• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I bet Krystal is probably gonna get Smashified next. I don't really see too many characters rivaling her at the moment. As for when it'll come out, who knows. I think they're making her in 3D, but it may also take awhile because Omni and Chris are getting sick of the **** some of their fans are giving them.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
I bet Krystal is probably gonna get Smashified next. I don't really see too many characters rivaling her at the moment. As for when it'll come out, who knows. I think they're making her in 3D, but it may also take awhile because Omni and Chris are getting sick of the **** some of their fans are giving them.
How long, exactly, will we get the finished model?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Bomberman's took a little time, but came out nicely. Catch 22. We want Omni to finish ASAP, but he needs to take his time to get the best result.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Hey, first time poster on this thread! I don't know too much about Krystal, but I'm always curious to see other people's perspectives on what characters they would like to see as DLC and why they want them. Though i'm personally not a Krystal fan, I understand why you guys want her as DLC, and I wish you all the best of luck for the ballot!
(btw, I wouldn't mind if Krystal was DLC, I just don't know much about her)

I know this is kind of off-topic for a first time post on this thread, but all this talk about what ground battles in the new Star Fox got me thinking about a very unlikely idea. I'm not the most knowledgeable about the Star Fox series, so feel free to correct me if everything I bring up couldn't work. I just thought this might be something interesting to bring up.

Since the game is being co-developed by Platinum Games, what if the theoretical ground battles played like an over-the-top action game in the same vein as Bayonetta, Devil May Cry, etc. They could make use out of some of the unused attacks in the Smash games.

The fox-illusion could work as dash and dodge, the reflector could function as both a reflector and a parry, the fire fox could be a charge attack, etc. I've only ever played Star Fox Assault once at a friend's house and I don't have a clue how the ground battles work in that game, but I imagine that it can take some cues from Assault as well.

Last edited:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Hey, first time poster on this thread! I don't know too much about Krystal, but I'm always curious to see other people's perspectives on what characters they would like to see as DLC and why they want them. Though i'm personally not a Krystal fan, I understand why you guys want her as DLC, and I wish you all the best of luck for the ballot!
(btw, I wouldn't mind if Krystal was DLC, I just don't know much about her)

I know this is kind of off-topic for a first time post on this thread, but all this talk about what ground battles in the new Star Fox got me thinking about a very unlikely idea. I'm not the most knowledgeable about the Star Fox series, so feel free to correct me if everything I said couldn't work. I just thought this might be something interesting to bring up.

Since the game is being co-developed by Platinum Games, what if the theoretical ground battles played like an over-the-top action game in the same vein as Bayonetta, Devil May Cry, etc. They could make use out of some of the unused attacks in the Smash games.

The fox-illusion could work like a dodge, the reflector could function as both a reflector and a parry, the fire fox could be a charge attack, etc. I've only ever played Star Fox Assault once at a friend's house and I don't have a clue how the ground battles work in that game, but I imagine that it can take some cues from Assault as well.
If only more people who aren't fans of Krystal were this open minded. Heck, it's nice to see open mindedness like this in general. Your idea is definitely interesting. Personally I'm not sure if a hack n slash action style would fit Star Fox, but I think certain elements within the same vein would work. I guess it'd also make a good spin off like title, similar to Hyrule Warriors.

But yeah, thanks for your input. :)

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
Here’s an idea for a final smash that I thought up. Instead of using something from the games, I wanted to think of something a little more original.

Krystal magically forms a blue spherical field as an aura taking the shape of a nine-tailed fox forms around her body. She can move and jump around in this state in order to trap opponents in the field as it follows her. After a few seconds pass, the field will flash and paralyze the opponents inside of it as the kitsune shape rushes into them blasting them off the stage.

I thought of it as a reference to how Shigeru Miyamoto got the idea for Star Fox from the Fushimi Inari Shrine which he talked about in the E3 Direct.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Here’s an idea for a final smash that I thought up. Instead of using something from the games, I wanted to think of something a little more original.

Krystal magically forms a blue spherical field as an aura taking the shape of a nine-tailed fox forms around her body. She can move and jump around in this state in order to trap opponents in the field as it follows her. After a few seconds pass, the field will flash and paralyze the opponents inside of it as the kitsune shape rushes into them blasting them off the stage.

