• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
I'm definetly bringing my TV and Wii, so we'll have at least one additional setup.

Also, I will be bringing the regular fair of pop and chips. If anyone has any special requests for munchies, make 'em soon!

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Gary told me he will bring his cube and im bringing a tv to go with it. making 3 sets? im bringing poppycock for some sort of snack i hope im pulling my weight =P. i did a little count and i think there is 13 people total.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I'll bring my VCR and 3 blank VCR tapes too, just so, incase people wanted, we could have some recorded friendlies this time around. If people decide it's not necessary, or Not allowed, then we won't set it up, but it'll be nice to have just incase.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
I think it would be challenging to find space for three Gamecube/TV combos, nevermind attempting to set up multiple recording stations, but I suppose if you've got the initiative....

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Wow looks like there are smash players in Calgary after all.
Hey I'm a Calgarian but I goto school in BC. I am in Calgary for the holidays so I definitely want to play some Calgary smashers. Looks like your next tournament is...tomorrow lol. Anyway, if this is a drop in thing, I might be able to attend, and perhaps a friend or two. Let me know, thanks.
Yes, we've just been hiding... especially me and Neil =]

I'll bring my VCR and 3 blank VCR tapes too, just so, incase people wanted, we could have some recorded friendlies this time around. If people decide it's not necessary, or Not allowed, then we won't set it up, but it'll be nice to have just incase.
That would be great!

Edit: I'll be a couple of minutes late because of the bus =P

kithkin

Smash Champion
heh this is gonna be awesome, oh and we'll probably be late too, cause levi left really late, like i'm still at my house now, and from my house to ariport is 30 mins without traffic easily.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #6 - RESULTS

SINGLES

1: lemonlau36
2: Itch
3: Fox Machine
4: MICH
5: xpiritflare
6: Preston
7: Mariownage
8: Jeremy
9: RJM
10: Nitrocidal
11: kithkin
12: NEAT

(YouTube)

The biggest turnout so far also served up the highest level of competition that we've experienced so far at the biweeklies. Special thanks to Sid for coming all the way from Edmonton to feast on our fresh, inexperienced Calgarian blood. ;) Also, a hearty Pro Impact welcome to Gary, the caught-me-off-guard Fox Machine and his two pristinely skilled compatriots, Jeremy and Preston. Look forward to seeing you all again!

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
it was great, wanted more matches with sid though, i'm sure everyone would've. did anyone mention coming back for another one sometime?

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I wanted a little more matches with Chad, Gary, Jeremy, Preston, and Sid. But I'm sure it would've just bored them. Still, it was a great show out. Sure, I only beat Brad / Bye, but still. It was fun. I finally beat John, even though it was rainbow cruise. :p

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Aw common, Alex. Getting killed by Kirby at 0% is never boring! ^^
You always have to keep alert when fight'n Kirby. >.>

It's too bad the standings don't show just how close some of the matches are. Nearly every round I played, I was one hit away from losing the match.

Pleney of pop and chips left over tho, guys! Eat more, dammit!

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Aw common, Alex. Getting killed by Kirby at 0% is never boring! ^^
Well, of course. It's hard to be bored when your pissed off. :laugh: I was doing good in our Peach Marth match, it's a shame we had to cut it short.

Against Kirby, Damage plays less of a factor. You get me up to 150% while taking nothing yourself, and end up tied 0% 0% at the next stock because of a Kirbycide. That's why Kirby isn't bottom of the bottom. He can take a match that he's losing by a stock, and turn it into a one stock lead just like that. I've done it a number of times.

kithkin

Smash Champion
heh awesome turnout, and tons of new people, i think i did good, despite losing the tournament.

my ganondorf > three DK's, well two DK's and a free for all traitor DK.

and i wouldve eaten more chad, but there was too much action

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
I finally beat John, even though it was rainbow cruise.
Yup, grats to you =]

It's too bad the standings don't show just how close some of the matches are. Nearly every round I played, I was one hit away from losing the match.
I got destroyed in the matches I lost lol

Pleney of pop and chips left over tho, guys! Eat more, dammit!
Me and Riley did our part...
<.<;;

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys great games. Yeah we gotta find a way to film it without the lag. I bet I look horrible on tape. I wanna see John's matches though, he whooped me the times we played. On the other hand, I beat Sid 2-1 the match we played afterwards ;)

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Actually you couldn't beat my DK in a 1v1 with ganondorf, I doubt you could beat Mich's either. So how bout you say your ganondorf is > 1 stock of 2 DK's + about 50% damage becuase Alex stole both mine and miches stocks and with them betrayed us. congratulations Brad

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Woohoo, shout-outs!

