• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I wouldn't mind joining. When is the next tournament?

Although I do live pretty far away, I think I know how to get there.
I don't know if this would be the best route though.

I live on 8th Ave SE at 40th St. So, I was thinking I could take the 57 bus all the way to around 36th St NE and 32nd Ave N, walk a bit, get on the 69 at 32nd Ave N and 12th St E, go all the way to Deerfoot Mall, get on the 32 there and get off at Centre St N, then walk a couple blocks west.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
zzz....RJM sleepy....zzzz....

Hey, xpirit, yes we'd love to have you, but I'm sure I can come up with a simpler way of getting here so you don't have to go through the trouble of walking in the cold November rain so much. :) I'll come up with the most economical transit trip and send it to you in a PM in a bit here. Maybe tomorrow, I am rather tired tonight and I haven't even gotten the videos up yet.

Chad, you and Jake oughta throw together 40 bucks each and pick up a Gamecube one of these days. :) Lord knows you get your money's worth. I recently got an announcement in Smash that said: "You've played 4,995 versus matches! That's about one cent per battle!" Something to that effect, anyway.

I'll check if I've got the video you're looking for, kithkin. I'm having some issues getting the game sound to sync up properly thanks to my lack of proper video encoding knowledge/equipment/ihavenoidea. As a result, we may have match videos with just music. Hopefully I have enough interesting tunes to cover all the videos we'll end up having. :) Either way, my next post will be a Pro Impact 1v1 videos thread.

If I don't pass out. :urg:

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Hey, xpirit, yes we'd love to have you, but I'm sure I can come up with a simpler way of getting here so you don't have to go through the trouble of walking in the cold November rain so much. :) I'll come up with the most economical transit trip and send it to you in a PM in a bit here. Maybe tomorrow, I am rather tired tonight and I haven't even gotten the videos up yet.

Chad, you and Jake oughta throw together 40 bucks each and pick up a Gamecube one of these days. :) Lord knows you get your money's worth. I recently got an announcement in Smash that said: "You've played 4,995 versus matches! That's about one cent per battle!" Something to that effect, anyway.

I'll check if I've got the video you're looking for, kithkin. I'm having some issues getting the game sound to sync up properly thanks to my lack of proper video encoding knowledge/equipment/ihavenoidea. As a result, we may have match videos with just music. Hopefully I have enough interesting tunes to cover all the videos we'll end up having. :) Either way, my next post will be a Pro Impact 1v1 videos thread.

If I don't pass out. :urg:
Awesome, and the bus directions you gave me were spot on, too.

Also, I may be able to pitch in and help you guys (Chad and Jake) Get a cube. But, if you're getting a Wii, all you need is the cube controllers.

Anyway, thanks for working with the videos, I'm looking forward to seeing them. I'm not picky, It isn't the end of the world to me if I can hear the sound effects. :laugh:

Hey John. I believe the next one is on the 19th of November.

Blue_Infusion

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys Sup

Its me BlueInfusion from the GSC. My name is Arvind im 16 and I live in the NE (Monterey Park) I might be coming the the next weekly maybe, not sure yet :ohwell: Anyways yea so ill c yah guysa round someday.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact Biwiikly SMASH #3 - Nov. 19th, 2006

We will be hosting our third bi-weekly Smash session on Sunday, November 19th, 2006.

Now we've got a couple of weeks to see if we can dig up some more people who would be interested in playing.

For review:

Date: Sunday, November 19th, 2006

Time: 1:00 PM

Place: #1, 103 Huntington Prk Grn NW

Contact No.: 869-3971

The telephone number above rings straight to my cell phone from a Calgary area code and I accept calls 24 hours a day...even from total strangers...so if you find yourself having nightmares at 4 in the morning and waking up in a cold sweat because you're not sure whether you can counterpick Rainbow Cruise at the next bi-weekly, have no fear! Just give me a ring and I'll roll haphazardly out of bed to answer your call. Maybe.

We would like to know who is attending before 1:00 actually rolls around too as well just in case we end up trying to seat 35 people who didn't sign up in one 3-bedroom home.

