• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Well it can go either way. Btw, I have been hearing a rumor going around online where in about 2 weeks or something this month that we may get a reveal of the next DLC character for Smash 4 and they have been saying that this next character could be a first party character from Nintendo. If this is the case then it'll most likely be a veteran. What do you guys think?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Well it can go either way. Btw, I have been hearing a rumor going around online where in about 2 weeks or something this month that we may get a reveal of the next DLC character for Smash 4 and they have been saying that this next character could be a first party character from Nintendo. If this is the case then it'll most likely be a veteran. What do you guys think?

If it's a veteran, it's Wolf or Snake. That's my thinking. A lot of people would say just Wolf, but you never know. Either way, I'm more interested in the newcomers, and by newcomers, I mean Krystal. That's where my money is going. I already bought Roy, Lucas and Mewtwo. I don't even know why. What I do know is that I'm ready for new characters.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
This is most likely a lie given the context behind the claim, but supposedly this is the results that were "mined".

View attachment 77228
I don't know. If that is just a hoax someone really put a thought into it given the spelling errors. It would make sense for people to vote just "Wolf" given that only his forename was displayed in the Brawl CSS. These votes are probably a mix of Starfox fans and those who just enjoyed Wolf in Brawl. Then we've got the "true" (in a lack of a better word) SF fans who'd use his full name. This is validated by the fact that the correctly written "Krystal" is ranked higher than "Crystal". Since the majority of her support knows her and are fans. "Crystal" might be the result of newcomers or (although I might give him more credit than he deserves) fans of this Jordan Sweeto guy who just do what he says. There might also other reasons I can't think of right now...I think K. Rool has the same principle going. However, this is just my opinion as a hobby analytic ;)

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I don't know. If that is just a hoax someone really put a thought into it given the spelling errors. It would make sense for people to vote just "Wolf" given that only his forename was displayed in the Brawl CSS. These votes are probably a mix of Starfox fans and those who just enjoyed Wolf in Brawl. Then we've got the "true" (in a lack of a better word) SF fans who'd use his full name. This is validated by the fact that the correctly written "Krystal" is ranked higher than "Crystal". Since the majority of her support knows her and are fans. "Crystal" might be the result of newcomers or (although I might give him more credit than he deserves) fans of this Jordan Sweeto guy who just do what he says. There might also other reasons I can't think of right now...I think K. Rool has the same principle going. However, this is just my opinion as a hobby analytic ;)
Actually, I may have jumped the gun on the Crystal part. Sure her name gets misspelled a lot by Americans, but Kurisutaru translates to "Crystal." The Japanese must have been voting her in swarms if this is real. Whoever compiled this list did their homework. Believe it or not, I think Shrek or Lanky (HE) would have been dead giveaways. The others I can buy. They're simply that popular.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Sure her name gets misspelled a lot by Americans, but Kurisutaru translates to "Crystal." The Japanese must have been voting her in swarms if this is real.
Ah, didn't take this into consideration. This would also validate the statements of the last few months that Krystal has quite a big demand in Japan.

What's with this "Jibanyan"? Is this really this monster from "Youkai Watch" as Google suggests?

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Worth remembering, though, that we've seen some very elaborate hoaxes.

Don't ask why I'm still up. It's a long story.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Worth remembering, though, that we've seen some very elaborate hoaxes.
True. The rule of text based leaks being always fake may apply also. But I hardly believe that Nintendo would handle such results in any other way than text.

Believe it or not, I think Shrek or Lanky (HE) would have been dead giveaways. The others I can buy. They're simply that popular.
But what about Spongebob being at 20th? Placed even higher than Goku? This is something I'm scratching my head over. Also, Luffy with 96/4..Really? Other than these votes, it looks real to me.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Ah, didn't take this into consideration. This would also validate the statements of the last few months that Krystal has quite a big demand in Japan.
I think her demand in Japan has certainly been overlooked regardless of this list's validity. With her absence from Zero, I think the yearning for a return has only grown, albeit not necessarily for Smash.
What's with this "Jibanyan"? Is this really this monster from "Youkai Watch" as Google suggests?
Jibanyan comes from a game that's turning out to be a real problem for Pokemon. It's been around for a couple of years and has had ample time to take root. Yo-Kai Watch is a big hit in Japan. I predict that when it comes to America, it's going to snowball from there. It's going to dominate. The fanbase will expand like crazy.
But what about Spongebob being at 20th? Placed even higher than Goku? This is something I'm scratching my head over. Also, Luffy with 96/4..Really? Other than these votes, it looks real to me.
I honestly don't think that the majority of people who threw in votes for Goku expected him to make it after Sakurai explicitly said the character must have originated in a video game. They were more defiant votes. Spongebob ones I can see coming from lots of children who don't know any better and older voters who would do it for a laugh. That's my guess.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
I honestly don't think that the majority of people who threw in votes for Goku expected him to make it after Sakurai explicitly said the character must have originated in a video game. They were more defiant votes. Spongebob ones I can see coming from lots of children who don't know any better and older voters who would do it for a laugh. That's my guess.
If that is the case I'm honestly impressed that a joke made it that far. I also just noticed that the ranking appears to be somewhat arbitrary and not based on percentage. If we knew how to value the "US/EU/JP/Misc" thing it would help. Is this like a ranking by itself? Because then most of Krystal's votes are coming from the US and "Crystal's" votes from the EU...Sometimes the order is mixed up. Any ideas?

