• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
Let's change the subject. What do you think what the Krystal amiibo should look like?

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Let's change the subject. What do you think what the Krystal amiibo should look like?
I'd quite like to see her maybe in a fighting stance holding her staff, either that or maybe in a more casual pose holding a gun up or something. I'd also prefer to see her wearing some new redesigned clothing rather than recycling a previous one. Though that goes for what I'd like to see if she was a fighter in the game anyways, rather than just the amiibo.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Well if we're talking about a "smash" amiibo, then I'd like her to either have some kind of a battle stance with her staff (like she would be ready for a fight) or something more noble, where she would have her staff stick to the ground and she would stand a bit casually. Hard to explain but I guess you get the idea.
Her costume should be something that fits with the smash bros SF crew design, maybe simply have her assault costume but add the same style of a jacket and scarf that Fox and Falco have.
Another idea for her pose would be something that would be similar to Fox and Falcos amiibo poses, but I dunno would that kind of a pose fit for her. It would kinda make it look like a small "Star Fox amiibo collection" if she'd have a similar pose like they have, which I think would be cool.
But if I have to choose one, I'd probably go with the "noble like pose" idea. I want the staff to be represented if she'd use it as a weapon.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
New drawings of Krystal support by Alfore have shown up on Miiverse:

So cool. Sorry guys that I haven't been here for a day or two. But I'm glad that we're seeing more of these pics from Alfore. Alfore never ceases to amaze me with any pic of Krystal. We need to keep the momentum going and not lose sight of it. These pics will hopefully convince Sakurai to finally include her in Smash 4.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
This perticular piece of art here is curtsey of our very own Krystal0290 who is known as J★VαΙεηçία on Miiverse:

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I have a Link amiibo. I need a Villager and a Krystal to complete the weapon triangle.
You could swap out Villager for Dedede. Hammers technically count as axes, right? >_>

By the way, for those of you who expressed interest in my Let's Plays, my latest episode just went up. I have links to my channel and most recent video in my signature, so be sure to take a look whenever it changes!

Last edited:

Draxis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xShadowSladexx
Wait a second... @ Krystal0290 Krystal0290 is J*Valencia? Oh and about how would the Krystal amiibo would look I don't really know how should it look like but she should be holding her staff.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Wow you are J valencia?! Nice and I was just going to tell you about this thread its really a nice place (I'm sure you know me from Miiverse my name is XeVioN there too), another big Krystal supporter on Miiverse (Krayon) is also here.

I see you just joined yesterday so welcome to the thread,
and also I asked you in one of your post how do you feel about Krystal chances of making it into Sm4sh we just had a survey asking us how likely we think she is so I'm curious what are your opinions.

Here is some more new Krystal support artwork by Alfore on Miiverse:

I've seen all of her drawing it really is a fantastic collection think,she should join this thread?

Last edited by a moderator:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Here is some more new Krystal support artwork by Alfore on Miiverse:

Wow, Alfore really knocked it out of the park with these. I legit cracked up when I realized she mimicked Katie's art style over at Awkward Zombie perfectly for the Roy one.

This perticular piece of art here is curtsey of our very own Krystal0290 who is known as J★VαΙεηçία on Miiverse:
I almost forgot to say something! At first I thought using a low-saturated jade as her signature color was an unusual choice--it looks nice, but I've always seen people give her either dark blue or some kind of lavender. Then I realized it's supposed to be based on the color of her eyes and the gem on that circlet she always wears!

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
Wow, Alfore really knocked it out of the park with these. I legit cracked up when I realized she mimicked Katie's art style over at Awkward Zombie perfectly for the Roy one.

I almost forgot to say something! At first I thought using a low-saturated jade as her signature color was an unusual choice--it looks nice, but I've always seen people give her either dark blue or some kind of lavender. Then I realized it's supposed to be based on the color of her eyes and the gem on that circlet she always wears!
I thought about this different color because the color blue was getting pretty stale for the star fox team. Especially the fact that there's only two star fox reps. They're similiar to each other, which is getting really boring.

Krystal was the reason I played more star fox games because if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't care much of those games at all. When I saw Star Fox Adventures on the Nintendo Power cover, that was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, which made me want to get the game and play to the very end.

Last edited by a moderator:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Krystal was the reason I played more star fox games because if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't care much of those games at all. When I saw Star Fox Adventures on the Nintendo Power cover, that was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, which made me want to get the game and play to the very end.
Don't double post man. Use the edit button.

Last edited:

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
Don't double post man. Use the edit button.
You don't need to put a tone on me. I'm not the only one double posting, you know. You're making look like it's a bad thing. But, it's never my intention to do that. It's not spamming post. I was just keeping the subjects separate, so there would be no confusion. I'm sorry you feel this way. And I made a mistake for leaving a comment only because I didn't know what the edit button does. I wont do it again.

The only thing the edit button is any good for me is when I fix my mistakes.