I thought of it as a reference to how Shigeru Miyamoto got the idea for Star Fox from the Fushimi Inari Shrine which he talked about in the E3 Direct.
Sounds too much like Naruto though

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Remember what I said about character swapping being done in NASCAR 06, here's proof:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EBdfniMknmc
If this can be done on a 10 year old PS2 game, I don't know why Nintendo couldn't make it work for a Star Fox game on Wii U
Because they didn't implement the gameplay feature. Its not because they couldn't, its because they didn't.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Remember what I said about character swapping being done in NASCAR 06, here's proof:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EBdfniMknmc
If this can be done on a 10 year old PS2 game, I don't know why Nintendo couldn't make it work for a Star Fox game on Wii U
If they did that, they'd worry it isn't similar enough to 64. Don't want those elitists throwing their toys out the pram.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I feel like I'm in a thread bashing strawmen of genwunners (Transformers or Pokemon, take your pick)

This is supposed to be the Kystal Support, not the screw y'all thread.

Last edited:

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Definitely, I wanted her in Smash since I first played Adventures 13 years ago if she makes in I will do my best to main her, right now the only main I have is Zero Suit Samus and to be honest one of my reasons for choosing her was because she is voice by Alésia Glidewell (I know, this is a stupid reason)
As soon as I started wacking baddies in adventures my 11 years old self though. hmm It would be cool to have a fighter like Fox in smash, I then figurred that fighter would be Krystal so yeah I wanted her in smash since I first played adventures too.

By the way where did you found that Earthbound X Starfox Gif I love both series so I think it looks pretty awsome.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
All this talk about ideas for a new Starfox game sounds interesting.

I've thought about this before If COULD make the next game in the franchise this would be my goals:
1st Create an experience where the player feels like he really is the leader of an expert mercanary unit in toher words he is the one in command and he is the one who teakes decisions in the game, this would mean adding features such as.
-In game currency (That can be used to upgrade ships thanks to slippy, get items like power bombs, shields,etc) these would be obtained after completing missions and the player decides how he spends that money.
-Teammate commands so that the player can tell orders to AI and do stuff like covering a damaged teammate,defend certain location, go on the offensive)
-pre mission plan ? idk its sorta like @ TheLegendaryFoxFire TheLegendaryFoxFire suggested what if you could choose which teamates you want to with say I don't want to take Slippy for some reason so I choose somebody else or say I want somebody to snipe enemies from the ground instead of flying on the arwing. (Now that would be a pretty cool addition)

2nd Implement every feature that the series introduced over the years (all range mode, Land battles, Alt paths, different endings online,EVERYTHING)
-All ground battles need to come back really 3rd person shooter werent that good until Gears of wars came out (with the exception of sw battlefront) but adding cover mechanic, climbing, melee attacks? yeah why not.
-Online needs more modes besides free for it needs to be more like assault multiplayer which had a lot of customiization.
- walking... yees just walking like in adventures starfox is all about action so I think it would be nice to chill a bit in between mission walking around the greatfox and talk with fox's friends.

Well thouse are my ideas I enjoyed reading of yours guys I appreciate feedback =)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here;s something to talk about, look at the bottom of the lis of known costumes in Mario Maker

Notice there's room for up to 6 Star Fox slots, same as the playable cast in Assault (Including our favorite fur-bait vixen)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Are you ****en kinddin me at least 14 animal crossing characters!!

This is wrong.
There's both a figure line and a card set of them. Makes business sense.

I wonder if Krystal and Wolf will have different sound effects from the 64 er... four or if all 6 will have the same sounds.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Here;s something to talk about, look at the bottom of the lis of known costumes in Mario Maker

Notice there's room for up to 6 Star Fox slots, same as the playable cast in Assault (Including our favorite fur-bait vixen)
I was going to get Mario Maker for sure before. With Krystal, day one purchase! I loved making levels with the Super Mario Flash editor. I know this editor will surpass any expectations I have, if the streams are anything to go by.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Hey everyone. Just a heads up, on the RTC Thread, we're going to be re-rating Krystal this Saturday. It says tomorrow, but it was just updated a few minutes ago, so the day after tomorrow. Don't forget to post! Let's get Krystal into that Top 10!

Holy ****. Star Fox Assault roster in SMM. That'd be amazing.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman

OH MY! There are enough slots for Flaco Peppy and Krystal! :D

Dark_Pit

Smash Cadet

Dont wanna be negative but...

1. Another franchise could be added inbetween wairoware
2. They might just do fox reskins or reskins of the original SF team
3. I do not see King K or even dixie, I doubt krystal would be put in there then.

