• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
how do you know bout that? i don't think i told people about some large tv. OH MAH GEAAAAAAAHHHD! in other news confirming myself, and my brother Riley, for december 3rd just like i said something around 11 pages back. Brad is that a problem with our regular carpooling? [having an extra person to provide a 1 way ride for]

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
how do you know bout that? i don't think i told people about some large tv. OH MAH GEAAAAAAAHHHD! in other news confirming myself, and my brother Riley, for december 3rd just like i said something around 11 pages back. Brad is that a problem with our regular carpooling? [having an extra person to provide a 1 way ride for]
Oh, that reminds me, I was supposed to talk to you guys about getting a ride back anywhere FROM the Biweeklies. I can get there, but My Dad has to cook supper at around the ending time for the Bi-weeklies, and it causes issues. So, If I catch you on MSN I'll talk to you about that.

Your video's still coming, nitro. I just bit off more than I could chew in general this week.
Thanks Randall. Sorry for the trouble. I can tell all you guys are busy a lot of the time. Chris with his Job, and sleep. Mich missed the second Bi-weekly for Work, and the third one for something, and I hear he's also really busy. But I hear his job takes up a lot of time. Randall, you're working 2 jobs, aren't you? All that coupled with Putting on these Bi-weeklies and the video editing work you do. It kind of makes me feel bad because of all the work you're doing for the community, to correct my almost killing it with my failed tournament awhile back. I want to find a way to repay you for your work, as well. If there's anything I can hep with, I'd like to help.

I'm able to bring munchies to the next Bi-weekly if you'd like. I can just buy one or two bag of chips on the way up so you guys don't have to spend money on food for everyone.

Anyway, I'm confirming myself again. Sam is Unconfirmed, I'm still teaching him wavedashing, and I want him to get a little better. If he comes and gets destroyed it will crush the little bit of hope in himself he has.

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
I'll confirm myself a couple days before the tournament just so I can see the weather forecast on the day.
You know... since I bus there, don't want to wait in the freezing cold too long ;)

kithkin

Smash Champion
smart john.

also, yeah alex, we can talk about the ride from, i'm sure its possible, just have to figure out how it'll work and everything cause me and levi carpool random ways.

also, what video did you happen to ask for? (not my loss i hope D:)

LeeWanderer

Smash Cadet
Whoa whoa whoa whoa...you have a 50-person Smash tournament tomorrow in Lethbridge and WE don't know about it!? How did this happen!?
Heh, it wound up being 54 people actually, which was 4 over the already-unrealistic goal I'd set for myself. It was a fundraiser for the U of L Political Science Association. I'm defiantly going to do another one in January. A lot of people were asking for a 1 vs. 1, so that's what I'll do. I've got a pretty cool idea for the prizes next time too; I'm going to paint three controllers bronze, silver, and gold, Wavebirds if we get enough people registering to cover the cost. If any of you would be interested in coming down for it I could probably find you a place to stay.

Levi was telling me that you guys are thinking of going to Edmonton in May?

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
All that coupled with Putting on these Bi-weeklies and the video editing work you do. It kind of makes me feel bad because of all the work you're doing for the community, to correct my almost killing it with my failed tournament awhile back.
Haha, well hey, somebody's gotta do it. :) It's just fortunate enough that I've been blessed (primarily by Mich) with the resources to do it. Busy? A little*. But I don't mind so much, so long as everyone realizes that it's pretty much just me putting it all together. Patience is a virtue and all that.

*In case you were curious, I'm also working on this Top Ten Best Moves in the Game video project, a collection of intense high-damage battle sequences on Hyrule Temple for a different sort of video, a Luigi video tutorial on movement and advanced tactics, composing an Ice Climbers ballet for a future video project, plus I'm trying to get around to finishing writing this Luigi SmashWiki article, but between making funny pictures for threads that get closed for no reason, photoshopping Fox McCloud for fun, adding videos to the Complete Luigi Video Omnibus and just generally making long posts that have no impact on the community at large, it's a wonder I have any time to play Smash at all. Perhaps I should just retire and go back to making CD's of instrumental guitar music, writing the sequel to that Harry Potter book I threw together last year and updating Et cetera with more inconsequential drivel for the masses.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
also, what video did you happen to ask for? (not my loss i hope D:)
Me vs John, DK64.

