• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

buddyvishnu

Smash Rookie
Kirby Must DIE!!!!!!!!

That was quite fun.

There was only one thing that bugged me about the tourney.

No, it wasn't Chad's peach...

IT WAS THE KIRBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: and his stupid kirbycides.

Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest. It was a good time had by all. :chuckle:

PS: Just joking about the kirby, the kirby is actually quite good.

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
So Much Pain

That was quite fun.

There was only one thing that bugged me about the tourney.

No, it wasn't Chad's peach...

IT WAS THE KIRBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: and his stupid kirbycides.

Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest. It was a good time had by all. :chuckle:

PS: Just joking about the kirby, the kirby is actually quite good.
"Quite"? Dude you got ***** up side your head! Not like I can talk. First I got Peach ***** (thnx Chad) then I missed my counters and got C. Falcon's knee into Marth's skull do you know what you did Levi!? I'll show you!

Doctor: "Oh my, Marth it apears that fragments of your skull have been lodged into your kidneys..."

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #7 - RESULTS

SINGLES

1: xpiritflare
2: BackItch
3: Mariownage
4: Nitrocidal
5: kithkin
6: Buddyvishnu
7: Seyasha
8: JIN
9: RJM

(YouTube)

A hearty Pro Impact welcome to the Crimson Silence crew, David and Antonie! Don't worry about that Kirby. :) You guys proved yourself to be competent players and I have no doubt that you will perform even better the next time around. I totally sympathize with some of the strange and unexpected things that can happen during your first time playing with new people, but as we all know, you learn the most important lessons (
) in defeat and not in victory.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
oh wow, im sorry to hear that about your skull, Zane.

and a note to hopefully everyone, [becuase there seems to be a lack of it] there's no need to worry about insulting alex for kirbyciding, i do yell at him and call him names etc all the time about it. he's a pain, and hasn't killed himself over the insults so i assume he doesn't care.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #8 - Jan. 28th, 2007

We will be hosting our eighth bi-weekly Smash session on Sunday, January 28th, 2006.

"I can wall tech, air dodge, do all the other so call advance tech my friend knew of them too. As i said before he was only new to wave dashing and l-canc.Most of the information is covered in the basic" how to play" on melee."

Sora Keyblade Master, 7 Habits Of A Professional Smasher (LunInSpectra), 2006

For review:

Date: Sunday, January 28th, 2006

Time: 1:00 PM

Place: #1, 103 Huntington Prk Grn NW

Contact No.: 869-3971

We hope to have everyone around for about 1:00 in the afternoon which will give us enough of a Sunday morning to prepare for everything. As it is in my nature to be a good host, I'll try and see to it that the environment is hospitable and no one is ever dehydrated to the best of my ability. However, you might find yourself thanking some of the original participants for that, as they have been kind enough to bring refreshments in the past. :)

The telephone number above rings straight to my cell phone from a Calgary area code and I accept calls 24 hours a day...even from total strangers...so if you find yourself having nightmares at 4 in the morning and waking up in a cold sweat because you're not sure whether you can counterpick Rainbow Cruise at the next bi-weekly or not, have no fear! Just give me a ring and I'll roll haphazardly out of bed to answer your call. Maybe.

We would like to know who is attending before 1:00 actually rolls around too as well just in case we end up trying to seat 35 people who didn't sign up in one 3-bedroom home.

So, if you would like to attend, please post here. There will be a 16 player cap on our first event (if not all) and I will post the names of the confirmed and unconfirmed attendees below. If you find that all of a sudden it's Sunday and the bi-weekly starts in half an hour but you're still on the "unconfirmed" list, don't even worry about it. Unless we already have 16 confirmed players and another 6 on the waiting list before you, I'm sure we can find space.

If there's nothing else, we'll see you all when you get here!

