• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

kithkin

Smash Champion
oh definately, newcomers are always welcome.

yeah if you find the videos i'd ike to see them.

and videos mean nothing for skill generally.

edit: aside from like ability to wavedash etc.

also edit: wait, have you done anything competitive before? or just have videos you made?

edit2: found em' http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=78723

i hope you dont mind me linking them. also, do you have Msn?

more edits! you play pikachu? cool

Ermine

Smash Ace
Yes I do have MSN and I did manage to win a "tournament" at my friends house with like 13 other people in which some of them were quite decent... though I won the last match 3-0 out of 5 with Marth, Marth, Pika =D

Edit: Also I have never found someone who can beat me more than 40% of the time... I am usually 80%+ when it comes to most decent people but I don't want to brag... I don't think I am that good... I just find ways to win a lot of the time XD

Edit2: Yea I play Pika! XD And I am getting really good with Marth too XD I would say they are about even right now and I chose whichever I think would give me an advantage XD.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Sweet, Pikachu players coming out of the woodwork. :) Hi Ermine! We'd be happy to have you for the next bi-weekly (which I should really get around to making a post about). Edgemont's actually quite a bit closer than most of the homes of our fair travellers that trudge all the way up from the deep south every two weeks!

Ermine

Smash Ace
Heh Thanks =D I like to be original by using Pikachu but I have seen a lot of people using him =(

Although some people seem to think my Pikachu is like a pinball because of my abuse of Nair.

My Marth is also quite good but I am a Pika fan all the way XD if it comes down to a random match up I will always choose Pikachu =D

kithkin

Smash Champion
thats cause you've only played sid XD

oh yeah, i main Fa-- er, Sheik? i main Shelko.

recently i've mainly been playing sheik though. and what is your msn, if you dont mind me asking

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to the thread, Ermine.

From looking at those videos of yours, I'd say you'll do nicely at these tournies! I'll look forward to playing against 'ya... even if you DO play Marth.

I'll do my best to beat 'ya more than 40% of the time. ;)

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Is there some Smash happening at some person's house on Friday? I'm a little bored and it's been a while since I've hung out with some of the group here. I thought I read something about this earlier, but I might have read wrong (or it might not be an open invitation). If I'm invited and it's in the south, I'll probably find a way to get there tomorrow.

kithkin

Smash Champion
oh, well i did mention someting ast my house and its sunday, but the problem is its full, my parents dont want more than there already is.

oh and *cough* i'm an expert falco *cough* (yai'm totally not, just a falco, and you'll find out why you cant classify me as a normal expertish falco)

but john's got an expert falco, and mich does too am i right?

also, yes with the videos if they show any correctly, you'll be very fun to play.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Yah, as Nitro said, I'm a Peach player. I use a little Young Link when I feel like having fun, but if I wanna win, it's Peach.

And yah... not too many people like Peach... :(

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #11 - Mar. 11th, 2007

We will be hosting our eleventh bi-weekly Smash session on Sunday, March 11th, 2007.

"If I ever become a cop or something, I'm going to have a huge advantage because I know jumping up and down makes you shoot your gun faster."

DDRKirby(ISQ), Has playing Smash hardcore increased your skill in other games?, 2006

For review:

Date: Sunday, March 11th, 2007

Time: 1:00 PM

Place: #1, 103 Huntington Prk Grn NW

Contact No.: 869-3971

We hope to have everyone around for about 1:00 in the afternoon which will give us enough of a Sunday morning to prepare for everything. As it is in my nature to be a good host, I'll try and see to it that the environment is hospitable and no one is ever dehydrated to the best of my ability. However, you might find yourself thanking some of the original participants for that, as they have been kind enough to bring refreshments in the past. :)

The telephone number above rings straight to my cell phone from a Calgary area code and I accept calls 24 hours a day...even from total strangers...so if you find yourself having nightmares at 4 in the morning and waking up in a cold sweat because you're not sure whether you can counterpick Rainbow Cruise at the next bi-weekly or not, have no fear! Just give me a ring and I'll roll haphazardly out of bed to answer your call. Maybe.

We would like to know who is attending before 1:00 actually rolls around too as well just in case we end up trying to seat 35 people who didn't sign up in one 3-bedroom home.

So, if you would like to attend, please post here. There will be a 16 player cap on this event and I will post the names of the confirmed and unconfirmed attendees below. If you find that all of a sudden it's Sunday and the bi-weekly starts in half an hour but you're still on the "unconfirmed" list, don't even worry about it. Unless we already have 16 confirmed players and another 6 on the waiting list before you, I'm sure we can find space.

If there's nothing else, we'll see you all when you get here!