Chad - Thank you SOOOO much for having me at your place, it was very kind of you to do that for me. You're a great guy and an awesome smasher. Over the weekend you improved significantly, ditching some bad habits and learning some good ones. Many thanks for the seemingly endless matches we had. Hope to see you soon

Mitch - You're the only one I didn't play against, in the tourney and during friendlies. I've heard many many great things about you, so it's sad that I never got to smash with you. Whether I go there or you come here, I'm going to make sure I play against you.

Randall - The amount of effort you put into hosting these bi-weeklies is absolutely insane! The recording setup was excellent, and the whole atmosphere was really nice, especially the Pro Impact lights on the wall! Thank you for setting this up for everyone.

Gary - Oh man, you are the only one who won a match against me. Even if it was after the tourney, it was very impressive. You are definitely one of the top Calgary players. Thanks for the good games.

Preston - Besides Gary, you're the only one who won a game against me. If you two keep playing the way you are now, you'll be sweeping up tournies in no time! It was great getting to know you, and I hope we meet again.

Alex - Alex Alex Alex... Really I have nothing against you, its just fun to bug you about that one time :) I really would have liked to play against you more. I learned quite a bit about Kirby thanks to you. I found myself using a lot of strategies you used once I got back to Chad's and tried Kirby for a bit. Kudos for sticking with a character you actually enjoy playing!

Jeremy - I hope I didn't get you mixed up with Preston... I know I played against you in friendlies, but I can't remember! Maybe you could help me remember which matches I had against you.

Levi - I'll make a funny video just for you if it'll make you happy :) It was nice to see you again after almost 7 months.

John - You're amazing! Technically speaking, I think you were the best one there. Watching your Falco and Marth is very entertaining. It's obvious that you have really refined your play. I'm not sure how you didn't make it to the final! Oh, and next time we meet, try dragging Neil along with you.

NEAT - Sorry, I never really caught your name. On top of that I think we only played against each other once. Next time I'll make sure we have some more matches though

Brad - This may sound odd, but thank you for actually talking to me! Hahaha, I'm a really shy guy, and having a conversation with you made everything seem a bit more unnerving. We had some good matches too!

I hope to see most of you in Edmonton for the May tourney! :D

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
John - You're amazing! Technically speaking, I think you were the best one there. Watching your Falco and Marth is very entertaining. It's obvious that you have really refined your play. I'm not sure how you didn't make it to the final!

Haha, well to be honest, I didn't like the way the seeding worked out at all; it would've been nicer if the Fox Machine crew got to play more than just each other and neither of us Pro Impact Players got to face you in the tournament either. Which is too bad, because I think it might've produced some more interesting results and I would've liked to have had another shot at that 'Chu that didn't involve flubbing my last stock on a clumsy recovery. :)

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Levi - I'll make a funny video just for you if it'll make you happy :) It was nice to see you again after almost 7 months.
Play against the edmonton guys and loosen them up so they don't take it so seriously. that's pretty much a video :lick: YOU NEED TO TEACH ME HOW TO BE GAY WITH C FALCON LIKE THAT, IT ***** SO HARD =] well i pretty much know how but i forget which direction the throw was, the rest is pretty much easily known

if you would be so kind, but yeah it was great to see you againnnnnnnnnnn

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Alex - Alex Alex Alex... Really I have nothing against you, its just fun to bug you about that one time :) I really would have liked to play against you more. I learned quite a bit about Kirby thanks to you. I found myself using a lot of strategies you used once I got back to Chad's and tried Kirby for a bit. Kudos for sticking with a character you actually enjoy playing!
It's good to know that people have either forgiven me, or forgotten. I know I missed some matche, but I'm thinking you took the bi-weekly with Pikachu alone, which i kind of like what I'd want to be able to do. Take most peoples main characters on comfortably with Kirby. I'm looking forward to seeing you again in May.

Hey guys great games. Yeah we gotta find a way to film it without the lag. I bet I look horrible on tape. I wanna see John's matches though, he whooped me the times we played. On the other hand, I beat Sid 2-1 the match we played afterwards
You guys should have told me, I could have set up the VCR so you could have recorded those matches.

