• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I dunno much about the character but I would lover her added in. What are the blue orbs she can shoot from the staff? I imagine the red ones are fire.
Or am I just talking jibberish and there's only 1 type of shot..
I assume you're talking about the beginning of Star Fox Adventures where she fires blue energy, they're just magic I guess, the staff glows blue when attacking so I assume it'd be the same energy

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
I assume you're talking about the beginning of Star Fox Adventures where she fires blue energy, they're just magic I guess, the staff glows blue when attacking so I assume it'd be the same energy
Now that we talk about it... Where did this energy/magic come from? I mean, she already lost her staff. Did the cloudrunner shoot them? Or was it her?

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
I'm sorry you see it that way. That's not what I'm doing.
Look, I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. In fact, that comment wasn't even geared towards you. I was just saying that sometimes these things get out of hand and it just comes down to who's the more persistent fighter. Discussion is always a good thing to have for a character, that's what keeps them alive, but when it comes down to just shots being fired, it tends to make both sides look bad.

These are just my views on the matter. I'm sorry if you felt attacked by my posts.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Ohh I totally forgot about that!
I guess this is the missing power Fox never used in adventures.
Now I want her final smash to be something like this.

Or you guys have better ideas?

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Ohh I totally forgot about that!
I guess this is the missing power Fox never used in adventures.
Now I want her final smash to be something like this.

Or you guys have better ideas?
I wrote my idea a couple of pages back. Basically it's reminiscent of Adventures.

She launches two or three Krazoa spirits which fly across the stage trapping everyone they hit in crystals. Krystal then proceeds to attack them with a combo of her abilities and staff strikes. In the end she shatters the crystals, sending her opponents flying.

Personally, I think that's more fitting than riding a cloudrunner (since this is such a small part of the game) or attacking with an Arwing.

Last edited:

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Hey, how would you guys feel if Krystal was announced and she would be a total Fox clone? Would you still just think "well she finally got to smash!" and be happy and all or be disappointed? I would probably cry a little xD. A bit of joy (for obvs. reasons) and sadness because I'm completely horrible with Fox, so the fact that she would be a Fox clone is horrifying because it would mean that I would have a very hard time learning to play as her. How would you guys react? :D

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Hey, how would you guys feel if Krystal was announced and she would be a total Fox clone? Would you still just think "well she finally got to smash!" and be happy and all or be disappointed? I would probably cry a little xD. A bit of joy (for obvs. reasons) and sadness because I'm completely horrible with Fox, so the fact that she would be a Fox clone is horrifying because it would mean that I would have a very hard time learning to play as her. How would you guys react? :D
Disappointed beyond belief.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
I would be glad that she's at least playable, but I understand why some would end up hating her, and I'd be against adding full clones, and if she were cut from Smash 5 in that case, then I'd accept it and not demand she be brought back without a unique staff moveset like some loser blinded by nostalgia, even if she were to become one of my mains (it would also be the case for Lucina). It would also be lazy of Sakurai (even if the team were to disband soon, he should at least convince them to finish the stuff they started programming; he should delay the releases as much as needed to finish and polish it, and add unique chars instead of full/semi-clones (deadlines for games, movies, etc. should only be heeded if it means avoiding the game being delayed as much as Duke Nukem Forever and Foodfight were (the latter ended up being garbage, anyway))).

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I would ask Sakurai why he didn't do this in Brawl if he had the gall to squander that potential and make her a Fox clone! :mad:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
You guys, Krystal would never be a fox clone...

because she would be a clone of Palutena :secretkpop:

There are people on this forum who have actually implied this. I sure can't wait for that magically manipulated boomerang staff with cartoon physics, angelical wing smashes, beam pillars and the grab bag of custom specials with no rhyme or reason being tacked on as a gimmick.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So guys, when do you think Sakurai will announce the Ballot chars added?
I don't think they'll say anything at first. We'll only find out which characters we're getting as their reveal trailers are shown, and they'll keep going as long as they can with them.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Well, looks like no one has mentioned the latest Smashified hint. It implies Krystal again!
Though I do see these things through a special "lens". It's a "krystal" lens. All you see is "Krystal" when you look through it. Actually, the whole "through it" thing is an illusion. You're just straight up looking at Krystal. Okay.. I'm done. TL;DR - yeah, I'm biased~
Anyways, the third hint is that character #12 is a Nintendo First Party character that's appeared in Brawl and Smash 3DS/WiiU. It was implied a while ago now, after Isaac, that the next few characters would be first party anyways. I believe it was also implied after Isaac that the next few might be female, but I could be remembering that wrong. I think they just said something about having a few female characters planned soon. No guarantee that 12 is female in any case, though it was implied.

