• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Ah, yes, that as well. Also, I appreciate the welcome!

Now, what is going on with these jabs towards Wolf?
Jabs towards Wolf or any character rarely happen here. Sometimes the odd person can make a certain comment and it spirals out of control, but either way the jabbing has stopped now, aha.

Welcome, by the way. Hope you enjoy it here.

Affluent Brit

Smash Rookie
Jabs towards Wolf or any character rarely happen here. Sometimes the odd person can make a certain comment and it spirals out of control, but either way the jabbing has stopped now, aha.

Welcome, by the way. Hope you enjoy it here.
The welcome is much appreciated!
New drawings of Krystal support by Alfore have shown up on Miiverse:

Wonderful pieces of art. I certainly hope that Mr. Sakurai gets to see them!

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
The welcome is much appreciated!

Wonderful pieces of art. I certainly hope that Mr. Sakurai gets to see them!
There's a bit of conflict going on over in the support fox page amongst everyone, so I doubt he'd see it, but I doubt he even looks at these sorts of things at least over on the support pages. Miiverse did get updated so it's it could be more focused on the main drawing, discussions, or journal page.

Dark_Pit

Smash Cadet
Eh this is why i hate going into the RTC thread. But i did it for you guys.

We improved but not by much, still nice to see that there was an improvement either way.

As usual, i'll go try to rally support on other sites. Let's keep on going strong despite the detractors.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You know that some people who want Krystal also want Wolf, right? No reason to take jabs at him.
:facepalm:

I was making a jab at Wolf because...

Wolf gets in Brawl over Krystal because he was an easy-to-make clone...

Then Wolf gets cut from SSB4 and another clone gets in because they were easier-to-make clones.

This is what I meant by karmic payback courtesy of Krysyal. :rolleyes:

There was no malicious intent in my post.

Last edited:

Draxis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xShadowSladexx
Sorry if I'm late for welcoming the newcomers but welcome @ Affluent Brit Affluent Brit and @ Krystal0290 Krystal0290 and just like you guys I joined not to long ago but was lurking around the thread for awhile.
@ ArcaneKitsune ArcaneKitsune , I wonder what will Alfore do on his next Krystal art and I also saw that one of his post got deleted by the admin.
Oh and guys, on the RTC, is Krystal one of the top 10?

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
Sorry if I'm late for welcoming the newcomers but welcome @ Affluent Brit Affluent Brit and @ Krystal0290 Krystal0290 and just like you guys I joined not to long ago but was lurking around the thread for awhile.
@ ArcaneKitsune ArcaneKitsune , I wonder what will Alfore do on his next Krystal art and I also saw that one of his post got deleted by the admin.
Deleted? What cause?

Draxis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xShadowSladexx
@ Krystal0290 Krystal0290 I don't know I just went to Alfore's profile to check on his art and found one of them deleted. I think it got deleted because the way the art look so someone probably reported it.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
@ Krystal0290 Krystal0290 I don't know I just went to Alfore's profile to check on his art and found one of them deleted. I think it got deleted because the way the art look so someone probably reported it.
Dragon posted it, though i've seen many like it on Splatoons community and a few others, it was apparently too lewd. I'm willing to bet this is common on Palutena due to her pole dance taunt, and i'm guessing a ton of people drew suggestive material of it, dont quote me on that.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Wow, seriously? I didn't think it was that bad. The Palutena close ups at E3 were much more suggestive than that parody by Alfore.

Edit: It's ok when Nintendo does it.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
She is now 10th overall in Chance, and 18th in Want. Still not the most ideal, but it's more accurate than it was before.

Still pretty notable, though. She rose eight positions in Chance and roughly 30 in Want despite no events that significantly helped her. It's pretty impressive, considering how much vocal opposition there's been before, considering a couple of the characters above her arguably had bandwagons, and considering among the characters ranked higher in Want are some with questionable chances such as Ridley, Takamaru, and Banjo & Kazooie.

