• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
You missed Zero Suit Samus. I'd say she's the very essence of sex appeal, aha, but I totally understand what you mean. I'm totally ok with a bit of sex appeal. I'd personally like to see Krystals Adventures outfit as a costume. It shouldn't be the reverse with Krystal honestly but it all comes back to the whole "let's blame Krystal just becuz trolol" thing. I just think if her main costume in Smash was this awesome looking uniform, then it'll show her off in a light where she can't be "blamed just becuz" so much.
I get you. Give them fewer reasons to complain. I'm fine with this, but I hate pacifying trolls! Oh well. What are you gonna do? Every character has them. Ours are just more passionate than usual. :)

Last edited:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
I get you. Give them fewer reasons to complain. I'm fine with this, but I hate pacifying trolls! Oh well. What are you gonna do? Every character has them. Ours are just more passionate than usual. :)
Oh yes. But that's ok. We'll always know the truth of how awesome our favourite vixen is. That's all that matters. ;)

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So, here is a copy/paste of something I did in the Wolf thread. A bunch of questions that I want everyone's opinion on. I know some of you here are also a part of the Wolf thread, so if you've done this before, feel free to ignore it. Otherwise, here:
  1. What do you all think Krystal's pose will be like in her official artwork? How to you want her posed?
  2. You think they'll port over Krystal's model and textures from Assault and upgrade them, or do you think we'll get a redesign?
  3. How do you think Smashified will make her? Like Isaac and rebuild Krystal's Assault model, or paint her from scratch?
  4. What do you think Smashified will do for her outfit? Assault, Command, Adventures, or a mix of them?
  5. Where do you think Krystal will end up being on the tier lists?
  6. I've seen this on another thread, but who on the roster would you be willing to sacrifice to get Krystal?
  7. Number one hope for Krystal in SSB4? Gameplay wise, ascetically, etc?
  8. Would you main Krystal or make her a secondary, tertiary, quaternary, etc?
  9. Do you like Krystal as a character in gaming, or just like her as, well, the stereotype all Star Fox fans get?
  10. Fighters in SSB4 that you have trouble fighting against in general?
  11. Do any of you have a local Smash scene that you go to/would like to go to?
  12. Anyone here have a YouTube, Twitch, or Twitter? Might as well support each other like we do Krystal.
  13. What do you all do out in the real world? Jobs, school, military, underground mafia, etc?
  14. Favorite color?
1. Most likely some kind of subtle nod to some of her official art from a previous game, and I don't have any real preference as long as she looks cool.

2. Very high chance there'd be a redesign that incorporates elements from all of her outfits. All of the Star Fox characters so far have had their Smash outfits be hybridized versions of what they wore in various games in the series, and I don't see why that'd change with her, especially since we've already had one DLC character get a redesign. That said, they might or might not include her tribal outfit from Adventures for a single costume, kind of like Shulk and his swimswuit.

3. It depends. There's (apparently) a really well done 3D model of her already that they might use as a point of reference if they decide to do a full 3D model like with Isaac. On the other hand, they might just go with pseudo-3D art like with previous characters.

4. If they go the 3D route, most likely based on her Assault outfit but updated. If they go with original art, probably a new design.

5. We have absolutely no way of figuring that out, lol. The stuff that makes a character good or bad has nothing to do with who they are and what their abilities are and everything to do with the little pieces of data that go into how they work in Smash. Attack speed, attack range, attack power, mobility, combo/string ability, kill power, ease of kill setups, offstage prowess, all things that we wouldn't know until if/when she gets in.

6. Ideally, since she's more or less a frontrunner, I wouldn't need to sacrifice anyone. But if it was her only way of getting it and I had to pick four, it'd probably be some combination of bonus clones and Mii types.

7. First and foremost, make her so well designed and so fun to use that it leaves people wondering why there were ever doubters and why it took so long for her to get in. Beyond that, I hope she'd have a more staff-focused moveset, mainly since we're really lacking in staff wielders and magic users in Smash, and the techniques from Adventures would be unlike anything we've seen on the roster so far.

8. This question's a little different for me, since I focus on fewer characters than a lot of the people who frequent this thread, lol. I don't see her being my sole main since Robin clicks with me so well and was my most wanted newcomer originally, but if she synergizes well enough, she could easily be a co-main or a secondary that I'd bring out for Robin's bad matchups. At the very least, I'd use her as a pocket character to use when I want to catch opponents by surprise.

9. I think she has a lot of potential that hasn't been used very well yet. There's a lot they could expand on with her backstory or who she is as a character that could make for some really compelling character interactions.

