• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
What do you mean?
Just when Jordan found the poll.

*gasp* jahkzheng jahkzheng your avatar
With the ballot over, I felt it was time to put on my new old face. The Krystal avatar I've had until now is something I screencapped and edited to look like this Zelda expression, but I guess it wasn't quite as "sassy". HW Zelda is so sassy though, lol. And I love her in Smash too.

Last edited:

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
With the ballot over, I felt it was time to put on my new old face. The Krystal avatar I've had until now is something I screencapped and edited to look like this Zelda expression, but I guess it wasn't quite as "sassy". HW Zelda is so sassy though, lol. And I love her in Smash too.
Zelda is the epitome of sass. Do you ever visit the Zelda Social?

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Yes. Not too often though. I'm simply not active enough on the board to keep up. I afk a lot. They go through pages like five times a day.
lol, it's so true. I'm a regular there so don't be surprised if you see me the next time you visit lol.

Last edited:

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
People nowadays just complain for the sake of complaining. If they don't like something they complain, if something doesn't go their way they complain. People need to learn that the way they see things isn't the way everyone else sees something. I want Krystal in Smash, but if some lesser known character gets in over her i would be a little upset, but there's nothing i could do about it so why spread my saltiness to other people?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I just haven't really followed where he's sending all his fans to vote that's all.
You did get a chance to vote in the Source Gaming stuff though right? I kind of made a push to get all the Krystal supporters I could to vote on it so that we could have a fair representation. I knew we were out there and I wanted people to see the poll and think, "well, Krystal's a lot more popular than I realized", mostly for those on the fence. I think it worked out. The 5 votes is where it matters. That's much more reflective of the ballot than "want average".

So yeah, I guess I was following very close and it was kind of a big deal around here when Jordon jumped on board.

lol, it's so true. I'm a regular there so don't be surprised if you see me the next time you visit lol.
I'll have to visit again soon. I just really dedicated myself to this Krystal community for the last half year just about. So when I did get on I was here mostly.

When I first arrived here prior to the ballot, there was a lot to help. This group was relatively quiet and discouraged, but we've come a long way. I could've been anywhere on the board perhaps having more fun, but this place and it's cause was worth it. And now it's a fun place in it's own right, especially in the last couple months. And we can pin some of that on this one "Edgy" guy that keeps things light.

Not to say it wasn't fun when I first arrived, but it certainly wasn't as "happy" and "light" as it is now. The fun was more to do with speculation and hanging out with like minded people. People were more discouraged in general though, but that was probably to do with the ballot not existing yet anyways as much as anything.

Last edited:

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Some people call themselves eliminating the competition. That's one of the main reasons why she has that amount of "no's."
Pretty much I've seen people rate Krystal want 0 in the RTC thread because...
Quote: "She would get in the way of Wolf" or "She would be an obstacle for Wolf"

And who was the most wanted character on that poll?
Spoler alert: Wolf.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Quote: "She would get in the way of Wolf" or "She would be an obstacle for Wolf"

Technically everyone is an obstacle for some other character, so to say this to one fandom and make it seem like a problem is ignorant

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Technically everyone is an obstacle for some other character, so to say this to one fandom and make it seem like a problem is ignorant
Not in the way some assume Krystal is toward Wolf, though. So many people assume we'll only get one DLC character per franchise, and it's treated as a sure thing even though what we've seen from Sakurai in the past implies he'd have no problem doubling up on characters if the fan support and the characters' potential were there.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

The inverse can be said and it would be just as wrong. I see it this way, Krystal is competing with a different set of characters than Wolf is. She's the newcomer, he's the veteran.

Last edited:

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
When I first arrived here prior to the ballot, there was a lot to help. This group was relatively quiet and discouraged, but we've come a long way. I could've been anywhere on the board perhaps having more fun, but this place and it's cause was worth it. And now it's a fun place in it's own right, especially in the last couple months. And we can pin some of that on this one "Edgy" guy that keeps things light.
I remember back when I was lurking in the shadows, not having an account yet, this place was certainly not what it is today. It was very saddening to see a character that I've grown to love so much over the years have her fanbase generally be discouraged. In a way, I can see where the defeat comes from. Having your character being shunned by Nintendo so often will eventually take it's toll. However, this thread managed to pull through. This thread has undergone such a change, it almost makes me emotional :'). To go from a such a dark place to a lively and cheerful one is incredible. Am I partly to blame for this, maybe, but then again it wouldn't of matter if you guys didn't pull through as well. I'm glad to have joined you guys, even if I was a bit late lol. Just know that we did an amazing job as group, no matter the outcome in the end.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Are there any characters we know of (aside from Shrek, etc.) that has as much ADVERSITY as Krystal does? Let's check it out:

She's got the furry controversy, she's got the controversy about "she ruined muh Star Fox franchise!!1!", she's got the people who say "she'll get in the way of Wolf!!1!", she's got the general disliking due to past behavior of people fanatically supporting her from Brawl (and shoving her in lots of people's faces), she's got people complaining about her relevancy (especially because of SF: Zero), she's got the people who don't understand her potential because "she hasn't really done anything in the series at all!!1!", and probably a lot more I won't be able to recount on the spot.