CONFIRMED
  1. RJM
  2. kithkin
  3. BackItch
  4. MICH
  5. JIN
  6. Preston
  7. DEAN
  8. Mariownage
  9. NEAT
  10. xpiritflare

UNCONFIRMED

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
and a note to hopefully everyone, [becuase there seems to be a lack of it] there's no need to worry about insulting alex for kirbyciding, i do yell at him and call him names etc all the time about it. he's a pain, and hasn't killed himself over the insults so i assume he doesn't care.
Conversely, if I were in Alex's shoes, every complaint about a Kirbycide seems like nothing more than a reason to celebrate with a "Mwahahah!! You see! Kirby doesn't suck!!....sorta."

kithkin

Smash Champion
this is me confirming for next time.

although if not a problem i may be slightly late, cause theres a family brunch and my family sucks at leaving places on time, despite the brunch being the worst experience ever (horrible parents not caring about their little kids screaming to all hell.) but i have to attend the brunch cause its informally for me. hurrg.

but i will be there!

edit: first confirm!

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Brad learned how to edit!

Im no longer able to provide rides back untill somewhere in june, since my dad is living in saskatchewan as of today =[. i would be really happy if someone else helped me figure out a carpooling plan, i am able to provide the way there for the ones i will attend as far as my knowledge is on the topic, just getting back. i'll be unable to confirm myself untill someone gets back to me on this. this post is directed mostly at the people of the south.

kithkin

Smash Champion
yo, i always knew how to edit, just sometimes it was later on and i needed people to see.

and we can still do it the same way, just between feb 9 and 18 i cant, cause i'll be away. but other than that there shouldnt be much change.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
How are you unconfirmed... don't you... host... it?
*dramatic chord* Dunh dunh DUNH! *the audience gasps*

The plot thickens...

(but seriously, are 'ya giving up Smash? It would be a shame if the man responsible for sparking this dead smash community to life where to quit. Just say'n..)

kithkin

Smash Champion
i seriously doubt it and hope not. i think he was just going with that his luigi did bad for once. and may use YL as a preservative for a while.

thats what i'm hoping it means.

edit: and antonie, they are unconfirmed because they have jobs (i think, this is me speaking for them twice) like chris and mich have things to do, and randall has two jobs in fact, i'm surprised he can even host it.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Conversely, if I were in Alex's shoes, every complaint about a Kirbycide seems like nothing more than a reason to celebrate with a "Mwahahah!! You see! Kirby doesn't suck!!....sorta."
I would, but... I do have a grasp of reality, and I'm not gonna lie like that. He does suck, in both meanings of the word. :laugh:

I'm hoping to get my Doc up to speed in time to try him out at the Next Bi-weekly, as well as fix my Marth. Also, current trend in Kirbycides is demonstrated here.

Kirbycides

______________________________________________Time

So, you may or may not have to deal with the Kirbycides. Of course they'll still be there, but I find Back-air edgeguard kills to be much, much more sexy, a large reason as to why I picked up doc. ;)

kithkin

Smash Champion
alex.

you reminded me, you have footage from the bi-weeklie side tv, if you happen to have some of the random friendlies, i beg of you to wade through them to find my horrific 5 dash attack to f-tit wrong way combo on levi for the kill (and i think win)

i have to see that again.

edit: if it helps at all, i think he was C. Falcon

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Answers-on-my-behalf cause confusion...don't I respond fast enough?

There is no good reason that any of the Pro Impact Players should be unconfirmed but at this point, I just never know what's going to happen.

It is Luigi's name, not mine, that is embossed on that grave stone. My entire Nintendo mantra has been built on Luigi since before some of you were born and at the top of my Smash game, he is by far my strongest character. However, with all of the many challenges associated with running the tournament, as well as the lack of human competition around the house as of late, I find that Luigi just cannot perform in that setting. Don't think that this has anything to do with Luigi "doing bad once" or anything directly related to the tournament games at all. It makes me sad that I have to bury him and I don't want to, but Young Link is fun and Luigi hasn't been fun for years. I don't expect any of you to really understand the personal significance of my little photoshopped image there....just know that it took two hours of staring at it with hesitation for me to come up with the gall to actually post it.

I am a Luigi main in the truest sense of the word and always will be. Many times in the past, my sub-conscious passion for the game has impacted me on the conscious level with unreasonable intensity, but this is the first time I've ever done anything about it.

Let the boy dig; we shall see Luigi again. :luigi:

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I don't expect any of you to really understand the personal significance of my little photoshopped image there....just know that it took two hours of staring at it with hesitation for me to come up with the gall to actually post it.
I'm not sure I fully understand it from your perspective, but I know I've had my own struggles with my character... especially as of late.