And yeah, I'm planning on getting a capture card soon, and I believe Levi is as well. So we'll be able to take some of the video stuff off your hand. (Well, Calgary vid-wise. Most of the stuff you do is Pro-impact / Bi-weekly related, meaning only you're able to.)

But yeah, if there is any way I can help out, even in the slightest bit, let me know. I've got a lot of free time so I should be able to do something.

LeeWanderer

Smash Cadet
I've found a venue for Lethbridge to hold weekly meets at, and started a thread on it over here. If any of you guys are ever in the area when we're meeting, please feel free to join us and dominate the field utterly and completly. :) You'd be welcome to crash at my place should you need a place to stay while you're down.

ShineSmashShine

Smash Rookie
SSBM BI_WEEKLIES!!!!111one!

Hi!

My name is Corey and atm I live in saskatoon saskatchewan. I may be coming out there (to Calgary) this weekend to see family and I was just wondering a few things about this tourney!

I'd like to start by saying i'm a fairly decent smash player without a community. I envy those of you with a community like this one, because in saskatoon there is virtually no community for it.

Q1) What is pro-impact exactally?

Q2) do you guys have anything planned in the way of attending larger tournies? Maybe as a "team-calgary"?

Q3) when SSBB comes out do you plan to migrate the bi-weeklies into that game?

Q4) Could you sign me up tentatively for the 3rd? I may be able to make it!

Thanks so much for you're time!

-Corey

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
im not one to be representing anything; but

A1) Pro-Impact would be the title of the bi-weeklies hosted at the calgary crew's house every other sunday. The crew is named Pro Impact Players; so that's what it's meant. [im quite certain that is correct] anyways Pro Impact Players cosists of Randall00, MICH, and Atlus the dreadnaught aka Jin.

A2-4) im at no position to answer but im sure randall will soon enough.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Do they have colour TV's in Saskatchewan yet??

Q1) What is pro-impact exactally?
The name stems from an earlier secret alliance of elite humans known as "Impact Players." The organization has evolved rather strangely, but remains secretive (and elite) but if I told you any more details, I would have to kill you. Which is counter-productive with respect to the expansion of the Smash community.

Q2) do you guys have anything planned in the way of attending larger tournies? Maybe as a "team-calgary"?
At the present time, attendance at any tournaments beyond our own bi-weeklies is organized on a person-to-person basis. I can't imagine the headache of trying to have the entire bi-weekly roster travelling around the world as one massive glob of Calgarians. The Pro Impact Players, however, generally plan to attend tournaments together.

Q3) when SSBB comes out do you plan to migrate the bi-weeklies into that game?
No. At least not right away. That game needs to be explored and purged on a single-player basis first, I think. In fact, who knows, we might even have a holiday for a month just to take some time to get used to the new game. Brawl will be a feature at these bi-weeklies, but not enough is known about the game to really give you a definite plan.

Q4) Could you sign me up tentatively for the 3rd? I may be able to make it!
I think I can do that, yep. :)

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
The name stems from an earlier secret alliance of elite humans known as "Impact Players." The organization has evolved rather strangely, but remains secretive (and elite) but if I told you any more details, I would have to kill you. Which is counter-productive with respect to the expansion of the Smash community.
http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/Pro_Impact_Players

Do I have to die now? :ohwell:

Do they have colour TV's in Saskatchewan yet??
XD

At the present time, attendance at any tournaments beyond our own bi-weeklies is organized on a person-to-person basis. I can't imagine the headache of trying to have the entire bi-weekly roster travelling around the world as one massive glob of Calgarians. The Pro Impact Players, however, generally plan to attend tournaments together.
"Quick, Team Calgary! Your assistance is needed! There is a tournament in New York!"
"Alright team, to the Calgary-Mobile!"