The first hint was that character #12 is a character that joined their franchise later on. They weren't there from the start. The second hint was that character #12 would be the first character to have a special guest during the commentary. Oh, and they confirmed a while back that character #12 is not "character X", the "mooning" character.

So while it's not Krystal necessarily, she's definitely not been eliminated and the list of other possible characters is much shorter. Just thought I'd share this.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Well, looks like no one has mentioned the latest Smashified hint. It implies Krystal again!
Though I do see these things through a special "lens". It's a "krystal" lens. All you see is "Krystal" when you look through it. Actually, the whole "through it" thing is an illusion. You're just straight up looking at Krystal. Okay.. I'm done. TL;DR - yeah, I'm biased~
Anyways, the third hint is that character #12 is a Nintendo First Party character that's appeared in Brawl and Smash 3DS/WiiU. It was implied a while ago now, after Isaac, that the next few characters would be first party anyways. I believe it was also implied after Isaac that the next few might be female, but I could be remembering that wrong. I think they just said something about having a few female characters planned soon. No guarantee that 12 is female in any case, though it was implied.

The first hint was that character #12 is a character that joined their franchise later on. They weren't there from the start. The second hint was that character #12 would be the first character to have a special guest during the commentary. Oh, and they confirmed a while back that character #12 is not "character X", the "mooning" character.

So while it's not Krystal necessarily, she's definitely not been eliminated and the list of other possible characters is much shorter. Just thought I'd share this.
That's actually a big hint in our favor. I was thinking #12 could also be Bandana Dee, but he wasn't present in Brawl at all!

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
That's actually a big hint in our favor. I was thinking #12 could also be Bandana Dee, but he wasn't present in Brawl at all!
But how's that gonna help us with the Ballot closed? All I could think up was that it could increase her support, and thus making Sakurai more likely to see more of it, making it more likely he'll be convinced to add her.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
But how's that gonna help us with the Ballot closed? All I could think up was that it could increase her support, and thus making Sakurai more likely to see more of it, making it more likely he'll be convinced to add her.
If anything, it'll just be nice to have a good looking render or pseudo-render to put on support stuff. And if it gives her an even better reception than before, who knows, maybe it could make her an even more compelling choice in the developers' eyes.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
In regards to that letter I thought about doing, I have no idea what to say without sounding like i'm being desperate, not that it was my intention but still so far what i've wrote hasnt sound that good compared to when I sent my condolences with the image I drew of the crew (assault) with Iwatal. I do know I was thinking of printing out a good portion of the support images made on Miiverse and tossing em in the letter as a "gift" along with something I used jokefully at a couple conventions which surprisingly I got some support, if they were being serious that is.

In fact I dont know if the same people I encountered have uploaded em here, but I was involved in a Smash group image not too long ago. I have yet to find em.

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
So guys, when do you think Sakurai will announce the Ballot chars added?
I don't know. I'm hoping that they reveal them soon. From what I could see could go this way. If the 3 slots shown there could be the case of beig the last 3 DLC characters they are going to include in here's what I believe that would balance things out for the audience. One of those slots will include a returning veteran and from the looks of veterans at this moment, Wolf is the most likely candidate that he will get in who doesn't have any technical or legal issues to make it in especially since he was in Brawl and one that the fans actually do care about seeing him come back along with the impending release of Starfox Zero in the first quarter of 2016. If by any chance Sakurai still doesn't consider bringing him in, then I would be very surprised on this. If that happens, part of me would think that he would have something against the Starfox series. But I doubt that's the case. Because any other veteran so far, there have some been problems with other veterans such as Ice Climbers(technical issues) or Snake(legal issues) to be exact which leaves Wolf the only candidate left for it. So what's taking them so long to include Wolf?

