• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
See! See!! At least somebody likes a Peach player.

The final match was dead silence. Kinda spooky playing like that. It was pretty close too, as all Mitch sets are. (edit: No wait.. that first set Mitch walked all over me. It was pretty brutal. How could I forget the infinite grab?)

The highlight reel should have some pretty funny moments this time. Poor, poor Preston was taught a harsh lesson in fighting Kirby. >.< It was brutal to watch... so much death. The Kirbycide is a pain I know all too well.

Oh, and the double-Marth team on Yoshi's Story... gawd... Quickest. Peach. Death. Ever.
Nice going, Alex and Levi. Give me nightmares.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Peach seems like the best character in the game sometimes, but then I try and play her and realize there is still alot of work put into her.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Oh, and the double-Marth team on Yoshi's Story... gawd... Quickest. Peach. Death. Ever.
Nice going, Alex and Levi. Give me nightmares.
Yeah, you like F-air, F-smash to Tipper? 14 seconds in, 27% damage. LIKE IT? How's it feel to actually die for once? :laugh:

And wouldn't the quickest peach death be, oh, say, 2 deaths, both 0%, within 20 seconds on the edge? ;)

But Mitch and Randall's team "There's three of 'em" took care of us. Unfortunately, we couldn't set up THE CANNON.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Premium
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #10 - Feb. 25, 2007

We will be hosting our tenth bi-weekly Smash session on Sunday, February 25th, 2007.

"Consider me a spokesperson for the Edmonton community. Consider yourself very lucky if anyone from here ever dares come to compete in a Calgary "tournament" again, all thanks to you...."

—MagnuM, Mods, please close this..., 2005

For review:

Date: Sunday, February 25th, 2007

Time: 1:00 PM

Place: #1, 103 Huntington Prk Grn NW

Contact No.: 869-3971

We hope to have everyone around for about 1:00 in the afternoon which will give us enough of a Sunday morning to prepare for everything. As it is in my nature to be a good host, I'll try and see to it that the environment is hospitable and no one is ever dehydrated to the best of my ability. However, you might find yourself thanking some of the original participants for that, as they have been kind enough to bring refreshments in the past. :)

The telephone number above rings straight to my cell phone from a Calgary area code and I accept calls 24 hours a day...even from total strangers...so if you find yourself having nightmares at 4 in the morning and waking up in a cold sweat because you're not sure whether you can counterpick Rainbow Cruise at the next bi-weekly or not, have no fear! Just give me a ring and I'll roll haphazardly out of bed to answer your call. Maybe.

We would like to know who is attending before 1:00 actually rolls around too as well just in case we end up trying to seat 35 people who didn't sign up in one 3-bedroom home.

So, if you would like to attend, please post here. There will be a 16 player cap on our first event (if not all) and I will post the names of the confirmed and unconfirmed attendees below. If you find that all of a sudden it's Sunday and the bi-weekly starts in half an hour but you're still on the "unconfirmed" list, don't even worry about it. Unless we already have 16 confirmed players and another 6 on the waiting list before you, I'm sure we can find space.

If there's nothing else, we'll see you all when you get here!

CONFIRMED
  1. RJM
  2. MICH
  3. BackItch
  4. Nitrocidal
  5. JIN
  6. NEAT
  7. =]
  8. DEAN

UNCONFIRMED

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't dare break my streak of attending every single Pro-Impact Biweekly!
Confirmed.

And happy birthday, Seyasha!

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
I don't, I'm stickin' with falcon. AWWWRRRIGHT

Back to Chad dying really fast [in the double marth on yoshi match], was that recorded? I don't even remember what happened just a lot of c-stick and hilarious peach tipper. Can I request it for highlights if it was recorded? n_n

God ****it, still 4 more days untill Brad is back.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Premium
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact Random Rumble #1 - Feb. 23, 2007

We will be hosting our first CRAZY RANDOM SMASHFESTWHOA!!!!! on Friday, February 23rd, 2007.

"It's a cruel and random world, but the chaos is all so beautiful."

—Hiromu Arakawa, Fullmetal Alchemist, (manga)

For review:

Date: Friday, February 23rd, 2007

Time: 6:00 PM

Place: #1, 103 Huntington Prk Grn NW

Contact No.: 869-3971

Guess what, folks!? The mighty Fox Machine is back in town to blind us all with his mad skillz! :) Having recently schooled some British Columbians here and there, we are more than willing to have him and whoever else wants to come down for a random smashing next Friday night; the Friday before the bi-weekly.

I think 6:00 is a pretty decent time to start in the evening since several people work and go to school and the like. The event can pretty much run as long as anyone can stay. I was thinking of mixing it up by holding two separate single elimination tournaments on two TV's and having the winners of each play for the real final. Or depending on how much time, FOUR single elimination tournaments and then play out the semi-final to determine who fights for the crown. Whatever, I'm open to suggestions, too.

You don't have to make it right for 6:00 either, no pressure or anything. It really is a more casual come-and-go affair. Maybe I'll even shoot for a wider assortment of refreshments depending on how many people can come. Which brings me to my next question...

