• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
The results are finally here:, tag me so I can hear your thoughts!
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/10/08/sgpollingresults1/
Inkling number 2? :O That's a suprise. I honestly thought they lost popularity over time but apparently not lol. Anyways...

I'm glad to see that Krystal managed to get 18th, especially considering all the 1's that she had gotten over the course of this poll :/. Also 5th in Part 1, which was 1st party newcomers... I think... It was a while since I voted so correct me if I'm wrong XD. That's really exciting to see because I personally feel that's the area Sakurai is going to tackle the most for the ballot characters. Goes to show that Krystal is a lot more popular then people give her credit for. All the 5's is very encouraging.

Also Impa for 12th? :O Yes~
edgykpop2.0.png

Edit: lol. Okay, I guess Wolf wasn't in the poll but now he is. Poll needs to stop bein so tr4shy.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
He is now. He's number 1. Krystal is still 18th though.
Ahh... sweet bliss. When I didn't see Wolf at number one I was upset, but then I didn't even see him in top twenty and knew they left him out of the results, haha.

Don't you mean Poll it together? I'll see myself out now
Go behind the shed. Now. I'll be there with a rifle in a few minutes.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
Wait, we shouldn't fight, we should be friends and get back to supporting...

Um...

Who is this thread for again :/

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
The results are finally here:, tag me so I can hear your thoughts!
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/10/08/sgpollingresults1/
I still don't agree with you putting in those options for "No" this is suppose to be about what character people like/want not what characters people don't like.
If there was no, "No" option Krystal had one of the highest amounts of "Yes" votes but the haters/straight ticket voters just "No'd" everything, coming in Seventh place.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
@BluePikmin11

Wow such accurate results! Bang up job, Pikmin! I would have never thought Krystal was in the top 10 of highest like counts! You know, the ones that are most likely (heh, get it?) to matter!

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
So there is this person on GameFAQs trying to say that Krystal supporters, "cheated" on the poll because of her jump in votes.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, because rallying "support" and voting multiple times on multiple devices only ever happens in this fan base.
Krystal did have some pretty obvious multiple votes by one person, I checked myself (bunch of fives for krystal while everyone else was just 3, and those were all submitted in a row). But of course it doesn't mean everyone else is pure clean, the person who voted Krystal multiple times was just sloppy with his execution. It is sad that people will cheat on a fan poll that is meaningless and is only supposed to show us fans what is the overall opinion on certain characters.
Plus what can we do about that one person decides to cheat? It doesn't mean that when there's one "bad apple" among others that everyone else would also be "bad apples".

Edit: Plus it's no secret that probably everybody (minus few, for example me) voted multiple times in the actual ballot. So many people have admitted it and nobody is judging that.
Sure cheating in a fan poll is just simply stupid, but again, it's not like it matters really, we can easily just estimate "okay this character would just be lower on the list" that's all.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Krystal did have some pretty obvious multiple votes by one person, I checked myself (bunch of fives for krystal while everyone else was just 3, and those were all submitted in a row). But of course it doesn't mean everyone else is pure clean, the person who voted Krystal multiple times was just sloppy with his execution. It is sad that people will cheat on a fan poll that is meaningless and is only supposed to show us fans what is the overall opinion on certain characters.
Plus what can we do about that one person decides to cheat? It doesn't mean that when there's one "bad apple" among others that everyone else would also be "bad apples".
You can't do anything and Nintendo can't do anything about their ballot either. They're trusting their instincts. I like the admin of Krystal Archives' idea. Pay to vote. One dollar entrance fee per voter would help deter people from jigging the ballot and the results would be an objective indication that the character can raise money.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
You can't do anything and Nintendo can't do anything about their ballot either. They're trusting their instincts. I like the admin of Krystal Archives' idea. Pay to vote. One dollar entrance fee per voter would help deter people from jigging the ballot and the results would be an objective indication that the character can raise money.
Yeah but if Nintendo would do it that way it would just end up making them greedy "You can pay us to consider your character". <_< But at least Nintendos poll isn't a popularity contest (like these fan polls kinda end up being because their basically asking "who's the most popular") and is just a suggestion box, so I don't think it's that bad if there are some multiple votes.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman

