• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
On-topic: I'm confirming myself for the upcoming Bi-weekly. Please excuse my, erm, random explosion, I couldn't help myself. Would you believe me if I said Levi did it?

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I was the one responsible for the Wednesday Smash meeting, since the meeting in the south fell through. I'm really trying to make it, but I have a bunch of stuff to do for school that I really hope I can finish by the evening. I'm working hard on it, but I do hope to show up to Chad's place by about 7 or so.

EDIT - The snow is falling pretty hard right now, and if it continues to fall and makes driving a bad idea, I probably won't be able to make it tonight. Let's just hope the snow will stop and everything will be okay. It's about an hour drive for me (one way), so I won't take the chance if the roads are really bad.

Stevo

Smash Champion
hey Infil
I remember talking to you like 1 or 2 years ago on smashboards here but we never ended up playing smash haha.

Im in edmonton now but hopefully we will get to meet one day :laugh:

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Heh, yeah, I remember that. I didn't check my PMs for like 6 months and I missed a chance to play against you. Yeah, hopefully we'll play some day.

The weather isn't letting up, guys, so this isn't a good sign... I'll probably have to cancel for tonight. :( I'll make my final decision at around 6 or 6:30 though.

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
If it isn't too much of a hassle Randall, could you upload the match with my Peach and Mich's IC's
>_________>;

Oh, and I should be able to be at the next bi-weekly... probably...

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Ricky (Infil), Chad and myself did manage to arrange a successful smashing tonight (which just wrapped up a short time ago...err...3 AM....on a weekday....work should be fun tomorrow) and it was a rousing good time! I'm sure he'll fit in nicely with the skill bracket offered at the bi-weeklies.

We've all come away from the experience with some new knowledge: Chad now knows the loss Young Link suffered without his hookshot glitch thanks to Ricky's Version 1.0, I now know first-hand how nasty Donkey Kong can be on a Fox, and Ricky has now learned the wrath of Peach for the first time. :)

John, I would be happy to upload that match. It was just the one, right? I can't recall if that particular set went to three games or not.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it was good fun. I've just sent an email to my supervisor, asking for an extension on my assignment. Hopefully he'll grant one to me. He should, he's a nice guy. :)

I'm glad to see two good players in Chad and Randall able to step up to my level! I just haven't had much competition at the game, and I'm glad to see I'll find it in this community. I was playing well against Chad's Peach early in the evening (taking a lead in games won), but by the end I was losing more matches than I was winning. Hopefully in a couple more sessions I'll be able to handle Peach better. It's my first time playing against a Peach of any real skill level. Though, at the end of the day, it did say that I killed Chad more than he killed me (110-105 I think). Our last few FFA battles might have swayed that statistic, though. :(

Also glad to see another wavedash-happy Luigi in my midst. Randall enjoys sliding away with Luigi as much as I do!

You guys are both great players, and it'll be fun to play more against you and the other members of the community. Like I've said, competition has been tough to come by... I'm glad to finally find tough matches in the city.

And yes... it was a jolly good time whipping out the ol' DK against Randall's Fox. DK can be pretty nasty when used properly! :)

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Oie... waking up this morning was NOT easy. Sooo tempted to call in to work...

However, it was totaly worth it.

Randall never ceases to amaze me with his techniques. Wavelanded ledge hops, the relentless ledge-teching... there's always something new to witness.

Infil has an incredible varariety in his playable characters that's a treat to play against, although I did see WAY more than my fair share of Marth... oie... that wavedashed F-Smash...
Everytime I get together and play some Smash, there's always something new to learn. I look forward to the next time I have a chance to play 'ya.
Perhaps next time, I'll be the one who'll make the insane commute to the far south in a blizzard. ;)

And on a separate note: The controler adaptors have shipped. I expect them early next week.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
No such luck.

Anyways, the knowlage of how far away they are, geographicly, rarely translates into knowlage of how far away they are, chronologicly.

