• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Gaming League Toronto- Brawl- 3 DAY EVENT- February 6th, 7th and 8th

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Yeah it really looks like nothing Smash related is happening Friday, I'd much rather just come for Sat/Sun and save the cost of an extra night at a hotel.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Grmo's tourney is on a different day. It's CoT4 that conflicts with this tourney, and it pretty much just looks like those of us who can't get to PA for CoT4 will be the ones attending this.

I plan on also attending Grmo's tourney.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Wait, so we actually have to go all the way down there just to register on Friday then leave? What's the point of that?

Can we just call on Friday to register, anyone know?

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Thats not what I was saying, I looked at Grmos confirmed list and its pretty weak and it looks like brawlers are shying away.

I am trying to get more ppl to come :p

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the confirmed list is really representative of all the people going.
Yeah a few others and I posted but he never added our names or missed us =\, so there's at least 3 more people than on the list.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Wait, so we actually have to go all the way down there just to register on Friday then leave? What's the point of that?

Can we just call on Friday to register, anyone know?
Anyone?

10chars

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I sent some pm's to the staff regarding the registration issues. I'm hoping that we could just go anytime before brawl starts (sat morning), but it will all be clarified soon I hope.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Oh, okay. Got it thanks.

Who's coming to doubles on Sunday? If you ain't coming, comeeeee.

ROCKER09

Smash Cadet
Oh, okay. Got it thanks.

Who's coming to doubles on Sunday? If you ain't coming, comeeeee.
so doubles are sunday, and i assume singles will be completely finished saturday? I most likely can't make it saturday so hopefully i can at least come for doubles on sunday...

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I was starting to reconsider going to this event because this week and next week are extremely busy for me in school. I also have a test on Monday, and it's a long drive back here from Toronto.

But if singles finish entirely on Saturday then that gives me plenty of time to get back before Monday. Is there anyway to get confirmation on this?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
You don't have to register on Friday. I just posted earlier on this page that you can register any time before your event starts. Friday is just the earliest you can register.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Guys, come to doubles too pleeeaaaseee. I don't want it to get canceled, cause they put 2v2 (if enough interest. D: D: D:

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Guys, come to doubles too pleeeaaaseee. I don't want it to get canceled, cause they put 2v2 (if enough interest. D: D: D:
I usually don't have a doubles partner anyway, and I'm probably going to this alone. Zen might come, but we've never even played as a team.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
feeding on scrubs is gay.
I disagree. A tournament full of scrubs is still a tournament; somebody has to win. I'd rather see somebody good win and get the money than see the best scrub beat all the lesser scrubs and start thinking he's good.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
For those who are going: Sorry guys I won't be seeing you there. Lack of interest from my buddies (I really don't feel like driving 3+ hours both ways alone) and other things to do (chilling, playing Smash with my buddies and watching the CoT4 stream) are more appealing...

Also lots of school work for the next 2 weeks

I wasn't sure if I was going to this all along (although I was leaning towards going), but I pretty much decided just 5 minutes ago. Like I said above, I still hope a good player (the best good player) takes all the money from the scrubs.

Soooo I'll see you guys at WUGWAN BREDA and FFYF2 (and maybe Prepare Yourself if he gets the venue).

Iliad

Smash Lord
myself and jaske will prolly be coming to this.

nm. I just realized this is all this weekend. I have to write up a four page lab report for my electrical engineering course. Wtf.

If i can finish my lab report early, I'm coming though.

*ALSO* if i'm coming, i need housing.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Toronto isn't a nice place? What do they think they are, detroit? lol.
True story: I was at a friend's place and he happened to own MK vs DC so I decided to try it for lulz. When I was playing Jax I didn't know any of my moves so I said..."back back square.....YES, I knew the black guy had to have a gun! Detroit represent!"

>_>

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I disagree. A tournament full of scrubs is still a tournament; somebody has to win. I'd rather see somebody good win and get the money than see the best scrub beat all the lesser scrubs and start thinking he's good.
Exactly. If none of us went to this, the scrubs would still think they're good, even though they aren't. Carter and myself did something similar at the UofT tournament. All these guys thought they were so good, yelling across the room for someone to beat them, because noone stands a chance etc. etc. I quietly sat down and quietly 3 stocked them. With my Marth. Then my DDD.

Good stuff :)

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Mikey, JL and I are likely coming to this. Nickcam is still iffy.

Itd be nice for people to post whos coming, to assure im not going to a low-turnout tourney.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
There won't be a low turnout. With Halo 3, GoW2, and GH3 tourneys at the same event I guarantee there will be a bunch of people who see the Smash tourney signups and say "lol I can play that too!" thinking it's a noob event or something because they have no grasp of the depth of the smash community.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Mikey, JL and I are likely coming to this. Nickcam is still iffy.

Itd be nice for people to post whos coming, to assure im not going to a low-turnout tourney.
And with this, we officially have a worthwhile tournament.

I mean, as fun as it would be to just beat down on scrubs, it's a lot nicer to have some real competition :)

Top Bottom