• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
But how's that gonna help us with the Ballot closed? All I could think up was that it could increase her support, and thus making Sakurai more likely to see more of it, making it more likely he'll be convinced to add her.
What Del said basically. At this point it can't effect the ballot of course, but it's still sweet when the character we all support gets some love. I'd love to see how Smashified handles her. It'll be fun to be a part of the Smashified "club". And the whole thing about maybe getting more support retroactively is still nice.

It could very well be. I honestly doubt it's any of the AT's that came back since Sam Goroh ect are nowhere near as requested to be in Smashified yet and they are doing those in a rough order with the highest requested ones on the internet being Smashified first. I think after Dixie, Krystal really should be at least in the works imo. I feel that the hints for this character are the hardest they have ever come up with imo.

Character X is Bayonetta. I'm sorry but that is the only person it could be. I can't post that early 3D model since I was warned for it even though I cropped nearly all of that booty. 'mooning' is a big hint and no other character has such a awkwardly curved spine, so the female hint could be going for X only but there is a chance it can apply to 12 as well resulting in Krystal being more likely.
Yes, all that. The only character I can think of that qualifies in all these aspects and has at least some popularity is Waluigi... and I'm pretty sure he had a Melee trophy so I'm not sure he qualifies for this last hint since it only implies the last two Smashes. Krystal definitely appears to fit all the criteria best while being a popular request as well.

I also agree with the character X assessment... possible bad pun not intended. The model most reminded me of Bayo and she's a popular character as well, and basically the only popular character that I can imagine having that butt. It does kind of suit her for a hint too. The fact that character 12 and X are separate helps us both get what we want. I never thought X implied Krystal honestly.

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
If Twilight Princess is getting an HD port, I wonder how long before we see a Assault HD? I could say Adventures too but I dont know if there'd be some confliction, though that didn't stop DKC and 64 did it?

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. This is completely random and out of no where but....

A friend and I are planning on making a Fan-Made Smash Bros game at a later time and we have already came out with ideas. I am going to bed right now but here is a link to the Topic I made on GameFAQs talking about it. I can talk about it tomorrow with you all later. Good night!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72685921

P.S.: I totally plan on making Krystal in this game when we get to making it at a later time!

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I don't know. I'm hoping that they reveal them soon. From what I could see could go this way. If the 3 slots shown there could be the case of beig the last 3 DLC characters they are going to include in here's what I believe that would balance things out for the audience. One of those slots will include a returning veteran and from the looks of veterans at this moment, Wolf is the most likely candidate that he will get in who doesn't have any technical or legal issues to make it in especially since he was in Brawl and one that the fans actually do care about seeing him come back along with the impending release of Starfox Zero in the first quarter of 2016. If by any chance Sakurai still doesn't consider bringing him in, then I would be very surprised on this. If that happens, part of me would think that he would have something against the Starfox series. But I doubt that's the case. Because any other veteran so far, there have some been problems with other veterans such as Ice Climbers(technical issues) or Snake(legal issues) to be exact which leaves Wolf the only candidate left for it. So what's taking them so long to include Wolf?

Honestly I think what could be holding Wolf back is that Sakurai might not care for him in the sense that he was just a quickly added character that was made as a clone and reused plenty of animations from other characters. He might not be interested in adding him back, since he was just quickly made and not one of his best creations.
I think if Wolf will return that they would change a few things about him to make him feel like new and it's own thing with own animations and not some quickly copy and pasted fighter like he was in Brawl.
This is the one thing that can easily hold him back in my opinion.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Flag down IsmaR. The whole OP thing is a special situation. I'm sure IsmaR would be cool with changing it though since the ballot is over and all.
My apologies, didn't respond sooner because I don't get notifications when/check when I get tagged.

Of course I'd be alright with changing the title. Anybody have any ideas in particular, aside from potential Smashified hype?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
My apologies, didn't respond sooner because I don't get notifications when/check when I get tagged.

Of course I'd be alright with changing the title. Anybody have any ideas in particular, aside from potential Smashified hype?
I have faith in your creativity to come up with something fun yet meaningful. Also, I actually don't have any brilliant ideas myself for once. Besides, if your avatar/title creativity is anything to go on, you should do this thread justice. No pressure.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
What Del said basically. At this point it can't effect the ballot of course, but it's still sweet when the character we all support gets some love. I'd love to see how Smashified handles her. It'll be fun to be a part of the Smashified "club". And the whole thing about maybe getting more support retroactively is still nice.

Yes, all that. The only character I can think of that qualifies in all these aspects and has at least some popularity is Waluigi... and I'm pretty sure he had a Melee trophy so I'm not sure he qualifies for this last hint since it only implies the last two Smashes. Krystal definitely appears to fit all the criteria best while being a popular request as well.

I also agree with the character X assessment... possible bad pun not intended. The model most reminded me of Bayo and she's a popular character as well, and basically the only popular character that I can imagine having that butt. It does kind of suit her for a hint too. The fact that character 12 and X are separate helps us both get what we want. I never thought X implied Krystal honestly.
Don't get me wrong, I want Krystal as well, she just isn't in my top 7 Sig thingy. In top 12. :p
I can't see anyone else be character 12 at this point. There should be at least 1 more hint before 12 is uploaded.

Last edited:

darklink34

Smash Journeyman

The psychic vixen forsees a fight! Krystal for Sm4sh!
Will Sm4sh be Krystallized?
Will Krystal Shine through?
Krystal from Cerinia, finally shows her moves!
Incoming a possible assault? Krystal proves her skills in sm4sh!

