• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Thanks for the help, guys. As far as I know, there are no good smashers in my immediate area, so this will definitaly help me. I'm looking forward to playing giving you free wins. :laugh:

Atlus the Dreadnaught

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I happen to have far too many nicknames for my own good, leaves for a confusing air of mystery.... and excess. Definately excess. I should be awake for the coming get together. Should be. I do like to sleep though. Quite a lot.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
sup chris? do you work a night shift? i'd call sleeping past 6PM beyond liking to sleep, or loving to sleep for that matter.

Atlus the Dreadnaught

Smash Apprentice
Yeah guy, i work 9pm to 7am. In all fairness, I didn't go to bed until like 10, so it was only about 8 hours or so, pretty standard. But believe me, I know my taste for sleep is well beyond healthy levels and all, but sleeping is just so.... sweet.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
It wouldn't surprise me if someone came to a Smash tourney, opened up a briefcase, and took out a gold-plated controler.

So no.
I wouldn't object to someone bringing thier own controler.

Also, I've got a friend of mine coming this weekend for the tourney. Name is Jake.
If you could add him to the confirmed list, that'll be awesome.

kithkin

Smash Champion
thats the go ahead, we're now officially waking you up at 2.

also, is there a certain time we have to leave by? i know it starts at 1, but, yeah.

editt: hey whats everyones msn here? i currently only have randall's and levi's

(mines Midnight_cat@hotmail.com) *lameness ensues*

edit again: oh and Levi's is Mariownage@gmail.com

Edit: moar edits!

Atlus the Dreadnaught

Smash Apprentice
c_wong13@hotmail.com be mine. And I swear to god, if anyone comes in my room they best be prepared for a sword to the gut, or a sword to the gut and another sword to teh brains. Me and being woken up by others does not.... lets say.... agree.

All joking aside, I should be up by one as I'm mentally preparing myself. Or, foolishly, I just won't go to bed. It's my last day at work after the tourny, so I can sleep on the job or some crap-na-diddly. I'm freakin' bored.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Yeah, I can get a ride. Just letting all you know.

That, and my Mom's extremely paranoid. My Dad is the one driving me, so it shouldn't be a problem, but it was hilarious. I ask my mom for a drive, and a news special on internet stalkers comes on. :laugh:

Anyway, I'll be there.

kithkin

Smash Champion
heh, that was a pretty good turnout, and i liked the dual tv's, and the doubles afterwords.

i'm looking forward to next week.

(and if you need help picking the highlight, i can help review some videos)

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I must admit, I did better then I thought I would. I've got to work on the massive amount of Self-Destructs I had, though. [Not including the suicides. >_>]

How does the highlight work? How many clips are picked, and how are they picked?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing all the videos. Look at waht happened and all that, and see how I can improve. I'll be working on my combo and Kill game, as well as those Nitrocides I failed at so much.

Well, I suppose the Nitrocides worked okay in the teams at the end. Take out their best player and leave my partner to go to town on the opponent.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #2 - RESULTS

SINGLES

1: Itch
2: Mariownage
3: RJM
4: Jon
5: JIN
6: kithkin
7: Nitrocidal
8: Jake

TEAMS

1: Jon & JIN
2: RJM & kithkin
3: Mariownage & Nitrocidal
4: Jake & Itch

(YouTube)

Somehow we ended up with more time and more people this time around and even squeezed in a quick team tournament and broke all the ties in the official tournament rankings to come up with a more definitive list. Another excellent showing from our itchy friend Chad and I was happy to see nitro-blazer bringing some Kirby action to the house. Look forward to doing it again next time!

To answer your question, nitro, I really just choose the clips based on the most entertaining footage gathered from the evening. The first highlight reel isn't as good of an example of things to come as the second one is.

