• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
god, again. i live SE.

in fact, alex, you are like right in between, If anything i am the only SE smasher aside from people i dont know live in SE.
I always thought you were in the SW with Levi... I've only beeen to your house once, for like, 5 seconds, so I didn't know.

That, and I think Neil and John are SE as well, but I'm not sure.

also, alex, if i wanted to be banned, you'd all go hell to make it there. so trust me this is fortunate.
I know, I was just joking around with my post, just messing with your head. :laugh: I probably should have put JK in the post, though. My bad

To make this post a little more worthwhile:

Character: Kirby, Marth is my Second.
Occupaiton: Customer Service @ Southcenter mall, Segway.
School: E.P. Scarlett
Quadrant: SE. [Brad, I'm pretty far down into the SE... Nowhere near the middle. O_o.]
Tag: NTRO.

Also, I'm saving for a new computer, seeing as all the ones I currently have are pretty substandard, and a better capture card. This doesn't really affect any of you except Levi, myself, Brad and Riley.

kithkin

Smash Champion
oh i was joking around too. but i was pretty sure that you're closer to SW than me. cause your house is like between mine and levis (and a bunch more south)

and seriously chris, what do you go by? atlus, jin? i never know.

and i dont really need to add to my bio, cause i dont have an actual job, and i only play falco any good. although in randoms i will play anything.

oh and my tag is: Kith obviously.

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
hey im seyasha's friend. ive seen some videos. You guys aint bad. I want in. I want to see how my skills stack up against the best in th city. Please add me to the list.

Thanx ^_^
Looking forward to facing you.

That, and I think Neil and John are SE as well, but I'm not sure.
Yes, you are right.

This doesn't really affect any of you except Levi, myself, Brad and Riley.
Why doesn't it affect me?

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Actually, I believe I'm the ONLY SE smasher, unless John and Neil are in SE.
Some of this southeast confusion stems from the fact that Calgary has such a massive southern end. John and Neil (if he does, in fact, exist) live in the SE, yes, but I'll bet they're closer to my house than you guys are. Numerically, John's at 8th Ave SE and you deep south people are sittin' at like...130? It's practically a whole new city. Airdrie's closer.

Character: Kirby, Marth is my Second.
Occupaiton: Customer Service @ Southcenter mall, Segway.
School: E.P. Scarlett
Quadrant: SE. [Brad, I'm pretty far down into the SE... Nowhere near the middle. O_o.]
Tag: NTRO.
Excellent, the more info the better, although I was under the impression that your official "tag," allowing for more than four characters, was Nitrocidal, yah?

and seriously chris, what do you go by? atlus, jin? i never know.
"JIN" is the official Pro Impact tag, but Chris answers to a variety of callings including Atlus, Noodles, The Noodler, The Dreadnaught, SuperDave, etc. You could also try "stud" or...uh...."supahot playa"....or....err...umm..."dude with the beautiful, flowing curly locks."

kithkin

Smash Champion
was the second half of that post done by chris himself? i bet it was.

but yeah enxt one is looking to be just as big, if not bigger than the last one.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Lets make things SUPER complicated and setup another TV/Computer combo to record matches in order to have two tourney TVs going at once! Hurray for complications!

Oh, and Randall... you need to buy a bigger house now. Sorry. That's the way the Smash cookie crumbles.

Also, if I greeted Chris with a "Hey dude with the beautiful, flowing curly locks!", do I get a complimentry punch in the face at no extra charge or my money back?

kithkin

Smash Champion
heh, nitrocidal, NTRO.

mariownage, MWNG

and mine Kithkin, KITH

(only used these three)

now why does levi's look weird.

buddyvishnu

Smash Rookie
I'm slightly new to message boards so... i feel like i should tell yaw'll about myself

Name: Dave (or David. doesnt matter)
Quadrant: SW
Job: Um... Unemployed (more time for smash)
Character: I'm Another falco user

Hoping to do well in the smash tourney

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Making a new post to show off my new sig. I hope it doesn't break TOO many rules. >.> Who knew my name could be so vulgar? Peach sure does look shocked.