As you well know, Kirby is currently the third lowest on the tier list, yet is often proclaimed as worst in the game. As it would seem, people who play the worst character are, apparently, inferior, and I've often been flamed simply becasue of who I play, even when we aren't discussing characters. I remember an old topic about wavedash uses, and I was told my opinion was wrong simply because I play Kirby.

Because of my troubled childhood, I find it hard to simply ignore statements like this, and I often spend times thinking about it to myself, debating giving up smash [Seriously debating it], or dropping Kirby. On occasion I do want to drop him, but I feel that would be 'giving in' to their demands, those, pardon my frrench, *******s that roam this site. Levi, I'm sure you've noticed there are times when I play Kirby a lot, and times when I rarely play him. These are those cycles at work. If you've wondered why I still main Kirby, it's my stubbornness, as well as my determination. I want to be good with him, why? I enjoy him, and I feel a need to prove 'them' wrong, even though I fully know it's impossible to do so.

Randall, I know this isn't close to what you're feeling, but I think it's good to know you aren't the only one who often feels, i'm not sure of what word to use, but 'confused' about this game, and it's community. I think that it's best to give Luigi a rest and come back to him. As the old saying goes, 'absense makes the heart grow fonder', which I think is what you're trying to get at, no? Also, this time with Young Link could make him into a viable option for when you're playing Luigi's counters, unless they're the same for both characters.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
here is a pack of corgis

Young Link is hardcore. Alex are you suggesting that im an *** hole? If so, the only thing I can say in response is that I'll agree to it if say directly at me. Maybe the "Especially as of lately" threw me off, if i'm wrong. but if i were serious every time i said i hate you [no one should ever take "I hate you's" seriously when it's said by levi] why would I so commonly invite you over for smash.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Review his words.

You've misunderstood, Levi, the post has nothing to do with you just as mine has nothing to do with competitive smash and tournament play.

Philosophically, Alex and I play the game in a very different way from you and most others, investing in it emotionally and recognizing the parallels between it and day-to-day life. There are good things that come about as a result of this mentality, but there are also some glaring consequences. He has likely been challenged by these quandaries since well before the two of you even met, and it is unfittingly selfish to suggest otherwise.

Alex:
+rep 20 times over; you know more about your state of the game than I did at your age and I only hope that you're strong enough to not have to one day bury your character too. Whether the skill is there or not, you have the heart of a pro smasher and that is what keeps this community alive.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
ok ok ok. How about a less touchy subject, Alex would you mind saying what some of the friendly matches were [eg brad (falco) vs john (marth)]? I'm sure people would like a friendly uploaded but may not have remembered the match [i can't remember a single thing from them, except when i died from brads dash attack off the bottom lol, unfortunatley im pretty sure that was during 2v2 Brad]

since i don't really know anything about what was recorded alex, do you think you could fish up a match of myself playing as fox? if not that is fine, i can get the dvd from brad tomorrow and im sure my fox hasn't improved since the dvd was made. is this subject mainly directed to those who don't share the dvd's? by all means ignore me if it's suposed to be for others, or if it's a burden.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Well I certainly admire both of you for sticking with your characters.

Coming into Melee from 64 Smash, I had a HUGE attachment to Link, since me and Troy (friend from up north) would play endless battles of Link vs. Kirby. We got so in-tune with our characters and played at such a high level that we didn't play our characters... we WERE our characters. I mearly THINK of a combo and it was preformed just as invisioned.

It was VERY disheartening when Troy and I powered up Melee, picked our regular characters, and started a match. They changed so much that we abandoned Melee and went back to 64. This was before the tier list was even created, so we weren't going off that. They just seemed weaker in our minds, as much as we wished for them to be as awesome as they where.

Even now, I so desperately want to be good with Link or YoungLink, but Peach is just so darn easy to use, it's hard to go back.

kithkin

Smash Champion
hahaha we've all ahd troubles, like i'm sure someone has questioned chad, being a guy who plays a very female character and isnt a 7 year old.

but in case it matters, i am going to point out, my points about your kirby we're jokes and mainly make fun of the people who say that crap.

...hm i'm bad at sentimental, so i bring you my question as of late. Are guns bulletbroof? or moreso, could you use one to protect you, or if you dived under a barrcade, if your gun was poking up, would the enemy be smart to shoot your gun as if to break it?