Even when they arrive at my house, they still might be a week away! Depends if there's any reason for me to come to the south to drop these off...

like... oh say...

Some rounds of Smash? ^^

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH! Chad is welcome at my house anytime, unless I'm not home, or it's really late. Then I'd have to think about it.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Photoshop is fun...

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Luigi... it's just that he lends himself FAR too well to getting beaten up. Not too many images I can photoshop of him kick'n some butt.

I'll find something tho... just for you, Randall. :p

edit: woo! Starting off page 50 with some kick!

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Photoshop is fun...
I teched that. :)

Oie... waking up this morning was NOT easy. Sooo tempted to call in to work...
For the record, I did manage to sleep through my alarm and ended up being three hours late for work. Plus, I stayed up far too late Thursday night....in fact, I just woke up now. Oh dear....

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Heh, sorry guys. I guess that one was my fault. I suppose next time we'll have to end before 3am on a weeknight.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Only if more people knew what you've done for the Calgary smash scene...
You would win by a landslide!
Who else can claim they took a large city like Calgary from dead, too what we experience now?

You've certainly got my vote.

kithkin

Smash Champion
haha, in agreement with gary, theres totally other ones people around here could go for. i totally am the coolest mod.

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm going to be in Calgary during Feb. 19 - 24. Any bi-weeklies going on in that time?

Randall, I tried to see the highlights but it said you removed them:confused:

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
There were some technical difficulties with the eighth highlight reel that will be repaired tomorrow.

Gary, there's actually a bi-weekly on the 25th, so not quite. However, I'm sure everyone would be interested in arranging some sort of smashing while you're in town.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
OC2 was a single, huge event, not so much a community, but nealdt will no doubt win that and probably several other awards for his general contributions to the Smash community at large. And deservingly so; he'll be a lifetime achievement award candidate in due time. Realistically, I'm a more likely candidate for 2007 hosting-related awards since these bi-weeklies only started in October and nobody outside of Calgary has noticed them yet. :) However, all that said, I still believe that on a per-hour time-investment basis, I'm probably busier than nealdt in Smash (at least these days), even if fewer people are paying attention.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Oh and, after peach stomped luigi, she stole his clothes and ransacked some supermarkets.

Peach is framing luigi!

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
After an unusually difficult battle with technology, the eighth highlight reel is now up.

Just to make it easier, if anyone would like to request matches for upload, could you do so in the Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - 1v1 Video Thread just so I don't have to go looking all around the forums and MSN message histories to find the full list. :) If I've got it all in one place, I'll be more likely to come up with the initiative to do it!

Besides, in the future, it will be cleverly streamlined with a "request-a-match form" to fill out on proimpact.ca....but until then....

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I'm pitching in $40, for the win.

i know how i found it (i knew it already) but how did you find it?
Mindgames, son.

EDIT: Just noticed, that comic is also the source of Randall's avatar. Finally I know what it says. Thought it looked familiar, but I was thinking it was from the Boo house scene.

EDIT2: Wow, I just realized I have over 1000 posts...

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
"Chill out, Weege."

Mitchell has a hard copy of the comic, I believe, and so does Chad if memory serves correctly. Crrrrrazzyy Mushroom Kingdom adventures following us around on the internet!

kithkin

Smash Champion
haha i've known it for forever, completely forgot about your avatar being from it though :ohwell:

and oh man, hard copy.

DEAN

Smash Rookie
After an unusually difficult battle with technology, the eighth highlight reel is now up.

Just to make it easier, if anyone would like to request matches for upload, could you do so in the Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - 1v1 Video Thread just so I don't have to go looking all around the forums and MSN message histories to find the full list. :) If I've got it all in one place, I'll be more likely to come up with the initiative to do it!

Besides, in the future, it will be cleverly streamlined with a "request-a-match form" to fill out on proimpact.ca....but until then....

It's gotta be DEAN (Pichu) vs. JIN (Link) in the first round. I owned that sorry bastid!

Top Bottom