Info 'bout myself since everyone seems to be doing it:

User Name: BackItch
GameTag: ITCH
School: Unnecessary (but really... stay in school, kids)
City Quad: NE
Characters: (everyone's favorite!) Peach, YoungLink

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
Making a new post to show off my new sig. I hope it doesn't break TOO many rules. >.> Who knew my name could be so vulgar? Peach sure does look shocked.

Info 'bout myself since everyone seems to be doing it:

User Name: BackItch
GameTag: ITCH
School: Unnecessary (but really... stay in school, kids)
City Quad: NE
Characters: (everyone's favorite!) Peach, YoungLink
Nice sig XD, I'm working on a new one for myself, as well as a crew banner for myself and David, still need a crew name though.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
I can probably bring a tv if there is a need for one. As far as I know Riley and I are confirmed.

And for this introduction thing that's going around;

Username: Mariownage
4 character Tag: MWNG
Occupation: nothing, i'm almost never busy with my own plans, but often im planned in for things i don't wish to attend
School: Henry Wise wood highschool
City Quadrent: South West
Crew: St Albert crew, i used to live there but i moved here in july
Characters Worth Playing: Mario, Bluigi, Peach, DK, C falcon, falco, fox, ness, ice climbers, shiek, young link, G&W, and roy.
But for tournament type stuff: Mario, C falcon, Falco, Fox and Sheik

I've been haveing a hard time sticking with 1 character to do well with, i have no problems with people calling me a tier ***** if i'm being one. Another side note is that i love 2 vs 2

did i miss anything? should we be moving these introductions to our first post in the thread or something? becuase it's only going to be on page xx for so long and im sure no one wants to read everysingle post, most people wouldn't and would probably miss these sort of things

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
did i miss anything? should we be moving these introductions to our first post in the thread or something? becuase it's only going to be on page xx for so long and im sure no one wants to read everysingle post, most people wouldn't and would probably miss these sort of things
I doubt it's necessary. I think it was just a random fad that was brought about, really. That, and some peoples (My) first post is well into the topic.

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
Hey Randal what time would the singles be over? I know that it starts at 1:00, but I have work at 5:00 and I was wondering if the matches would be over soon enough that would allow me to come back to the SW in time. I really want to go D:, seeing as it would be my very first tournment am eager to compare myself to others in the area. I already found out where Levi lives and me and him are pretty close.

kithkin

Smash Champion
uhm, i wont official answer this since you asked randall.

but depending on the turnout of people it could very well be done by then. sometimes its done early enough to do doubles, which i still miss *hint hint*

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
I admit the teams are tonnes of fun, but the singles are taking longer and longer. Between people swaping out thier favorite controlers, not knowning who is 'up' next, and even switching TVs, it's quite the time-sink.

Perhaps the two people who are "on-deck" for the next round should be watching the current round to minimize the delay between matches?

kithkin

Smash Champion
i very much agreee with that statement, or even if not watching it, dont be starting a new match somewhere else. be ready.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
was the second half of that post done by chris himself? i bet it was.
Of course not, it's just undeniably true! ;)

Also, if I greeted Chris with a "Hey dude with the beautiful, flowing curly locks!", do I get a complimentry punch in the face at no extra charge or my money back?
More likely you will be met with an agreeable "Yeah, I know," and then subsequently awarded a medal for being so perceptive.

did i miss anything? should we be moving these introductions to our first post in the thread or something? becuase it's only going to be on page xx for so long and im sure no one wants to read everysingle post, most people wouldn't and would probably miss these sort of
things
Now now, you know me better than that. :) The information will all be compiled and easily accessible to anyone viewing the thread.

yeah the introductions arnt really needed, honestly, people will find out, at the bi-weeklies.
However, this is not necessarily true. People do like to have some idea of the community and members therein that they're jumping into. Not "needed"," no, but the overabundance of information has only been beneficial to us thus far and I don't see that changing.

Hey Randal what time would the singles be over? I know that it starts at 1:00, but I have work at 5:00 and I was wondering if the matches would be over soon enough that would allow me to come back to the SW in time. I really want to go D:, seeing as it would be my very first tournment am eager to compare myself to others in the area. I already found out where Levi lives and me and him are pretty close.
Well, it really depends on the logistics of getting you to work on time. There's really no reason for the singles portion to take longer than it should if you have a ride secured. But if you're stuck on public transit, it would definitely be cutting it close.