I'm not using a tone...
Its friendly advice.
Don't think I'm some kinda chump who just started on smashboard. Believe me, I've been involved on social media for 7 years. So, it's really not necessary to give me friendly advice. To me as an individual, it's disrespectful because you respect other people while others you don't. I came here to share my thoughts on this thread, not to be scold on little things. Now I know that double posting is wrong, but I think it's just a little pet peeve for some people. In fact my pet peeves are bigger and worst than that.

Let's look at this way, we'll exchange advices. So, here's mine.
Don't get irritated so easily on small things. You'll only cause more problems on other people and aggravate the situation. And don't try to give yourself some attention that you have nothing to gain out of that. It's not worth it... if there's anything I've learned from having a mentally disabled sister is tolerance.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Adventures was the most beautiful Star Fox I have laid eyes on to date. It had an underrated soundtrack too. David Wise was on point. I would like them to revisit that concept, only this time ensuring the studio has the time it needs to realize their full vision. We were cheated out of a final battle with Scales due to the buyout. Who knows what Rare would have done with a comfy schedule?

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Adventures was the most beautiful Star Fox I have laid eyes on to date. It had an underrated soundtrack too. David Wise was on point. I would like them to revisit that concept, only this time ensuring the studio has the time it needs to realize their full vision. We were cheated out of a final battle with Scales due to the buyout. Who knows what Rare would have done with a comfy schedule?
While I preferred Assault slightly more myself (just felt it's gameplay was better suited to Star Fox), I'd totally be down for another Adventures styled game. This graphics for that game were indeed pretty stunning, imagine how stunning it would be to see that same style on a console with today's capabilities. Personally if we were to see another game like this I'd like to see a lot more involvement from the other Star Fox members, as well as something that separates it a bit more from Zelda's gameplay, but besides this and a creative story, I'd welcome it with open arms.

Of course since Rare is out of the question, I wonder which company would do something like this the best justice? Assuming Nintendo would choose to team up, anyways.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
While I preferred Assault slightly more myself (just felt it's gameplay was better suited to Star Fox), I'd totally be down for another Adventures styled game. This graphics for that game were indeed pretty stunning, imagine how stunning it would be to see that same style on a console with today's capabilities. Personally if we were to see another game like this I'd like to see a lot more involvement from the other Star Fox members, as well as something that separates it a bit more from Zelda's gameplay, but besides this and a creative story, I'd welcome it with open arms.

Of course since Rare is out of the question, I wonder which company would do something like this the best justice? Assuming Nintendo would choose to team up, anyways.
Retro perhaps, or even a reformed Kojima Productions?

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Funny thing, the first time I got to know about star fox was through Smash Bros. Melee when it was released (I probably didn't know half of the characters in the game back then). Eventually when I saw some advertisement for Star Fox Adventure, I got a bit excited and wanted to buy the game, but I never did (I guess my childhood-self got interested towards something else, I dunno xD. As a child I remember it was always hard to decide what game I wanted to buy, because there were always so many games).
I did try a demo of it in some store once, but I didn't get past the Arwing section, so I never got to try the "adventuring" part (my native language isn't english and as a kid it was a really big pain to play games that required the knowledge of it, so I never realized that I was supposed to fly through rings... wups).
I eventually got to try SF64 (or Star Wing as it was called around here), thanks to my brother, and I remember wondering "when do I get off this dumb plane so I can get adventuring!", but of course that never happened and I ended up hating the game, it was just so boring. After that I just lost interest towards SF.

I really don't know what sparked my interest towards Star Fox again (I guess some internet peeps got me interested by always praising SF64), but I did eventually buy the SF64 3DS version and enjoyed it. It wasn't really a remarkable experience, but it was fun.
After that I decided to hunt down SF adventure from ebay and play through it, and my experience was somewhere in the middle of "okay" and fun.
I'd kinda describe the game as a poor mans LoZ, but then again I think that's a bit wrong to say that. SF Adventure has a lot of great things in it. It's still visually a really great looking game (even to this day IMHO) and the music is fantastic. It doesn't really feel like a Zelda clone (even though it kinda is. It was even build by using the same engine that was used to create Ocarina of Time, but saying it's a Zelda clone isn't necessarily a bad thing), because it manages to create such a strong atmosphere that really feels like it's own thing. The only part that makes me think it as a bit of a "poor mans" LoZ game is the combat and some other gameplay aspects. But overall I liked it, though I was quite disappointed by the fact that all the advertisement, and even the cover of the game, gave the impression that you would have a big adventure with all the characters (at least along side with Krystal), but no... You only played as Fox. :/
Of course now I had to get my hands on Assault and honestly, I think it's the best in the series. Is it perfect? No, but I think it's great time. I liked that the story made everything seem a bit more serious and the fact that the characters finally seemed to be getting some improvements with their personalities. They were still of course very under developed, but I felt it was getting better.
The gameplay felt quite good and fast, with both flight and on foot missions. It just needed some improvements with the on foot mission controls. (I can kinda forgive it and say it had good controls at the time, because everyone sucked at making good shooters for consoles those days). But overall I thought it was great.
Command was just okay. Simple as that. The story was too melodramatic, though multiple endings were kinda fun. But the biggest offence that game did (in my opinion) was that it was just so god damn repetitive. You just had to play through the tutorial, and congratulations, you've experienced almost the whole game.