Oh, and she finished just a little higher in Want than post-datamine Ryu.

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Wow, seriously? I didn't think it was that bad. The Palutena close ups at E3 were much more suggestive than that parody by Alfore.

It really wasn't bad at all. I don't see why it was deleted when much worst gets posted on that site.

Draxis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xShadowSladexx
Yep it the one that ArcaneKitsune posted on Friday, it was a little suggestive but it wasn't really that bad, I've seen worse on miiverse so I don't get it why did it got deleted. Anyway I already ask Alfore about it and he said don't worry.
Thanks for the info @ Delzethin Delzethin I wish she got higher but 10 is ok.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So, here is a copy/paste of something I did in the Wolf thread. A bunch of questions that I want everyone's opinion on. I know some of you here are also a part of the Wolf thread, so if you've done this before, feel free to ignore it. Otherwise, here:
  1. What do you all think Krystal's pose will be like in her official artwork? How to you want her posed?
  2. You think they'll port over Krystal's model and textures from Assault and upgrade them, or do you think we'll get a redesign?
  3. How do you think Smashified will make her? Like Isaac and rebuild Krystal's Assault model, or paint her from scratch?
  4. What do you think Smashified will do for her outfit? Assault, Command, Adventures, or a mix of them?
  5. Where do you think Krystal will end up being on the tier lists?
  6. I've seen this on another thread, but who on the roster would you be willing to sacrifice to get Krystal?
  7. Number one hope for Krystal in SSB4? Gameplay wise, ascetically, etc?
  8. Would you main Krystal or make her a secondary, tertiary, quaternary, etc?
  9. Do you like Krystal as a character in gaming, or just like her as, well, the stereotype all Star Fox fans get?
  10. Fighters in SSB4 that you have trouble fighting against in general?
  11. Do any of you have a local Smash scene that you go to/would like to go to?
  12. Anyone here have a YouTube, Twitch, or Twitter? Might as well support each other like we do Krystal.
  13. What do you all do out in the real world? Jobs, school, military, underground mafia, etc?
  14. Favorite color?

1: I think it'd be her holding her staff and potentially a weapon from Assault.

2:I think a new model, definitely. Combining her Assault and Adventures designs at the best.5: This all depends on her moveset. personally think she'd be mid-tier at most.
7: What I'd hope for is something to make her stand out amongst the other Star Fox characters, essentially being the Robin of the franchise's representation in Smash Bros.
13: Game design.

Also - just a bit of clarification - Krystal's actually 12th on the list of chances, just a few points below Captain Toad. Number 10 is owned by Rayman.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Well I finished reading your comments on the RTC section and I gotta say that was pretty inspirational I realized a lot of you here understand why she should join smash. =")
Claping gif (somebody please teach me how to put Gifs here)

By the way, I felt like I should have mentioned this on the chance part.

But what if Sakurai pulls a Robin?
I'm a Fire emblem fan and I remember around 70% of people where asking for Chrom about 20% for Lucina and the rest for Micaiah
I myself wanted Lucina as a marth costume and I can tell you I never saw anyone ask for Robin. I'm pretty sure some of you already know what happened here Sakurai Choose Robin over Chrom because he diden't had any unique characteristics.

I brought this up because I think Sakurai could very well do that again these time with Starfox, I think at some point Sakurai will consider raising the number of character these series has being one of the most iconic Nintendo franchises two characters don't do the series justice from there he will have three options:
Put wolf who is the most wanted of them all but dosen't really add much varity to the roster
Put Krystal who has less votes but could offer some unique movesets ideas
Troll everyone by adding Slippy lol JK

If I've learnt something from Sakurai recently is that he likes new stuff Sm4sh is proof of that because every newcomer feels unique and fresh (with the exception of Dark pit and Lucina which were MEANT to just be costumes like Alph) hell even that %$#%$&%#$ Bowser JR is unique, that said theis why I rated her chances at 45% I just have a feeling that Sakurai COULD ignore fan demand and just give us what he thinks could be a fun concept.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Also - just a bit of clarification - Krystal's actually 12th on the list of chances, just a few points below Captain Toad. Number 10 is owned by Rayman.
But the characters ranked 2nd and 3rd are already confirmed, so they aren't included on the charts.