Or you could forfeit your first two matches and be outta here by 1:30. :)

I admit the teams are tonnes of fun, but the singles are taking longer and longer. Between people swaping out thier favorite controlers, not knowning who is 'up' next, and even switching TVs, it's quite the time-sink.

Perhaps the two people who are "on-deck" for the next round should be watching the current round to minimize the delay between matches?
"On-deck" is a good idea, I'll try and round everyone up one match in advance next time around. Hopefully we can come up with some more seating as well to allow for maximum viewer comfort.

With regards to the 2v2 tournaments, I think I've managed to devise a way to do it in a quasi-organized fashion. Since we are now prepared to have two TV's for each bi-weekly regardless of attendance, we should be able to run the singles tournament on the main television and the doubles on the auxiliary one. Since team tournaments are quite a bit shorter, it will (in theory) finish before the singles do; this allows us to have a team tournament and have a TV available for casual matches once it concludes.

Mich

Smash Cadet
like the first time i played carl; i invited him to my house and it was like "OMG WE'RE GONNA GET MOLESTED"
I don't think Carl could molest his way out of a paper bag. I'm the scariest, least clean-cut older smasher around here. You younger generation should be wary of anybody born from 1980-86, but I'm the only one who between matches draws nipples on old Tiger Beat photos, smoking, while listening to a loop of the Thundercats theme.

Username: Mich
Tag: MICH
Occupation: Porter, trichome molester, socio/cultural guidepost.
School: College graduate (SAIT, Journalism,) university dropout (UofC, Science.)
Quadrant: NW
Crew: Pro Impact Players, AUPE, Volcano-Worshippers Club.
Tournament Characters: Ice Climbers, Falco.

I'm broke, so I'll be running money match arm wrestling and a floating craps game in the basement next bi-weekly. Unique geology. Don't call the cops -- they will arrest me.

buddyvishnu

Smash Rookie
Yeah, time-wise it may be smart to cut it short for my FIRST tournament.

After my overprotective parents see that there is no harm after my first tourney, I'm sure I'll be able to stay longer for the rest of them.

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Fox machine make plans to come to Edmonton May 5th!

That goes for the rest of you!
Oh crap I've been called out by Carl. Haha
If I am anywhere in Alberta I will try to. But that depends on what I will have going on this summer, which I don't know yet. But yeah I will definitely make an attempt to come out to your tournament.

Edit: where is this new tournament highlights reel?

Edit2: nevermind...found it. Thanks Randall for highlighting me getting owned lol. It was the lag I swear.

kithkin

Smash Champion
yeah i wanna come too, which i pretty much am sure i can make the tournament, but i wanna stick around in edmonton, for the whole weekend like the sunday aswell, cause theres people i wanna see. but of course i know that wont go over well with the whole party-van, seeing as though people have jobs, or things to do i doubt it'll happen.

or maybe if i'm lucky i can bribe them all with a 20 and set them free in west ed.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
I'm broke, so I'll be running money match arm wrestling and a floating craps game in the basement next bi-weekly. Unique geology. Don't call the cops -- they will arrest me.
Hurray for floating craps! Aren't you worried about water-damage?

But really.. .. I might have to take you up on that arm-wrestling bit. I'll bring my wallet.. : [

edit:---

Fox Machine: you can find all the videos at >this< link.

kithkin: If 'ya really need to stay, taking a bus back would be cheaper than a bribe. ^^

kithkin

Smash Champion
nah, i dont 'need' to, thats the problem, its a recreational thing with a friend of mine that i wanna see. trick is bribing is easier, cause i would already have to bribe most people to let me stay, including my parents.

and wherever i would sleep... huh.

edit: and what are you talking about Mich, thundercats is awesome.

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, time-wise it may be smart to cut it short for my FIRST tournament.

After my overprotective parents see that there is no harm after my first tourney, I'm sure I'll be able to stay longer for the rest of them.
Easier done for you then it is for me Dave :urg:. I got's good news and bad news.