Correction: My DK > two DK's who didn't even attack me. C'mon, I did all the work. :laugh:

DJT88

Smash Cadet
Jeremy - I hope I didn't get you mixed up with Preston... I know I played against you in friendlies, but I can't remember! Maybe you could help me remember which matches I had against you.
Hey sid, from the standings, and what I saw, you are the best pikachu I have ever seen, and as for your question about us playing, we never actually had a match, which is a shame. I hope I get to face you sometime because i've never gotten to fight a pro pikachu before. Come back to calgary sometime.
Jeremy
P.S. This is my first post on smash boards :)

DJT88

Smash Cadet
I just want to say thanks to the pro impact crew for hosting the tournament, it was the first/best competitive smash experience that i've ever had even though on tape I will look like a major noob.
I will still be free for the next week so if you guys are planning anything I would be glad to participate.
Hope to smash with you again sometime.
Jeremy

kithkin

Smash Champion
yeah it was very fun guys, good job.

and **** that sheik.

but yeah nice to see new guys come into the mix, and actually do quite well.

and levi, i never said my ganondorf could beat one of yours alone, but you three together it can. (my ganondorf sucks for anyone wondering) (actually my everything but falco sucks)

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Chad - Thank you SOOOO much for having me at your place, it was very kind of you to do that for me. You're a great guy and an awesome smasher. Over the weekend you improved significantly, ditching some bad habits and learning some good ones. Many thanks for the seemingly endless matches we had. Hope to see you soon
I also want to thank Chad for housing Sid, it was definitely awesome to play against him =]

John - You're amazing! Technically speaking, I think you were the best one there. Watching your Falco and Marth is very entertaining. It's obvious that you have really refined your play. I'm not sure how you didn't make it to the final! Oh, and next time we meet, try dragging Neil along with you.
I say Mich is better.
I didn't make it to the finals because of you and Mich hehe...

Happy New Years guys, it's been a pleasure getting to know you all. We'll keep rockin' the Calgary smash scene for this new, fantastic year. God I wish I was not working and slightly... inebriated...
New Years Resolution: Get better at smash xD

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Time for shouts :)

Randall - It's too bad we didnt get to play one another. But from watching your match with Jeremy I could see that you have a very impressive luigi. Thanks for hosting it along with Mitch. You guys are the nicest smash players I've ever met. Mad props for starting the smash scene in Calgary.

Mitch - You're the first good IC player I've played and you lived up to the expectations I had after watching your IC video. Our matches were intense and so close, probably why we each took one. Thanks for the matches and the tourny.

Levi - You helped me actually attend the event so you deserve my thanks for that. I would've liked to have played you more, and not just against your awesomely brave mewtwo.

Sid - I gotta say you are a great player. It truly takes skill to use pikachu so well and with no wavedashes in your game at all. Thanks for the match and for coming down to Calgary. Next time I'm in Edmonton I would definitely want to check out the skilled players there.

Chad - I dunno how but you seemed to have improved during the tournament. You're laid back and thats great. Thanks for beating me so I wouldnt have to face Sid in the finals. And I still do not hate your peach.

John - You seriously have some talent. I thought you wouldve easily taken the thing due to your technical skills alone. Falco, shiek, doc you pretty much beat me in every single way. What can I say, good job.

Alex - Wow you made me fear kirby. Thanks for beating into my head that kirby near the edge = bad. lol. I wonder how you well you play with other characters. Oh wait, didn't i 4-stock your marth? Anyway, you have my respect for sticking with kirby.

Jeremy - It was great seeing you again. Thanks for the good times at your house. You're beating me on a regular basis now, so I can only imagine how good you'll be next time we play.

Preston - Same with your brother, you have improved a lot since we first met. I will be searching for a way to beat your shiek with something other than ice climbers.

To everyone - It was great fun. If you're in Vancouver for whatever reason you're welcome to stay at my dorm :chuckle: (Hope i didnt forget anyone)

kithkin

Smash Champion
i'll translate that

levi + bunch of people including alex were planning something this week/end, yet alex is nowhere to be found so we havnt set it up yet.

oh and when do you leave?

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
What? If You were trying to set something up and I wasn't there, you should have just gone ahead and said 'Screw Alex, he's a ****ing Kirby n00b anyway.'

Top Bottom