So, if you would like to attend, please post here. There will be a 16 player cap on this event and I will post the names of the confirmed and unconfirmed attendees below. If you find that all of a sudden it's Sunday and the bi-weekly starts in half an hour but you're still on the "unconfirmed" list, don't even worry about it. Unless we already have 16 confirmed players and another 6 on the waiting list before you, I'm sure we can find space.

CONFIRMED
  1. RJM
  2. JIN
  3. Nitrocidal
  4. Mariownage
  5. kithkin
  6. Itch
  7. MICH
  8. xpiritflare

UNCONFIRMED

Extra-Special Notes About This Tournament...with sugar on top!

This is a unique tournament day in that our third bi-weekly happens to coincide with the North American release date for the Nintendo Wii. I don't know how easy they're going to be to get ahold of but if anyone (I seem remember Chad mentioning something about this) happens to be getting one on the day of the bi-weekly...well, how about a bonus tennis tournament courtesy of the bundled Wii Sports!? What better way to finish off an exhausting workout on the Gamecube controller than to flick a remote gently at the TV for a bit? :) So if Chad, or anyone really, is getting a Wii and could be persuaded to bring it along, let me know and hopefully we can all have a rousing first Wii experience!

kithkin

Smash Champion
yeah throw me on the confirmed.

i love the copy and paste things you got going on.

also i like how mich isnt confirmed

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
durrr last time he had work mich might not have his schedual yet. i guess im confirming. will wii sports replace teams or the friendlies after words? chris will you sleep the day before the tourney this time?

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Copy and paste is the only reason to use a computer for anything.

As to the Wii Sports, well we'd have to know if there's even going to be a Wii available first off. Realistically though, how could you play an entire double elimination tournament with this godly machine sitting there the whole time and then still want to play friendlies afterwards? ;)

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
I intend to get a Wii on the release day, but actualy getting one might be a different matter all together! I'll try, but I can't say for sure if I'll be able to get one.

Oh, and throw me on the "confirmed" list! Jake is still unconfirmed. (also, you forgot to change the tourney date when you copy/pasted. It still reads Nov. 5th.)

kithkin

Smash Champion
thats why i laughed, the date never changes.

but yeah, not sure about the Wii, yes it would be awesome to try, but all the little things, and even if we wanetd to, it comes with one controller, we need 4

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
thats why i laughed, the date never changes.

but yeah, not sure about the Wii, yes it would be awesome to try, but all the little things, and even if we wanetd to, it comes with one controller, we need 4
Controllers could be an issue, but still, it would be wicked to get a chance to Wii-it-up. I'm waiting until closer to Brawl to get mine.

kithkin

Smash Champion
waiting until brawl? bah, oh well i guess its better than not getting one. I'm personally not allowed to buy one (wtf?!) until like christmas so whatever.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Well, there are no real Wii launch titles I want, so I'm waiting until later to get one. I'm instead using my birthday funds on DS / Food, and a new hockey stick.

But that's off-topic. Something that's slightly more on topic, I just watched a match of Randall vs levi from, I think it was the Red Deer tournament. It was hard to believe that I got the chance to play you guys [And actually beat Levi's Roy.] You guys looked like super pros. Mind you, I wasn't paying attention to the main matches at the Bi-Weekly either. I kinda drifted off into my thoughts most of hte time when I wasn't playing.

Anyway, this was brought up over MSN, but does anyone else find that when watching videos, the play seems much more fast paced than when you're actually playing? Or een watching others play?

kithkin

Smash Champion
nitro, i said that a long time ago, even at the bi-weeklies in person, it seems soo much faster, but its sorta like that in game with the game thing that probably makes in-game feel slwoer.

edit: YES! thank you so much, the yoshi's story match. even though i lost its easily my favorite. despite dying in like two hits on the first and last stock.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I must say, I performed a lot better today at Levi's than I did on Sunday. Heh, I beat Brad's Falco once (Finally!), ***** his Ganondorf (<_<), and beat his IC's a lot (Just barely though, it was ALWAYS down to thelast hit).I bested Levi in a Link ditto, and I think beat his Fox once in teams. I also beat Levi's brother's Marth, and his Jigglypuff.