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
If that is the case I'm honestly impressed that a joke made it that far. I also just noticed that the ranking appears to be somewhat arbitrary and not based on percentage. If we knew how to value the "US/EU/JP/Misc" thing it would help. Is this like a ranking by itself? Sometimes the order is mixed up. Any ideas?
I don't know what to make of the numbers or the way the countries are organized in the index to be frank with you. The only things I understand on this list are the names on it and the ranks they belong to, but I can take a crack at it. I think the countries are ordered in a way to indicate which one had the most votes for the respective character on the list, going from left to right. Let's look at some of the entries.

Waddle Dee's entry starts off with Japan. Looks legit.
Professor Layton's starts off with Europe. Okay.
Magnemite, a well known joke vote for Japan, starts off with the JP code. Checks out.

Where it gets tricky is with Spongebob. Spongebob IS big in Japan, but the Japanese vote outweighed the American vote. Besides that, everything else looks mostly credible going by that pattern.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
I don't know what to make of the numbers or the way the countries are organized in the index to be frank with you. The only things I understand on this list are the names on it and the ranks they belong to, but I can take a crack at it. I think the countries are ordered in a way to indicate which one had the most votes for the respective character on the list, going from left to right. Let's look at some of the entries.

Waddle Dee's entry starts off with Japan. Looks legit.
Professor Layton's starts off with Europe. Okay.
Magnemite, a well known joke vote for Japan, starts off with the JP code. Checks out.

Where it gets tricky is with Spongebob. Spongebob IS big in Japan, but the Japanese vote outweighed the American vote. Besides that, everything else looks mostly credible going by that pattern.
Yeah, that's what I thought, too. Both K.Rool entries with US first sounds legit. The Spongebob votes coming from Japan was confusing me. I didn't know he is known in Japan. So I guess it is safe to say that this leak is indeed either very, very elaborate in terms of recherche or real. I tend to believe the latter.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Yeah, that's what I thought, too. Both K.Rool entries with US first sounds legit. The Spongebob votes coming from Japan was confusing me. I didn't know he is known in Japan. So I guess it is safe to say that this leak is indeed either very, very elaborate in terms of recherche or real. I tend to believe the latter.
This has to be the most elaborate ruse I've seen yet and it's a flipping list. I have to say, I'm impressed and I wouldn't be shocked if it were real.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
This has to be the most elaborate ruse I've seen yet and it's a flipping list. I have to say, I'm impressed and I wouldn't be shocked if it were real.
Unfortunately I don't think we get any official proof at all. The ballot was just a suggestion box and so it wouldn't really make sense to post results. And even the characters that'll result out of this won't prove anything since Sakurai still picks them. But imagine this would turn out to be true. It would mean that we have to, once again, reconsider the 'rules' of identifying leaks. I mean, remember Omni with his Rayman-leak video. Up to this point videos have been THE proof.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Unfortunately I don't think we get any official proof at all. The ballot was just a suggestion box and so it wouldn't really make sense to post results. And even the characters that'll result out of this won't prove anything since Sakurai still picks them. But imagine this would turn out to be true. It would mean that we have to, once again, reconsider the 'rules' of identifying leaks. I mean, remember Omni with his Rayman-leak video. Up to this point videos have been THE proof.
While I agree with you, at this stage, video evidence is hard to come by. In all likelihood, the ballot characters aren't ready yet, so a leak like this is something I would expect to see before the more convincing evidence rolled in, but a word of caution: anyone can make a text based leak, no matter how convincing. The top 3 in particular (not counting Wolf twice) scream Smashboards, but I'm willing to consider it until it's disproven or until the person behind it speaks on it. Now that I think about it, CynicalCdr has still not provided a specific source despite having snagged an image of it. Cdr, if this was your doing, then good job. If not, then could you provide us with the location you got it from?

