• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
IT's at this point where i'm just making some random things, one of which here I joke on why Adventures didnt have likelikes
View attachment 78336

Wonder if I should do something related to these

View attachment 78337 View attachment 78338
Maybe these are a joke, but I doubt it. Looks like that headcanon crap. I wouldn't go around calling Krystal haters "gay furries." I mean, these kind of people do exist, but not all of them are like this miiverse user. That said, it's not a small group of people who have this "canon" belief.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
How has he trolled with Ridley? I get Chrom kinda, but I thought he has only said that RIdley wouldn't work.
I'm talking about how he first alluded to Ridley as a shadow, then made fans wait quite a while for deconfirmation on his playability. He should have just stated at the beginning that Ridley won't be playable, and hiding his boss status using a shadow was pointless, since he was a boss in the last game and if he wasn't gonna be playable, then people are bound to correctly guess that he'll be a boss, making the reveal less of a surprise.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I'm talking about how he first alluded to Ridley as a shadow, then made fans wait quite a while for deconfirmation on his playability. He should have just stated at the beginning that Ridley won't be playable, and hiding his boss status using a shadow was pointless, since he was a boss in the last game and if he wasn't gonna be playable, then people are bound to correctly guess that he'll be a boss, making the reveal less of a surprise.
Oh that part. I thought it was obvious that he was a stage boss...
Sure he showed it vaguely with a shadow, but to me it just seemed really obvious.
I do remember someone throwing a theory around that he might be playable, but I never believed that. I felt that there really was no need to show Ridley fully, since it was quite clear that he's just a "boss". Sakurai likes leaving some things as mysteries and I don't think there's anything wrong with that, it makes everything more exciting. What's the fun in just showing everything immediately with no suspense... As an example, I'd think it would be totally lame if he would just suddenly come out and reveal every DLC character that would be added eventually, where's the fun in that?

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
I know it's unlikely, but i would love an update that just gave us character skins. I'm not talking about Bowser being Dry Bowser I'm talking about being able to use skins of the older character models. Like Ike could have his Brawl design or Ganondorf could have his melee design. If they were to ever do this i would hope we would get the voices that those characters had. Brawl Fox's voice, i miss you :'(

Speaking of voices, if Wolf comes back and Krystal doesn't, he would have his 64 3d voice actor and if i remember correctly, he sounded British in that game

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I know it's unlikely, but i would love an update that just gave us character skins. I'm not talking about Bowser being Dry Bowser I'm talking about being able to use skins of the older character models. Like Ike could have his Brawl design or Ganondorf could have his melee design.
The problem with that is, many of those old appearances had different sizes and dimensions that keep them from being viable alternate costumes. So while it'd rule out classic skins for Ganon and Ike, something like, say, Hyrule Warriors costumes for the Zelda characters or an alt of Ike's Vanguard-class armor isn't out of the question.

Speaking of voices, if Wolf comes back and Krystal doesn't, he would have his 64 3d voice actor and if i remember correctly, he sounded British in that game
That's one thing I've been thinking of myself. If Wolf comes back, he'll probably have his cheesy 64 voice actor instead of the actually really good one from Assault and Brawl.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
The problem with that is, many of those old appearances had different sizes and dimensions that keep them from being viable alternate costumes. So while it'd rule out classic skins for Ganon and Ike, something like, say, Hyrule Warriors costumes for the Zelda characters or an alt of Ike's Vanguard-class armor isn't out of the question.

That's one thing I've been thinking of myself. If Wolf comes back, he'll probably have his cheesy 64 voice actor instead of the actually really good one from Assault and Brawl.
More nostalgia pandering, *facepalms*, STOP THINKING IN THE PAST NINTENDO, IGNORE THE PURISTS, AND ACTUALLY TRY NEW THINGS, SF64 IS GETTING STALE, STOP GOING BACK TO IT

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Speaking of voices, if Wolf comes back and Krystal doesn't, he would have his 64 3d voice actor and if i remember correctly, he sounded horrible in that game
Fixed it. This voice really threw me off. Why didn't they just use his Assault voice actor. I mean, yeah, SF64 was meant to be cheesy but in my opinion they overdid it in SF64 3D....

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Fixed it. This voice really threw me off. Why didn't they just use his Assault voice actor. I mean, yeah, SF64 was meant to be cheesy but in my opinion they overdid it in SF64 3D....
I didn't mind the voices that much in the remake. I just wish Slippy didn't sound like a girl anymore

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
Tell me about it. Assault Wolf was freaking PERFECT for the rugged space mercenary for hire that Wolf is supposed to be. I really don't want to have to go back to that 64-3D Wolf, just doesn't do just the character justice... Which makes me wonder.. IF Krystal comes back, would she keep her voice actress, despite her VA voicing Samus? Sorta has me worried...

Oh, and going back a little bit, I remember making that point around E3 about Star Fox basically constantly retelling the same story with a few extra bells and whistles every X amount of years or so whenever Nintendo wants to do something with the series. If you ask me, SF as a series is too darn stagnant in order to truly get somewhere. 2016 will roll up and we'll be expecting a game (Zero) that's we're already mostly familiar with for almost the past 20 years. Like... really? There's a reason why I loved Assault and that it was something NEW for the most part, especially the story and the characters' actions in it. I'll be honest, I'm tired of fighting the Lylat Wars and having to deal with the same ol' Andross, the same ol' SF crew and cheesy ol' one-liners. The series needs some darn progression to match up with Mario and Zelda if it's to get somewhere in the long run...(so it can throw some NEW cheesy one-liners at me). I swear out of all the other series represented in Smash, SF has to be the one that feels like a 'one-trick-pony' compared to the branching titles the other mascots have under their belt.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Tell me about it. Assault Wolf was freaking PERFECT for the rugged space mercenary for hire that Wolf is supposed to be. I really don't want to have to go back to that 64-3D Wolf, just doesn't do just the character justice... Which makes me wonder.. IF Krystal comes back, would she keep her voice actress, despite her VA voicing Samus? Sorta has me worried...

Oh, and going back a little bit, I remember making that point around E3 about Star Fox basically constantly retelling the same story with a few extra bells and whistles every X amount of years or so whenever Nintendo wants to do something with the series. If you ask me, SF as a series is too darn stagnant in order to truly get somewhere. 2016 will roll up and we'll be expecting a game (Zero) that's we're already mostly familiar with for almost the past 20 years. Like... really? There's a reason why I loved Assault and that it was something NEW for the most part, especially the story and the characters' actions in it. I'll be honest, I'm tired of fighting the Lylat Wars and having to deal with the same ol' Andross, the same ol' SF crew and cheesy ol' one-liners. The series needs some darn progression to match up with Mario and Zelda if it's to get somewhere in the long run...(so it can throw some NEW cheesy one-liners at me). I swear out of all the other series represented in Smash, SF has to be the one that feels like a 'one-trick-pony' compared to the branching titles the other mascots have under their belt.
Multiple characters can have the same VA. Mario, Luigi, and Wario share the same VA. So does Pit and Dark Pit. Unless you're talking about two characters from different series them i would assume they would still have the same VA. If Krystal does get in, she would be the only one from the Star Fox to have a good voice, unless Wolf keeps his voice

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Unrelated somewhat but anyone have the gallery where those earthbound sprites of krystal and the others came from?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Personally I think they'll keep Wolf's Brawl voice, they did it for Lucas after all.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion

I know right, Have you ever played Star Fox 2?!, Because if you have, you have already played Star Fox Zero

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
I know right, Have you ever played Star Fox 2?!, Because if you have, you have already played Star Fox Zero
Speaking of SF2, they should release it on the VC (since it was finished at its time and could have been released, but just didn't).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I thought this was the Krystal SUPPORT thread. All I see is SFZero negativity.

Here's a topic, what's the dumbest anti-krystal argument you heard? Mine was that Palutena makes her useless as she already has a staff.

Demented Dex

Smash Cadet
I thought this was the Krystal SUPPORT thread. All I see is SFZero negativity.

Here's a topic, what's the dumbest anti-krystal argument you heard? Mine was that Palutena makes her useless as she already has a staff.
I feel like we've done something along these lines before, but I'll post my Krystal-related findings on what I've witnessed lately.

The most ridiculous anti-Krystal argument I've heard recently is from someone who kept bringing up the "obsession" that her supporters have for a staff-based moveset. He claimed that because the players couldn't make use of her staff while playing as her in Adventures, it'd mean that she'd have no business wielding it in Smash, so if she got in, she'd be heavily derived from Fox, like Falco and Wolf (in other words, a complete waste of a slot). The guy's already known to be pretty vocal about disliking Krystal, but he takes it a step further by saying her supporters are clinging to near-hopeless dreams.

My issue with this logic is, it's known when Sakurai makes movesets for characters, the moves aren't always 100% referenced from the characters' respective games. Some moves are made up specifically for Smash. In this case I'll use Wolf as an example (since this user is greatly pro-Wolf and anti-Krystal). He wanted to rag on Krystal and her supporters for pushing the staff idea, but he didn't mention anything about Wolf never using (or even exposing) his claws in any of the Star Fox games. Pretty sure Sakurai made it happen for Smash, and at LEAST we know Krystal's weapon has canonically belonged to her, regardless of how short of a spotlight it's had. Wolf's claw attack potential is definitely less authentic than Krystal's staff potential.