...I mean, she's pretty and all, but that's not the main reason I'm interested in her.

10. Generally, the ones where I don't know the matchup very well: :4villager: :4olimar: :4samus: :4miibrawl: et cetera. A good Villager is an absolute nightmare for me with the projectile walls they can put up...unless I can grab the lead and take advantage of how much trouble they have making comebacks.

11. Things are actually pretty active around here. There's a weekly Smashfest I go to (my only way of playing the Wii U version so far with my limited income, as frustrating as that is), and as of recently, weekly, biweekly, and monthly tournaments that I can't get to because I can't afford the entry fees.

12. Funny you should ask! I have a Youtube chanel over here where I've been doing ongoing Let's Plays, and a Twitter account here where I post updates on said Let's Plays among other things!

13. Not a whole lot right now, unfortunately. I made it 2 1/2 years though college before my health deteriorated so badly that I was in near-constant pain, could barely sleep, and was suffering multiple panic attacks a day from the stress, and I basically had no choice but to drop out for the sake of my sanity and well-being. I haven't been able to find steady work, either, since I don't have a college degree and since those injuries that destroyed me in college are still there because I haven't had the money to treat them properly. I only lasted two weeks at a movie theater back in December thanks to what I now know is a birth defect in my feet that causes excruciating pain if I spend too much time on them...something like the 9 hour shifts on consecutive days that ended up making it so I could barely walk without screaming.

And this is from someone who had a 4.0 GPA in high school and a 3.4 in college despite having one of the busiest majors on my campus.

I'm one of those cases a lot of people want to believe doesn't exist, and I can't tell you how many times I've had someone spin my story to try and blame me for my own misfortune just so they didn't have to question their worldview. The reason I've been focusing so much on Youtube and making connections with people online? Because pretty much every other opportunity for me to have a career I can survive on has been taken away from me.

And thanks to what happened three and a half years ago...anything less than that would mean spending the rest of my life alone and in unending pain I would be powerless to stop.

14. Azure blue. I've always found it calming, in a way.

I almost feel like this is missing a 15th question: What other characters do you support?

But beyond all of that, it looks like we're only a couple hours away from our turn in RTC again. Is everyone ready to counter the arguments that brought Krystal's rating down the first time? Let's make our voices known.

Last edited:

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
@ T thief_of_demons @ Flavius Flavius Really guys?!as I said on my last post I'm studyng that too my Main instrument is Piano and i'm looking to start using the viola as my second instrument,

Question 15

I'm an RPG lover so Issac do want! Mecha Fiora Do want, and Snake if he turns out to be a more competitive character with more CQC moves.

Last edited by a moderator:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
But beyond all of that, it looks like we're only a couple hours away from our turn in RTC again. Is everyone ready to counter the arguments that brought Krystal's rating down the first time? Let's make our voices known.
I'm kinda new to the whole RTC thing. How long will we have to post in the thread? Only I kinda have to sleep soon, but at the same time I don't want to miss out on supporting Krystal in it.

@ T thief_of_demons @ Flavius Flavius Really guys?!as I said on my last post I'm studyng that too my Main instrument is Piano and i'm looking to start using the viola as my second instrument,
Sorry man, I guess I didn't see your post at the time, aha. If you wanted to talk music feel free to private message me.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I almost feel like this is missing a 15th question: What other characters do you support?
I'm supportive of Snake, Paper Mario, Dixie Kong, and Bayonetta. There's more I've left out, but the ones I've listed round out my top 5 with Krystal.
I'll swing by to give my scores, but I'm not staying for the debates. Anyone who does want to discuss my rates can PM me. I refuse to turn the RTC thread into a three-ring circus all because a few users have their preconceptions about Krystal. I am hopeful they'll earnestly reconsider the character, but that's about as much as I can realistically ask for, and even that's pushing it. Thought I'd let you know ahead of time. Good luck!

Forgot one other thing. I like your let's plays! You're an extremely underrated YouTuber.

Last edited:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
I still don't understand the hate towards Star Fox Zero. Granted, I'm upset at it being yet another Star Fox 64 remake/re-imagining, but I'm still going to get the game. At least be happy that we're getting another Star Fox game, rather than just having the series die out. Star Fox Zero can hopefully show Nintendo how much people still love Star Fox, but also just how much we want something different. Bashing the game here in Krystal's thread really isn't going to help anything. So, mind if I try and change the topic?

