• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I wonder how Sakurai's staff resists him whenever he comes up with one of his zany ideas. "No Sakurai-san, -restrains- You're not going to add another Fire Emblem character! Koji, help me keep him still! Don't let him reach his phone! -Sakurai struggles to get free- HE'S GOING TO CALL INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS TO GET INFORMATION ON AZURA!"
How about we talk about how we started supporting Krystal
I started supporting her after I played Adventures and later Assault. I thought she would make a strong addition to the roster. Of course, by the time you've opened up the support threads, it's already too late. The roster selections are made. You're under the impression you're "supporting" but you're really just hoping. :urg:

This is why I was excited about the ballot. We have a chance to actually impact the character selection process.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'm not really sure, I'd never played a Star Fox game and the only real connection with the series was Wolf who I liked to play in Brawl. Then as smash 4 speculation started up, I joined smashboards and I learned about all these characters that appealed to me like her and Ridley, Robin, Dark Samus, Bowser jr and I started supporting them without any real connection to any of their games aside from Jr, It just kinda happened

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I actually started supporting her when the ballot was announced.
When smash 4 was still in development I only wanted to see Sonic return, and when he was announced I started thinking "who would I like to see in smash..." and the weird thing was that I couldn't think of any Nintendo character I would've liked. But then suddenly I started thinking "Wolf would be neat to see again, because I've become a bit of a fan of the Star Fox series" so I was hoping for him to return, but he didn't and it was kinda disappointing. I kept hoping that they would bring him back as in DLC, but then suddenly the Ballot was announced and I started thinking who would be a cool new character.
I was first going to vote for Bayonetta, but I started thinking that would she really fit in etc. so I didn't vote for her.
I kept thinking that I would really like to see some new characters rather than old veterans who I have already seen, it was the chance to finally voice an opinion about one. And then I thought to myself "I would like to see Star Fox characters, but I don't want a waste this to a veteran...". Suddenly I remembered Krystal and decided to vote for her, and as time passed on I really started to think the possibilities with her and how awesome she could really be. And now she happens to be the only one I care about getting into smash, but Wolf would still be cool. (Both of them would be a dream come true).

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
My support for Krystal came from me wanting a 4th Star Fox character at first. I wanted the series to grow but the Star Fox series is kinda dormant even right now. Later on my interest in her grew. I wanted to see where she came from, what happened to world, and why everyone hated on her >_<. Originally I was going to use my vote on Wolf, then i realized, all these past veterans are coming back so Wolf seems guaranteed, and why use a vote on a veteran when we can get something new

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
I remember I started supporting Krystal as soon as Sm4sh was confirmed to happen way back in E3 2011
However I wanted Krystal to join smash WAAY back in 2003 I remember thinking to myself I love fighting using this staff we should have a fighter like this in smash bros!

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I've been interested in her as far back as Brawl, myself. I played Star Fox Adventures a long time ago, and...this is starting to sound familiar, isn't it?

Not that I would have admitted to supporting her for Brawl. Not only was she one of those characters you weren't supposed to like, I was at an age where being a Nintendo fan in general was like wearing a big sign around that said "you can harass me and get away with it".

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
But it would look like crap and break easily. 0.0
It's a delicate work of art that you leave in a display case. Honestly, if the glue was strong enough to keep the limbs in place for the pose, the figures are going to be sturdy enough to survive at least one or two accidental drops. :smirk:

Last edited:

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
It's a delicate work of art that you leave in a display case. Honestly, if the glue was strong enough to keep the limbs in place for the pose, the figures are going to be sturdy enough to survive at least one or two accidentals drops. :smirk:
Ooooh, that's right. It most likely would not be used. :p

Oh, and it'll at least survive a pile of dust. XP

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Before anyone assumes it's true, Nintendos Amiibo page is rather messed up on everything. What i'm getting at is people are assuming Shovel Knight is confirmed because he's supposedly compatible with it, but as many have even pointed out, Toad and a few others are listed with the Smash series as well, in other words it's a glitch.

in case anyone comes here to panic.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Less a glitch, more a mistake. Kind of like how Zero Suit Samus was accidentally listed as compatible for some other game a while back?