ShineSmashShine

Smash Rookie
Awesome! thanks for the answers! Pro-impact sounds pretty awesome, although I thought it was some type of gaming business/community... but i suppose it has become somewhat of a community!

Anyways, I am thinking that I may move to calgary sometime in the months to come.. which would mean lots of smashing etc etc.... but I would have to be able to find (and afford) housing... which could be kind of difficult.

I'm really looking forward to challenging randal's luigi and xpirits shiek! I love good competition and hope I can make it this weekend! I'll let you guys know as soon as possible.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Actually, I believe xpirit mains Falco... Or was it Marth?

Oh, an ShSmSh, Fortunately Calgary real estate prices have stopped growing, and are expected to decrease.

EDIT: On a completely random, yet utterly important note, in approximately 2 hourse and 5 minutes, it will be my Birthday.

EDIT2: At a later date, when I gain considerable amounts of confidence, a capture card, and video editting equipment, I"ll be making a Kirby Combo vide owhen I get the chance. Just a heads up. >_>

Atlus the Dreadnaught

Smash Apprentice
Good work Nitro, and happy birthday guy. It's too bad you foolishly looked up the Pro Impact Players on Wiki, as now I'm afraid your life is forfeit. I'm sorry it's come to that, I hope you can understand the circumstances and such, but certain secret societies remain secret for good reason. Good smashin' With ya!

I was going to write more, but I just can't think of anything to add. Err. See you all sunday I guess.

ShineSmashShine

Smash Rookie
Faclo eh? Hmm that's who I main :laugh: !
Still it would be loads of fun! I think I said this earlier but Saskatoon (where I live) has virtually no gaming community that I have seen so far. I have only met one guy who plays at a level you could call more than 'very casual'. The rest of the Smash players refuse to play me since I'm significantly above their skill level. Needless to say I'm kind of a loan wolf...

I'm even considering driving 6 hours out there every 2 weeks just to play you folks :chuckle:! For now though I suppose I'll just keep up with whats going on there through this site.

I'm thinking I might try mimic this idea for a saskatoon bi-weekly/weekly, see if there is a crowd at all interested.

Until then keep producing those vids! I love the highlights, some of them are just downright funny.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm glad there's people out there that aren't too jaded and stuck-up to appreciate funny moments in Smash, unlike the majority of this online community.

Finaly. Someone who 'gets it'. :p

Hope to see 'ya next week at the tourney! It's always interesting to see other people's play-style.

kithkin

Smash Champion
god ****it another falco, oh well welcome to the group, too bad i wont be able to put you in your rightful place and a no-longer-falco player this sunday

just kidding, although i still hate everyone playing falco, he's mine, ALL MINE!

kithkin

Smash Champion
too many falcos, and john i've found that you can match anyone with basically any character, or at least from what i saw, like when you dont consider sheik in your top 5.

but yeah, honestly, its good competition, and something to work to, so i think its great. (and i like how you dont always play falco like myself, if i'm trying to win)

and ShSmSh, do you have a secondary, or just falco?

ShineSmashShine

Smash Rookie
Hahaha, falco's.

It's too bad too, cause I'm sometimes called a tier ***** or w/e... But i've played fox since SSB64 and I played fox for the longest time in SSBM until I learned about falco's combo-ability compared to fox. Huge combo's just tickle my fancy! Anyways I've played falco/fox since waaaay before I even knew tiers existed! Like day 1 of SSB64!

I always pick the speedy characters in any fighting game.

As for my second it'd either be fox (but I don't like to count that because it's sooo similar to falco) or marth.... I play a decent yoshi but i'm pretty sure it's not as good as my marth. I also play a half decent samus.. I don't really have a solid second actually lol.