Also, for future team battles, I suggest coming up with teammates that you play alongside on a regular basis. Then maybe you can even whip up a fancy team name like Chris and I's deadly Roy/Young Link duo, the Low-Tierrible Two! Actually, I just made that up now, but either way, working with another person on a regular basis in team matches will help build your team skills and cooperative synergy in combat. Something to give a little thought, anyway.

kithkin

Smash Champion
thats awesome, i think i might go with Levi, if he's up to it.

but man everyones so close eh? like we play the tournament matches and everything and it shows, but every time who wins switches, like its all so close, thats why i love this, anyone can win.

edit: i now hate the highlight reel, half of them were me getting owned, and i dont have a single kill highlight of my own, or any of me not getting owned in fact.

kithkin

Smash Champion
oh and i just watched highlights one (just now realized it was there) and i like how thats not even an eighth of the stuff he pulled.

oh and nitro, i heard something about us smashing this weekend, (levi mentioned, but he said he may not be able to so) so if you're up to it, give me a shout, i believe you have my e-mail, and we can plan a place and time.

kithkin

Smash Champion
jeez, get Msn fool.

also, actually been talkin to levi some more, it seems this is actually thinking of being a get together of anyone, and almost the same as a bi-weekly, just not on the bi-weeklie date, i dont know so much, ask Levi.

but yeah, basically, i think we're gonna grab anyone who wants to and play this out, and if chris/randall/mich are in, maybe use their house, or at least general equipment if they're up to it, because i believe they have the best selection of housing, equipment etc. for this.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I'll see if it's on my other computer. If it's not, I'll download it there.

Speaking of equipment, about how long until the video's themselves are up? Just wondering, one of my friends wants to see them. That, and by watching the few clips of me in the highlight reel alone, I figured out things I could have done better, so I'd like to review the things I messed up on.

And why does everyone (at other sites) find it so suprising that I main Kirby? He's low teir, sure, but so is M2, and people don't react the same to him...

Oh, and I'm leaving my cell phone at home next time.

kithkin

Smash Champion
oh yeah, i wanna get my chris match come back, i think that was awesome for a tiebreaker, come back 1 stock to 4 to just about win it.

but yeah, that cellphone was funny, and if you dont leave it at home, at least leave it somewhere where youc an answer it.

and people are surprised by kirby, not because he's low tier, but because just nobody plays him, like ever (and generally he sucks, but thats opinionated from person to person (i personally think he's not bad))

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I dunno, I missed the calls.

Anyway, Hopefully I'll meet some of you this weekend. If not, then next one, I plan to win a match for once.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Speaking of equipment, about how long until the video's themselves are up? Just wondering, one of my friends wants to see them. That, and by watching the few clips of me in the highlight reel alone, I figured out things I could have done better, so I'd like to review the things I messed up on.
If we were to post all the videos from each bi-weekly tournament, we would have about 200 matches and nearly fifteen hours of footage by Christmas. The majority of the matches will not be posted, but that said, you can request a certain match/set to be uploaded if you like and I'll do the best I can to splice it into a match video.

However, that process may or may not have to go into effect for the next bi-weekly seeing as I'm pretty sure I already deleted a good chunk of footage after splicing the highlight reel. I'll have to check to be sure.

Either way, I did get three matches that I will be posting and one of them is one of your Kirby matches, nitro, so I'll hopefully have those up tomorrow night.

but yeah, basically, i think we're gonna grab anyone who wants to and play this out, and if chris/randall/mich are in, maybe use their house, or at least general equipment if they're up to it, because i believe they have the best selection of housing, equipment etc. for this.
I'm afraid we'll likely have to pass. It's tricky enough fitting one in every two weeks.

If not, then next one, I plan to win a match for once.
Actually, for the record, I thought you performed very well all in all. We're really not used to playing people who actually do have the same kind of knowledge of the game. I mean, you know things about Kirby that I don't know and previously our competition consisted largely of people who don't understand using the shield. It's quite a step up.