Moving on to the next 2 slots there, the next one could be for a character who was planned from the start before the ballot as a newcomer. What I'll say may be a pipe dream, but it could be very possible. As all you know , I have been wanting Krystal in Smash since Brawl and I am a fan of the character like any of you guys. So what if the character planned here before the ballot ends up being her instead? After all, we did learn not long ago that Sakurai did considered including her in Brawl. The only reason she didn't make it in was because of the time constraints. With the Starfox series being relevant again, I don't see why they shouldn't bring her in. At this moment, hopefully he doesn't ignore her this time around especially since we fans from both the Japanese and American audience would want to see her make her debut.

As for the third character, it could be from the ballot. What do you think of all this, guys?

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

It could very well be. I honestly doubt it's any of the AT's that came back since Sam Goroh ect are nowhere near as requested to be in Smashified yet and they are doing those in a rough order with the highest requested ones on the internet being Smashified first. I think after Dixie, Krystal really should be at least in the works imo. I feel that the hints for this character are the hardest they have ever come up with imo.

Character X is Bayonetta. I'm sorry but that is the only person it could be. I can't post that early 3D model since I was warned for it even though I cropped nearly all of that booty. 'mooning' is a big hint and no other character has such a awkwardly curved spine, so the female hint could be going for X only but there is a chance it can apply to 12 as well resulting in Krystal being more likely.

Last edited:

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
From the last few posts... I'm getting a: "Now that the ballot is over, why should we still continue supporting Krystal? Does it even matter anymore?" negative vibe.

Also, this thread needs a new title.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion

Those hints really do sound like Krystal

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
Flavius Flavius What does it says Edugy san? :secretkpop:
Rough translation... Basically all the gorls want Fox to be their husbando :secretkpop: and of course Krystal is jealous :secretkpop:

It's been a while don't judge me >:/
Also, this thread needs a new title.
*cough*
What about "The Psychic Vixen - Krystal for Smash 4! Will Sakurai Krystallize or Kurse Sm4sh?" It represents whether or not our dreams will be fulfilled or crushed under Sakurai's rule.

lol let's ask IsmaR IsmaR for her thoughts
*cough*

Madam IsmaR IsmaR hear our plea

Last edited:

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Guys, obviously Sakurai doesn't want to spoil us so we'll most likely get the DLC characters on Christmas!

Quick question. Does anyone know the ages of the Star Fox characters? I remember hearing something years ago about Krystal being way younger than the team

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Guys, obviously Sakurai doesn't want to spoil us so we'll most likely get the DLC characters on Christmas!

Quick question. Does anyone know the ages of the Star Fox characters? I remember hearing something years ago about Krystal being way younger than the team
Krystal is like 11 when the Lylat wars begin, an adolescent by Adventures and 22 by Star Fox Command.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice

This wiki should help:

http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

And yes, Krys's legal.

Check out the timeline:

http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_Lylat_System_history

Just replace "BLW" and "ALW" with "BC" and "AD", respectively. So, during Adventures, she's 19-years-old, I'd guess.

Last edited:

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Krystal is like 11 when the Lylat wars begin, an adolescent by Adventures and 22 by Star Fox Command.
All these games where the protagonists are just teenagers trying to save the day. Makes you wonder what she was doing during the Lylat War.
This wiki should help:

http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

And yes, Krys's legal.

Check out the timeline:

http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_Lylat_System_history

Just replace "BLW" and "ALW" with "BC" and "AD", respectively. So, during Adventures, she's 19-years-old, I'd guess.
Thanks for the link, and i was right, there is a gap between her and the team. Clean 7 years

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
What about "The Psychic Vixen - Krystal for Smash 4! Will Sakurai Krystallize or Kurse Sm4sh?" It represents whether or not our dreams will be fulfilled or crushed under Sakurai's rule.
Not a fan of it. It reminds me of Command tbh.

I can't think of anything atm.

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
Am I the only one that wants to forget the story of Command, but mainly the whole Kurse garbage? I'm just not a fan really of any of the ending storylines in that game, but I enjoyed that your decisions had an effect on the outcome. Whoever was in charge of that story telling needs a firm backhand to get back on track. lol

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Am I the only one that wants to forget the story of Command, but mainly the whole Kurse garbage? I'm just not a fan really of any of the ending storylines in that game, but I enjoyed that your decisions had an effect on the outcome. Whoever was in charge of that story telling needs a firm backhand to get back on track. lol
And not by throwing the baby out with the bathwater going back to SF64, and retconning everything

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Yeah I have no idea why they hired dylan to direct it when it was going so well after assault.

It is what it is though.

Top Bottom