I'm geting better, I think. I didn't get any suicides off, though.

But I did come up wit ha new Smash name. =D Nitrocidal. XD

Atlus the Dreadnaught

Smash Apprentice
I might sleep, it depends on whether I CAN sleep or not, as opposed to choosing to. Last time I tried to sleep but ended up lying in bed for about 3 hours wide awake, so I just got up because the thing was starting in like half an hour. Hopefully, if not, I'll suffer through again. Being that I don't get off work until 7am, I either get no sleep or some sleep if I'm lucky. I'm confirmed though, I need people to fear my Roy some day:p

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
The trick is to reset your sleeping pattern the day before and go to bed when you get home on Saturday morning. That way, if you are able to get to sleep, you'll get up earlier on Saturday afternoon and thus be more tired and able to sleep when getting home on Sunday morning.

Also, if you are unable to sleep when getting home on Saturday morning, it won't be a total disaster because you don't have to worry about playing a Smash tournament until Sunday...

kithkin

Smash Champion
**** you, i want children of mana sooo bad, but i'm not allowed to buy things D:

and nitro, you didnt **** my ganondorf, oh wait teams, riggghht, wait wern't we on the same team, and we were fighing each other? 3on1 on levi and levi didnt hit anyone and won. heh.

but yeah you're definately getting better, you beat my IC's (twice, and a half i think) and those are annoying as hell because i mainly use them to be fun and wait for them to make the move (when not really being serious) and then hit them with the other one they cant hit.

also, to anyone wondering i also owned many people many a time, so despite nitro doing much better itwasnt dominated by him, it was all around.

(except levi's brother XD)

edit: hmm, do i still have to bring my DS then?

kithkin

Smash Champion
hey, back from levi's little get together, with a newcomer by the name of John (sorry if spelt wrong)

and he just dominated, he didnt technically lose a match at all. he's gonna be tough in the bi-weeklies.

but we did have a little tournament. and he's the turnout.

1. John
2. Marioownage (levi)
3. Kithkin (brad/myself)
4. Nitro (alex)
5. Backitch (chad)
6. Neat (Riley (levi's brother))
7. bye (Ken)
8. bye (Carl)

kithkin

Smash Champion
oh i also forgot to mention, alex did have to leave early, so this result is by default, so his spot actually couldve been different, but he was basically stuck with a tiebreaker which i used statistics to break.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I dunno how the bracket worked out, but I won, then advanced to the First "Finals" of the winners bracket againt John, lost horribly, and then lost in the finals of the losers bracket.

Anyway, I smoked Ken in hte first round. (>___>)

kithkin

Smash Champion
heh we did it wrong, and you left so you couldnt take the finals in the losers, so we wouldve had to have broken a tie between us and you wernt there so it was either tie, or what i actually did use, the statistics, i also used our 30 second match before you left

and i was winning. so i said i won.

i know its not fair, but the tournament was screwed up because of a bunch of things, but this works in the way it was horribly set up (and horribly drawn :laugh: )

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
1. John
2. Mariownage (levi)
3. Kithkin (brad)
4. Nitro (alex)
5. Backitch (chad)
6. Neat (Riley (levi's brother))
7. bye
8. bye
why would you post that crap it's not even accurate. the only truth there is john got first. oh and i guessthat i got second.

kithkin

Smash Champion
why would you post that crap it's not even accurate. the only truth there is john got first. oh and i guessthat i got second.
its all completely fact, aside from the desputable finish between me and nitro, but i used previous matches between us to break the tie. (and theres no problem with that :p )

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
I'm quite sure there were no tiebreaker matches yet no one has ties? wouldn't chad and riley be tied for fitfth, & you and alex tied for third? i'd doubt this less if you weren't such a baby about our match btw =P

kithkin

Smash Champion
i wasnt a baby, it was a fair match, and i said it was going to five when we started the first match

edit: and i know it shouldnt have gone to five, but it was like the best match to, and i wanted it to go to five since we were that close.

shut up *wahhhhh*

Top Bottom