Hope i'm wrong though, its hard to stay positive for your most wanted when you see hate everywhere and people are starting to agree with slippy>krystal because of this.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Dont wanna be negative but...

1. Another franchise could be added inbetween wairoware
2. They might just do fox reskins or reskins of the original SF team
3. I do not see King K or even dixie, I doubt krystal would be put in there then.

Hope i'm wrong though, its hard to stay positive for your most wanted when you see hate everywhere and people are starting to agree with slippy>krystal because of this.
I don't understand the treehouse mentality EAD has. The Rare thing is completely silly and it's mind-blowing that grown people make these kinds of decisions.

Dark_Pit

Smash Cadet
I don't understand the treehouse mentality EAD has. The Rare thing is completely silly and it's mind-blowing that grown people make these kinds of decisions.
Well you know how nationalistic Japan can be, again I hope im wrong, at least I have this thread where i'm not flamed everytime i say "i voted for krystal".

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything and kept the positive going, but when you've been burned before its kinda hard.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Well you know how nationalistic Japan can be, again I hope im wrong, at least I have this thread where i'm not flamed everytime i say "i voted for krystal".

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything and kept the positive going, but when you've been burned before its kinda hard.
Skepticism now and then can be healthy. Being positive is good, being blind is not. I acknowledge your concerns and think they're valid. The wait should be exciting as the guest costumes continue to be revealed. I think Fox, Falco, Slippy and Peppy are locks for an appearance. The remaining two could be anything. Krystal, Wolf, Andross (as a shocker) or something from an unrelated franchise as you say.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
All this talk about ideas for a new Starfox game sounds interesting.

I've thought about this before If COULD make the next game in the franchise this would be my goals:
1st Create an experience where the player feels like he really is the leader of an expert mercanary unit in toher words he is the one in command and he is the one who teakes decisions in the game, this would mean adding features such as.
-In game currency (That can be used to upgrade ships thanks to slippy, get items like power bombs, shields,etc) these would be obtained after completing missions and the player decides how he spends that money.
- walking... yees just walking like in adventures starfox is all about action so I think it would be nice to chill a bit in between mission walking around the greatfox and talk with fox's friends.
To add to that. Star Fox are a group of mercenaries aren't they? Why not let us have the option to choose optional side missions and vary in objective? This way there is a way to get the currency needed to to buy the upgrades to customize the Awings or even the Great Fox?
Adding a in-between type thing where you just walk around the Great Fox as Fox or any of the crew would be great as well being able to talk to each member or check on what missions are available/in progress would be great.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Simply not having Dixie in there is some bull****. Considering she's one of the few prominent Nintendo heroines that starred in her own game (DKC3, and Diddy's tag teammate in the highly praised DKC2). I get the fact that K. Rool is not there but still.

They ARE open to adding more sprites depending on which new amiibos come out.

I know it's only for the 8-bit mode that you can use these in, but just -imagine- having avatars for each character in all modes.

*drool*

Edit: Anyways, ya'll are talkin' about a Star Fox game that lasts longer than 2 hours so I'm on board. You'd think a group of mercenaries would be able to take side jobs for cash, being able to unlock upgrades for the Arwings, Great Fox, and other vehicles as well as ground combat weaponry and gear. Make the campaign mode co-op online and have competitive multiplayer on the side and you got the GOAT Starfox game.

Sadly that will never happen. I'm very worried Star Fox Zero is the last we'll see of Fox McCloud and co. unless it sells gangbusters in terms of Wii U software sales.

Last edited by a moderator:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
That bottom pick looks naughty.

I realize she's (probably?) still wearing pants but it's hard to tell.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Edit: Anyways, ya'll are talkin' about a Star Fox game that lasts longer than 2 hours so I'm on board. You'd think a group of mercenaries would be able to take side jobs for cash, being able to unlock upgrades for the Arwings, Great Fox, and other vehicles as well as ground combat weaponry and gear. Make the campaign mode co-op online and have competitive multiplayer on the side and you got the GOAT Starfox game.
Heck yes, I'd be all over that kind of Star Fox game if it existed. Probably allow room for casual multiplayer in addition to competitive and that'd cover many bases. Lots of possibilities.

It'd be a shame for Star Fox as a franchise to become potentially irrelevant or disregarded (due to poor sales, etc.) without Nintendo looking into those possibilities.

Top Bottom