• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
You know what other series got a reboot? Not that I agree with Zero being such, but just incase.

As someone that was at the Tenchi Panel over at a convention a few days ago, this series has multiple timelines, or universes to put it. It shouldnt be hard to layout Star Foxes.

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
jahkzheng jahkzheng I'm not mad or anything. I know what he's doing. He wants her gone, and he doesn't want romance. That's all he says. The way I see it: You don't need to get rid of a character over that. I wanna point out that I also hate Star Fox Command. Unlike him, I have the good sense to blame the writers for it, not a fictional character.

It starts at 25:00

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
I feel as if the only problem that people have with Krystal is the fact that she is an anthro.

If you look any other game that has humans walking around in tribal clothes or some skin tight suit, people( males) will say that's attractive or hot, but since she's a fox, everything suddenly turns wrong. People accuse Krystal of drawing furries to the fanbase when in reality, they always been there and they're just as normal as any of us. People bring how they don't want love in Star Fox, but suddenly you realize that Mario x Peach and Link x Zelda is a thing for most people. Why is Fox x Krystal look down? Because she's an anthro. Apparently, people on the internet are still under the mentality that Furry = Gay and Gay = Wrong but that's not really true. If Krystal was a human instead of a Fox odds are you would see way less hate

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I feel as if the only problem that people have with Krystal is the fact that she is an anthro.

If you look any other game that has humans walking around in tribal clothes or some skin tight suit, people( males) will say that's attractive or hot, but since she's a fox, everything suddenly turns wrong. People accuse Krystal of drawing furries to the fanbase when in reality, they always been there and they're just as normal as any of us. People bring how they don't want love in Star Fox, but suddenly you realize that Mario x Peach and Link x Zelda is a thing for most people. Why is Fox x Krystal look down? Because she's an anthro. Apparently, people on the internet are still under the mentality that Furry = Gay and Gay = Wrong but that's not really true. If Krystal was a human instead of a Fox odds are you would see way less hate
I think what's ironic, and this is in one of the guys screenshots here, one of the opposers said Wolf, Fox, and Falco, was anthro and not furbait like Krystal. If i'm not mistaken to he even disregarded all counterarguments as if his opinion was fact, said counterarguments stating that literally everyone in the entire series is such and that 34 is not a legitimate reason to oppose anyone as even I stated to someone here who tried this.

If that isn't the definition of idiocy then I dont know what is, the fact they still hold this grudge against her like the guy in the video does to this day amazes me, and i'm beginning to get around that point. If he's seriously in his 30s and is still on this, then there's seriously an issue, but you know what I think it may work in our favor, because if say Zero ends up being a flop then they have no reason to blame her other than themselves.

I'm still on about Zero bombing especially now that it's supposedly confirmed that Twilight Princess is coming to WiiU, and based on that list I saw, Star Fox 64 will be added on the WiiU VC, destroying all reason to even buying Zero at all since it's the same game but cheaper.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I think what's ironic, and this is in one of the guys screenshots here, one of the opposers said Wolf, Fox, and Falco, was anthro and not furbait like Krystal. If i'm not mistaken to he even disregarded all counterarguments as if his opinion was fact, said counterarguments stating that literally everyone in the entire series is such and that 34 is not a legitimate reason to oppose anyone as even I stated to someone here who tried this.

If that isn't the definition of idiocy then I dont know what is, the fact they still hold this grudge against her like the guy in the video does to this day amazes me, and i'm beginning to get around that point. If he's seriously in his 30s and is still on this, then there's seriously an issue, but you know what I think it may work in our favor, because if say Zero ends up being a flop then they have no reason to blame her other than themselves.

I'm still on about Zero bombing especially now that it's supposedly confirmed that Twilight Princess is coming to WiiU, and based on that list I saw, Star Fox 64 will be added on the WiiU VC, destroying all reason to even buying Zero at all since it's the same game but cheaper.
Nah, the haters will start saying "the only reason that Zero sold poorly (if it does) that it's only because Krystal wasn't in it so some furries didn't buy the game... Furries ruin everything...". That's when I'll laugh.
And cry... Because how idiotic it would be.

