• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
It's on now! >=] TEAM AWESOME WILLL PWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNN team ***** so hard they will clean up their act and become non-whores. Good luck! >=]

kithkin

Smash Champion
i'll wager your pride. and possibly a five, but i doubt that.

edit: i now need a new currency to bet, because levi doesnt understand that concept.

kithkin

Smash Champion
double post of awesome.

guys i'm trying a new sig (or a sig in general) its just temporary (till i make an actually good one) but yeah.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
So you like the Princess enough to have her in yer' sig? Congratulations!
What's going on in that background behind your name? I can't quite see that...

kithkin

Smash Champion
apparently thats our bet. although not sure yet, cause the tag has soul you know, you cant bargain for souls.

and yeah sheik is my second now, if i could win with her against like at least 40% of the time, its good. plus, most people i cant beat with falco, i can beat with sheik. its a good combo.

and its just a design, sorta underwater corel stuff. looks pretty cool so i stuffed it in there, plus the corals are connecting, the bigger ne and smaller one. but thats really if it has any meaning. rather than a temporary sig.

edit: heres the pic i used. http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/4743/anyclrulikebymoodswing01je.jpg

warning, very large.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
That's an awesome sig, Levi! I enjoy the interplay between colour and fourm, especialy in the details below the two faces. It's deep, rich, and colourful without being crowded, the elements of design perfectly balanced, in harmony with eachother.

Why can't Kithkin make a sig that good? I'll never know. You could learn something from this, Brad..

And yes, Happy-Birthday!

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Great highlight reel! How I wish I could've been there. Even getting beat by John > 1st year science courses. Maybe my unofficial "crew" will attend an upcoming event, and so I can play vicariously through them. Hehehehe....

In the mean time, I'm off to learn characters that counter peach. :)
You know what's a counter for peach? A waveshining Fox. ;)

Oh and happy birthday.

-Gary

kithkin

Smash Champion
hahaha my sig is temporary, god. its just a fake till i bother to make a good one, god.

!!! chad capitalized my name, hoorah!!

also, for alex.

sorry randall.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
chad capitalized my name
Sorry, I'll stop. Force of Habit, I assure you.

Typicaly, I punctuate people's screen-names as they prefer, when I can.

Afterall, it's your own name! You should know how it's punctated. Kinda like how you take care when typing your own screen-name when you.... oh say... register for an online fourm...

You know best!

kithkin

Smash Champion
this is a angry face. you're not supposed to do that you know. i want my name capitalized. and it actually was for my name, but then it didnt accept it and when i fixed and resubmitted it was uncapitalized cause of the freakin thing.

not my fault.

(grrr, stop pointing out my failures)

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Ah, you might get a chance to pick a new username (and capitalize it this time!) when you lose your tag in the team-tourney bet. :p

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Now why would you want to go changing tags left and right and mess up the giant compendium of statistics that the game takes the liberty to record? It's exactly like registering a new username here--you lose your post count and rep. :)

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Now why would you want to go changing tags left and right and mess up the giant compendium of statistics that the game takes the liberty to record? It's exactly like registering a new username here--you lose your post count and rep. :)
Well, I think he's doing it because he doesn't play Mario anymore... at all.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
I'm sorry Randall it has to be done, I'm not quite a mario main anymore. I'm known more for saying "=]" than I am for playing mario =\. I was thinkin' of gettin' a premium account and changing my account name to =]. I dunno, I think i'll just make my tag =], and nothing more. Just so all of the stuff doesn't get mixed up.

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, I'll stop. Force of Habit, I assure you.

Typicaly, I punctuate people's screen-names as they prefer, when I can.

Afterall, it's your own name! You should know how it's punctated. Kinda like how you take care when typing your own screen-name when you.... oh say... register for an online fourm...

You know best!
xD ... well I don't like my name with a capital only because a capital X beside a p doesn't look so good to me.
<_________________<;

ProTip: It has nothing to do with any characters, and I say it a lot on the forums and on msn
I guessed =] before I read the rest of the posts.. and I was right! woo

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
www.proimpact.ca (?)

Due to relatively popular demand, I figured I'd post the details about a proposed website:

www.proimpact.ca

"But Randall, what would be on the website??"

Well, I'm glad you asked.

ProImpact.ca could conceivably have a wide variety of information (as well as pointless filler) related to the bi-weeklies themselves. No doubt there would be plenty of cutting and pasting involved as I have a more stylistic, non-message board-like announcement for each tournament in mind.

