• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

kithkin

Smash Champion
yeah, i agree, expecsially because i used the fact that we made the tournament badly to put myself into 3rd. (yay for plotholes)

edit: 71 posts, take that chris.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Anyway, it's the bi-weekly results that count. I agree for the not fighting thing, we don't want to destroy the newly revived Calgary scene.

739 posts, btw. Take that Chris and Brad.

kithkin

Smash Champion
lawls you miscounted

and yeah the bi-weeklies result are the actual ones, but even then you cant judge the results, look at how close we are, every time the results change.

edit: also, plus with the improvment you're making nitro, for the next bi-weeklie you'll move from almost last to like first if it keeps going like this.

or maybe if i just use my ice climbers XD

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
No, I posted in another topic after that post. =P

And yeah, I've been "counterpicking" out of the characters I use more. I used Link against YL and Marth instead of my Kirby.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
I'd like to point out that the bi-weekly results don't count for anything either. This hasn't been going nearly long enough for anyone to develop any significant changes in their gameplay, nor do we have sufficient experience against a broad range of characters to accurately determine how we actually fair in steady competitive play.

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
I agree completely.

edit: I was just wondering something about the tourney. About what time do you start singles? and approximately what time did it end at the last one?

Because if I can go, I might only be there just for singles.

Atlus the Dreadnaught

Smash Apprentice
It starts at about 1, everything will be underway shortly thereafter. Depending on turnout and match outcomes, the singles can run from 2 to 4 hours or so I would say. The team tourny at the end is usually pretty fast.

kithkin

Smash Champion
hahahaha john only wants to show up for the thing he's certain he'll win, he doesnt wanna be there when he has a chance to lose.

but in all seriousness, yeah you cant judge the time, we usually get it going once everyones there, maybe a warmup round or two. then teams at the end.

which reminds me, are we still choosing teams? or are we gonna do random teams or ranking based teams? (i personally would think that the random would be best, so that everyone is no a team with everyone at different times, and that way its not always the same people if any one team is always winning)

although choosing teams would be interesting to try.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Jon's initials are JZ, but he's moving off to Peachland for awhile, so we may not see him for a bit.

which reminds me, are we still choosing teams? or are we gonna do random teams or ranking based teams? (i personally would think that the random would be best, so that everyone is no a team with everyone at different times, and that way its not always the same people if any one team is always winning)
As I said, playing with a certain teammate on a regular basis is ultimately more beneficial on the whole. No team is set in stone*, of course, you can always try working with new people. It will likely take some time to determine who you are able to work best with anyhow.

*Especially not the Pro Impact Players teams, which of course, the three of us reserve the right to change whenever we desire. :)

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Randall00 said:
Me @ other site said:
Come on, SOMEONE pick on the bad stuff I did [Nearly everything.] I need constructive criticism to improve. So far, only myself, and Ownie [He's on my MSN] have given me tips.

Someone give me advice... [Preferably if you're good at Smash]
Tell you what, if we capture it on camera, I'll upload a video of your absolute worst loss at the upcoming bi-weekly. :)
Sorry if it came off as Complaining. >_> I'm was trying to get criticism, not demean you in any way.

It's a great video in teh sense that it showed me a lot of my errors and helped my to eliminate them at the meetings at Levi's. I worked on my shorthops, and edgegame, along with the rolling habit. Plus, it's one of me winning, a rare breed.

But what will you do if I don't lose any matches? :o :laugh:

But yeah, I think that would have been the video I requested, only because the swallowcides, and me vs Jake Break dancing competition in there somewhere.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Too me, videos [of oneself] have 2 main uses.

1. To showcase your skill, technique, and maybe even some mindgames.

and

2. To allow self-reflection, and they give you the time to review and point out mistakes you may not have noticed while playing. Allowing you to get better.

kithkin

Smash Champion
rather than edit, i shall double post, hoorah for breakin da roolz

but yeah, it seems i'll be getting tossed around like a ragdoll whe it comes to my team from time to time.

edit: i am now taking bids to be my partner on the 19th.

kithkin

Smash Champion
like two representatives of our best?

uhh the pro impact guys are best known and very good.

if its for best people, john could also be up there, but he hasnt played the pro impact guys.

*my opinions*

edit: but if its just like two people to talk about this type of thing(organize and all that, not actually play for top spots and whatnot), i'd say randall is definately one of them.

(this is from what i've seen)

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Well, if John comes to the Bi-weekly, we'll see what happens there. I haven't seen Neil play, and I've heard Mich is good.

All in all, I'm not exactly sure yet.

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Well, if John comes to the Bi-weekly, we'll see what happens there. I haven't seen Neil play, and I've heard Mich is good.

All in all, I'm not exactly sure yet.
Eh? I'll be there, I'll try my best to get there before 1, probably earlier if I can.

And Neil is better than me, he's also better at facing new people.

kithkin

Smash Champion
sorry for my lack of knowledge, but neils your friend john?

and man i'm gonna be soo out of it at the bi-weeklie.

(different reasons, mainly Wii things)

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Is Neil attending the bi-weekly as well? And did you manage to find a decent mode of transportation for getting here?
I don't think he is. Yeah, I'm just going to bus there.

sorry for my lack of knowledge, but neils your friend john?
Yeah we've been friends since I met him in high school, it's been about 3 years now.
We practiced off each other in ssbm since that time.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
WTB: GCN x1

Say, if anyone gets this before leaving for the bi-weekly this morning, would you be kind enough to pack a Gamecube and a spare copy of Smash? We had a minor catastrophe trying to locate enough copies after we sent Jon packing to British Columbia with one of each in hand.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Wii was fun. I'd say I did better overall.

If possible, may I request a video for upload? the one where I face John on DK64. Even though it was a loss, it was a good video.

kithkin

Smash Champion
heh taking the loss video is always a better choice.

but man did you improve alex, (even though i did see you slowly improve)

but i mean it used to be i'd 4 stock you easily, like easly easily, but now i actually have troubles and when randall posts the data, it will prove i lost to you.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Yeah. You pulled the upset on Levi, and I pulled the upset on you. I suppose it took me a little while to actually get a good style going. But now, I'm much more dominant wiht my Bairs.

Gotta love that Fence of Pain. COmbined with those Nitrocides I'm so well known for. >_>

Link provided just to show you all that yes. It actually exists.

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Wii was fun. I'd say I did better overall.

If possible, may I request a video for upload? the one where I face John on DK64. Even though it was a loss, it was a good video.
Yeah, you did good that match.

Also, I'd like to request a video too, the finals, me vs Chad.

edit: The 2nd match of the set.

Top Bottom