• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I challenge Calgary to a money match!

Pick a character other than Ness, Kirby, and Yoshi and I will money match you with it.

That will give you a wide variety of characters to practice against XD
Why can't I use Kirby? =[

Anyway, wow, this upcoming Highlight reel will be amazing. XD People were shouting "Highlight reel, right there." All night long.

The teams at the end were fun. I didn't get the chance to swallowcide Chad today, though.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Thank goodness for that. I died embarassingly enough times WITHOUT the swallowcide, thankyouverymuch. ;)

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Teams were definitely fun, hell, the whole day was fun!

Singles was quite interesting, and although it didn't sound like it, I really liked facing Mich. His Ice Climbers absolutely owned. The matches were all pretty close (cept when he destroyed my fox ;) ).

Rileyzor

Smash Cadet
The bi-weekly was great, expect to see me at the ones in the future
Woot for levi's photoshop skills

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
im smart enough to know not to money match carl =] i'll pass, but i will have those over 5000 friedlies you owe me n_n. i guess I coud've mentioned this the first time i edited this, anyways: i had a lot of fun as always. the record has been broken; this was the first tournament that both Randall and i attended where we never had to face each other in singles. In other news i apologize to Mich again for the team DK TK, still down for future team DK rounds perhaps? I could keep going but i have limited room

kithkin

Smash Champion
****, i really wanted to be there, may have been able to help randall rmore thana level 9, but it sucks too cause i heard this was the best one yet, with mich and everything.

and john didnt own everyone !!!

Mich

Smash Cadet
and john didnt own everyone !!!
Actually, John pretty much DID own everyone. :laugh: Statistically, he owned me in a full 50% of the matches we played, and he didn't lose to anyone else. I think we'd both appreciate and benefit greatly from playing with each other more often.

Especially as the gorgeous, intergalactic powerhouse C. Falcon team.

"
SHOW
ME

YOUR
MOVES
"

I will put some practice towards my Falcon game for the first time ever in anticipation of the next bi-weekly.

:bumper::047::bumper:

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
IMO the best of the best matches were after the tournaments. An array of team matches made awesome sets including

Team Jiggs (Randall and Chad) vs Team DK (Levi and Mich) (I believe it ended up Team DK winning)
Team Peach (Randall and Chad) vs Team Falcon (Mich and John) SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!
Team Puffball (Me [Kirby] and Riley [Jiggs]) vs Team Mario bros (Randall [Luigi] and Levi [Mario]) (Team puffball took this one)
Among other random teams and singles.

There should be good highlights, too. everyone all night was just saying "Whoa, highlight reel material right there.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Can someone tell me when the next one is? I'd definitely be willing to travel down to Calgary for a couple of days for some smash. Give me a date and I'll be there... well, considering there's enough notice.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
The next one will be the Christmas edition of Pro Impact Bi-weekly Smash on Sunday, December 17th, so you've got a little over a week. Where do you live, lemon?

kithkin

Smash Champion
week and half half enough notice? we'd love to have ya, as long as randalls house can hold everyone. cause next time there should be a lot of people if everyone expected to come does.

kithkin

Smash Champion
no way, bye's totally gonna take it.

(my actual opinion is that someone ver unsuspected will take it, like alex (sorry alex, but forgive me for thinking you would have a hard time working through john etc.)

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
I'm from Edmonton as well:)

Unfortunately, the 17th is the date of my concert, so I won't be making that one. However, the next one after that should be fair game.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Aren't you one of Neil's friends? Sorry, I can't remember your name, and it's a really easy one to remember too :-\ I played against you at Neil's house. Good times!

I never even noticed that you can put your location as public! I should really drop by here more often.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #4 - RESULTS

SINGLES

1: MICH
2: xpiritflare
3: Itch
4: RJM
5: Rileyzor
5: Mariownage
7: Bye
7: nitro-blazer

(YouTube)

A keen eye will notice that the results of the Team tournament have been omitted. This is because of...umm...well...have you ever pushed the "Delete" button by accident and then when the program asks whether or not you really want to delete this event from your tournament, you don't even think about it and just click "Yes"? That's never happened to me, I was just curious...moving on!

Another terrific show, everybody. I think that the level of competition was much higher this time around, and that's not just because both MICH and xpiritflare showed up. Everyone performed strongly and I know there were probably a whole lot of highlights that didn't make it into the video that probably should have. This one's a little all over the place with respect to previous Pro Impact featurettes; Enjoy!

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #5 - Dec. 17th, 2006

We will be hosting our fifth bi-weekly Smash session on Sunday, December 17th, 2006.

"Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childish days; that can recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth; that can transport the sailor and the traveller, thousands of miles away, back to his own fire-side and his quiet home!"
—Charles Dickens, The Pickwick Papers, 1836

For review:

Date: Sunday, December 17th, 2006

Time: 1:00 PM

Place: #1, 103 Huntington Prk Grn NW

Contact No.: 869-3971

The telephone number above rings straight to my cell phone from a Calgary area code and I accept calls 24 hours a day...even from total strangers...so if you find yourself having nightmares at 4 in the morning and waking up in a cold sweat because you're not sure whether you can counterpick Rainbow Cruise at the next bi-weekly, have no fear! Just give me a ring and I'll roll haphazardly out of bed to answer your call. Maybe.