Last edited:

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
Claping gif (somebody please teach me how to put Gifs here)
It's simple really. Just copy the gif you want and paste it. And it should turn out like this.

This is for everyone who posted their thoughts on the RTC thread. Good job guys!

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
To further express my point with my last post the long one here is an example of how (I think) sakurai could pick the characters.

You guys remember the Photo contests right?
Well I had a friend (actually just some guy I knew on Miiverse really) who participated in one of thouse and his post got massive upvotes his post usually get around 20 upvotes so he was really happy when he found out his post achived 300 upvotes it was the most upvoted one actually and it was the first post you would see in popular post, anyways on the comment sections everyone was telling him "you already won" or "this will definitly win" then the winners were announced and... nope he didden't won despite being the most voted by the comunity the even the other two guys who followed him, Sakurai man... He said I don't care this are the most voted I'm picking the ones I want.

Moral of the comment Votes don't equal Sakurai's aprovement.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Ah, I see I missed Krystal's RTC revote sadly. Was gone all day. Just been busy in general. It's part of why I abandoned the RTC thread a couple months ago... being busy and also just not having much more to contribute as the thread got more into things I didn't know as much about and couldn't contribute an honest vote to as easily.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
To further express my point with my last post the long one here is an example of how (I think) sakurai could pick the characters.

Well I had a friend (actually just some guy I knew on Miiverse really) who participated in one of thouse and his post got massive upvotes his post usually get around 20 upvotes so he was really happy when he found out his post achived 300 upvotes it was the most upvoted one actually and it was the first post you would see in popular post, anyways on the comment sections everyone was telling him "you already won" or "this will definitly win" then the winners were announced and... nope he didden't won despite being the most voted by the comunity the even the other two guys who followed him, Sakurai man... He said I don't care this are the most voted I'm picking the ones I want.

This is probably going to be the case for the majority that kept making K Rool support images, but we'll find out whenever the update happens

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
There are some pots been stirred in the Support Fox community. The only purpose to influence people to vote for Krystal.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
This is for everyone who posted their thoughts on the RTC thread. Good job guys!
I'd also like to thank everyone for coming out to share their opinion. Those rates were inspirational and really made me second guess my own, which I felt was a little conservative.
It really wasn't bad at all. I don't see why it was deleted when much worst gets posted on that site.
The badmins are on the take. I'm sending a letter to Nintendo asking to have them investigated. Shame on them for deleting a masterpiece.

One step ahead of you. I'm fully prepared for the possibility that Sakurai will choose characters this community did not have in its top 5 or even top 10. He still has too many options to be predictable. Fanservice does not begin and end with our favorites. A lot of folks will learn that quickly in the coming months.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
One step ahead of you. I'm fully prepared for the possibility that Sakurai will choose characters this community did not have in its top 5 or even top 10. He still has too many options to be predictable. Fanservice does not begin and end with our favorites. A lot of folks will learn that quickly in the coming months.
This is really the reason why I simply cannot be sure about who is getting added from the ballot. A lot of people seem to be so sure about their characters chances on getting in smash, but honestly considering the amount of characters there is to choose from, I feel like anything is possible.
Everyone used to be (and many still are) so sure about king k rool getting in, but I think theres no way of knowing, no matter how popular a character can seem to be. The ballot is just a suggestion box after all, any one from it is a pontential newcommer and can be considered as "fanservice". (Except the obvious joke characters like shrek etc).

