• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Actually, I want to bring back that one idea I had a while back. I wonder if we could set up a group with the K. Rool and Isaac supporters? All three characters have been absent in recent years without being outright written out of their series, and with all the strides Krystal's support base has made, perhaps a "Missing Three" group would work well?

Actually, I want to bring back that one idea I had a while back. I wonder if we could set up a group with the K. Rool and Isaac supporters? All three characters have been absent in recent years without being outright written out of their series, and with all the strides Krystal's support base has made, perhaps a "Missing Three" group would work well?
Not to be biased as hell but that group had some major issues. Leaving out select groups only leads to awkwardness and anger. At least with an all inclusive group that isn't an issue and you get publicity for more fans.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Missing three aka King K. Rool, Isaac, and #Ridley #TheDreamLivesOn #SpacePiratesNeverDie

I'd just join oni's forum. Plus we could make a NEW OP GUYS! UPDATED OP!

Last edited:

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
So, Ii just beat Star Fox Adventures for the first time in over a decade. Playing with that Staff was so fun, it'd be criminal to skip over in in Krystal's moveset. Almost every single move for Krystal and be ripped straight out of Adventures. Neutrals, Tils, Specials, and even a Final Smash if you pullout the sequence with Krystal riding the Cloudrunner. The only thing else would be her aerials, which could either be made from scratched, or from the leftover animations on ground.
Honestly, I think it's because they just haven't had a reason yet to use assets from Adventures. Rare wouldn't be a problem since Nintendo has access to any games Rare made using their IPs. Think of all the Donkey Kong Country games they've remade or ported to the eshop!
Hearing what you two say makes me feel better about the situation. Who knows, maybe we'll get an Adventures port on the Wii U

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I would have a bit more faith in Bamco than we give them credit for. As always, we're just playing the waiting game.

As for the current predicament, I could see about making our own individual group (kinda sure there's already an existing one for "Cerinians" however) before we branch out to the all-encompassing groups. Of course, I could always preserve this thread, should we ever get confirmed down the line.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Giving the invite out to everyone if you choose to accept it.

MY group will be remaining open and will allow anyone to come if they wish to return to business as usual. Make your thread here if you would like. Trying to keep the community together.
http://smashboards.com/social-forums/predefined-role-character-support.1812/
That's just great. Just joined this thread and the boards in general and now it's going to be closed soon... So I guess we're gonna set up a new one over there?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I've had to rewire my brain to recognize the Krystal thread now that it's no longer starting with the name of the character, but I love the new name.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
I've had to rewire my brain to recognize the Krystal thread now that it's no longer starting with the name of the character, but I love the new name.
Um, in hindsight, adding the newest page to your list of favorites could have worked just as well.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I would have a bit more faith in Bamco than we give them credit for. As always, we're just playing the waiting game.

As for the current predicament, I could see about making our own individual group (kinda sure there's already an existing one for "Cerinians" however) before we branch out to the all-encompassing groups. Of course, I could always preserve this thread, should we ever get confirmed down the line.
I put my faith in IsmaR.

Would be sweet if Krystal got confirmed and this thread was preserved and became her social thread.

Regarding the short term, I could do either or... though I think I'd prefer a place more dedicated for us. We're nice people of course, but I'm not sure how well multiple character support threads will jive in one place. It could be really interesting though and a chance to all become more invested in each other's desires.

Basically, I think a giant social thread for all character supporters could be interesting, but I also think most people will be less comfortable with that situation, at least initially assuming they stick around. I think having both options could be ideal. I could see myself hanging in the dedicated place mostly and visiting the big place occasionally for instance.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
We've got only a few more days. If all fails, let's vote for a new Mod who wants to open a new thread.
Is that a thing we could do? Even if it is, I'm fine with IsmaR and I don't think we need a mod to make a new thread, assuming IsmaR isn't interested... we just need permission I think.

Edit: Perhaps I'll ask IsmaR personally on his profile since it seems he doesn't get notifications via "@"s. If he'd rather not make the thread on the social board I'll probably volunteer, although I think he could do a fine job and already seemed to offer it to us earlier in this thread.

Last edited:
You in fact, do not need a mod to post a thread to the group. It's just a question of whether you wish to let IsmaR keep her title as OP for honor's sake.

I vaguely remember reading you had problems with the OP not being updated so it may be in your best interest to ask to make your own new one.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
As for the current predicament, I could see about making our own individual group (kinda sure there's already an existing one for "Cerinians" however) before we branch out to the all-encompassing groups.
I know there's a conversation for us that was started by RandomCities a long time ago, but I do think a group would be best. It all depends on where everyone wants it. To prevent having our thread tampered with by random minimods, we could move to a private group (that's what I vote for). If anyone is concerned about the quality of the discussion taking a nosedive with the move, we could always split the group into two threads: one for social and one for regular discussion. I'm just throwing out ideas.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
You in fact, do not need a mod to post a thread to the group. It's just a question of whether you wish to let IsmaR keep her title as OP for honor's sake.

I vaguely remember reading you had problems with the OP not being updated so it may be in your best interest to ask to make your own new one.
IsmaR seemed to imply some other offer, so I wasn't sure. Like it was unrelated to what everyone else is doing. In that case, it might require special circumstances. As for posting in your board, I'm aware that any of us could do it, but I'd ask IsmaR first just because it seems fair.