And for the record, I really liked Wolf as a Smash character. It's just that the passage of time since Smash 4's release has made me more accepting of his absence.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I feel like we've done something along these lines before, but I'll post my Krystal-related findings on what I've witnessed lately.

The most ridiculous anti-Krystal argument I've heard recently is from someone who kept bringing up the "obsession" that her supporters have for a staff-based moveset. He claimed that because the players couldn't make use of her staff while playing as her in Adventures, it'd mean that she'd have no business wielding it in Smash, so if she got in, she'd be heavily derived from Fox, like Falco and Wolf (in other words, a complete waste of a slot). The guy's already known to be pretty vocal about disliking Krystal, but he takes it a step further by saying her supporters are clinging to near-hopeless dreams.

My issue with this logic is, it's known when Sakurai makes movesets for characters, the moves aren't always 100% referenced from the characters' respective games. Some moves are made up specifically for Smash. In this case I'll use Wolf as an example (since this user is greatly pro-Wolf and anti-Krystal). He wanted to rag on Krystal and her supporters for pushing the staff idea, but he didn't mention anything about Wolf never using (or even exposing) his claws in any of the Star Fox games. Pretty sure Sakurai made it happen for Smash, and at LEAST we know Krystal's weapon has canonically belonged to her, regardless of how short of a spotlight it's had. Wolf's claw attack potential is definitely less authentic than Krystal's staff potential.

And for the record, I really liked Wolf as a Smash character. It's just that the passage of time since Smash 4's release has made me more accepting of his absence.
I guess he's just gonna ignore characters like Ness or Zelda who take moves from other characters who used them canonically. I think Krystal using her own staff makes a little more sense than Zelda using din's fire

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
The only really bad argument I heard about Krystal is that her supporters are obsessed with her and just want something to jack off to

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !

The most ridiculous anti-Krystal argument I've heard recently is from someone who kept bringing up the "obsession" that her supporters have for a staff-based moveset. He claimed that because the players couldn't make use of her staff while playing as her in Adventures, it'd mean that she'd have no business wielding it in Smash, .
My response to that Guy.
Has Captain Falcon ever done an actual Falcon Punch in game?

CHECKMATE B!#%$

Funny fact: Actually Capt. Falcon does Falcon punch in Climax I think? But just in an animated cutscene. Krystal at least used her staff in the very beginning.

Last edited:

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
My response to that Guy and his "Opinion"
Has Captain Falcon ever done a Falcon Punch in game?

CHECKMATE B!#%$

Funny fact: Actually Capt. Falcon does Falcon punch in Climax I think? But just in an animated cutscene. Krystal at least used her staff in the very beginning.
Good point his entire moveset is original, but just a little correction, He, in fact, does Falcon Punch but it was in the anime F-Zero Falcon Densetsu, easily one of the most amazing scenes of anything ever.

It's really a shame that didn't become C.Falcon's Final Smash

Fun fact: There is one episode of the series that's basically one huge reference to Star Fox, LAP 33 - James McCloud

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Good point his entire moveset is original, but just a little correction, He, in fact, does Falcon Punch but it was in the anime F-Zero Falcon Densetsu, easily one of the most amazing scenes of anything ever.

That anime debuted after Smash 64, though, so the point still stands. Cool to see something that originated in a spinoff become canon, though, isn't it?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I was just in the DLC discussion thread and I want to throw myself off a bridge, all the arguments you guys just mentioned are actually being talked about. Can someone help me out a little here?

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I was just in the DLC discussion thread and I want to throw myself off a bridge, all the arguments you guys just mentioned are actually being talked about. Can someone help me out a little here?
I've always been wary of places like that. Valid ideas get shot down in favor of the loudest ones and what the most vocal members want to believe.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I've always been wary of places like that. Valid ideas get shot down in favor of the loudest ones and what the most vocal members want to believe.
I know, these people are actually trying to argue that krystal would be a fox clone and that since fox used HER staff that means she can't use it, either that or that Palutena makes her pointless. Then there are people trying to tell me K Rool would be more unique i.e. Bowser 2.0

