• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I might be able to come on Saturday for some Smash.

Fox Machine, I'm at the U on some Wednesdays, but I should be there every Monday for a meeting around 2pm. It's usually done by around 3:15 or so, but I never go to the Cove because it's deserted in the summer. I could meet you there if we had a plan, though. I only play 3rd Strike of the Cove games, but if you play that, we could have a few matches.

kithkin

Smash Champion
HRAAAAAAAAAA.

wait does this mean Infil may be able to smash with me for once?

*overjealous glee* sid and ricky, and possibly gary?

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Heh... I'm a bit concerned because I will be so out of Melee practice that my first impression will be pretty lame. Also, I've been messing around with 64 smash so my reflexes are probably all backwards for Melee.

But, I'll try to come and get my butt kicked anyway. At least Levi can back up that I beat his Falco with Mewtwo a few months ago, so I'm not horrible at the game. ;)

Captain Alaska

Smash Apprentice
Alaska is driving down and should be in Calgary on the Sunday of the 8th. Anyone want to play smash/house us?

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash XVI

We will be hosting our sixteenth bi-weekly Smash session on Saturday, June 30th, 2007.
"It isn't too often I see a Game & Watch with a well-developed sausage game."
PXTalon2000, Bowser vs. G&W, 2004
For review:

Entry Fee: $5.00

Date: Saturday, June 30th, 2007

Time: 1:00 PM

Place: #1, 103 Huntington Prk Grn NW

Contact No.: 403-869-3971

We hope to have everyone here for about 1:00 in the afternoon which should give us enough of a morning to prepare for the arrivals. As it is in my nature to be a hospitable host, I will do my best to ensure that no smasher goes dehydrated, however thanks to continued contributions to the Pro Impact Treasury, most of the gratitude for the refreshments is owed back to the players. Additionally, we typically have a variety of deliciously hedonistic snack foods available for all those who attend, too!

Now that I've sold you on the free food, I'd best explain the rest. The $5.00 entry fee you pay to enter the tournament grants you both passage into our house for a day as well as a position in the double elimination bracket for SSBM Singles; the Doubles tournament is free and tends to be less competitive anyway. The winner of the Singles tournament takes home half the pot comprised of all the entry fees and the other half goes towards the aforementioned Pro Impact Treasury, the fund that keeps ProImpact.ca and the bi-weeklies themselves financially afloat.

The entry fee is purposefully kept quite low and with a 16-player tournament, the winning pot is still only $40.00, which is hopefully enough to keep it competitive while still maintaining a casual and friendly environment. It is important that the tournament is accessible by everyone and that the cost is low enough that a brand new player won't be discouraged from coming based on the pretense that they have to win.

The telephone number above rings straight to my cell phone from a Calgary area code and I accept calls 24 hours a day...even from total strangers...so if you find yourself having nightmares at 4 in the morning and waking up in a cold sweat because you're not sure whether or not you can counterpick Rainbow Cruise at the next bi-weekly, have no fear! Just give me a ring and I'll roll haphazardly out of bed to answer your call. Maybe.

We would like to know who is attending before 1:00 actually rolls around as well, just in case we end up trying to seat 35 people who didn't sign up in one 3-bedroom home. So, if you would like to attend, please post here!

There will be a 16 player cap on this event and I will post the names of the confirmed and unconfirmed attendees below. If you find that all of a sudden it's Sunday and the bi-weekly starts in half an hour but you're still on the "unconfirmed" list, don't even worry about it. Unless we already have 16 confirmed players and another 6 on the waiting list before you, I'm sure we can find space. The player cap can stretch a little bit in either direction to best accomodate each tournament if necessary.

If there's nothing else, we'll see you all when you get here!