Also, the special situation we have with the OP here is that IsmaR actually inherited it after our original thread creator died. Naturally, IsmaR was hesitant to make any big changes and that's why our OP has been mostly the same for a long time.

Last edited:

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne

Both a private group or joining Oni's thread seem like the best options so far. However both definitely have their flaws. A private group would prevent any tampering from outside forces, but it losses the ability to have ANY interaction with members outside the group. Then again, joining Oni's group does bring up the possibility of tampering from other mods.

Weighing in both options, I think joining Oni's group is the better option because losing the ability to have others interact with our thread is bad for us. Even though the ballot is over and nothing can really change, having you message be silenced is devastating. Plus, any tampering can be fixed if IsmaR continues to watch over our thread. So I think we should be edgy and go for it.
edgykpop2.0.png

Last edited:

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
I don't know what took me so long but I really do hope we get some place to all talk to each other. This thread has been a lot of fun and I don't want it to end. Originally i thought this ballot was just an official voting poll, but within it's final few months i found this thread and my interest in Krystal grew. Unlike some of you, i haven't been here since Brawl so i don't know the true struggle, but just like everyone here I seen Krystal talked about in an ignorant way and wish they understood. I'll miss you guys and let's all hope we can get our favorite blue vixen in Smash!

I promise not to tamper unless you go around breaking rules.

Keep the hate to a minimum and pages clear (no gif spam) and I don't think any mods will be jumping on you. Of course, it's all up to you what to choose.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
So, where are we going then? I agree that oni's group would be the better option, it's at least better than cutting off any other member from discussing about her outside of general threads which tend to turn into arguments whenever Krystal is mentioned

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I know there's a conversation for us that was started by RandomCities a long time ago, but I do think a group would be best. It all depends on where everyone wants it. To prevent having our thread tampered with by random minimods, we could move to a private group (that's what I vote for). If anyone is concerned about the quality of the discussion taking a nosedive with the move, we could always split the group into two threads: one for social and one for regular discussion. I'm just throwing out ideas.
Both a private group or joining Oni's thread seem like the best options so far. However both definitely have their flaws. A private group would prevent any tampering from outside forces, but it losses the ability to have ANY interaction with members outside the group. Then again, joining Oni's group does bring up the possibility of tampering from other mods.

Weighing in both options, I think joining Oni's group is the better option because losing the ability to have others interact with our thread is bad for us. Even though the ballot is over and nothing can really change, having you message be silenced is devastating. Plus, any tampering can be fixed if IsmaR continues to watch over our thread. So I think we should be edgy and go for it. View attachment 80083
Social groups aren't mutually exclusive, meaning we don't just have to choose one or the other. We could have our own character-specific Social Group and still have a thread in Oni's all-inclusive character group (some like the Ridley and Bandana Dee threads already had both, even before the announcement of this section's lock).

In lieu of that, I'd be more than willing to create our successor/remain the leader. It'll take a bit of time for me to make everything (more ideas for names needed, working on the new OP, etc.), but I'll be sure to link it here when it's done, and invite everyone that wishes to continue being a part of this thread/community.

All that said, if anyone else wishes to help, or even want to take just let me know either here or by PM. I also give my consent to anyone that wishes to make the thread in Oni's group (if not, I'll be making it shortly after I finish working on our own group).

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I know I said I'd prefer a dedicated place for us Krystal supporters, but that's before I realized what Oni's forum really meant. At first I thought it was implied that all supporters of all characters would be placed in one thread. Now I see that the forum basically allows many threads and we can have a thread exist there much like our thread currently exists in a character support forum. This seems like a great solution to me.

IsmaR also gave us the option to have a whole forum to ourselves however, with the opportunity to have multiple Krystal threads within. That sounds pretty cool too, but I think Edgy has a point. The forum would spread us out into multiple threads and isolate us more from the rest of the community. Simply having a thread in Oni's forum seems like a better option, at least in the short term. I mentioned in a conversation with IsmaR that perhaps his forum idea would be a cool long term idea, however. A place for Krystal supporters to go and exist outside of Smash related stuff into the future. For now though, I think just having a single thread in Oni's forum is the easiest direction to go since it'll be basically like our current situation, just somewhere else. We can always decide later to do the forum thing too.

Anyways, if we can all agree on this, or at least mostly, I think it's just a matter of IsmaR making a thread in Oni's forum with a cool OP and letting us flock there. I don't mind hanging out here until the last day however. Just as long as there's a place to go to right after this thread gets a lock slapped on it. I'm actually looking forward to getting a nice Smashified Krystal to edited onto our new OP. I always thought we could use some more cool art on the OP, heh. IsmaR seems to have a good eye for finding interesting art too.

Edit: I guess I didn't read all of IsmaR's post above mine. Seems everything is already in motion. I think getting both is sweet. If Bandana Dee and Ridley have their own social groups than there's no reason we can't too. I was also thinking we were deciding between one or the other and figured the Oni group thing was the better short term option... but getting both just eliminates having to choose I guess. I'm really happy with this decision. Thanks IsmaR! Heh, I can't believe I wrote all this post thinking I'd actually read your post when it's clear I must've forgot or just responded before finishing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom