• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
GSC is over rated along with many things. can someone add me to it? i don't trust google software. =]

also i'd like everyperson in the world know that my MKDS emblen owns alex's so hard it's not even funny. if only there was a way i could get it on my computer. i would get a premium account and put it as my avatar.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Hint: The only character that's more of a ***** than Peach... or Marth, I guess, are. :laugh:
I hope it's Sheik, but that would be a stunning leap into the technical game.

GSC is over rated along with many things. can someone add me to it? i don't trust google software. =]
I think that Google software is about the only software you can trust these days.

In any case, I thought that the Global Smasher Compendium was administrator-oriented, in that you can't add yourself. Simna is the guy to talk to about it.

Also, it is most definitely not overrated. These bi-weeklies began with the GSC.

DEAN

Smash Rookie
Hi everybody!

I'm Dean, Randall00's younger brother. I'll likely be there on the 28th, so I just wanted to say a preliminary hello! You may remember me from the Pro Impact films (I'm the one labelled "DEAN" that's always getting my *** kicked).

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Hi Dean, I've heard about you, from Randall [I think], you play as Sheik AND as Zelda? This is just from memory of the videos [I think i remember seeing DEAN above both sheik and zelda].

I never knew the GSC was moderated or whatever, i never really payed a lot of attention to it, i just found calgaries community though an RJM post

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
i look forward to playing you then, Dean.
Why then? And why is it that shortly after reading my edit that you edited this into your own post? Would you not look forward to playing him if he did not play as sheik? Maybe I should play sheik so that you would then look forward to playing me.

kithkin

Smash Champion
levi, i both posted and edited, after you edited. i read your edit. and i realized it was rude of me not to greet dean.

and the 'then' was for then as in when, the 28th.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
I've already apologized, but I thought I would make it clear to the others in the thread. It was not meant to be an attack, and again...I apologize.

DEAN

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I play as both, but I'm still learning the advanced game. Truth be told, I don't even own a 'Cube or a copy of Smash, so look for me to get eliminated in the first round. :)

kithkin

Smash Champion
hahaha, dont assume that, many of the bi-weeklie goers, for the first ones they went to, and some still, didnt/dont have cubes aswell.

like levi you didnt did you? (well broken and crappy one)
and chad right?

and look how well they do.

edit: even i'm an example, like when i went to the red deer tournament i didnt do too bad, despite not touching my smash game for like 2 years.

edit2: wow, both eh? do you ever change your mind in the middle of a match? or like how exactly do you play. and is one of them your main more than the other?

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
hahaha, dont assume that, many of the bi-weeklie goers, for the first ones they went to, and some still, didnt/dont have cubes aswell.

like levi you didnt did you? (well broken and crappy one)
and chad right?

and look how well they do.

It wasn't untill after the christmas bi-weeklie that I finaly got a means to practice the game on my own time (Thank you, Jake!). Untill then, I was practicing only once every two weeks at the tournies themselfs!

Heck! I still can't wavedash or shuffle and I still seem to do well! (untill I got 4-stocked by John, that is...). However, I have been playing Smash on-and-off for nearly 8 years now...

Look forward to facing you in the tourney, Dean!

edit: Added new Smash-Van pic, now with Alex!

kithkin

Smash Champion
hahaha, nice. and i will get you chad. i will get you and your peach eventually.

(at levi's he beat me repeatedly very painfully, both my sheik and falco (by the way chad, which do you think is better on your peach? i think the sheik, but not sure) oh well, i can still beat your YL)

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Chad Chad Chad! In the fine print; will you add in non fine print: to bring a ds if you have one? TETRIS & MARIOKART!...etc

Alex: we all know that I can't play sheik for crap. >=[ But C. Falcon on the other hand....SPEEEEEEEEEED :3

OK OK OK OK OK Guys! I'm sure we all miss 2v2, Teams etc. So i have come to the conclusion it doesn't carry through as a tournament, becuase of one main reason:
WE NEED TO PREDETERMINE OUR TEAMS BEFORE HAND.
This will lead to this such as trash talking, "MY TEAM WILL OWN YOUR TEAM" so people will feel a bigger need to play 2v2. I hope this works.

POST YOUR TEAMS PLZ
I think i should team with alex, we don't do that bad, sorry to riley since i abondend him, but our playstyles don't work well together.

DEAN

Smash Rookie
Yeah, a lot of times I'll switch in mid battle depending on the makeup of the match. I just like to switch it up from time to time for fun.

kithkin

Smash Champion
hm it'll be interesting to play you then. have to figure out two people to beat.

and whaa? we tried that, and i determined it isnt fair when chad and john end up together.
mainly because they dont care who they team with. (i think O_o)

if this is happenening this way, i'll go with whomever, i honestly care very little.

edit: seemingly ince riley has abandoned, i can go with you riley, cause we've done it at levi's and its not that bad of a team.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Predetermined teams mean you actually pick one not just say "whatever." Teams is entirely different from singles there are a lot more aspects then just: "they're better than us in singles so we lose no matter what."

Riley told me he'll go with you, Brad. If Alex doesn't deny my request as a team then:
The teams so far will be
Levi & Alex
Brad & Riley
Color coded ftw.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Just so long as it isn't Brad and Chad's team *****. XD

Just joking, but seriously, you guys *****.

But TBH I'm okay with whoever I go with, so I guess I'm goin' with Levi.

kithkin

Smash Champion
ahaha team ***** was awesome, sheik and peach FTW. we almost had a few 8 stocks there it was hilarious.

i also liked when my sheik took on yours and levis kirbys and chads peach 3 on 1, Freakin hilarious.

all fear the wall of intake!

DEAN

Smash Rookie
I always love a good Team Princess vs. Team Puff battle, as well. :)

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Assuming all the Pro-Impact guys teamup, guess that leaves me with.. oh would you look at that... John!

Finaly... a chance to play with John's Sheik and not get 4-stocked!

Either that, or you could set me up alone with a pair of frequencey-matched wavebirds and I'll own 'yall with a DualPeach setup. It's like playing the Ice Climbers! But not really..

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Ha! Wonder how much damage it'll do if you hold down while inbetween a perfectly synced Dual Peach d-smash.

kithkin

Smash Champion
no what would be worse is juggling them in between, one d-smashes, then other stars when they finish and catches the guy whos flying off to one side. and repeat.

it does have a big enough hitbox you know.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Hmm I just remembered the dual samus team with me Riley had, we were sooooo good, but I think we'll have to save that for friendlies. I guess there's lot's of combinations that could be set up, like Chad and I did pretty well together too [if i remember correctly], when im not kneeing him =3.

GRAAA too many partners to potentially go with. I'm stickin' with Alex till the next one, though. Chad & Levi team is one to ponder about. hmmm =\. God ****it! I can't even finish my post without considering changing my mind, no wonder this is such an issue. >=[

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
BUT THAT'S THE POINT. The main reason teams isn't carrying through is becuase they aren't set in stone. Team Awesome featuring Alex is totally gonna own your team! How's that for trash talk?

kithkin

Smash Champion
i agree with chad. not set in stone.

i actually always liked the pairing we did the first time for teams, like pair them up by first and last, second and second last, that type of thing. it works very well.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Woo! New Highlight reel is up!

This is the second time the reel starts with me getting the first kill of a match without getting touched. Gotta somehow make that an ongoing tradition...

Very nice Nitrocides, Alex.

I love the synced dance'n at 0:50.

kithkin

Smash Champion
man, nice reel.

guh i need to play my sheik some at the next one, that way i can get into the freakin' reel.

edit: i'm much more flashy with my sheik than my falco.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
YOU MISSED THE FREAKIN' POINT. I said it in like my last 4 posts; the reason that there isn't a tournament base for the 2v2's is becuase of the lack of stone set teams.

GRAAAAAAH >=[

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
I think it ilustrates perfectly why a person should NEVER EVER join Kirby near the edge for ANY reason.

He looks all soft and cuddley, but he'll take you down at ANY percent without regard for his own life! A desperate Kirby with nothing to lose is a most deadly foe... *shudder*

Also, I guess that's the advantage of being the person who splices together the highlight reel. You get to pick and choose what clips make it! Bwahahaha...
Luigi's absence is sadly missed, however...

Say, speeking of Luigi... have you seen where Young Link was a couple weeks ago?
I think I saw him go on a rock-climbing trip with Luigi or something. Strange. I hope it dosn't have anything to do with Luigi's sudden absence...

kithkin

Smash Champion
levi, set teams wont nessesarily help, because sometimes its a matter of time, or sometimes its a matter of everyone wanting to or not. or uneven numbers, or chris passing out. or a bunch of things.

i think its more, we all need to force randall into setting it up before hand.

actually, i say randomized teams. and determined before the bi-weeklie/when the singles are found out. that way its always different, and more fun. (i'm totally smart, we have to do this now)

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Sorry Randall, I tried. No one listens to me. At least if I say something; people will speak their mind, instead of agreeing. =/ Like the democracy theory I suppose.

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Assuming all the Pro-Impact guys teamup, guess that leaves me with.. oh would you look at that... John!

Finaly... a chance to play with John's Sheik and not get 4-stocked!

Either that, or you could set me up alone with a pair of frequencey-matched wavebirds and I'll own 'yall with a DualPeach setup. It's like playing the Ice Climbers! But not really..
Yay!
Just don't Dsmash yourself...

Team Awesome featuring Alex is totally gonna own your team! How's that for trash talk?
*cough*
Levi is Team Awesome =]?

Edit: btw Alex... I saw your posts on the nhl boards at gamefaqs =P ... evil!

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Yeah, they [Brad & Chad] were nicknamed team
W|-|0R3
[except not in leet speak] becuase they were being sheik & peach but then I was team awesome. Cleary they are no match for Levi's C falcon, since everyone's screwing my permi-teams idea; wanna join it John? =]

Top Bottom