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
*Sigh* Still doing the good fight and defending Krystal on GameFAQs like always.
What's going on there? People still randomly bashing her?
To back this up, hopefully they're being sincere, but https://twitter.com/YachtClubGames/status/653046154020556801
Yeah apparently those mistakes happen around the amiibo info site.
I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the shovel knight supporters, since they are being toyed around so badly. Especially if all this Shovel Knight in smash stuff ends up being a complete lie, that's gonna burn after countless fake leaks.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
What's going on there? People still randomly bashing her?

Yeah apparently those mistakes happen around the amiibo info site.
I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the shovel knight supporters, since they are being toyed around so badly. Especially if all this Shovel Knight in smash stuff ends up being a complete lie, that's gonna burn after countless fake leaks.
Random bashing, saying that she can't have her staff as part of her move-set. Wolf first and only Wolf. The same old, same old to be honest.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Random bashing, saying that she can't have her staff as part of her move-set. Wolf first and only Wolf. The same old, same old to be honest.
May I ask, why do you bother defending her against biased people who will not change their minds?
Not judging or anything, just asking. I sometimes make conversation with some people who display obvious hatred towards her to hear their thoughts, but if they just start spouting overly biased stuff and saying I'm wrong in this completely opinion based discussion, then I tend to just ignore them, since I doubt they have anything meaningful to say.
But I am curious (for idiocy), what are their reasons for her not to being able to use her staff?

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
May I ask, why do you bother defending her against biased people who will not change their minds?
Not judging or anything, just asking. I sometimes make conversation with some people who display obvious hatred towards her to hear their thoughts, but if they just start spouting overly biased stuff and saying I'm wrong in this completely opinion based discussion, then I tend to just ignore them, since I doubt they have anythinh meaningful to say.
But I am curious (for idiocy), what are their reasons for her not to being able to use her staff?
Because I love Krystal and I will defend her even though I know its pointless. I sat in the dark for to long out of fear of being attacked for liking her. Not anymore.

For her not using her staff its because none of the other Star Fox characters do anything different she Krystal won't ever. That is really it.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Because I love Krystal and I will defend her even though I know its pointless. I sat in the dark for to long out of fear of being attacked for liking her. Not anymore.

For her not using her staff its because none of the other Star Fox characters do anything different she Krystal won't ever. That is really it.
(Regarding about her not using the staff) I honestly expected a better excuse xD and I don't even know why...
Could you possibly give a link to the discussion? I became a bit more curious now.

And hey, more power to you, at least maybe some outsider might see those discussions and start to see how dumb some of those haters can be. Who knows.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
After playing Adventures and seeing her staff had for powers I strongly supported Krystal to become a fighter since Brawl where with her skills with her staff's, magic and elemental powers as well the combat skills she would make her a perfect fit, then of course Brawl releases and Krystal wasn't in but as a thophy and cameo, but Wolf made it, I was disappointed at first but learned to like Wolf infact I preferred Wolf compaired to Fox and Falco.

Then came Sm4sh's announcement hoping Krystal would make it due to all the female fighters in this installment but still nothing until the ballot where I voted for her and Shantae I'm hoping one or both make it but that's wishful thinking but who knows I mean she WAS actually considered for Brawl who knows but if she still doesn't make the cut as DLC I'll be fine with that there's always Smash 5

Zteven

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zteven
3DS FC
5172-1365-2942
So apparently the former NoA Employee knows who's going to be the next Smash Bros. DLC character. There's also some hints, too.

1. This character is a newcomer.
2.This character is popular, but may not be the #1 character on the ballot.
3.This character would make a lot of buzz in social media.
4.This character is a first-party character.
5.This character's inclusion shouldn't be a surprise.
6.Although one of the guys promptly deleted the tweet, the character is not Wolf, Shovel Knight, or Shantae.
7.Apparently it's a Newcomer + New Stage combo according to stealth.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
So apparently the former NoA Employee knows who's going to be the next Smash Bros. DLC character. There's also some hints, too.

6.Although one of the guys promptly deleted the tweet, the character is not Wolf, Shovel Knight, or Shantae.

What do you guys think?
All clues that pertain to Krystal

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne

What do you guys think?
Oh, more "legit" leaks...