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I know, these people are actually trying to argue that krystal would be a fox clone and that since fox used HER staff that means she can't use it, either that or that Palutena makes her pointless. Then there are people trying to tell me K Rool would be more unique i.e. Bowser 2.0
Let the results of the ballot play out. The most effective argument is the reality of what actually happens. No use trying to convince people who aren't on board. It's quite literally your tastes clashing with theirs. No one has actual concrete evidence that any character is going to be in. There's no guarantee that the top voted characters are going to be chosen either. It's speculation-based on who we think is most likely, and at the end of the day, 99.99% of us are casual fans on the outside looking in.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Let the results of the ballot play out. The most effective argument is the reality of what actually happens. No use trying to convince people who aren't on board. It's quite literally your tastes clashing with theirs. No one has actual concrete evidence that any character is going to be in. There's no guarantee that the top voted characters are going to be chosen either. It's speculation-based on who we think is most likely, and at the end of the day, 99.99% of us are casual fans on the outside looking in.
I guess you're right but I have this uncontrollable need to try and defend my characters, especially Krystal, and then people start throwing out dumb arguments and I just can't help it

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I guess you're right but I have this uncontrollable need to try and defend my characters, especially Krystal, and then people start throwing out dumb arguments and I just can't help it
I get those urges too. I know how you feel, seeing the same arguments again and again. The same crude comparisons, the same inconsistent standards, goal post moving and all that. There will be no end to it. It's best to step back and ask if going through the motions is worth it in a high traffic thread rampant with arguments shot from the hip. I can't speak for you, but for me, it isn't. I'd much rather talk with someone who shows the slightest sliver of interest in the character than someone who is not. To be open, I've been guilty of taking the bait many times. At this point, I don't think a changed opinion is worth much in a post ballot speculation scene.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I've had that problem myself occasionally. Part of me feels like I have to defend myself and the things I stand for whenever necessary, or else I'll be looked down on. It's a tough habit to break, especially if you've been looked down on in the past.

From what I've found, knowing when to step in works best. Save your energy for when doing so will matter, when it could potentially win people over.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
From what I've found, knowing when to step in works best. Save your energy for when doing so will matter, when it could potentially win people over.
Agreed. And that takes quite a bit of experience plus a fair sense of perception.

I don't fault people for defending what they like, though. I don't even fault "white knights", or whatever they're known as. Nature will take its course. For example, if Krystal does get in, those people who are vehemently against her will have to find a way to cope with it, or else...

Or else they're gonna have a bad time.

Same thing vice versa, or with any other possibility.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I helped you out, however some of your points of how X could be a clone of something was... incorrect. But I went in there and probably made krystal fans look bad. But i had to call out the speculative scene in the middle of all that, I had that in me for awhile and i've seen some stuff for a long time, so I just had to. Did my best to clear any misconceptions about krystal.

sorry guys i couldnt hold back i just wanted to help.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I helped you out, however some of your points of how X could be a clone of something was... incorrect. But I went in there and probably made krystal fans look bad. But i had to call out the speculative scene in the middle of all that, I had that in me for awhile and i've seen some stuff for a long time, so I just had to. Did my best to clear any misconceptions about krystal.

Don't worry about it. I thought your post explained things well.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
The only really bad argument I heard about Krystal is that her supporters are obsessed with her and just want something to jack off to
Man, I once accidentally found a whole lengthy thread (on 4chan I think) revolving around that argument when searching for DLC-discussions. It was ridiculous. I think this says more about the guys who spew this all over the internet than anything else... So much baseless hate...

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Yeah, maybe I worded the way I talked about K Rool, a lot of people seemed to get the impression that he would be a clone, I was simply saying that I think Krystal would be more unique, which she would

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
If Krystal does becomes playable, we have to prepare ourselves to fight really well with her cause there will be countless people targeting us online when we play as her. I actually like it when people target me with "KrystalDLC" as my name tag. xD occasionally I find wolf fans that change they're name to Wolf Dlc but they actually take my side in battle especially when I say " IWANTBOTH" ":D" xD!!

Also, I have no idea when I'll complete the Krystal moveset video cause I'm moving this week and I'll be on a road trip to the other side of the country and be without internet for a few months xD but I'm still determined to do it, it will just be awhile til I can upload it :/ in the meantime, can you guys post some songs you'd like to have for her music in the video in reply to this post? I was just gonna do the new smash 4 remix of Theme from Area 6 since it's the only new star fox song that's not star wolf. The multiplayer Sauria music of assault and the main menu music to Star fox Assault ( I LOVE ASSUALT MUSIC SO MUCH!!! \(>A <)/ ). Any other songs you guys know of that will suit her video and smash well ( preferably from Adventures, Assault and command)? :3

I'm gonna have 5 different songs throughout the video,
one for specials
one for attacks and smashes
one for idle animations and taunts
One of her being attacked (to show off her falling animations xD)
And then one for her final smash :)

(Btw, Thanks~Krystal~ for replying to my last post) :D

Top Bottom