• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I'm confirming myself for this upcoming Bi-weekly, by the way.

Anyway, I've got the team results memorized...

1: xpiritflare & Mariownage
2: Myself & Mich
3: Randall & Uber-awesome skilled level nine computer
4: Backitch & Rileyzor

kithkin

Smash Champion
heh, i should confirm for this next one aswell.

but looking forward to replacing the level nine computer, (although supposedly levi might not be able to come)

hm, we know if mich is playing this next one? havnt played him in a while and want to.

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Oh... hey Randall I was wondering if you could possibly upload a match. Me (falco) vs Mich(IC's), the one where I won to be exact >.>;
Sorry for troubling you =P

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Was that on FalcoDestination? I can't remember. Still, I was going to guess that a match of you and Mich would be uploaded even if you didn't ask. They WERE epic, after all.

If Mich is there, I plan to get him down to at least 3 stocks if i face this time around. XD

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Oh... hey Randall I was wondering if you could possibly upload a match. Me (falco) vs Mich(IC's), the one where I won to be exact >.>;
Sorry for troubling you =P
Actually, I intend to post the entire final set of the tournament since there was such a heavy locally-anticipated Mich/John pretense set prior to the tournament. Having watched both sets, the second one is the most exciting and very close right to the final stock.

kithkin

Smash Champion
heh, my goal is to beat mich once. not get hi to three, cause i did that when i first played him, maybe two.

good ol' different playing style, always give me the upperhand on the first match.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I forgot to comment on the Highlights. Awesome job with the video editing, Randall. The part where Riley is recovering matches up to the tune perfectly, as do a few other clips (Can't name them off the top of my head). A lot of great highlights, but it would have been awesome if you used your Mis-fire against peach followed by the one against Jiggs. It has a good mix of both the serious combos, and the Hilarious flubbers that you're aiming for.

Awesome, next week with items? I'm good for anything. I'll try to bring my Cube next week, as well, if Chad brings the TV again. My brother might have opposition to it, though.Also, I'm all for moving the Boxing week / New-years edition of the Bi-weekly to Saturday. Edmonton guys will be showing up, eh? Sounds like we will definitely be exceeding 8 participants this time.

If you do have the extra time, I'd like to put a small request for either Me vs Levi (Mario) on DK64, or Me vs Levi (Fox). However, since it looks like you will be busy (Mich vs John set), then just ignore it. If you do get one up, me and Levi talked about it and the Me vs Him on DK64 was a good match.

heh, my goal is to beat mich once. not get hi to three, cause i did that when i first played him, maybe two.

good ol' different playing style, always give me the upper hand on the first match.
You've played him before. I'm still aiming to beat John (I'm more used to his play style by now.) I'll set beating Mich as a goal once I best John at least once. With the upper hand on first match, I've got the same thing with using Kirby. In my first match against Chris I was doing quite well there first 2 stocks, but then he caught on how to play against Kirby.

On another note: I can now officially do Fox' Drillshine combos to an extent.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
For the next bi-weekly, would it be possible for me to stay at someone's house Friday and possibly Saturday evening? Like... the 29th/30th? I'd need Friday for sure, but I can leave Saturday night if I absolutely have to

Rileyzor

Smash Cadet
Just find an outstanding guy (like Randall) to host tournies and bring people from all over the city together, all in the name of good fun and friendly compition. I'm positive I wouldn't be playing Smash right now if it wasn't for him.

So yah, step up to the plate and people will gather 'round you! Wish you luck in "The Windy City"!
Hats off to randall =)

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
WAIT A SECOND, when is the exact date of the moved bi-weekly? becuase i may not be able to go and that's some uber lame stuff, this time it's some old guys wedding aniversery or something and i don't even know him

kithkin

Smash Champion
aw man, cant wait for this next one. missing one makes it seem like forever.

my goal is to make first, thats right. first.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
For the next bi-weekly, would it be possible for me to stay at someone's house Friday and possibly Saturday evening? Like... the 29th/30th? I'd need Friday for sure, but I can leave Saturday night if I absolutely have to
We have a futon you can sleep on here, if you'll like. You're welcome to spend the night. I'm not far from Randall's either, so it'll make transit easy. PM me with details such as time of arrival if you're interested.

Nothing like opening your house to complete strangers!

kithkin

Smash Champion
heh, my only real hope for that would be that you and mich get eliminated off the bat by some work of god, then i happen to make it all the way up on everyone else, due to them forgetting how to beat me from not playing me last time.

yup, it'll totally happen

(oh and sorry guys, but honestly i choose mich and john because they are the ones i know i have never beaten)

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Jake will be coming this week.

So expect him to be that "act of god" that destroys Mich and John.
Unfortunatly, Kithkin... you too will also be destroyed by that same act. So sorry.