This thread has become a bit negative. It's no fun to talk about some random haters that we already know are mindless drones and, well... dumb.
What have you guys been doing while waiting for some news? Like what do you do to keep your minds from thinking about all this stuff too much? :D I've been playing a lot of my games that have been gathering dust on the shelf. I even finished the much hyped (at least quite a bit mentioned) Solatorobo yesterday. And I was just finishing one other game until my console overheated... right at the freaking end :s.

I'm actually at least glad that the random fake leaks have stopped for now (but they're always there... hidden in the dark... <_<), it's just a bit annoying when those show up, especially because they're always so lame and random xD. So obvious or just have some random "rules" revealed on how the ballot characters are chosen.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
jahkzheng jahkzheng I'm not mad or anything. I know what he's doing. He wants her gone, and he doesn't want romance. That's all he says. The way I see it: You don't need to get rid of a character over that. I wanna point out that I also hate Star Fox Command. Unlike him, I have the good sense to blame the writers for it, not a fictional character.

It starts at 25:00
I didn't sense that you were mad. Maybe frustrated, but talking about Krystal haters can be a frustrating thing. I was just discussing the futility of trying to reason with someone that isn't interested in "reason" in this case. I think we can both agree that it's old news better ignored at this point, at least with the whole "Worst DLC" video thing with Krystal.

Thanks for the link btw. As I expected, this is a video I've seen before, just a long time ago now... before E3. I ended up watching the whole thing just because anyways. It's kind of funny because earlier in the video our Krystal hating friend also states that he doesn't like Next Level Games and one of the other guys jokes it's because he has terrible opinions, heh.

Later on it's clear he has a very basic view as to what a Star Fox game should be. While I don't necessarily think Star Fox should be a soap opera, I do think it needs some depth. Just, like I've said long ago, the game should be low concept writing carried by the characters rather than high concept writing carried by drama and plot.

So yeah, the one guy hates Krystal. It doesn't even really bother me. It's his opinion and at least it isn't totally unfair... he just doesn't like story or romance in his Star Fox I guess. What did bother me a bit, or at least made me a bit sad, was hearing all the great ideas the GameXplain guys were brainstorming. One guy even said he'd be happy as long as it wasn't Star Fox 64 HD since the demo clearly was. But it basically is. No multiplayer or awesome co-op like they mentioned either, at least as far as we can tell. These are just the most obvious things Zero should've had. Wasn't like GameXplain thought of this stuff all on their own. Most Star Fox fans thought of this stuff. People liked the multiplayer from Assault and Assault carried with it a ton of concepts worthy of being expanded on.

Looking back I'm still surprised how underwhelmed I was with Zero this E3. It just didn't deliver 90% of what I hoped it would. I knew there was a chance it would do this, but I gave the odds as being low. Nintendo's E3 in general was super underwhelming. All these GameXplain predictions were hoping for too much apparently and setting bar too high. The irony of the Metroid prediction, lol.

Yeah, now I sound all downery. Sorry about that. Even as this video reminded me of what didn't happen, it was still nice to revisit something from that time. Interesting to see the video and think about how it all turned out. Just, you know, hoping for better luck than that was, in the future.

But hey, Zero might yet deliver stuff that we don't yet know about. I hope that's part of what the delays has been about. And of course there's still much to hope for from Smash.

I don't think it's an issue with "gay", though I suppose it could be for some, as ridiculous as that is. We are talking about ridiculous "logic" after all. Even so, I doubt that mentality is really hung up on a homosexual association of all things. I think Furry = Wrong is more likely bridged by the fact that were talking about "animal people". The idea of "nonhuman" attraction is more taboo than homosexuality for the most part to most people. In one case, we're talking about something that exists in society, but in the other we're talking about something that only exists in deviant fantasies. Not to mention, the idea that people would use "gay" as a reason to not like a hetero anthro relationship seems a bit backwards. If the "gay" part of gay furry stuff was the issue than you'd think hetero furry stuff would be more acceptable. The real issue is the fact that anthros aren't quite human and some find that gross. In their minds it's more like Furry = Beastiality = Wrong.

