• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

Ermine

Smash Ace
Not my Jacket...

Side Note: WHY MUST I ALWAYS GET 5th...

Bleh... Lots of smash these last 2 days... And it was lots of fun...

I played terrible in my opinion but maybe thats just cus I suck... I'm beginning to realize that I am terrible X_X

I had like... One good set... and that was against Gary 2-0 but apparently I was being cheap so w/e... Matches against Sid was great. I thought I did a lot better than I thought I would against him X_X.

PS: Counter Picking MK 2 doesn't work...

kithkin

Smash Champion
Ugh my singles dissapointed me cause I was soo pumped after being like one hit away from beating sid in our third match.

then to lose my second set like that. D=

but teams I picked it back up =D

I still need my jacket...

kithkin

Smash Champion
I cant even remember the last time I played mich 1v1.

Back when I played falco I think.

Also, you didnt notice but when you left I said "nice playing you" because we didnt play a single match the whole day.

yeah we played friendlies last time we both went, your yoshi beat me >.>

Mich

Smash Cadet
Lol, why do you have premium if your never on?
It used to be cheaper, primarily. My 1-year subscription expires in late July and I don't plan on renewing for CAN$50 -- you're right -- I'm not on very often. The custom title will be hard to give up and the ads ARE a ***** but ultimately the internet is about free content first.

kithkin

Smash Champion
haha.

also, levi I was talking to Sid about that, just mail it to him. use like a courier greyhound thing to get it to him. or go to shoppers and get them to express mail it.

if you bother to do it its easy

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
As soon as he was informed his junk was missing, he was also informed I'd mail it to him as soon as he gives me the information needed to mail it to him.
Thanks for the advice though.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I didn't attend the bi-weekly, but had fun with everyone at Levi's place on Friday night. I'm glad I finally met someone (Sid) who is into Street Fighter (3rd Strike), Smash (Melee), AND music games (ITG, SM, etc). It's a first for me! I taught him how to parry Chun-Li's SA2, but never got to play him in Smash. If he won the bi-weekly, he probably would have beat me. :)

I have no idea who I have or haven't met from the community, still. But I had some good conversations with Fox Machine (as he was showing me how hard it is to take a month+ break from Melee and then play a good opponent, though I think I fared a bit better near the end) and... Jeremy, I believe (an engineering student at U of C, sorry if I got your name wrong).

I also showed everyone why Beatmania IIDX is the best game ever.

Oh, and to people who wanted to see some StepMania screens, here's a directory of a few screens I found on my hard drive. Some of them are pretty good. I play index style on the arrow keys, complete with crossovers. For doubles (there's Energizer Expert double somewhere in the screens), I play arrow keys and 2468 numpad, index style, complete with double-style crossovers. It sounds crazy, but it works for me.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Oh, and to people who wanted to see some StepMania screens, here's a directory of a few screens I found on my hard drive. Some of them are pretty good. I play index style on the arrow keys, complete with crossovers. For doubles (there's Energizer Expert double somewhere in the screens), I play arrow keys and 2468 numpad, index style, complete with double-style crossovers. It sounds crazy, but it works for me.
Interestingly, there was a whole bunch of StepMania enthusiasts kickin' around at the TransCanada tournament. Maybe we could've used you in the East Coast/West Coast struggle! :)

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
No my cube isn't broken. It showed a funny little error message after it fell off the table but it's fine now.

That 2 day smashfest was great. I enjoyed playing everybody and I hope you guys enjoyed playing against me.

Obviously Levi has improved a lot. You were no doubt a challenge to play against and the finals vs Sid were so evenly matched that it was great fun to watch. Sid of course is just too smart, wielding his Pika around like a top tier.

I probably could've done better but what the heck, it was fun.

Thank you Levi and Mich for hosting and Sid for making the trip.

How was the TransCanada Randall?

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
It was a pretty close last match between Sid and I, down to 100%+ of the last stock each. He won the ice cream. =]

I'm surprised Mr. Sid hasn't written shout-outs, but he doesn't really go to smashboards that often so it's ok.

kithkin

Smash Champion
ahahaha, well yeah. the bi-weeklie was awesome despite me not doing well at all in singles.

aside from my sid set, I almost eliminated him first round. almost.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
The Eliminator strikes the losing bracket with a vengeance!!!

It's a standard rule of all tournaments that Sid participates in; I'm afraid you had no choice. :) By doing so, you effectively ensured his victory in the tournament!

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
I hear Gary's gamecube got broked after the tournament. =[ I wasn't involved in that, but I'm sorry to hear it.
:( Aw crap. That's my fault.

I was in such a hurry to get out'a there with my TV, I forgot to disconnect the AV cables and the Cube got knocked off the table.
I've seen Wii's and Cubes get knocked off tables before so I didn't think much of it.

I'm horibly sorry, Gary. Not only for breaking your Cube, but for not saying anything before I left. I couldn't remember if you where there when it feel or not.

Get ahold of me on MSN and we'll work something out.

chadtaylor[at]shaw.ca

edit---

Well, I made that post before reading the rest of the replies, so I'm glad to see your Cube is still running.
But seriously... if it ever fails down the road, blame it on me and I'll buy you a new one.
Really.

I'm Serious
:[

Ermine

Smash Ace
Hehehe if me and Sid were not having so much fun in our match I could have tried a bit harder but it was still great to have a non intense match while still playing good.

Lol at all the Pokemon comments that hardly anyone got XD

"Muhahaha My Pikachu has perfect Ivs!"

"Yes but mine has perfect Evs.... IN EVERY STAT!"

"=O"

XD

kithkin

Smash Champion
lol

Allan, you have a very tough playstyle to play aginast, so I understand you beating sid.

also, this just in, chads a great guy.

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Naw it's okay Chad, no harm done. But thanks for being considerate.

:cries:
I wanted to play you
:(:(:(
Well then come play me then! Where were you and Neil at Levi's smashfest? or at the biweekly the day after? :(

Randall's awfully quite these days... Where are the Randall-sized posts describing the TransCanada tournament in full detail for all us non-attenders to feast on?

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Spoke too soon huh?... :p

GR8-IST POAST EVAR

Oh and put me on the Would Really Like To Come If Falls Within My Winter Break list.
Thanks Randall!

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Oh, I never read this thread prior to reading the post in the results thread.

It's there, but here it is again:

I just got linked to this idea of a Calgary tournament, and I'd love for that to happen. I can help with organizing / housing if needed. =]

PS I was also reading the shoutouts regaurdless, despite not attending the tournament :3

kithkin

Smash Champion
I read the shout outs too. be and sean we're debating whether the warrenthad one was a good thing for me or not. (i'd like to think so, its not like randall to openly insult someone)

I can also help with organization, maybe a tv, general contact.

You know, I can help with everything hat just about any could do as long as they're willing.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
If there's enough interest to warrant a Pro Impact CCSC Championship tournament, I am going to want and need the help of as many of you as possible. To make it a suitably epic tournament, we'll need staff. :) Details as they become available...

Top Bottom