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
You could use a gun to protect you in a gun-fight as much as you could use a small steel plate. Sure, if COULD save you, but you'll have to be pretty lucky. The shape of the gun makes it even less likely it could protect you, since most angles of attack would likely result in a glancing blow on your gun.

As for shooting the exposed gun of someone undercover, sure. Counter-Strike has taught me that a better solution would be to shoot whatever cover they have at around where you expect thier head to be, but that assumes they're not behind something that's bullet-proof. But hey... that's only a game.

Also, if you shot the guy's gun, you have a good chance of disarming him or at the very least, make his hand hurt like a (peach). Not sure if you hit it well enough to ruin it. Guess it depends on what weapons we're talking about and how lucky you got.

edit: All above information has absolutely no real-life experience to back it up. What can I say? I don't like guns a whole lot.

Also, nobody has questioned me for playing Peach. (and lived to tell about it)

kithkin

Smash Champion
heh fair enough. and counter strike is annoying for its wall shots. you take cover, they unload a clip into your face through the wall.

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
heh fair enough. and counter strike is annoying for its wall shots. you take cover, they unload a clip into your face through the wall.
That my friend, is what we in the biz, call a, "haxzorzing nuub".

EDIT:
By the way, check my new sig. I think it owns. :chuckle:
Yes it does! Who made it?
Well I certainly admire both of you for sticking with your characters.

Coming into Melee from 64 Smash, I had a HUGE attachment to Link, since me and Troy (friend from up north) would play endless battles of Link vs. Kirby. We got so in-tune with our characters and played at such a high level that we didn't play our characters... we WERE our characters. I mearly THINK of a combo and it was preformed just as invisioned.

It was VERY disheartening when Troy and I powered up Melee, picked our regular characters, and started a match. They changed so much that we abandoned Melee and went back to 64. This was before the tier list was even created, so we weren't going off that. They just seemed weaker in our minds, as much as we wished for them to be as awesome as they where.

Even now, I so desperately want to be good with Link or YoungLink, but Peach is just so darn easy to use, it's hard to go back.
Personally I think you should just go with Link and practice with him, while still maining with Peach of course. But way back when I used fox I said to myself one day, "I need a cooler chracter" and there it was, Roy. Now I may have been the crapiest Roy on the face of the planet, but I enjoyed him because he was cooler. That's the same reason went from Falco to Marth. And wil most likely go from Marth to Pit. You have to play with you feel the best when you pull a nice combo. I mean using Falco in combo's is graceful, but I feel like a million dollars when I pull a combo of the same quality with Marth. Just do what feels right. Then again Peach destroyed me =/.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Young Link is hardcore. Alex are you suggesting that im an *** hole? If so, the only thing I can say in response is that I'll agree to it if say directly at me. Maybe the "Especially as of lately" threw me off, if i'm wrong. but if i were serious every time i said i hate you [no one should ever take "I hate you's" seriously when it's said by levi] why would I so commonly invite you over for smash.
No, no. I'm not refering to you, I"m refering to the people on the forum that constantly flame, and whatnot. I never said you were an ***, I simply mentioned you because you were the only one who sees me play regularly, and some days I play Kirby a lot, some times I'm more Marth / Randoms.

Also, nobody has questioned me for playing Peach. (and lived to tell about it)
One of these days, Chad, one of these days. :laugh:

In the mean time, I'm off to learn characters that counter peach. :)

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Alex! you never answered my other post [the one about videos] what's up with that? =P

Guys; whoever wants some smashing soon be available via msn tommorrow, [my address is mariownage@gmail.com] hopefully then we can figure something out!

kithkin

Smash Champion
yeah, make sure you jump on that offer, cause i'll be there and i want to smash aswell.

edit: zomg alex, your favorite kirby power is tornado isnt it, your sig reveals all.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
ok john you were set to busy on msn, so what's going to happen is there's going to be 2 groups, i think i'll try to fit you in with the second smashing if you don't mind?

kithkin

Smash Champion
i personally never liked the giant gun side of it.

like for the game it was great, but for smash it would suck. which is basically the same reason i hate snake being in brawl.

edit: theres other reasons too. but thats one.

Top Bottom