Last edited:

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice

Apparently if you wanna be fur bait you need to be female and a fox, oh wait that's wrong to. I did my searching and whatever people like furries like as well. People just use furries as some type of excuse as to why they can't like certain characters

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
Okay like what happened here. When did this become "The Psychic Vixen - Krystal for Smash 4! Help us defeat the haters! AAAAHHHHH!". I understand that we haven't been getting any news recently but is talking about what some nobody haters really all that we have to say? Arguing and complaining about the haters is only giving them more fuel to fire. Trying to convince them otherwise is not an option. The people who say they've begun to see a different perspective on the character were people who were already relatively neutral to begin with. Haters will always be there and they're unfortunately something that'll never go away. You guys have to remember the risk you were taking when you decided to support this character and that was dealing with the inevitable hate from other people. Getting angry about it isn't helping us at all.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Edgy is right.

Let's say if Krystal came with a stage, what song would you like to hear remixed into smash? I unfortunately don't see us getting any type of thing related to adventures. Is there anything adventures related in smash?

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Edgy is right.

Let's say if Krystal came with a stage, what song would you like to hear remixed into smash? I unfortunately don't see us getting any type of thing related to adventures. Is there anything adventures related in smash?
I don't think there's anything Adventures related. Tricky has a trophy but even then he appeared in Assault :/

I know it's not Adventures, but Krystal's command theme was always something I wanted to be redone. It was a damn good battle/waltz piece, however it suffered from the sound capabilities on the DS. I'd think it would be a neat addition.

It can also be named "Death Waltz"
edgykpop2.0.png

Last edited:

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
I don't think there's anything Adventures related. Tricky has a trophy but even then he appeared in Assault :/

I know it's not Adventures, but Krystal's command theme was always something I wanted to be redone. It was a damn good battle/waltz piece, however it suffered from the sound capabilities on the DS. I'd think it would be a neat addition.

It can also be named "Death Waltz" :secretkpop:
As I've already said before I diden't liked her theme that much in command mainly because how it sounded on the DS I feel like they tried a more complex theme here but as you said DS capabilities affected the end result I would like her theme to be redone with better quality sounds. Gotta hear thouse Violas played right.

Also I think it would be really great if they added some singing even if its just a Lalalalala synchronized with the theme. Or even better... Saurian launguage, now were getting some deep lore there.

Also Edgy.
Okay like what happened here. When did this become "The Psychic Vixen - Krystal for Smash 4! Help us defeat the haters!
upload_2015-10-21_15-22-1.jpeg

Last edited:

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice

It can also be named "Death Waltz" View attachment 79287
One thing Command got right was the personal theme everyone had. James and Peppy had that one theme from Assault that i can't find anywhere which makes me sad

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
One thing Command got right was the personal theme everyone had. James and Peppy had that one theme from Assault that i can't find anywhere which makes me sad
Sooo, how does Emperor Angler hold up as a villain?

Also, while the story is flawed, I do get the feeling that it at least might be better than Nintendo's usual rehashed stories (such as the story where Mario/Link saves Peach/Zelda from Bowser/Ganon).

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Sooo, how does Emperor Angler hold up as a villain?

Also, while the story is flawed, I do get the feeling that it at least might be better than Nintendo's usual rehashed stories (such as the story where Mario/Link saves Peach/Zelda from Bowser/Ganon).
I don't even remember what the anglars wanted. Was it something about how toxic Venom was becoming? Whenever i played Command they seemed irrelevant to me, never really cared about them.

I like how Star Fox is always something different story wise, especially the Aparoids. They made you feel closer to the cast cause you didn't know who was the next ally you would have to fight

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
I don't even remember what the anglars wanted. Was it something about how toxic Venom was becoming? Whenever i played Command they seemed irrelevant to me, never really cared about them.
I think they just wanted to take over the Lylat System. Just like every other Starfox villain
edgykpop2.0.png

(The Apariods were pretty cool though.)

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
is only giving them more fuel to fire.
Sorry, I disagree with this. Pointing out someones flawed logic on a character they desperately try to discredit, doesn't give them fuel. If this character didn't have active supporters / defenders, she would be easily overlooked by others.

Others would just see the negativity she gets, and assume it as facts. That said, I'm not saying: "Let's go blast every hater out there." I'm saying defend the character when necessary. Being idle doesn't help.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

It can also be named "Death Waltz" View attachment 79287
I don't remember this song. Link?