Seriously, she's kinda like the most underdog-esque character suggested for Smash DLC excluding her popularity. There's a ton of depressing, ignorant negativity surrounding her.

NOTE: I'm NOT speaking about these as if they matter towards her inclusion; I'm speaking about these in the sense of the general adversity she receives.

Also, I'm sure that all other characters have their share of negativity. I'm just saying that their negativity seems to somewhat pale in comparison to Krystal's. It's probably because I pay more attention to the comments surrounding her than other characters, but still...

I'm probably a victim of the confirmation bias, aren't I?

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
This is most likely a lie given the context behind the claim, but supposedly this is the results that were "mined".

1444342151402.png

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

While a likely correlation, there's a number of Wolf supporters who wouldn't mind Krystal... just as long as they got Wolf first. I imagine we get some 4s from Wolf supporters. Truth is, Krystal hate comes from all over. It's no more from Wolf fans than it is from anywhere else in all likelihood.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Oh good, I'm not the only one confused lol
There's a number of characters apparently on there twice and weird fractions beside the names. Seems people are interpreting the order of the list to mean something, and that's about it.

Krystal's one of the characters on there twice. I'm just going to assume that's good.

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
The list is a claimed datamine leak of the official ballot, though because no source was there to back this up i'm willing to say this is another fake leak claim. To how I found this was I felt like going places and just so happened to notice it.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Ooh? Interesting. Where did you find it or who shared it?

Hmmm....There are two things for "Krystal" and "Crystal" as well as "King K. Rool" and "K. Rool"

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
The list is a claimed datamine leak of the official ballot, though because no source was there to back this up i'm willing to say this is another fake leak claim. To how I found this was I felt like going places and just so happened to notice it.
There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it either. I can't interpret it at least.

Well then this leak results is mostly likely fake then.
Is your avatar supposed to be a stylized version of Cyn's avatar?

Ooh? Interesting. Where did you find it or who shared it?

Hmmm....There are two things for "Krystal" and "Crystal" as well as "King K. Rool" and "K. Rool"
I'm surprised there's isn't an "Issac" on that list~

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it either. I can't interpret it at least.

Is your avatar supposed to be a stylized version of Cyn's avatar?

I'm surprised there's isn't an "Issac" on that list~
Right? I figured they would also have his misspelled name here as well.

Draxis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xShadowSladexx
jahkzheng jahkzheng I had a feeling you probably would of compare my avatar to Cyn's avatar, so no it is not a stylized version of Cyn's avatar it is my own character from a series I'm making. It is strange that Isaac isn't in this list so I declare this leak fake.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
jahkzheng jahkzheng I had a feeling you probably would of compare my avatar to Cyn's avatar, so no it is not a stylized version of Cyn's avatar it is my own character from a series I'm making. It is strange that Isaac isn't in this list so I declare this leak fake.
So that's your art huh? I like the style. There's something "pseudo-avant-garde" about it. It has the distinct look of a piece done by a childrens' book impressionist illustrator.

It does have a strong resemblance to Cyn's character I must say. Why did you think I would see this in particular? Or was this just a way of saying you expected "someone" to point it out. If not, perhaps my critical eye has made me predictable.

Oh, Isaac is on the list. It just that Issac isn't. Really ruins its credibility~

Last edited:

Draxis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xShadowSladexx
jahkzheng jahkzheng Well I kinda expected someone to point it out but I guess I had a feeling that you would notice since sometimes I think you look at people's avatar whenever they change it and ask about it so yeah just a hunch feeling and thank you I'm glad you like my art style also I will be changing my avatar sometimes to some of my characters.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
This is most likely a lie given the context behind the claim, but supposedly this is the results that were "mined".

View attachment 77228
>Spongebob, Goku and Monkey D. Luffy in the top 25
>Chrom in the top 10
>Mispelled Krystal taking up a second ranking
>Correctly spelled Krystal in the top 10

Are you sure this thing's not real?

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
>Spongebob, Goku and Monkey D. Luffy in the top 25
>Chrom in the top 10
>Mispelled Krystal taking up a second ranking
>Correctly spelled Krystal in the top 10

Are you sure this thing's not real?
And then there's Jibanyan sitting at 5th, with allegedly more support from the US than Japan. Part of me thinks whoever made this just wanted to spread controversy...

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
And then there's Jibanyan sitting at 5th, with allegedly more support from the US than Japan. Part of me thinks whoever made this just wanted to spread controversy...
What if the bulk of the votes for Jibanyan came from Japan? What do the order of the abbreviations mean?

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
What if the bulk of the votes for Jibanyan came from Japan? What do the order of the abbreviations mean?
Damned if I know. Personally, I seriously doubt Jibanyan had enough of a bandwagon over there to outpace so many other characters when he's had next to no support anywhere other than Japan.

Look at me. Cross-analyzing a likely hoax.

Top Bottom