteel Forge.

@Wave: Pokemon has always had to deal with luck though. Critical hits, varying accuracy on different attacks.

I agree, chance sucks, but all good decks are made with the goal of 'consistency', which is why searching/drawing cards are necessary.

finalark

SNORLAX
Mirrodin was some good times. I only ever played for fun during Mirrodin and Timespiral. I also collected a lot of Kamigawa cards.

Memnarch was like the coolest thing ever. And Darksteel reactor. And Darksteel Forge.
This, just, %100 this. I first got into Magic when Mirrodin came out and I loved every second of it. Kamigawa was pretty awesome too and so was Time Spiral.

Scars of Mirrodin, it's going to be epic.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Was that a timespiral block card?
Wow, I lol'd.

Don't know how it goes with MTG, but Pokemon's only ever had 2 cards banned. Both from Neo-Genesis from years ago.

I like MTG, no real coin flipping.
Pokemon has lots of coin flipping :(

But I like Pokemon in general, so that's why I like playing it :)
In 2008 from the Professor Cup. Wormadam sandy cloak was banned (secret wonders)

I've always been a big pokemon card fan from the beginning, but kinda fell out of that hardcore mode around junior high but still kinda collected them. Then I got into competitive Magic the Gathering(even though I casually played since one of the Urza's sets), playing through blocks like time spiral up to worldwake.

My current pokemon decks consist of Blastgatr, T-tar prime (still working on), and my Gyarados deck which runs between 3 and 4 warp energy

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
In 2008 from the Professor Cup. Wormadam sandy cloak was banned (secret wonders)

I've always been a big pokemon card fan from the beginning, but kinda fell out of that hardcore mode around junior high but still kinda collected them. Then I got into competitive Magic the Gathering(even though I casually played since one of the Urza's sets), playing through blocks like time spiral up to worldwake.

My current pokemon decks consist of Blastgatr, T-tar prime (still working on), and my Gyarados deck which runs between 3 and 4 warp energy
Is that right?
What was the ruleset/format for Professor Cup?

How do you feel about Blastgatr? My friends and I have the cards for it (Friend pulled 2 Blastoises, **** was cash), so we're gonna put it together.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Don't see what simple has to do with anything. Street Fighter (except 3 and its variations) are by far the simpliest of the fighting games, doesn't make them any less valuable.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Your library is your deck. Mana is, well, its that number on the top right corner. I forget exactly what it is, I believe it has something to do with activation, and "tapping"

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
That didn't help.

Like at all. I knew the library = deck thing already, but all the **** I have no idea about is yet unexplained.

Maybe someone else?

Edit:

We also need a Smashboards Hamachi server, I want to try out this stuff.
I'd do it, but I don't have a constant connection to the internet here. My dad forces it to turn off every night :/

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
That didn't help.

Like at all. I knew the library = deck thing already, but all the **** I have no idea about is yet unexplained.

Maybe someone else?

Edit:

We also need a Smashboards Hamachi server, I want to try out this stuff.
I'd do it, but I don't have a constant connection to the internet here. My dad forces it to turn off every night :/
What the hell is Hamachi and if you want I can help with whatever you're doing. My internet is on everyday 24/7 so it'll stay up most of the time

Also, I finally got my hands on a GBC TCG rom and I gotta admit, it's a pretty **** good game

Life

Smash Hero
Mana is the cost to play cards. You get land cards to pay mana costs, like so:

Tapping is MTG's turn-the-card-sideways mechanic. It's used for attacks, paying for some abilities, etc. Mana (like everything else in MTG) comes in five colors... you tap the corresponding land, you get mana (usually, there's special land cards that do stuff though). You also have colorless mana, which works just like Pokemon colorless.

(I can't believe I remember all this, I play Yugimonz lol)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Google Hamachi, install it, host a Smashboards server on it, roach.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Sorry for double post, but I guess this is pretty important

I'm done with the server. It's called SWF PokeCenter and if it asks for a password, just type in smashboards

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
In an MMO I play, there's an item that you can use once per day that gives you three Mana Points.

It's called "Black Lotus", and the button that you press to use it says "Tap".

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Is that right?
What was the ruleset/format for Professor Cup?

How do you feel about Blastgatr? My friends and I have the cards for it (Friend pulled 2 Blastoises, **** was cash), so we're gonna put it together.
Same rules as all the others, but this allows judges to enter. (They have to have at least 50 credits in the season though.)

I love Blastgatr. Mines a bit out dated, I run the unleashed washout and platinum aqua press blastoises. It's by far my favorite deck right now though. Most people run floatzel lv x, but I seem to do just fine with unleashed politoad. Free retreat and a possible 180 damage if I really need to swing with it. Overall the deck is a little slow with three stage 2's but that's what BTS and rare candies are for.

Translation for ultimario I'll try to relate it to pokemon to see if that helps.

It's an artifact so it stays in play like a stadium, but only the player can play it unless it says for the other player to do something.

At the beginning of each player's upkeep
(each players beginning turn in their draw phase),

each player removes the top card of his or her library from the game
(not the discard, but the game like the lost zone in pokemon).

The player who removed the card with the highest converted mana cost takes and extra turn after this one.
(mana cost is like energy in pokemon except instead of using the energy to attack like in pokemon you use the mana to summon the creature to the field. The cost is at the top right of the magic card so it'll say something like 3 of any color mana plus 1 blue mana plus 1 red mana to use that card the same goes for all other cards except for when you draw mana that counts as 0. So you draw a card with the 3 of any color 1 blue and 1 red for a converted cost of 4, the opponent then draws a card from the top of their deck and adds the amount to their card who ever has the highest wins. You then finish your phaze and who ever won goes then it goes back to the next person. Basically it changes who goes in what order.)

If two or more players' cards are tied for the highest cost, the tied players repeat this process until the tie is broken.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Wow, I know that in Yugioh the English Cyberstein from the world TGC tourney is worth about 8000 dollars, mainly because they're only 16 around.

Cards are collectables. Collectables are valueable.

finalark

SNORLAX
In an MMO I play, there's an item that you can use once per day that gives you three Mana Points.

It's called "Black Lotus", and the button that you press to use it says "Tap".
Lol, Wave missed the epic MTG reference.

If you care: In MTG, the Black Lotus is a legendary card that had limited printing and is worth a lot of money. Why? Because in the right combos it lets you play extremely powerful cards for free.

Can someone translate this into something that I can understand?

I don't play this magic shiz.
Basically, at the start of your turn you and your opponent take the top card of their respective decks and compare the number in the upper right-hand corner. Who ever has the bigger number gets an extra turn.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Basically, at the start of your turn you and your opponent take the top card of their respective decks and compare the number in the upper right-hand corner. Who ever has the bigger number gets an extra turn.
FINALLY

Oh god that's broken lol

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm on it a lot.

It's just that nobody ****ing uses it even though EVERYONE showed a ****ton of interest.

Top Bottom