So, here is a copy/paste of something I did in the Wolf thread. A bunch of questions that I want everyone's opinion on. I know some of you here are also a part of the Wolf thread, so if you've done this before, feel free to ignore it. Otherwise, here:
  1. What do you all think Krystal's pose will be like in her official artwork? How to you want her posed?
  2. You think they'll port over Krystal's model and textures from Assault and upgrade them, or do you think we'll get a redesign?
  3. How do you think Smashified will make her? Like Isaac and rebuild Krystal's Assault model, or paint her from scratch?
  4. What do you think Smashified will do for her outfit? Assault, Command, Adventures, or a mix of them?
  6. I've seen this on another thread, but who on the roster would you be willing to sacrifice to get Krystal?
  9. Do you like Krystal as a character in gaming, or just like her as, well, the stereotype all Star Fox fans get?
  12. Anyone here have a YouTube, Twitch, or Twitter? Might as well support each other like we do Krystal.
  13. What do you all do out in the real world? Jobs, school, military, underground mafia, etc?
  14. Favorite color?
My answers to the questions.
  1. I can see them recycling poses from Adventures promos, but I like the idea of her standing idle with the staff held behind.
  2. I think they'll make her from scratch
  3. I can see them making her like Isaac, but I would prefer them making her from scratch. Mostly because I want a new outfit.
  4. I honestly don't know, they can go either way. They don't like to take too many creative freedoms, but it'd match the others.
  5. I don't care for tier lists, but I can see her being maybe C Tier with how I picture her.
  6. :4ryu::4darkpit::4drmario::4lucina::4feroy: - And in that order.
  7. I want her with the staff, no Assault-styles moveset with grenades, blasters, etc.
  8. She'd make my Top 3 for sure. Top 4 is she came out with Wolf. It depends on how well she performs.
  9. I like her as a character, none of that stereotype stuff. I was a lot younger when I first saw her, so she grew on me.
  10. :4shulk::4sonic::4luigi::4olimar::4tlink: - And in that order. **** the Monado-Demon.
  11. I do, but it takes place in a Vapor Shop/Hooka-Bar, so I refuse to attend. We may be getting a new scene nearby though.
  12. All my links are in my signature :D
  13. School? Forced to graduate high-school early because I was framed for assault. Work? YouTube and Military.
  14. Black.
1.Something Dynamic, similar to Captain Falcon's pose.
2. Scratch
3. Paint her. Please.
4. I think They'll just use her Assault suit.
5. somewhere in the middle?
6. Dr. Mario, Wii Fit Trainer, Mr. Game and Watch, ROB, and Alph- In that order. (I'd sacrifice Fox's voice too)
7. Staff
8. Depends on her moveset. Probably.
9. A little of both, to be honest.
10. No Idea. I almost never play against human players....
11. I don't know.
12. I'm RidleyKraid187 pretty much everywhere, except DeviantART, where for reasons I can't remember, I'm PhantoonDraygon781
13. School? attending a local community college. Work? I'm not earning anything from it, but I'm a concept artist for IZTDM (That's "Invader Zim- The Doom Movie" - http://iz-thedoommovie.deviantart.com/)
14. Green
15. I Also support Ridley (DUH), K.Rool, Shantae, Wonder Red, Simon Belmont, and Medusa/Hades. I'm sure I'm missing a few.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Wolf, Dixie Kong, Impa, Bandana Dee and Ridley (R.I.P) are my main supports but I also support Dark Samus, Corrin, Elma, Chibi Robo, Porky, Isaac, Medusa and Knuckles, it feels like I'm forgetting someone though

Last edited:

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
Whats this voting I've been hearing lately the one that is today?
The Rate Their Chances thread. A place where you rate characters on both chances and how much you want them.

If you like, I can add you to the conversation with me and thief_of_demons.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
13. Not a whole lot right now, unfortunately. I made it 2 1/2 years though college before my health deteriorated so badly that I was in near-constant pain, could barely sleep, and was suffering multiple panic attacks a day from the stress, and I basically had no choice but to drop out for the sake of my sanity and well-being. I haven't been able to find steady work, either, since I don't have a college degree and since those injuries that destroyed me in college are still there because I haven't had the money to treat them properly. I only lasted two weeks at a movie theater back in December thanks to what I now know is a birth defect in my feet that causes excruciating pain if I spend too much time on them...something like the 9 hour shifts on consecutive days that ended up making it so I could barely walk without screaming.

And this is from someone who had a 4.0 GPA in high school and a 3.4 in college despite having one of the busiest majors on my campus.