Whenever I think "Krystal Theme" I think of Sauria's multiplayer theme from Assault. I know it's not a true theme for her but it's what makes me think of Krystal most. First, because it's Sauria and her association with the planet. And second, because it's from the multiplayer which is the way most of us have every played Krystal. It was her "home stage" you could say so it felt like it properly belonged to her... at least in my mind. Also, it's catchy and fun and I like that being associated with her. Better than some dramatic piece or that silly sax music. I think it would be really cool if the Smashified music for Krystal is a remix of this theme or at least something Saurian in nature including the campaign theme for Sauria from Assault possibly.

Here's the theme I've been talking about... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jWZaUzVamo

Last edited:

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
I don't remember this song. Link?

Whenever I think "Krystal Theme" I think of Sauria's multiplayer theme from Assault. I know it's not a true theme but it's what makes me think of Krystal most. First, because it's Sauria. And second, because it's from the multiplayer which is the way most of us have every played Krystal. It was her "home stage" you could say so it felt like it properly belonged to her... at least in my mind. Also, it's catchy and fun and I like that being associated with her. Better than some dramatic piece or that silly sax music. I think it would be really cool if the Smashified music for Krystal is this theme or at least something Saurian in nature including the campaign theme for Sauria from Assault.

Here's the theme I've been talking about... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jWZaUzVamo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y2uLRxx8yU
It's the 30 minute extended version :secretkpop:

"Fox's Forgotten Love" smh I like "Death Waltz" better :secretkpop: (Even though a song already has that name)

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
But... they do that anyway :secretkpop:

While I understand where you're coming from, the only thing these people want is reactions and that's exactly what they're getting, fueling their fire.
This is assuming the majority of haters are trolls fishing for ebin reactions, which I don't think is the case. They're also trying to convince people that their terrible arguments hold water. To me, there's no harm in diffusing them, especially on public forums. I can see the value in that. You might not educate the haters, but you will educate their audience. You'll always have haters, yes, but you'll always have people on the fence who could be swayed by misinformation. Never hurts to set the record straight, it's just that I feel it won't help much as far as Smash 4's DLC is concerned. The ballot is over and the smear campaigns are all packed up. Ballot speculation threads everywhere I've seen have decreased in activity by a big margin, so I take it a lot of people feel the same way.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y2uLRxx8yU
It's the 30 minute extended version :secretkpop:

"Fox's Forgotten Love" smh I like "Death Waltz" better :secretkpop: (Even though a song already has that name)
That would be really cool to hear done up with real instruments in stuff in a special Smash remix. And I could totally see fighting to this music. It's got the right energy for it actually.

So much that could be done if we got Krystal, heh. A sweet Saurian stage and a lot of great music to choose from. At this point I'm just hoping to get the most important piece in that equation and the rest is just gravy.

I linked the 30 minute version of the song I was talking about too.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of remixes, sometimes i wish there were people who did remixes of Star Fox songs. Like Assaults music is really good already, but imagine what it would sound like updated

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Edgy is right.

Give me Sauria or give me death! Seriously, I love that song way too much

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Edgy is right.

Personally, out of all songs from Adventures I'd love to have the sweet Rock Starfox cover.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
There wouldn't be so much of this if we didn't have sleeping support.

Tbh, I feel like I'm one of the very few that actually gives a crap.
Noooope.

I defend Krystal in the place where I feel she needs it a lot. On GameFAQs where hardly no Krystal fans are. Defending her in a place filled mostly with her haters/ people that just dislike her is very important to be as it shows that her fans aren't gone and that we are here.

I understand what you are saying 100%.

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
There wouldn't be so much of this if we didn't have sleeping support.
Maybe the reason why we have sleeping support is because the fans are just over it. They're tired of getting in petty arguments with haters they know won't change their views on the character. I'm not saying rallying support is bad. In fact I think its helped us a lot, but sleeping support is better then no support at all isn't it.

Last edited:

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
How do you guys go around on defending her? Like what do you guys usually say?

Last time when Krystal happened to appear as a small topic on reddit I simply asked some of those people who opposed her "what's wrong with her?" And just discussed how some of those thoughts were a bit absurd and so on. Nobody really turned and said "well yeah, maybe you're right", but just went mostly silent or had some respectable reason to dislike her so I just thought "okay, that's reasonable".
One seemed to want to try and maybe "insult" me by saying afterwards that he would still rather take slippy over krystal when I pointed some of his "absurd" thought on if krystal was added to smash. I just said that's totally fine, nothing wrong with that.
Overall I just mostly discussed about it more than defended her. I mean sure, I pointed out how some thoughts about her the were quite nonsense and nonexisting, but mostly what I wanted was to just discuss about it.