We could have player profiles with massive amounts of statistics and pictures and all kinds of extra goodies with links to each player's videos, etc.

How about a Pro Impact account creation? I mean, that sort of thing could take some time, but you could eventually "log in" to the Pro Impact website, throw on a skin of your choice, post comments on whatever kind of crazy content will be up by then, customized Smash news feeds, blah blah blah!

Who knows, maybe we could even set up a way to access "ONLINE N64 SMASH!!"

Of course, I'd also want to include information about tournaments that are close enough for us bi-weekly-goers to attend.

What's that? Edmonton's having a tournament?

No problem, just head on over to proimpact.ca and read all the details in one convenient place!

What's that!? There's a Red Deer tournament the same day that I could go to on the drive up? Thanks ProImpact.ca!

You're welcome.

...but uh....Randall, isn't this kinda...uh...expensive?

Well?

Truthfully? :) No.

The only reason this idea is coming up is thanks to the community spirit of many of you who would be willing to sponsor the project.
Believe you me, I already appreciate the bi-weekly offerings of various root beers, colas, chips, crackers, quesadillas, hor's d'oveures, escargot and home electronics that you guys bring. But hey, if you wanna continue the expansion of the mighty Calgary community in a more fiscally responsible way, I can't argue!

The Cost

Assuming we don't seriously overshoot the allotted bandwidth for a basic webpage, the costs break down into two chunks:

1. $25.00 - cost of registering the domain name.
  2. $59.40 - cost of webspace and maintenance for 1 year

For a grand total of: $84.40

Which is good and cheap. Primarily because we don't have to pay someone to design the website itself as well. Additionally, once the year renews, you don't have to pay the $25 registration fee a second time around. The savings are super at Safeway!

The Reward

First and foremost: the website.

Secondly, I just had this crazy idea for a section of the website wherein you registered users could earn "shares" in the Pro Impact...uhh...franchise(?) for every dollar donated to the ProImpact.ca fund.

But Randall, what good are shares in your massively successful corporate conglomerate in such a rapidly fluctuating economic market?

A more relevant question might have you wondering what good a few of these charity rewards attached to your name will be once we've earned the necessary cash to put the website up. Like any decent (or corrupt) charity, we'll certainly be open to donations that exceed our target of $84.40.

Amounts in excess of the necessary maintenance costs of proimpact.ca will be credited and stored in some sort of cute Nintendo-themed piggy bank here and a running total with details of contributors will be kept on the website.

Okay, so you wanna take all our money...why?

Well, there are plenty of other expenses that could be attached to Smash if the money was there. Maybe we should just let the thing collect spare change until they come out with a release date for Brawl. At which point we will schedule a major, final Melee tournament some time shortly before. We could use what donations were accumulated along the way to rent out a relatively large hall so we could support 50-60 people from all over the map. I don't have a great deal of experience with fundraising but any cost reduction on a large-scale tournament is a positive one.

And, being a democratic community, I would also be open to other suggestions for uses of Pro Impact dollars. Don't like our couch? Propose to buy a communal lawn chair instead! Don't find our component tables offer satisfactory lag reduction in arm wrestles? Propose to buy new ones! Don't like our house? Propose to use the fund to pay a demolition company to knock it down!

It's your money.

And I haven't really fleshed out the "shares" idea yet, but I'm thinking for each dollar donated you get 10 shares or points or impacoins or whatever and the value that these miscellaneous units have may change over time. Maybe you can spend 30 points to guarantee yourself a Bye in the next bi-weekly. Or you could "money-match" other players but instead of gambling on money, gamble your Pro Impact points. Or perhaps I should just use the points as a currency in an interactive, multiplayer Pro Impact flash-based RPG that we can all participate in!

Whoa whoa whoa...that's a little too much work.

But anyway, hopefully you can see where I'm coming from in this regard.

And remember, donations are entirely optional. This is NOT to be confused with a tournament entry fee. Or a purchase of any kind, for that matter.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
I'm definately down for donating, I'll mention it to Riley too.

So the shares are a side thing? Or is it the same as the Pro Impact currency?
Smash 64 online? Emulated right? I'm still trying to find a cheap USB controller for that, I've had it set up for awhile though.
This idea, and the sub-topics of the idea, are amazing.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
These are all just ideas I came up with on the fly, so the rewards for donations won't be actually fleshed out fully until I have an idea of what the page will look like in the design phase and all that.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Alright so for now it's just incentives to donate? =] Either way I'll be donating, I don't quite have the "I have a job" status right now so It'll be a larger amount of money over time.

Top Bottom