Last edited:

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
While I agree with you, at this stage, video evidence is hard to come by. In all likelihood, the ballot characters aren't ready yet, so a leak like this is something I would expect to see before the more convincing evidence rolled in, but a word of caution: anyone can make a text based leak, no matter how convincing. The top 3 in particular (not counting Wolf twice) scream Smashboards, but I'm willing to consider it until it's disproven or until the person behind it speaks on it. Now that I think about it, CynicalCdr has still not provided a specific source despite having snagged an image of it. Cdr, if this was your doing, then good job. If not, then could you provide us with the location you got it from?
Agreed. I can't imagine something like the ESRB-leak video will happen again. At least not for the following DLC. And I'm also aware of the likelihood of text based leaks to be true. In all honesty, I still tend to believe there is something to it. Or, if CynicalCdr actually faked it, which I doubt (don't dissapoint me there, Cdr! ;)), I think it's actually pretty close to the real results.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Agreed. I can't imagine something like the ESRB-leak video will happen again. At least not for the following DLC. And I'm also aware of the likelihood of text based leaks to be true. In all honesty, I still tend to believe there is something to it. Or, if CynicalCdr actually faked it, which I doubt (don't dissapoint me there, Cdr! ;)), I think it's actually pretty close to the real results.
I agree with you there. These results aren't crazy out of place and it even includes Roy, who was in question for a couple of months before his reveal. Again, they did their homework.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
The list is littered with anime characters, and since Nintendo explicitly stated that Only characters that ORIGINATED in a VIDEO GAME are eligible, those votes would have been thrown out, therefore it's false

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
The list is littered with anime characters, and since Nintendo explicitly stated that Only characters that ORIGINATED in a VIDEO GAME are eligible, those votes would have been thrown out, therefore it's false
If this were to be the real deal, then more than likely this find is just hard data done before any real editing. The anime characters would remain, but be ignored and eliminated when turning it into a more visual chart. That's assuming this is real though.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
If this were to be the real deal, then more than likely this find is just hard data done before any real editing. The anime characters would remain, but be ignored and eliminated when turning it into a more visual chart. That's assuming this is real though.
Also 3rd Parties will probably be filtered out too, votes for Knuckles, Tails, Eggman, or Shadow will be tossed out

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

Yeah, that rumor has been going around for a couple days now. It's all tied up in some teasing by a couple tweeters. They're implying they know stuff but are very scant on details. Only one of the tweeters implied that it was Smash related and said it was a character that's a first party that he didn't think won the ballot but was going to happen eventually. Pretty open ended. Certainly no leak, just a rumor based on some teasing. I guess we'll see in the next couple weeks. I personally think it's silly. I could say I know something and make safe guesses too.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that rumor has been going around for a couple days now. It's all tied up in some teasing by a couple tweeters. They're implying they know stuff but are very scant on details. Only one of the tweeters implied that it was Smash related and said it was a character that's a first party that he didn't think won the ballot but was going to happen eventually. Pretty open ended. Certainly no leak, just a rumor based on some teasing. I guess we'll see in the next couple weeks. I personally think it's silly. I could say I know something and make safe guesses too.
It was said during the beginning of this week so if the "One or two weeks" holds up then next week is the week we get something.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
It was said during the beginning of this week so if the "One or two weeks" holds up then next week is the week we get something.
Has it really been that long already? I'm talking about the Roger's Base/Stealth thing. Let me check actually...

Okay, so it was Tuesday. I guess that counts as beginning of the week though it was only three days ago.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Has it really been that long already? I'm talking about the Roger's Base/Stealth thing. Let me check actually...

Okay, so it was Tuesday. I guess that counts as beginning of the week though it was only three days ago.
Yeah. I remember because I went to Wal-Mart instead of during my homework for Class the next day. LOL

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Quick question. Now that the ballot is over and everyone is waiting on results, is any fandom still showing strong support or is everyone just silently waiting?

Demented Dex

Smash Cadet
Quick question. Now that the ballot is over and everyone is waiting on results, is any fandom still showing strong support or is everyone just silently waiting?
I was playing some FG matches yesterday and I encountered someone with the tag "DW4SMASH".

I have no idea which character that could be.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I'm glad fans aren't in charge of picking the rosters. What terrible and actuallywouldhappen ideas. But you can't trust Sakurai completely either. Hmm...

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
You guys obviously don't know the TRUE ballot winner. I've been hinting her this whole time~
edgykpop avatar.png

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
This place is getting very Zelda Social-y again...

Any chance we can change the mood a little? It's kind of clique-y and offputting to outsiders.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Almost as bad as Shovel Knight...

I kid of course (Although his fans have kind of put me off to the character)
Until I see SK in action (and I already have a pretty solid idea of what he can do) I can't say I would be that excited about it. All I want for Christmas is Krystal.

Top Bottom