I'm one of those cases a lot of people want to believe doesn't exist, and I can't tell you how many times I've had someone spin my story to try and blame me for my own misfortune just so they didn't have to question their worldview. The reason I've been focusing so much on Youtube and making connections with people online? Because pretty much every other opportunity for me to have a career I can survive on has been taken away from me.

And thanks to what happened three and a half years ago...anything less than that would mean spending the rest of my life alone and in unending pain I would be powerless to stop.
Holy ****, Delzethin. That's terrible. I'm sorry if my question brought up any sort of bad memories and what-not. I'm a religious person, so I'll keep you in my prayers that your pain stops.

I directly support Wolf, Krystal, Snake, Sceptile, and the Inklings. Although there are other characters I would be okay with joining in, I just want my Top 5 in first.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

Wow, that sucks. Hope you find success in Youtube (although I think just doing Let's Plays won't make you stand out).
Be prepared for a pretty damn long list.
Ridley, Samurai Goroh, King K. Rool, Isaac, Star Man (Pro Wrestling), Goku (Yuyuki), Tingle, Impa, Meowth, Captain Toad, Excitebiker, Donbe and Hikari, Bomberman, Starfy, Vaati, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Ray, Wonder Red, Inkling, Jibanyan, Chibi-Robo, Captain Rainbow, Lip, Andy, Chrom, Takamaru, Zael, Medusa, Bub, and some more that I'm probably forgetting.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
  14. Favorite color?
[/spoiler]
1. Something that looks like a combat stance with her staff.
2. I'm guessing port from Assault and update it.
3. Paint her from scratch.
4. I have a feeling it will be her Assault outfit.
5. No idea nor do I care.
6. :4darkpit: A completely useless character.
7. Hoping she'll have a mixture of melee and ranged attacks.
8. Depending on how she plays. Also, if we get another DLC character that I like more, I'll main them instead.
9. I like her as a video game character. Nothing more.
10. :4robinm::4sonic:and :4gaw:.
11. No.
12. Twitter - https://twitter.com/Desert_Croc. I have a Youtbe account but I barely use it so It's pointless.
13. Currently working at home.
14. Green

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
l

I am so sorry to hear that Delzethin

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
According to this she's still got some good support, but this is solely on the guy seeing the names used, so it cant be taken entirely as fact, this applies to everyone else mentioned, not just her.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
According to this she's still got some good support, but this is solely on the guy seeing the names used, so it cant be taken entirely as fact, this applies to everyone else mentioned, not just her.
I think it's best to just wait 3 weeks until he's done with the numbers. That way, we will see how far she went in terms of support. Plus, I want to see how huge is Magnetmite's bandwagon is (hopefully nowhere near as big as Dunsparse's).

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I still don't understand the hate towards Star Fox Zero. Granted, I'm upset at it being yet another Star Fox 64 remake/re-imagining, but I'm still going to get the game. At least be happy that we're getting another Star Fox game, rather than just having the series die out. Star Fox Zero can hopefully show Nintendo how much people still love Star Fox, but also just how much we want something different. Bashing the game here in Krystal's thread really isn't going to help anything. So, mind if I try and change the topic?

14. Favorite color?
My answers to the questions.
  1. I can see them recycling poses from Adventures promos, but I like the idea of her standing idle with the staff held behind.
  2. I think they'll make her from scratch
  3. I can see them making her like Isaac, but I would prefer them making her from scratch. Mostly because I want a new outfit.
  4. I honestly don't know, they can go either way. They don't like to take too many creative freedoms, but it'd match the others.
  5. I don't care for tier lists, but I can see her being maybe C Tier with how I picture her.
  6. :4ryu::4darkpit::4drmario::4lucina::4feroy: - And in that order.
  7. I want her with the staff, no Assault-styles moveset with grenades, blasters, etc.
  8. She'd make my Top 3 for sure. Top 4 is she came out with Wolf. It depends on how well she performs.
  9. I like her as a character, none of that stereotype stuff. I was a lot younger when I first saw her, so she grew on me.
  10. :4shulk::4sonic::4luigi::4olimar::4tlink: - And in that order. **** the Monado-Demon.
  11. I do, but it takes place in a Vapor Shop/Hooka-Bar, so I refuse to attend. We may be getting a new scene nearby though.
  12. All my links are in my signature :D
  13. School? Forced to graduate high-school early because I was framed for assault. Work? YouTube and Military.
  14. Black.
Late to the game but I'll give this a go, just for fun...