Last edited:

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne

Last time when Krystal happened to appear as a small topic on reddit I simply asked some of those people who opposed her "what's wrong with her?" And just discussed how some of those thoughts were a bit absurd and so on. Nobody really turned and said "well yeah, maybe you're right", but just went mostly silent or had some respectable reason to dislike her so I just thought "okay, that's reasonable".
One seemed to want to try and maybe "insult" me by saying afterwards that he would still rather take slippy over krystal when I pointed some of his "absurd" thought on if krystal was added to smash. I just said that's totally fine, nothing wrong with that.
Overall I just mostly discussed about it more than defended her. I mean sure, I pointed out how some thoughts about her were quite nonsense and nonexisting, but mostly what I wanted was to just discuss about it.

Actual discussion on Krystal rather then just bashing each other... What is this madness!

Edit: Off topic but, are we changing the title or nah

Last edited:

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Edit: Off topic but, are we changing the title or nah
We totally should yo, we look like old time fools if we keep going on with that title. Maybe we should start spamming nonsense again for fun until admin comes to ask "nicely" :p for us to stop. And THEN we could mention about changing the title. :D

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
We totally should yo, we look like old time fools if we keep going on with that title. Maybe we should start spamming nonsense again for fun until admin comes to ask "nicely" :p for us to stop. And THEN we could mention about changing the title. :D
lol gorl, do you wanT to geT bannedT. :secretkpop:

Oh, how I await the day Krystal is revealed and this place turns into a social thread

Anyway, I feel like the title should stay relatively the same, but changed up enough to not look dated.

Last edited:

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
lol gorl, do you wanT to geT bannedT. :secretkpop:

Oh, how I await the day Krystal is revealed and this place turns into a social thread

Anyway, I feel like the title should stay relatively the same, but changed up enough to not look dated.
Krystallization buffering perhaps???

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Krystallization buffering perhaps???
What about "The Psychic Vixen - Krystal for Smash 4! Will Sakurai Krystallize or Kurse Sm4sh?" It represents whether or not our dreams will be fulfilled or crushed under Sakurai's rule.

lol let's ask IsmaR IsmaR for her thoughts

Last edited:

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
I just remembered a discussion with one (supposedly) girl on miiverse back when Sm4sh wasn't released yet. She was most of the time posting anti-Krystal stuff with no further explanation why so I decided to talk to her. I asked her why she was posting this (just because I would like to know why without making a lengthy discussion out of it... Yeah, I'm sneaky xD).

First thing she answered was the usual 'argument' about how she's only the damsel in distress, fan service etc. She also mentioned (what I didn't hear till then) that she was just leaving her weapon out in the field before adventuring... Clearly someone who has no idea what actually happened and just went with what other people said...

I then explained to her that this pretty much happens to every female in games Myiamoto was/is working on and how they still get awesome fighting abilitiesin Smash, what actually happened (she blocked a giant fireball from a dragon ship while riding a pterodactyl (!) :awesome:), what her role is within the team and how Krystal would be an awesome rep for a way too long neglected franchise.

End of this was that she suddenly agreed on how great she is as a character and what a nice addition she would be in Smash. Since then she followed me and liked most of my 'Vote Krystal'-posts.

So, yeah. One sinner converted

Last edited:

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
What about "The Psychic Vixen - Krystal for Smash 4! Will Sakurai Krystallize or Kurse Sm4sh?" It represents whether or not our dreams will be fulfilled or crushed under Sakurai's rule.

lol let's ask IsmaR IsmaR for her thoughts
That doesn't sound too bad, maybe it could be a bit shorter though, I'd like it to be short but still have a big meaning you know? But that's just me. I can't really think of a good one right now... Maybe after a good night sleep I have a suggestion <.< .

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I dunno much about the character but I would lover her added in. What are the blue orbs she can shoot from the staff? I imagine the red ones are fire.
Or am I just talking jibberish and there's only 1 type of shot..

Top Bottom