CONFIRMED
  • MICH - (Mitch)
  • Fox Machine - (Gary)
  • BackItch - (Chad)
  • Koda - (Kevin)
UNCONFIRMED
  • =] - (Levi)
  • Kithkin - (Brad)
  • Nitrocidal - (Alex)
  • Pawl - (Paul)
  • xlonesoulx - (David)
  • Valdemar - (Dean)
  • xpiritflare - (John)
  • JIN - (Chris)
  • RJM - (Randall)
  • Neat - (Riley)
  • DJT - (Jeremy)
  • PKT - (Preston)
  • No Limitz - (Leslie)
  • BlueBlueGlassMoon - (Jesse)
  • pibbers - (Alex)
  • M - (Allan)
  • Infil - (Ricky)
ROSTER
=] | BackItch | Bizzareo | BlueBlueGlassMoon | BlueInfusion | Buddyvishnu | DJT | Fox Machine | Hehe | I T I | Infil | JIN | Jonny Blaze | Kithkin | Koda | M | MICH | Myth | Nitrocidal | No Limitz | pibbers | PKT | Richard | RJM | Seyasha | xlonesoulx | xpiritflare | Zero

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
I'm not in uncornfirmed, so that makes me confirmed.

Ricky, I'll pass on that 3S match, thank you very much. I've never touched that game, and I have no doubt that I wouldn't last 10 seconds against you.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Yes I'm pretty sure that myself, Sid, Brad, Riley, and Alex are confirmed.... but I'd only go down with Brad, Myself, Sid, and Riley untill we hear more from Alex.

CaptainAlaska if you are actually reading this, I'll probably be able to have people @ my place for smash, but as I mentioned in your thread, I can not house you guys =[.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Also smash @ my place on friday, Mr. Sid will there. Just watch your language (MR. PINE THOMPSON) my mother doesn't like curses, lol

Ermine

Smash Ace
Its Pine Marten...

Oh and sorry about that... I hang out with A LOT of different people and I don't really know what kind of personality to choose when hanging out somewhere new.

I'll try my best to make it on Friday... But I dun wanna get lost ='(

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
I might be able to swing by your place on Friday, Levi.

It would be rather late if I where to come, tho. Let me know on acceptable times and I'll see what I can do.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Yeah guys, just come around 3:30. That's when Sid'll be here, You can come earlier if you want too.

Don't stay too late thinking you'll wait for everyone to leave before you go though, Sid's staying at my house so you'd be here all night. Like 12 is acceptable

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
60 Brookpark Mews SW

I think I'll be picking Sid up from the bus terminal, so maybe come a bit later just to make sure I'm home guys.
Will someone comeing bring an extra cube?

kithkin

Smash Champion
Hey mitch, would you mind if we stayed fairly late, cause it'd be easier for me to get merileysidlevi a ride back.

Not sure how late, but I'd assume not too late. just later than usual. (assuming the usual is still 6-7)

kithkin

Smash Champion
I will have to call my dad at like 6:30 and find out when he can give me a ride. cause he doesnt even know.

he says we may have to bus, which I do not want to have to do, let alone tell levirileyandsid that they will have to.

Oh and for levi.

a message

I will call you tommorow and keep you posted since I wont be home and will be dropped at your house before you leave for randalls

Mich

Smash Cadet

June 30, 2007

RESULTS:

Singles

1. Sid
2. =]
3. M
4. BackItch
5. MICH
5. Koda
7. PKT
7. Fox Machine
9. Kithkin
9. Neat
9. DJT

Doubles

1. Kithkin and MICH
2. Sid and =]
3. Neat and BackItch
4. Koda and Fox Machine

----------

Thank you all for coming! Randall should be back next time!

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
I hear Gary's gamecube got broked after the tournament. =[ I wasn't involved in that, but I'm sorry to hear it.

And Sid is on his way home, he should be pretty safe, he had some decent instructions for bussing there, and some caremel ice cream. I hope you guys enjoyed his company, as I did. Good games, guys.

Gary should have won his set vs me, he was owning me.

Yeah pretty much good games guys, Over the last 2 days I've played for 25 and a half hours, so I probably won't see you guys for awhile since I'm taking a break. Or maybe I'll come out of retirement early. =]

Oh and there's 2 jackets at my house I'm hoping that one of them isn't Sid's. I'm pretty sure one is Alex's, but tell me if you're missing a jacket.

Top Bottom