I'd likely pick marth if I didn't pick falco though. >< I'm such a tier ***** :laugh: !!

kithkin

Smash Champion
hahaha, no problem, you're not the only one, not to mention i dont believe in tiers, they are stupid and mean nothing.

and carl, you are so on, i'll own you, you're all johns, all johns, you have no skill, i've seen you play, 100% suicides. like i mean come on, you cant even hit someone with Cpt. F's falcon punch.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Dude... I don't understand you Falco/Fox people.

Yah, speed is nice I guess, but those guys are like F-1 racers on city streets! A fireball of wreckage waiting to happen. You blink and you self-destruct.

I'll just contiune to plow people under the dress of my Peach-Tank... slow and steady wins the race!

ShineSmashShine

Smash Rookie
I like Falco because between his SHL, shffl'ing/pillars and shine he's a nonstop barrage of attacks... Put the opponent on a constant defense. I like marth because his range and pacing allow for total control of the fight (if all goes well :chuckle: ).

Good news! Sounds like I'm driving up to Calgary this weekend! Should be able to make it this sunday. Still though, keep me as tentative because anything can happen while traveling... Especially in winter. I'm only out there for sat/sun so if you guys wanted to play some friendlies on sat. I'd be all for that. I don't mean at Randal's (he is busy enough with the biweeklies!) but anywhere really... I'd invite you to where I'm staying but it's all the way out in Airedale :ohwell:.

Msn me if you like! My email is "world-of-warcraft-is-a-feeling@hotmail.com" (yes, I know it's long... No, I don't currently play world of warcraft. I did for 2 years though.)

Msn is a really good/quick way of communicating.. Not to mention I'll need a lot of help on directions etc etc. Hope to see you all this weekend.

kithkin

Smash Champion
yeah i may be able to play for a bit on saturday. that'd be good because i doubt i can come sunday (**** family dinners)

but yeah, i added you to msn (mines midnight_cat@hotmail.com (trust me its more lame than yours))

and yeah, i like falco cause of speed, i'm always a fan of speed, speed is key, and i do know that there are faster characters than falco, but to me he feels the fastest, and i always liked speed because (well in smash its not the same way but) when you can be beatigng on your opponent so quickly they cant even move? thats awesome.

oh and ShSmSh, mind if i ask how old you are? (for comparison reasons, and if i do something on saturday, my parents like to know the crowd (oh and i laughed when my mom worried about randall being a drug dealer, that was funny)

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
but yeah, honestly, its good competition, and something to work to, so i think its great. (and i like how you dont always play falco like myself, if i'm trying to win)
Are you talking about me? If you are, it's because I like variety.
And it doesn't hurt for all of you to practice against those characters too, because most of you tend to stick with a select few.

Yah, speed is nice I guess, but those guys are like F-1 racers on city streets! A fireball of wreckage waiting to happen. You blink and you self-destruct.
That's the plan! >=)

but yeah, i added you to msn (mines midnight_cat@hotmail.com (trust me its more lame than yours))
Both of yours are =) .... oh wait, mine is too xD

Hope to see you all this weekend.
Hope to see you too! :cool:

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Are you talking about me? If you are, it's because I like variety.
And it doesn't hurt for all of you to practice against those characters too, because most of you tend to stick with a select few.
I play Kirby, Link, Mario, Marth, Doc, Falcon and Pika (Kind of). I'm looking into Falco, Samus and Luigi, as well.

Still, Kirby ftw.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
This is entirely true, as it helps expand your general knowledge of the game. It's worth learning what each character is capable of. However, in reference to sticking with a select few....that's what you do when you're reppin' Luigi proper. :)

kithkin

Smash Champion
yeah john i was talking to you, and you're right and thats why i like it

and to add a point, with you and levi now (well this next thing is levi only) spamming falco when you play me since he's the guy i never play against (hate playing against him) i actually can beat him now

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I challenge Calgary to a money match!

Pick a character other than ness, kirby, and yoshi and I will money match you with it.

That will give you a wide variety of characters to practice against XD

Top Bottom