How many people can come to this? I'd hate to put that much stress on your parents driving up from the south TWICE in one weekend; I'm surprised you're all able to get rides as often as you can, I sure wouldn't have. Not for a video game tournament anyway. :)

How about Infil? Are YOU available next Friday? That would be a good opportunity to get you playing with the Calgary crowd.

So I'll do this confirmed/unconfirmed list-stylez for who can and cannot come, and just post here and let me know if you are able to attend.
Once again, the telephone number above rings straight to my cell phone as well if you are in dire need of the latest information. Feel free to give me a call, 24/7. Mad Pro Impact Customer Service.

And just to add a little coppellini pasta into the mix:

If there's nothing else, we'll see you all when you get here!

CONFIRMED
  1. RJM
  2. MICH
  3. BackItch
    [*][url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=4604]Fox Machine
  4. DJT
  5. PKT
  6. =]
  7. NEAT
    [/url]

UNCONFIRMED

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
I'm a BAD ENOUGH DUDE for this event. If I can only go to the north once this weekend, I might as well make it the one where there's more people attending. Other then that I'll probably make it to both; the Random Rumble and the Tournament.

@ John:
1. Neil is hilarious, and awesome.
2. That's a mean question to ask, when you already know the answer. =P

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Peach is a bad enough dudette to rescue the President, the Prime Minister, the Pope and a Pair of Periled Plumbers, all at the same time.

Yah, I'm totaly there.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Not sure I can make it. The bi-weekly is not going to be possible, that much I know. As for Friday, I will have to wait and see. I played very poorly last gathering, and I haven't played since, so I don't know if I'll feel up to going all the way north just to spend most of the night losing. Heh. I appreciate the invitation, though.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Hrm, I'm not a bad enough dude to make it. Kirby is, however. Anyone is welcome to take out their kirbycide-induced anger on a level nine Blue Kirby, or an empty controller Blue Kirby with my tag in my absense. :laugh:

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
John every one was sandbagging, EVEN ALEX WAS. But since you own me all the time, I'll just say you.

Woo! Brad's home today!

kithkin

Smash Champion
yo everyone i'm bacccck, and hopefully making it to both events.

Peach is a bad enough dudette to rescue the President, the Prime Minister, the Pope and a Pair of Periled Plumbers, all at the same time.

Yah, I'm totaly there.
and chad, the president doesnt need your help, he's fine in his mech suit. (anyone get it?)

kithkin

Smash Champion
oooh oooh randall, for the are you a bad enough dude, if we pull off the 4 tournaments, is should be free for all! WRYYY!

(i am definately kidding, sorta)

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Very off topic; Randall what musical instruments do you play?...The rest of Calgary, same question. I all of a sudden have an urge to play the piano. By the way: What genre of music would Piano/Organ music be titled?

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Premium
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
I would just like to thank Randall for editing my SmashWiki. <3
Haha, you're very welcome, sir! Smashers just aren't properly represented on that thing yet, so it's an ongoing project.

As to what instruments I play, I primarily play guitar, and as such can also play a hack bass guitar. Additionally, I am capable of playing piano/keyboards, though I'm not as good at it as I once was. I can also play the drums. And the clarinet, but I haven't even seen one in years, so whether or not I've retained that skill I know not.

Piano/organ music is not genre-specific. Instruments don't define genres, it's the music structure and notes that you're playing that does. Just as violins are often tastefully used in a lot of the loudest black metal subgenres in conjunction with harshly distorted guitars, a distorted electric guitar can also be seen in orchestral classical scores such a "An American Symphony" by Michael Kamen (which incidentally also features a rock drum beat).

kithkin

Smash Champion
thanks mate.

and by the way, this isnt a direct confirm, but i believe i am coming to both of this weekends events.

kithkin

Smash Champion
oi, lack of rides to both, due to levi and alex both phailing.

but so far i have a ride to the friday one (provided by me) and one way on the sunday one (also me)

everything else, has not been taken up yet.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I played piano for 9 years, and got up to about Grade 8 Conservatory level (though I never took the exam). I also played alto saxophone for 4 years, and could still play it fairly well today I think, though my music reading skill has probably gone down significantly. I'm also huge into music games (as my outdated sig indicates); I've played most every music game created at some competitive level.

In closing, I like music.

kithkin

Smash Champion
aw man, even DDR mario mix? or exceed 2? or disney ddr? or the mario theme dancer crap game.

edit: no the first and last arnt the same, the first is a full game, last is from a different game that was crap.

kithkin

Smash Champion
double post with good reasoning.

i am confirming for both now, and i believe i am also providing everyone else a ride to the friday one ( i'm doing 3 rides of 4 zomg)

and for sunday i believe i have to leave early which sucks, (i believe between 4 and 5)

and randall, or anyone, what time do we believe "are you a bad enough dude" (friday) will go till.

6-___?

kithkin

Smash Champion
meh, its more fun double posting.

plus its more to make sure anyone who cares/could affect it, has anything to add.

and editing like the day after you make a post sucks. means threads too dead.

over 500 pagggggeeeessss!!

Top Bottom