Good News: My dad will drive. I may beable to convince my boss to let me work Saturday/Monday instead of Sunday (Yipee). I can come over Friday to practice, MICH I'm coming for you and your Ice Cilmbers >=).

EDIT:
edit: and what are you talking about Mich, thundercats is awesome.
That show sucked, if your gunna get anery beat me in smash ;). If you desperatly want to watch freakishly large cat-humanoids with swords, I suggest rehab.

EDIT2: Oh yeah that bad news >_<. My mom is determinded to foil any fun I want to have in life, and is going to try to convince my dad that Mitch, Alex, Chris, Levi and pretty much anyone attending is a 50 year old child molester all working together to **** me and steal my wallet. Not like it matters my wallet only has $12.56... suckers XD.

Atlus the Dreadnaught

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I totally spaced out on any referance to me. Kith, for referance, I have about ten nicknames all told, all of which were given to me so I'm not some guy who just makes new names for himself and forces others to call me them. Atlus came from Randall, the Dreadnaught from the Interceptor (long-ish story, martial arts whoo!) and Super-Dave from Earls. Beyond that, it's more fun to hear the stories in person. Hell, I even have Smiles as a nickname, one I constantly forget I have. Only two hot girls from Earls call me that though, which is too bad :p

Mr Itch, I would probably hug you if you called me that, but only because i'm comfortable with my sexuality. If you take it any other way, the punch may have to come then, haha~ otherwise Randall pegged it.

kithkin

Smash Champion
hahaha but thundercats is soo easy to make fun of. its like korgoth of barbaria, except you laughed because korgoth (kargath?) of barbaria was funny. thundercats you laughed because it was stupid.

and hah chris, nicknames are always good, i have a few myself, some i'd rather not disclose though.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Good to know!
I could hang my medal for "Being so Preceptive" next to my "No Shiţ Sherlock" award and "Captain Obvious" trophy.

Good to know people are comfortable with thier sexuality. I work with people who just can't seem to stop with the gay "jokes". It makes you wonder after a while...

And nicknames bestowed by hot girls are always favorites. Can't say I have many nicknames tho. I think "Chad" suits me just fine anyways.

Atlus the Dreadnaught

Smash Apprentice
And I hear about some kind of crazy arm wrestling tourney? I'm definately game for that, OVER THE TOP, YO!

Username: Atlus the Dreadnaught
Tag: Jin, JInny, JinNoodles, etc. Whatever strikes your fancy :p
Age: Too close to 23, at which point I intend to stop aging.
School: High School, Temp UofC dropout (Biology Dep, W00t. I'm going back though)
Region of City: North West
Crew: Pro Impact Players, Firm believer in Interceptor's Delicious Bacon, Leader of my own Bruce Lee fan club
Characters: The Hero of Time, Errr... the Roy of time? Ganondorf und yah. Prolly only see me play Link though.

I look forward to this arm wrestling showdown! Pushing the limit.

Atlus the Dreadnaught

Smash Apprentice
Come on Kith, you tell me your names, I'll give you the rundown on all the ones I have. It'll be fun...

Yeah d00d, I only joke about gays with my old gay Manager from Spencers, the guy was hilarious, he hit on me all the time. I don't see the problem, it's more fun to laugh about and take in stride.

I totally agree about hot girls and nicknames though. Dish boy and Smiles are the best from earls as they were given by... err.. hot girls.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
EDIT2: Oh yeah that bad news >_<. My mom is determinded to foil any fun I want to have in life, and is going to try to convince my dad that Mitch, Alex, Chris, Levi and pretty much anyone attending is a 50 year old child molester all working together to **** me and steal my wallet. Not like it matters my wallet only has $12.56... suckers XD.
If this sort of thing really becomes an issue that prevents you from attending, your parents are welcome to contact me directly with any concerns. I respect that the idea of competitive video game tournaments in the houses of random strangers are a very generation-specific thing and parent are understandably wary, but mostly because they are just uninformed about what the actual event is.

Edit2: nevermind...found it. Thanks Randall for highlighting me getting owned lol. It was the lag I swear.
No Johns. :) Except him.

Top Bottom