I'm glad of course that so many people have so much fate in their characters chances, and even you guys have raised my hopes for Krystal getting in smash a lot of times. But I've grown to be a bit of a cynical "a-hole" about everything, so I still can't be sure about who gets in. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if any of the "top wanted" characters wouldn't be added as fighters.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
This is really the reason why I simply cannot be sure about who is getting added from the ballot. A lot of people seem to be so sure about their characters chances on getting in smash, but honestly considering the amount of characters there is to choose from, I feel like anything is possible.
Everyone used to be (and many still are) so sure about king k rool getting in, but I think theres no way of knowing, no matter how popular a character can seem to be. The ballot is just a suggestion box after all, any one from it is a pontential newcommer and can be considered as "fanservice". (Except the obvious joke characters like shrek etc).

I'm glad of course that so many people have so much fate in their characters chances, and even you guys have raised my hopes for Krystal getting in smash a lot of times. But I've grown to be a bit of a cynical "a-hole" about everything, so I still can't be sure about who gets in. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if any of the "top wanted" characters wouldn't be added as fighters.
You and I are on the same sheet of music, however, I wouldn't say that not being sure about who gets in is cynical... It's one of the more reasonable stances. I want Krystal to become DLC more than anything, but I won't be screaming "IF SHE DOESN'T MAKE IT, THE BALLOT'S A ****ING SHAM!" till then. lol

Really, I pray even one character in my top 10 gets in. That's a big win for me when considering the number of contenders in the mix.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
You and I are on the same sheet of music, however, I wouldn't say that not being sure about who gets in is cynical... It's one of the more reasonable stances. I want Krystal to become DLC more than anything, but I won't be screaming "IF SHE DOESN'T MAKE IT, THE BALLOT'S A ****ING SHAM!" till then. lol

Really, I pray even one character in my top 10 gets in. That's a big win for me when considering the number of contenders in the mix.
I feel sorry for anyone who is 100% convinced that their character will get in, because a lot of hopes and dreams (slightly dramatic) are going to crash to the ground harder than Slippy in an Arwing. King K Rool fans are going to be hit the hardest, if he doesn't actually make it. In the end, I do think the more popular characters have a slightly higher chance than and I do stand by the fact that Krystal has a fairly reasonable chance as well, but a lot of this is going to come down to dumb luck. Supporting your character in the best way possible is going to increase that luck, but nothing's guaranteed. It's like putting on multiple lottery numbers as opposed to just one set. Yay for bad examples. In a nutshell: remain optimistic, but don't bet your life on your favourite character getting in.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I feel sorry for anyone who is 100% convinced that their character will get in, because a lot of hopes and dreams (slightly dramatic) are going to crash to the ground harder than Slippy in an Arwing. King K Rool fans are going to be hit the hardest, if he doesn't actually make it. In the end, I do think the more popular characters have a slightly higher chance than and I do stand by the fact that Krystal has a fairly reasonable chance as well, but a lot of this is going to come down to dumb luck. Supporting your character in the best way possible is going to increase that luck, but nothing's guaranteed. It's like putting on multiple lottery numbers as opposed to just one set. Yay for bad examples. In a nutshell: remain optimistic, but don't bet your life on your favourite character getting in.
I think there are a lot of things that will affect on the developers choice on who gets added as a fighter.
Popularity will surely affect at least partially, but I really don't believe that it's the biggest deciding factor. Sakurai has said that he would prefer to add characters who have relevancy in the recent nintendo games (meaning characters who have appeared in the games in the past few years), which most likely does have a big affect on who might get added, because Sakurai himself has stated it (this is really the reason why I wouldn't be surprised if King K. Rool wouldn't get in). And then there are plenty of other deciding factors like what the devs think is a great addition to the roster etc.
We can all say how someone is unique and a great addition, but if the devs themselves can't/don't see them as such, then it's not really gonna matter what we think. I'm not saying that what we do is completely a waste of time, on the contrary I think it does help the characters chances, because we keep them relevant by talking, "advertising" and by reminding everyone about their existence. But what it will boil down in the end is what the developers think.
I mean maybe they see King K Rool as a boring Bowser villain, who wouldn't have anything special to offer, or that Krystal would just be a fourth fox semi-clone. We don't know, and only time will tell what characters they end up getting chosen as new fighters.

(DISCLAIMER: I do not think K.K. rool is a bowser clone or even similar to him, it was just a dumb example. Just like the Krystal one).

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I agree with this. You shouldn't get your hopes up for anything that's not 100% certain, really. It'll just drive you mad if your expectations are not met. I support a bunch of characters that aren't as popular compared to the ones at the top, but I don't expect them to make it in. I've seen some posts in support threads that imply the said character is set in stone for the roster.
Stuff like this is also what causes an uproar in the fanbase. Something like the reveal of the King K. Rool costume, but worse. Sometimes, I wonder if having highly requested characters in smash is really that important that people have to throw a hissy fit over it.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I feel sorry for anyone who is 100% convinced that their character will get in, because a lot of hopes and dreams (slightly dramatic) are going to crash to the ground harder than Slippy in an Arwing. King K Rool fans are going to be hit the hardest, if he doesn't actually make it.
Months and months of work down the drink. Ouch. And at the end of this event, trolls who like to pour salt on the wound will be waiting in the elevator going down to reality. It's not a pretty picture.
In the end, I do think the more popular characters have a slightly higher chance than and I do stand by the fact that Krystal has a fairly reasonable chance as well, but a lot of this is going to come down to dumb luck. Supporting your character in the best way possible is going to increase that luck, but nothing's guaranteed. It's like putting on multiple lottery numbers as opposed to just one set. Yay for bad examples. In a nutshell: remain optimistic, but don't bet your life on your favourite character getting in.
You said it. With so many good choices, you can't say for sure whether your favorite will be the recipient of that coveted golden ticket. If Sakurai is not dismissive of Krystal and gives her due consideration, I think she has a great chance because of the rare blend of qualities she has that can't be matched by anyone else. Technology user. Magic staff user. Telepath. She can be all these these at once.

Last edited:

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice

Ah, that typical mentality that Nintendrones have. X)
The badmins are on the take. I'm sending a letter to Nintendo asking to have them investigated. Shame on them for deleting a masterpiece.
Yet they allow fetishists to run rampant on Miiverse like on DeviantArt (then again, Miiverse admins make DA's look good).

You said it. With so many good choices, you can't say for sure whether your favorite will be the recipient of that coveted golden ticket. If Sakurai is not dismissive of Krystal and gives her due consideration, I think she has a great chance because of the rare blend of qualities she has that can't be matched by anyone else. Technology user. Magic staff user. Telepath. She can be all these these at once.
Which is why Sakurai should add her, regardless of his options.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Sakurai has condsidered her before, she would have been added to Brawl but she wasn't due to time constraints, so Sakurai now has more time on his hands, I don't know why we can't get both, Wolf would require minimal work, a few new specials and some tuning to balance him out, but that's it. Fyi I am not a Nintendrone, I may have a liking for Nintendo but I will call them out when they do something stupid that can be considered shooting themselves in the foot, as I have said I want Nintendo to thrive, a healthy Nintendo is good for the industry at large, even Sony admitted a healthy Nintendo is good for the industry

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai has condsidered her before, she would have been added to Brawl but she wasn't due to time constraints, so Sakurai now has more time on his hands, I don't know why we can't get both, Wolf would require minimal work, a few new specials and some tuning to balance him out, but that's it. Fyi I am not a Nintendrone, I may have a liking for Nintendo but I will call them out when they do something stupid that can be considered shooting themselves in the foot, as I have said I want Nintendo to thrive, a healthy Nintendo is good for the industry at large, even Sony admitted a healthy Nintendo is good for the industry
How many times do I have to say I'm not talking about just any kind of Nintendo fan?

Top Bottom