This is also the reason why your character choice is absurd. We just come from such a small competitive scene that it does seem odd. It would be equally surprising to me if you mained Mewtwo. :)

Although, it might be rarer than you think, too. I know that when I'm hanging around in the Luigi forums, talking to the Luigi players and watching all these Luigi videos, it seems like there's a fair number of Luigi mains out there. But no, it isn't so. I haven't met a single other Luigi player in the province since I first posted here.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
If we were to post all the videos from each bi-weekly tournament, we would have about 200 matches and nearly fifteen hours of footage by Christmas. The majority of the matches will not be posted, but that said, you can request a certain match/set to be uploaded if you like and I'll do the best I can to splice it into a match video.

However, that process may or may not have to go into effect for the next bi-weekly seeing as I'm pretty sure I already deleted a good chunk of footage after splicing the highlight reel. I'll have to check to be sure.
Aah, so it's a lot more work than I thought it to be. It's okay, I can just improve while playing

Either way, I did get three matches that I will be posting and one of them is one of your Kirby matches, nitro, so I'll hopefully have those up tomorrow night.

Actually, for the record, I thought you performed very well all in all. We're really not used to playing people who actually do have the same kind of knowledge of the game. I mean, you know things about Kirby that I don't know and previously our competition consisted largely of people who don't understand using the shield. It's quite a step up.

This is also the reason why your character choice is absurd. We just come from such a small competitive scene that it does seem odd. It would be equally surprising to me if you mained Mewtwo. :)

Although, it might be rarer than you think, too. I know that when I'm hanging around in the Luigi forums, talking to the Luigi players and watching all these Luigi videos, it seems like there's a fair number of Luigi mains out there. But no, it isn't so. I haven't met a single other Luigi player in the province since
To be honest, I performed a lot better than I thought I would. I could keep the opponent at a high enough damage, but then, usually ,SDed. Considering the fact that my friends think Mewtwo is a cheap character, and that Peach sucks because she's peach, I wasn't expecting a whole lot from myself.

I was expecting to be repeatedly, well, in this case, 4-stocked.:ohwell:

Mind you, it's better to go in with low expectations and do better than you thought,
than to go in with high, only to be crushed.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'll see you all, most likely, on the ninteenth.

kithkin

Smash Champion
alright thats alright, dont owrry about it, it was only really planned to be at Levi's with like 3 people anywayas, just was wondering if you took any interest.

also, if you happen to have it the one i'm looking for is mine and chris's final tiebreaker match, i believe at yoshi's story, i dont know just the one where i made the comeback (still lost but)

and yeah, we all need to improve something, so really, you're pretty good.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Lookin forward to see some matches. Thinking way far ahead; I asked my brother if he would want to come, but says he doesn't want to miss out on the first day of the Wii, so he says he'll most likely join up December 3rd unless otherwise noted canceled or something urgent comes up. I don't want to make him feel left out or anything, so no hard feelings Brad but i think he'll be my doubles partner, maybe switch it up after he gets used to the scene. but if you want we could team on the 19th, or maybe this weekend you'll get some practise with Alex and want to team with him.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
If any of 'ya wanna add me to your MSN, my MSN is chadtaylor@shaw.ca
Just don't try to e-mail me at that address. It dosn't work anymore.

So yah! Great turn-out at the last bi-weekly! Nice to see alot of new faces there. I like that highlight reel too! Nice picks, Randall. The part at 0:46 where Mario misses a spike, but climbs his way out from oblivion is just awesome! That blew me away when I saw it at the tourney. I didn't know you could do that!

I kinda feel sorry for Jake... getting worked! ;) He really enjoyed the team battles tho, and I agree. Even tho we didn't win, that was a blast. The team-killing... the CONSTANT death via Kirby Inhalation! Good fun.

If you guys want an extra player to practice with whenever, just give me shout. I don't have a Cube of my own to practice on, so the more play-time the better!

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
you can come to my house this saturday if you want, well i would assume so. Brad [kithkin] and Alex [-nitro-] are coming and my brother will probably play, i'm without a cube too, one of the other guys is bringing one

kithkin

Smash Champion
yeah, come if you can chad, the moer the better as long as Levi's house can hold everyone

hm, its a shame we've nothing to record with.

Top Bottom