Here's at least a few suggestions or inspirations for a title. Don't know how you guys like these, but I thought that I'd at least try and think of some ideas. I'd probably like the last one the best "Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!". I know people would like to have nothing related to Command, but I thought it's a fun way to question what her outfit would look like in smash 4 and so on.
What do you guys think? Does anyone else have other suggestions or ideas?

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone ever wanted a Star Fox game that explained the orgins of the characters?

Like who destroyed Krystal's home world and what did it look like. Why was Wolf with the Venom army and does he know anything about James. Or something like what was the original star fox team like.

I'm always interested in hearing the orgins of game characters.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone ever wanted a Star Fox game that explained the orgins of the characters?

Like who destroyed Krystal's home world and what did it look like. Why was Wolf with the Venom army and does he know anything about James. Or something like what was the original star fox team like.

I'm always interested in hearing the orgins of game characters.
I'd think that a lot of people around here would, especially Krystals past. I know I would.
But there are of course some who don't really care for "deep" story and characters for the series and are happy with how things are.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
The psychic vixen forsees a fight! Krystal for Sm4sh!
Will Sm4sh be Krystallized?
Will Krystal Shine through?
Krystal from Cerinia, finally shows her moves!
Incoming a possible assault? Krystal proves her skills in sm4sh!

Here's at least a few suggestions or inspirations for a title. Don't know how you guys like these, but I thought that I'd at least try and think of some ideas. I'd probably like the last one the best "Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!". I know people would like to have nothing related to Command, but I thought it's a fun way to question what her outfit would look like in smash 4 and so on.
What do you guys think? Does anyone else have other suggestions or ideas?
I love the last one, the others seem a little generic

Although I do like the whole Kursed idea someone brought up before

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I love the last one, the others seem a little generic

Although I do like the whole Kursed idea someone brought up before
Yeah, I know most of them are quite generic, but I'm glad the last one has appeal :D.
It was our own precious Edgy who suggested that Kursed idea ;D. I liked that one too, though I would like it to be a bit shorter than what he originally suggested.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Yeah, I know most of them are quite generic, but I'm glad the last one has appeal :D.
It was our own precious Edgy who suggested that Kursed idea ;D. I liked that one too, though I would like it to be a bit shorter than what he originally suggested.
I originally proposed that, before Edgy even joined the site in either 2013 or 2014
I'd think that a lot of people around here would, especially Krystals past. I know I would.
But there are of course some who don't really care for "deep" story and characters for the series and are happy with how things are.
Thay are the reason why Nintendo can't evolve

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
Thay are the reason why Nintendo can't evolve
Are you talking about Nintendrones or people who like simple stories? You'd think they'd get tired of simplistic stuff after so long (and after some of Ninty's simplistic games get rehashed so much).

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
I started to think and realize that that if Krystal does get in that there's actually a decent chance that she won't use her staff.

We all know Sakurai likes to stay true to the characters respective franchise and allow the character to use what they use in their own game, but that's not always the case. Some characters are nothing like their canon in game selves.

I know what some of you are thinking, this could be applied to a lot of characters, but i only have one big concern. Yesterday I brought up how Smash doesn't have much of anything Adventures related. Tricky and Krystal are the only things in Smash that is Adventures related. No SharpClaw, no General Scales, no dinosaurs, or any Adventure models. Krystal's staff originated in Adventures and not having much Adventures related content worries me a bit on Krystal being an original character.

So now I'm hoping Krystal gets in and I'm hoping her staff isn't forgotten

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I started to think and realize that that if Krystal does get in that there's actually a decent chance that she won't use her staff.

We all know Sakurai likes to stay true to the characters respective franchise and allow the character to use what they use in their own game, but that's not always the case. Some characters are nothing like their canon in game selves.

I know what some of you are thinking, this could be applied to a lot of characters, but i only have one big concern. Yesterday I brought up how Smash doesn't have much of anything Adventures related. Tricky and Krystal are the only things in Smash that is Adventures related. No SharpClaw, no General Scales, no dinosaurs, or any Adventure models. Krystal's staff originated in Adventures and not having much Adventures related content worries me a bit on Krystal being an original character.

I have a feeling that's cause of the whole rare situation, they'd have to make new adventures based assets rather than recycling like they did with the Assault. Also, Adventures had stickers in Brawl and even now corneria has the Adventures voice cast.

Except for certain situations (namely clones) Sakurai has shown that he tries to keep the characters as true to their games as possible, hell, just look at the Smash 4 newcomers. Palutena has the various uprising abilities, Robin has limited tomes and sword usage, Rosalina has a huge emphasis on her lumas, Ryu has his street fighter imputs with light and heavy attacks etc

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So, Ii just beat Star Fox Adventures for the first time in over a decade. Playing with that Staff was so fun, it'd be criminal to skip over in in Krystal's moveset. Almost every single move for Krystal and be ripped straight out of Adventures. Neutrals, Tils, Specials, and even a Final Smash if you pullout the sequence with Krystal riding the Cloudrunner. The only thing else would be her aerials, which could either be made from scratched, or from the leftover animations on ground.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

Honestly, I think it's because they just haven't had a reason yet to use assets from Adventures. Rare wouldn't be a problem since Nintendo has access to any games Rare made using their IPs. Think of all the Donkey Kong Country games they've remade or ported to the eshop!

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
> I love this one, it would be a nice title.

Though I feel like it really isn't needed at this point, what with the threads closing in a week... :-(

I'll miss this board. Hopefully Krystal is added so we can get our glorious topic back at a later date. :p

Top Bottom