• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

kithkin

Smash Champion
i'm totally gonna donate, but the amount is uncertain at this point. you'll find out at the bi weeklie.

also, i'm gonna have to check, but i was certain you could get domains for $10, but i'll look into it, those may not have been as great a quality.

and perhaps the shares could be used to buy content, like request a video and use your points to give a more garunteed chance of it.

i dont know, but i can be surprisingly helpful, so if you need anything, ask me.

edit: man long enough post randall. =D

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
I love the idea of betting these Pro-Impact Points in matches. Win or Lose, you know the money is still going to a great cause. Everyone Wins!

Ran out of points to bet with? Donate more!

Wanna spend those points you've jacked from other users? Spend them on stuff like:
- Privilege to request the upload of a particular match!
- Prefered seeding in the next tourney!
- Custom User tag on the Pro-Impact forums!
- Burnt DVD containing all the matches from that tourney!
- Privilge to request that a particular brand of chips/pop appears on my tourney shopping list!
- And many more!

And as a self-proclaimed Smash64 God, this online play interestes me greatly. If you can find them, I highly recomend getting an Adaptiod 64 to USB adaptor. I have two of them, and they work flawlessly. A cheaper solution might be this guy, but I can't vouch for how well they work.

In other, slightly related news: Once Troy comes back down to Calgary and gets trained back up to speed in 64 Smash, we have this running bet that nobody can beat us both in 1v1, no items. $100.00 says so...
So far, nobody has claimed that prize.

Also, as someone with a job and no dept, I'll be happy to contribute a heafty sum to this website. I wish nothing else than to see Calgary's Smash scene flourish.

kithkin

Smash Champion
hey if its free to try, i'll totally take ya on in 64 smash. havnt played it since melee came out though (aside from once or twice) and i wasn't any good then.

yeah this is shaping up very very well. i cant wait.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
100 Dollars? Are you willing to lose that much money? Cus you will, if you're serious. I can dedicate the rest of my life untill that day towards it =P having free time owns.

In other news there's still one seat left in my Vehicle to the Red Deer tournament.

Sorry guys, the picture is huge. =[ Anyways the Claptrap in a barrel represents an empty seat.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Let it be known that I'll be bringing a TV to this upcoming bi-weeklie, however, I'll be unable to bring a wii.

If someone could bring a system with the game and memory card, that would be swell.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Chad: I can bring the cube to every Bi-weekly now, as we have it sitting unused due to our Wii. You'll never have to worry about packing your Wii up again.

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Well, so far (through these tournies) I've been playing my best characters most often.

Today, I shall cast them off! (temporarily) and put the spotlight towards my lesser (but still better (aka, high tier)) characters.

=]

In other words, expect my Peach... <3

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
I'm considering using my first round of every match to give my YoungLink some time in the spotlight.

So expect to see less of that lady in pink.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #8 - RESULTS

SINGLES

1: xpiritflare
2: BackItch
3: Mariownage
4: MICH
5: kithkin
6: RJM
7: Nitrocidal
8: DJT88
9: PKT
10: NEAT
11: DEAN
12: JIN

Highlight reel currently in production...!
(YouTube)

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #9 - Feb. 11th, 2007

We will be hosting our ninth bi-weekly Smash session on Sunday, February 11th, 2006.

"Signed heartily, but I just have to say that Kirby would be top tier in a sex appeal list 'cause he could turn tricks like none other."

pdk, "eye'm not dat dum" - A Guide to Posting and Making Threads in Melee Discussion, 2007

For review:

Date: Sunday, February 11th, 2006

Time: 1:00 PM

Place: #1, 103 Huntington Prk Grn NW

Contact No.: 869-3971

We hope to have everyone around for about 1:00 in the afternoon which will give us enough of a Sunday morning to prepare for everything. As it is in my nature to be a good host, I'll try and see to it that the environment is hospitable and no one is ever dehydrated to the best of my ability. However, you might find yourself thanking some of the original participants for that, as they have been kind enough to bring refreshments in the past. :)

The telephone number above rings straight to my cell phone from a Calgary area code and I accept calls 24 hours a day...even from total strangers...so if you find yourself having nightmares at 4 in the morning and waking up in a cold sweat because you're not sure whether you can counterpick Rainbow Cruise at the next bi-weekly or not, have no fear! Just give me a ring and I'll roll haphazardly out of bed to answer your call. Maybe.

We would like to know who is attending before 1:00 actually rolls around too as well just in case we end up trying to seat 35 people who didn't sign up in one 3-bedroom home.

So, if you would like to attend, please post here. There will be a 16 player cap on our first event (if not all) and I will post the names of the confirmed and unconfirmed attendees below. If you find that all of a sudden it's Sunday and the bi-weekly starts in half an hour but you're still on the "unconfirmed" list, don't even worry about it. Unless we already have 16 confirmed players and another 6 on the waiting list before you, I'm sure we can find space.

If there's nothing else, we'll see you all when you get here!

CONFIRMED
  1. RJM
  2. MICH
  3. BackItch
  4. Nitrocidal
  5. DJT
  6. PKT
  7. DEAN
  8. =]
  9. xpiritflare

UNCONFIRMED

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Confirmed for the next one. TV will also be brought, again.

Additionaly, in preperation for Smash64 online, I'll be purchacing some adaptors that'll allow you to use console controlers on your PC.

Levi and I have done quite a bit of research, surfing different online retailors and reading reviews and have found the Trio Linker to be the best product for our money.

It works for PS2, GameCube and Dreamcast controllers, although it should be noted that it will NOT work with most 3rd party knock-off controllers and will NOT work with Wavebirds. It even supports DancePads! Finaly... I can play Dance Dance Revolution on my PC!

Not only will these adaptors make it possible to play Smash64 well on the PC, but it'll also allow you to play any other game you might have. Considering the high price and low quality of PC controllers, these are by-far the best bang for your buck.

I understand that some of you don't have creditcards and thus, can't buy stuff online. I'm offering to buy as many of these adaptors as we need in exchange for the cash when they are received.

As of right now, ZTNet Store only has 6 of these left, so we'll like to make our order ASAP. I'll even phone them up and see if we can get some kinda bulk discount for buying them out of stock. Seems like they're trying to clear them out anyways...

People who have confrimed are:

1. Chad
2. Levi
3. Riely
4. Randall
5. ?
6. ?

So as you can see... not many spots left.
I'll place the order Tuesday or when we fill enough slots.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Well, so far (through these tournies) I've been playing my best characters most often.

Today, I shall cast them off! (temporarily) and put the spotlight towards my lesser (but still better (aka, high tier)) characters.

=]

In other words, expect my Peach... <3
hahaha, I did this?

yeah i liked this tourney. but I fear i will not be able to attend the next one (for i will be out of the country from the 9th to the 19th) so thats a warning for levi/riley and alex.

oh and chad, i guess i wont be able to get that adapter until i get back either :( , hm when i get back i can deal with all these problems.

and randall, if john will allow it, i would like to request our set, perferably our first, although our second could be good too.

cant wait for the highlight reel. (long post is long)

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I just checked my private messages for the first time in a long time, and found a PM directing me to this thread. I had no idea there was such a community in Calgary.

I'm not sure if I'm able to attend the next event, but I'd like to show interest in the Calgary Smash community. I've been looking for someone capable of beating me for a long time... so far, no one's been able to beat me 5/10 or better. :) I imagine there's someone in this community capable of changing that! I look forward to the challenge and the opportunity to meet more Smash players.

I go to the University (I'm a Masters student there). I live in the deep south (the closest community to me is Shawnessy). I'd be interested in meeting a few people, outside of a bi-weekly setting, just to see how well (or poorly) I stack up to the best players in the city. Maybe we can schedule a meeting somehow with someone who lives near there.

Heh, and all this time, I thought I was the only serious Smash player in Calgary...

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Hiya Infil, glad you checked out the message. Fortunately, your residence and commute are relatively close to both of the "hubs" of the Calgary Smash circuit. The bi-weeklies are hosted in Huntington Hills, not terribly far from the university and the bulk of the smashers who participate all live in the deep south and seem to coordinate mini smashfests of their own on a regular basis.

Chad, I think maybe you can put me down for one of those adpaters. Seems like the last chance I'll have to get something like that so I'll find some way to afford it.

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
and randall, if john will allow it, i would like to request our set, perferably our first, although our second could be good too.
Why would I not allow it? It was a fun match.

Edit: I just remembered about those standings(page 29)... I put my undefeated streak at stake during that last tourney, and what a first set for it to be broken too haha

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, glad to hear that some smashers live in the south. That will make it easier to get together with them.

I'm not sure of any of their schedules, but perhaps we should try to arrange a small meeting sometime this week? For example, Wednesday evening of this week would be a good time for me. To those who live in the south, if you're interested in meeting up to initiate a new smasher, let me know.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
I don't live in the south, but my work takes me across the city. Depending on what time and where, I should be able to swing by and break your winning streak. ;)

kithkin

Smash Champion
make sure i'm included ni this get together, i wanna do some smashing again before i leave.

do you have Msn or something Infil?

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I'm always on MSN. My email is infil12@hotmail.com, though I don't often check that email address. So, Calgary smashers should add me! I'll add people to my list as they request an add from me.

I won't be able to host any smash meetings at my place, but I should be able to meet someone in the south at their place on this coming Wednesday evening, if anyone is free.

I'm looking forward to playing people who actually put up some good resistance for once. :)

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Wednesday? Perfect, I work both today and Tuesday, as well as Saturday, so I'm available Wednesday.

In other news, Conroy is back on the flames.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
On the flames?...
So he's... like... burning? Perhaps on a large, Conroy-sized BBQ?

I'm confused...

What's that you say?
Hockey?

But my Hoc isn't locked...
You're not making any sence.

Now you're just getting vulgar...
No!
Puck you!

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
=] I lol'd @ "...my hoc isn't locked." Did you make that up? Also Chad will you talk to me tomorrow before ordering the adapters?

Infil

Smash Journeyman
The Flames could use Conroy. And we didn't give up much for him.

Nitro, it's good that you can meet on Wednesday. I see you added me to your MSN. Talk to me sometime tomorrow (I should be on in the evening) and we can set up a time and place. Would it be just us two, or would other smashers also join?

EDIT - I see that Mariownage is also interested, as well as Backitch and kithkin (sorry, I don't know your real names yet). I don't know how I read that only Nitro would be around. I know a few people added me to their MSNs tonight, but I didn't talk to any of them so I've forgotten who. Anyone who wants to smash on Wednesday in the late afternoon/early evening, talk to me on MSN on Tuesday night and we'll organize something. We'll need a place to do it, so hopefully someone is able to host.

kithkin

Smash Champion
my bet is wednesday, levi's house, me you, alex, and levi of course, and possible chad, depending on availability, levi's house size, and us wanting to get brutally peach owned.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
To anyone who reads this:

Mini Smashfest at my place. Wendsday, Jan 31st. Starts at 7:00pm. Bring a controller, and a cube+game if you can.

233 Harvest Rose Circle, NE

Multiple TVs will be supplied. And possibly some food too. Just need some warm (smash-enabled) bodies, darnit!

Top Bottom