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Anyways, what time do the rest of you get there by?
Because I really don't like getting there by 1, my hands are still numb from the cold which makes me suck in smash =]

kithkin

Smash Champion
wait is that the jake who originally played doc, but now plays everyone? or a different jake?

edit: as it recently occured to me, my hands are wrecked, this will make the act of god even less possible.

woo.

kithkin

Smash Champion
you think me john? well you'll see my hands today, they are like destroyed. (not sure if they'll effect me playing yet, havnt tried, but they hurt and bleed so it sucks.)

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
I'm not gonna be going to this bi-weekly, I need to catch up on sleep (it also doesn't help that I'm going to sleep at 3:30 today lol)

This past week, I've been sleeping around 6 hours or less each day -_-

kithkin

Smash Champion
oh dang, alright john.

oh but i found out my wrecked hands doesnt effect my playing, just hurts and bleeds. so yeah.

and wait, is everyone else coming?

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #5 - RESULTS

SINGLES

1: MICH
2: Mariownage
3: Nitrocidal
4: JIN
5: Itch
6: RJM
7: kithkin
8: NEAT
9: Jake

(YouTube)

For the Christmas edition of Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash, we had red shells, green shells, freezies and starmans set loose upon the stage to wreak havoc for the participants. A fun experiment, no doubt, though I'm afraid we won't be seeing the items again...not yet, anyway. :) Admittedly though, the temptation to put party balls in for the New Year's tournament is rather alluring.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
For this, and likely future highlight reels, if anybody has any suggestions about what clips you think should make it in the show, let me know. With increased attendance, there's a whole lot more matches to sort through and it consequently takes that much longer to find the best footage. So, if you can remember any instances in matches that you think should make the cut, let me know what match it was and I'll try and dig it out. :)

kithkin

Smash Champion
hey, today was awesome, and espite doing horrible i got good matches (too many failures due to suicides)

but yeah i wanna request the full video of our second match. but you knew that :p

oh and for the highlight reel i say from chad v jake i think where they both got starman and repeatedly taunted.

oh and me vs riley when he was pikachu and i grabbed a barrrel and he grabbed me and it exploded and killed him.

nothing else, unless i have something of me doing good.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
For this, and likely future highlight reels, if anybody has any suggestions about what clips you think should make it in the show, let me know. With increased attendance, there's a whole lot more matches to sort through and it consequently takes that much longer to find the best footage. So, if you can remember any instances in matches that you think should make the cut, let me know what match it was and I'll try and dig it out. :)
I believe there was a swallowcide I had on Mich (Or Levi) that people were saying would be a good clip. Or, in the first match vs Levi's Mario, I believe I had a nice edgegaurd on him.

Oh, and the Chad Upthrow "Divine intervention." Also, where you Misfire in your first match against Chad, flying into him kiling him.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
All will be right in this world if I get to see the "Divine Intervention" up-throw again. The highlight reel would be awesome if it was just that throw over and over, as far as I'm concered. ;)

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
i knew i forgot something. oh and carl, not in teams he's not. :chuckle:
Yeah, because he always ends up with the terrible partner *CoughNitroCough*

I of course would like to see the 0% KO on Nitro in our first match. Seems obvious though.
I almost forgot about that. You owned me, then continue raw ownage deep into the next stock. That whole set of matches were suprisingly close, however. At the end of the last one it was whoever gets a stronger hit off first.

kithkin

Smash Champion
oh oh dear god this is a must.

we have to have the beginning of our first match, where we stand there doing nothing, you start dancing, i do a few little things, a jump and i side b off the ledge by accident

oh god that sucked. **** suicides.

Atlus the Dreadnaught

Smash Apprentice
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #6 - Dec. 30th, 2006

We will be hosting our sixth bi-weekly Smash session on Saturday, December 30th, 2006.

"Learn this lesson, that to be self-contented is to be vile and ignorant, and that to aspire is better than to be blindly and impotently happy."
—Edwin Abbott Abbott, Flatland, 1884

For review:

Date: Saturday, December 30th, 2006

Time: 1:00 PM

Place: #1, 103 Huntington Prk Grn NW

Contact No.: 869-3971

The telephone number above rings straight to my cell phone from a Calgary area code and I accept calls 24 hours a day...even from total strangers...so if you find yourself having nightmares at 4 in the morning and waking up in a cold sweat because you're not sure whether you can counterpick Rainbow Cruise at the next bi-weekly, have no fear! Just give me a ring and I'll roll haphazardly out of bed to answer your call. Maybe.

We would like to know who is attending before 1:00 actually rolls around too as well just in case we end up trying to seat 35 people who didn't sign up in one 3-bedroom home.

So, if you would like to attend, please post here. There will be a 16 player cap on this event and I will post the names of the confirmed and unconfirmed attendees below. If you find that all of a sudden it's Sunday and the bi-weekly starts in half an hour but you're still on the "unconfirmed" list, don't even worry about it. Unless we already have 16 confirmed players and another 6 on the waiting list before you, I'm sure we can find space.

CONFIRMED
  1. RJM
  2. MICH
  3. JIN
  4. lemonlau36
  5. Nitrocidal
  6. xpiritflare
  7. kithkin
  8. Itch
UNCONFIRMED

Top Bottom