CONFIRMED
  1. RJM
  2. MICH
  3. JIN
  4. NEAT
  5. =]
  6. kithkin
  7. Nitrocidal
  8. Zero
  9. Myth
  10. Koda
  11. Bizzareo
  12. Richard
  13. No Limitz
  14. BackItch
  15. xpiritflare
  16. M
  17. Meh
  18. Hehe

UNCONFIRMED

Rileyzor

Smash Cadet
Riley confirming for the next one, im not sure about levi yet, ill let him speak for himself

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Uhhhhh, yeah i'll confirm.

How come no one mentioned me as an expert falco player? =P. Ermine, is that your first name or no? Anyways, since everyone is introducing themselves and etc; My name's Levi, I don't really have a main character, I'll play most of upper mid tier and above in tournaments, exlcuding peach. I hate peach, play marth against Chad aka Backitch, nuff said.

kithkin

Smash Champion
oh by the way i'm brad, and levi you're not a prof falco, cause you dont really play falco, and it whether it uses skills of cral and such still, i think my falcos pretty even with yours, difficulty wise

which by saying, mich and john are wayy better with falco.

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Peach... You don't wanna play against peach. :ohwell:
I want to play against Peach. I love playing against Peach.

but john's got an expert falco, and mich does too am i right?
Mine's noob. Yes, noob, not newb.

Randall, has anyone actually called you at 4 in the morning, or around that time lol? Oh, and I confirmed myself way back at the previous bi-weekly silly :p

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Aw phooey... Guess I can kiss my winning streak goodbye, if John is gonna be there. :(

Peach will still give it a shot, tho! She never dies....

edit: Confirmed! (in case there was any doubt)

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Welcome, Ermine. I'm Gary. Yeah I don't actually live in Calgary anymore, but we'll have to play each other sometime when I'm back in the summer.

Judging from your vids, I think you'll do just fine in a tourney. That is unless you happen to face a combination of the usual tournament champions (Chad, Mitch, and John) in the first two rounds. Especially John, that kid likes to joke around that his falco is noob. But we all know his falco is on crack.

Ahh in the first video where you rapid A'd him/her between the branches of the tree. That reminds me of a match I had with Sid, an Edmontonian smasher. I tried to repeatedly drillshine him in there, but he turned that around and took my fox past 300% with the rapid A's. I ended up taking the match but I won't be attempting that again anytime soon.

kithkin

Smash Champion
chad, no he didnt make a post to confirm he was unconfirmed, he made a post for post count.

edit: augh i remember that gary.

edit: i won a 1 stock with luigi against levi's fox, in 7 seconds today

7 second 1 stock, pure laugh riot. (i side b off the side to the could, he comes after me, i dash attack and it hits him down for some reason and he dies.)

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
I don't announce everytime I 4 stock someone, in the biweekly thread. Should I start doing that? It won't make a difference to me at all, but I'm sure to others it will.

/Brad thought converted into Levi scenerio. I pick on Brad a lot

kithkin

Smash Champion
hahaha, its not like i am special for it, i just really like the fact that it happened.

and it was complete crap that it happened at all, so i'm not taking/getting credit for anything.

kithkin

Smash Champion
by the way guys, we should be able to fit another person or two, its from 12-between six and eight.

so if you want to come heres some info, my location: 176 River Rock Cres. S.E.

and my phone number (please call before you come if you decide to, because the opportunity may change): 236-2274

thank you.

Bizzareo

Smash Rookie
I will come on the 11th and maybe two friends. I'm having trouble finding the place on google maps. anyone know what station and bus too take?

Bizzareo

Smash Rookie
Nvm i figured it out. i will see who else will come. Btw watch out for my down smash of doom :p Oh yea and Ermine sucks against my peach and my samus. xD

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Another Peach player! Oh, the gods be praised! It's nice to have another person who won't spit venom when I select Peach as my player of choice...

(she's not very well-liked in this circle for some odd reason..)

kithkin

Smash Champion
whats this? ermines friend? the peach? cool.

and i dont not like peach, i just acknowledge the fact she's a *****.

Ermine

Smash Ace
Pine Thompson...

Ummmm I think you mean Pine Marten... and if you looked at my avatar you would know what a Pine Marten is X_X...

Yea anyways Bizz knows I can beat him in almost every match and any character... Why just a few days ago I challanged him to that and he tried to beat me with his Peach while I was Game and Watch but I won and also Bowser in which he was down 3 stock to 1 and he quit XD.

kithkin

Smash Champion
hahaha, nice. but dont get too cocky, people can get better, we all know that, most of us have felt the pain of that.

Bizzareo

Smash Rookie
thats it i'm beating your *** in street fighter : D Btw congrats too meele being added too evo 2007

Ermine

Smash Ace
Hes the one who is cocky X_X... and then after he got angry and challenged me to street fighter in which I had never played on the PS2 and beat him every match X_X...

I don't think too much of myself and it helps me to concentrate while playing... So I don't really need to worry about it now... XD

Top Bottom