We would like to know who is attending before 1:00 actually rolls around too as well just in case we end up trying to seat 35 people who didn't sign up in one 3-bedroom home.

So, if you would like to attend, please post here. There will be a 16 player cap on this event and I will post the names of the confirmed and unconfirmed attendees below. If you find that all of a sudden it's Sunday and the bi-weekly starts in half an hour but you're still on the "unconfirmed" list, don't even worry about it. Unless we already have 16 confirmed players and another 6 on the waiting list before you, I'm sure we can find space.

CONFIRMED
  1. RJM
  2. MICH
  3. kithkin
  4. Nitrocidal
  5. JIN
  6. Mariownage
  7. Itch
  8. NEAT

UNCONFIRMED

Extra-Special Notes About This Tournament...with sugar on top!

For the Christmas edition of Smashtastic action, the fine folks at Mothers Against Lack of Chaos have taken legal action and mixed up the rules a bit for this tournament. It will no doubt be make for some cccrrrazzy Christmas combat, because guess what:

ITEMS ARE ON.

Oh, but not just any items, no sir! Father Christmas himself has blessed the mushroom kingdom, the extrasolar Final destination and all lands in between with holiday-themed items. We'll be seeing all your favourites:

• GREEN SHELL!!
  • RED SHELL!!
  • FREEZIE!!

and of course...
  • STARMAN

Hold on to your elven hats and curly-toed shoes, team, we may be in for an upset! :psycho:

Dr.Marioboy

Smash Rookie
Hiya, it's sean, and i was hoping victor and myself, or just I could come to the bi-weeklie after this upcoming christmas match, looks fun = D, hopefully wel'll be able to get ourselves up there and get into the delicious smash-action.
(That christmas theme sounds fun !)

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Absolutely, the more the more the merrier. It's a good thing you mentioned the bi-weekly after this Christmas one, because looking at the schedule, it appears to fall on the 31st of December, New Year's Eve. That's a mighty busy day and considering the distance that some people have to travel to make it down for the bi-weeklies, I forsee a lot of scheduling breakdowns and a potentially not-so-good turnout.

Anybody opposed to moving bi-weekly #6 to Saturday? There's plenty of time, but I may as well bring it up now.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Saturday works great for me! And I'm also confirming myself for next week's bi-weekly.

Since we're throwing normal tourney rules out the window, how 'bout adding the Ice Climber's stage into the rotation? Or is that just too evil? :D

(side note: it's awesome to see interest in this little thing growing so fast and getting people willing to travel many hours to attend!)

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Aren't you one of Neil's friends? Sorry, I can't remember your name, and it's a really easy one to remember too :-\ I played against you at Neil's house. Good times!
Haha you got that right =) (John btw :laugh: )

A keen eye will notice that the results of the Team tournament have been omitted. This is because of...umm...well...have you ever pushed the "Delete" button by accident and then when the program asks whether or not you really want to delete this event from your tournament, you don't even think about it and just click "Yes"? That's never happened to me, I was just curious...moving on!
Now how could that have happened ;)

Another terrific show, everybody. I think that the level of competition was much higher this time around, and that's not just because both MICH and xpiritflare showed up
It was all Mich!

Anybody opposed to moving bi-weekly #6 to Saturday? There's plenty of time, but I may as well bring it up now.
I wouldn't mind that, Saturdays work better than Sundays for me.

(side note: it's awesome to see interest in this little thing growing so fast and getting people willing to travel many hours to attend!)
Many hours huh... yeah those do fly by me...

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Well, for the moment only the bi-weekly after the Christmas one will be on Saturday, I think. We'll see what happens in the future, though.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
im down for either, or. I almost never have plans =] whatever works, if my opinion counts. are stages changed or just the addition of the red green shells, starman and the freeze?

i.eatnoobs

Smash Rookie
Hey Randall, It's Victor, for the upcoming Bi-Weekly after this Christmas one., Sean, possibly my brother Andy, and myself will be attending your Bi-weekly if theres any room for us on that date. lol Christmas one sounds nice though.

kithkin

Smash Champion
ahhahaha, what ever happened to never leaving red deer? oh well it'll be fun to actually play some matches against you guys.

and items sounds weird(yet cool) (seconding levi's question, edit: actually is it only those items or are they all gonna be on?)

and yeah everything sounds good, and you mean saturday the 30th? i'll check, i'm almost certain it'll at least be better than the 31st.

man these are getting to be the big thing now.

i.eatnoobs

Smash Rookie
I'm really not in any posistion to make demands : ), if you're wondering how im posting i brought my laptop to school =
haha Sean funny how your names dr.marioboy and you main with capt.falcon LOL

Top Bottom