While these sound promising, unless I see some hard evidence, I'm not buyin' it.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Oh, more "legit" leaks...

While these sound promising, unless I see some hard evidence, I'm not buyin' it.
Rogersbase seems fairly reliable, he's a former nintendo employee with a pretty big youtube fanbase which I doubt he'd want to damage. Then there's Stealth who has some kind of connections with nintendo, he apparently leaked some splatoon direct or press event or something, I don't know the specifics. I don't entirely believe it either but it seems possible

Last edited:

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Rogersbase seems fairly reliable, he's a former nintendo employee with a pretty big youtube fanbase which I doubt he'd want to damage. Then there's Stealth who has some kind of connections with nintendo, he apparently leaked some splatoon direct or press event or something, I don't know the specifics. I don't entirely believe it either but it seems possible
While he might be somewhat reliable, I'm taking every leak and rumor with a grain of salt until more convincing stuff comes along, no matter how much I want it to be true.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand how leaks get big. You just throw in character names that a large majority of people want, pick a month that people expect news, and photoshop some pictures.

Who finds these leaks and why does everyone fall for them?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
While he might be somewhat reliable, I'm taking every leak and rumor with a grain of salt until more convincing stuff comes along, no matter how much I want it to be true.
Of course but there's way too many people who supposedly know about this for it to just be some kind of coincidence, or this is all a big hoax and all of these people are ****ing with us

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Of course but there's way too many people who supposedly know about this for it to just be some kind of coincidence, or this is all a big hoax and all of these people are ****ing with us
Only one explaination... THE ILLUMINATI! *x-files theme*

I guess we'll know in due time

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin

What do you guys think?
Likely another hoax, but if it's true, it'd probably be Dixie Kong or Isaac...but Krystal isn't out of the question.

Again, though. Not worth putting any trust in.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I'd guess that it's inkling, it just seems like a good fit with this whole rumor thing, but we'll supposedly see in a few weeks. If there is a direct announced soon then I'll believe these guys, but like any other rumor, I take it with a bag of salt.

And then I'll get some water because my mouth is too dry.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Inklings or Dixie...

Seriously. They'd be more newcomers for who I'm not be able to get excited for. Same goes for K. Rool. Sorry to any fans of them around here but this really fails to get me hyped, at all. Like this Smash generation in general. I had my fun with this game for a while but the lack of characters I'd consider cool or at least interesting rather quickly pushed me away. Too many Mario characters, lost my main, had to settle with a new one I'm not really interested in characterwise and no story mode. So far, the majority of the DLC characters have been rather meh and if this turns out to be yet another disappointment I don't know if I'm gonna pick this game up again...

At the moment each time there's a rumor of an upcoming DLC with characters I don't want to see I'm all like

I really hope the announcement comes soon so I know if I have to wait yet another couple of months for something to finally make me believe In Sakurais decision-making ability. And yes, before you ask, I'm starting to look for more places to store the salt xD

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Inklings or Dixie...

Seriously. They'd be more newcomers for who I'm not be able to get excited for. Same goes for K. Rool. Sorry to any fans of them around here but this really fails to get me hyped, at all. Like this Smash generation in general. I had my fun with this game for a while but the lack of characters I'd consider cool or at least interesting rather quickly pushed me away. Too many Mario characters, lost my main, had to settle with a new one I'm not really interested in characterwise and no story mode. So far, the majority of the DLC characters have been rather meh and if this turns out to be yet another disappointment I don't know if I'm gonna pick this game up again...

At the moment each time there's a rumor of an upcoming DLC with characters I don't want to see I'm all like

I really hope the announcement comes soon so I know if I have to wait yet another couple of months for something to finally make me believe In Sakurais decision-making ability. And yes, before you ask, I'm starting to look for more places to store the salt xD
Inklings are from nintendo's biggest new IP in recent history and K Rool and Dixie are beloved characters from one of nintendo's most popular series, Who exactly would you consider hype? (Other than obviously Krystal who makes no sense to add as a pre-ballot character) And lets not forget that this isn't all about you, they need to cater to the majority who do want these characters

Last edited:

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
If there were any characters that i never understood the hype for, its the Inklings. Can someone explain why so many people want them

Top Bottom