1. It'll be something dynamic I'm guessing. That's a pretty safe guess though. I suppose I'd like her Adventure's promo pose with the staff. Specifically, I'm thinking of the one where it's behind her back. That's not exactly related to any move I've imagined however. Maybe like Samus, her pose could be her stage entrance. How do you think she'd pose after leaping out of an Arwing? A low pose perhaps. I'm also kind of thinking of the various poses Seong Mina for Soul Calibur has had.
  2. I think they could use that as the basis from which to work, but looking at Fox and Falco, I hope they redesign her. Would be a bit awkward if she didn't fit in with them. She needs to be at least not too differently proportioned to Fox and Fox is kind of short in Smash. I think she might need to appear a bit smaller than maybe some of us think she is. Fox does have a low stance though, so that also makes him look smaller yet. Krystal should not be looking over Fox's head if they're both standing straight however. She needs to be closer to Fox's height than to Falco's.
  3. I have no idea. Depends on who's interested. I kind of hope she's more original though and not a model copy necessarily. I still want her to look like herself of course, but I think the current models of her out there wouldn't necessarily fit with Smash for reasons I stated in my second answer.
  4. Probably Assault. I'm hoping for a hybrid from both them and the Smash team if she's included. As I've said before, I like her look in Command where she has the helmet, just without the helmet. Another good example of this look is in Wolfheart's sig. Features a jacket and a scarf and looks more in line with the rest of team Starfox.
  5. Obviously no clue since I don't know how she'll play. My concept of her though... I'm hoping she'd be high mid with the Pits. She'd have similar footspeed as the Pits in my mind and similar range on her staff and projectiles. Although, maybe she'd play a bit more like a faster Robin with some of her elemental attacks and the gimmick I like for her. Think somewhere between Robin and Pit I guess.
  6. Just the clones really, but we know the story with them.
  7. My number one hope is that she's fairly represented. I don't want her to be unfamiliar or too sexualized, though I doubt they'd do the latter. Like I said before, I also want her to fit in with the rest of the team aesthetically. I hope she uses her staff and some elemental attacks and has an interesting gimmick.
  8. I would do my best to make her at least a secondary. There's some characters in the game already that take work for me, but I use them a lot all the same just because I like their characters. Krystal would be no different, though I hope she fits my playstyle well.
  9. I like her as a character. I see her potential in Smash and in her own series with some development love.
  10. Depends on who I'm using, but online fast characters with projectiles can be a pain. More than anything, I have trouble with good players, heh.
  11. Not really. Too busy and far away from anything.
  12. I do, but it's basically just a place where I find my liked videos. I was planning on making a proper channel to share stuff in though, now that I have a game capturing device.
  13. Volunteer work currently. And school again here shortly.
  14. Green.
That was kind of fun. Got to split now though.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
This is literally the first time I've ever heard of magmamite getting huge support. Granted I don't really keep up with these things, I can't say I can even begin to imagine how it'd even work as a fighter. I guess it'd be unique though, I'll give it that.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I dont know if it was the result of Sakurai saying she was considered, but i'm noticing some people showing some opposition on Foxes section, not that it's stopping the supporters, but it's amazing how the ballot has caused this sort of thing to happen on all ends.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I did not see Magnemite coming at all. On a personal level, I'm happy that Japan seems to like all the same newcomers I do. 7 of my most wanted are in that top 20 list of frontrunners. The other thing that jumped out at me was how Pichu was such a force relative to Squirtle and Ivysaur, who aren't anywhere near as requested as he is. Obviously this data is still developing, but the final results should be interesting.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
Nah, we good.
Well then, for chars I'd support: Slippy (with a joke moveset like Smash Bros. Lawl's Irate Gamer and Best Hercules), a Mii joker (obviously a Mii Fighter with a joke moveset, so people can make fun of characters and people they don' like), a 3rd Metroid char, a Dragon Quest character.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I don't want Waluigi in Smash, nor do I want Daisy, Shovel Knight is a character I don't want, nor do I want Bayonetta.
Fyi: I want the Tetris Blocks as a joke character

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I'd rather not have a joke character and if there was one, I'd want it to be a joke in the way of a strange selection rather than an ineffective, bottom-dwelling waste of money and development time.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I'd rather not have a joke character and if there was one, I'd want it to be a joke in the way of a strange selection rather than an ineffective, bottom-dwelling waste of money and development time.
Like :4wiifit: and:4duckhunt:? (my personal punching bags)
Plus we already have a joke character.
:4darkpit:
:troll:
No but seriously, did anyone ask for him?
Nope, Sakurai bias is real, Instead of adding Dark Pit to the roster at the last minute, why didn't he have Wolf added

Last edited:
Top Bottom