Edit: Plus it's no secret that probably everybody (minus few, for example me) voted multiple times in the actual ballot. So many people have admitted it and nobody is judging that.
Sure cheating in a fan poll is just simply stupid, but again, it's not like it matters really, we can easily just estimate "okay this character would just be lower on the list" that's all.
I voted her "Yes" option and a few others while I gave everyone else a "Three" vote since I didn't want to give everyone else a "No" vote and I feel others did the same thing like me.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Yeah but if Nintendo would do it that way it would just end up making them greedy "You can pay us to consider your character". <_< But at least Nintendos poll isn't a popularity contest (like these fan polls kinda end up being because their basically asking "who's the most popular") and is just a suggestion box, so I don't think it's that bad if there are some multiple votes.
For a fan poll, this would work beautifully. For Nintendo, not so much. They need as many people as they can get to vote and unfortunately that leaves them wide open for 15 votes from one person.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Krystal's number 7 if you only count rank5 votes.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Yeah, because rallying "support" and voting multiple times on multiple devices only ever happens in this fan base.
Don't you know? It's only wrong when fans of a character they dislike do it! >_>

Krystal's number 7 if you only count rank5 votes.
And at least two of them (Snake, ICs) have serious issues in their way that Krystal does not.

Last edited:

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
If there was no, "No" option Krystal had one of the highest amounts of "Yes" votes but the haters/straight ticket voters just "No'd" everything, coming in Seventh place.
Some people call themselves eliminating the competition. That's one of the main reasons why she has that amount of "no's."

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I voted her "Yes" option and a few others while I gave everyone else a "Three" vote since I didn't want to give everyone else a "No" vote and I feel others did the same thing like me.
I'm sure some did it that way, but it does seem a bit suspicious that there are multiple like that in a row for Krystal.

For a fan poll, this would work beautifully. For Nintendo, not so much.
They need as many people as they can get to vote and unfortunately that leaves them wide open for 15 votes from one person.
Well it would still leave the results as unreliable, because then not everyone would vote. I do like the idea and the money could be sent to charity, it's not a bad idea. But the thing is, these are always going to be unreliable and people will cheat no matter what. there's no avoiding it on the internet.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure some did it that way, but it does seem a bit suspicious that there are multiple like that in a row for Krystal.

Well it would still leave the results as unreliable, because then not everyone would vote. I do like the idea and the money could be sent to charity, it's not a bad idea. But the thing is, these are always going to be unreliable and people will cheat no matter what. there's no avoiding it on the internet.
Was the voting on September 13th? Because if it was.

https://twitter.com/JordanSweeto/status/643073224905912320

The Tweet Jordan put out linking to the Poll was on that date.

I also found this Tweet which relates to another boost in votes for Krystal on Sept 9

https://twitter.com/JordanSweeto/status/641439429253398528

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Not everyone votes in the fan polls as it is. The results you saw up top don't even make up 1% of the entire community's opinion.

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
Krystal did have some pretty obvious multiple votes by one person, I checked myself (bunch of fives for krystal while everyone else was just 3, and those were all submitted in a row).
IIRC... a log in is required to vote. It can't be voted on by the same person in a row. :/

Wolf, King K Rool, Isaac, Snake, Rayman, Banjo & Kazooie, Chibi Robo, Bandana Dee, Shantae, Shovel Knight... all the support threads here are guilty of that. I saw someone say they voted for Wolf over 40 times.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Was the voting on September 13th? Because if it was.

https://twitter.com/JordanSweeto/status/643073224905912320

The Tweet Jordan put out linking to the Poll was on that date.

I also found this Tweet which relates to another boost in votes for Krystal on Sept 9

https://twitter.com/JordanSweeto/status/641439429253398528
Actually it is, the votes happened around 13.9. and 14.9. That actually does give great evidence that all those votes are from Jordans fans. Well that's a relief.

Last edited:

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
I come back to this thread and i don't even know what happened. Are we yelling at each other right now or are we civilized right now? It's so hard to tell sometimes lol

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

BluePikmin's and the other Source Gaming polls were pretty well limited by google accounts. Unless you had several google accounts prepared before this poll reached you, you couldn't spam votes like this. I believe what you're seeing is literally Jordan's influence, heh.

Also, 5 votes is where it's at.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I come back to this thread and i don't even know what happened. Are we yelling at each other right now or are we civilized right now? It's so hard to tell sometimes lol
We're all being civil here and we were wondering about one fan poll, since there were some people accusing someone for cheating in it by voting Krystal multiple of times, but it now seems that all those votes are by Jordans fans. ;o

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
We're all being civil here and we were wondering about one fan poll, since there were some people accusing someone for cheating in it by voting Krystal multiple of times, but it now seems that all those votes are by Jordans fans. ;o
I guess you weren't around for that gloriousness, or just forgot somehow, heh.

Top Bottom