Sorry for the lengthy text, just felt like sharing my experience with the series. And sorry if some of my views on the games happen to "offend" some of you, I happen to be a very critical towards games (even the ones I really enjoy and think are the best games I've played).
I really hope that Krystal gets into smash, I want Assault and Adventure to be represented and remembered! Plus come on, I want to see what Krystal can do in a fight, it was so lame that she ended up being just a damsel in distress in Adventures.

Edit: (Fixed some typos.) I would also like to know how did you guys get to know Star Fox series and your experiences with it. Plus (of course because this is a Krystal thread after all) I'm interested to know why some of you want Krystal in smash.
I know I've asked this before and I even remember some of your answers vaguely, but we have gotten a few new guys here, so it would be nice to hear their thoughts and reasons too.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
You don't need to put a tone on me. I'm not the only one double posting, you know. You're making look like it's a bad thing. But, it's never my intention to do that. It's not spamming post. I was just keeping the subjects separate, so there would be no confusion. I'm sorry you feel this way. And I made a mistake for leaving a comment only because I didn't know what the edit button does. I wont do it again.

I'm not using a tone...
Its friendly advice.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Here's the box art for Star Fox Zero: Jeez, I feel like an article reporter
I have to say it's looking very beautiful. Too bad it's missing our favourite vixen, huh.

Last edited:

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I have to say it's looking very beautiful. Too bad it's missing our favourite vixen, huh.
I think it looks fantastic (minus the fact that no Krystal >.>). But funnily enough I feel like the original art felt more accurate, because of how sparse it was, just like the look of the gameplay has (< don't take this sentence too seriously). Hopefully the game has also improved like the box art, because if so then I might get quite exited about this.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
I think they could've gone with the fur like how DKC Tropical Freeze did it. It looks nice in that game.
With DKC Tropical Freeze the fur is detailed without being too over the top. Here I feel as though if I got anywhere closer than a 2ft radius, Fox would moult all over me, aha.

I think it looks fantastic (minus the fact that no Krystal >.>). But funnily enough I feel like the original art felt more accurate, because of how sparse it was, just like the look of the gameplay has (< don't take this sentence too seriously). Hopefully the game has also improved like the box art, because if so then I might get quite exited about this.
Well who knows, maybe the new box art is a sign that the gameplay won't be quite as "sparse" in the final product. ;P The box art must be doing something right, because it's gotten me slightly more excited than I was originally.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Boxart looks great. An improvement from the last cover I saw. The fur is hyper detailed now. Not sure I like that. In game it shouldn't stand out, though. inb4SakuraiChangesFox'sFSToLAAAAAANDWALKERRRinSma5h

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

Don't think I'm some kinda chump who just started on smashboard. Believe me, I've been involved on social media for 7 years. So, it's really not necessary to give me friendly advice. To me as an individual, it's disrespectful because you respect other people while others you don't. I came here to share my thoughts on this thread, not to be scold on little things. Now I know that double posting is wrong, but I think it's just a little pet peeve for some people. In fact my pet peeves are bigger and worst than that.

Let's look at this way, we'll exchange advices. So, here's mine.
Don't get irritated so easily on small things. You'll only cause more problems on other people and aggravate the situation. And don't try to give yourself some attention that you have nothing to gain out of that. It's not worth it... if there's anything I've learned from having a mentally disabled sister is tolerance.
I read no tone in Spika's post. The mods can be pretty strict about double posting around here however. It's a bit silly imo, but it depends on where you are. It is a Smashboards rule though as I'm sure you're aware. I think Spika was just giving you a head's up is all. Seems the thread's moving on though and you'll be fine.

Heh, you have no idea how lengthy I've had posts go just because no one else had posted yet. Several edits as a new thought comes to mind or I decide to respond to someone else earlier in the thread. I personally would prefer to have separate ideas and responses be in separate posts within reason, but "rules" and I try to be good about them.

Funny thing, the first time I got to know about star fox was through Smash Bros. Melee when it was released (I probably didn't know half of the characters in the game back then). Eventually when I saw some advertisement for Star Fox Adventure, I got a bit excited and wanted to buy the game, but I never did (I guess my childhood-self got interested towards something else, I dunno xD. As a child I remember it was always hard to decide what game I wanted to buy, because there were always so many games).
I did try a demo of it in some store once, but I didn't get past the Arwing section, so I never got to try the "adventuring" part (my native language isn't english and as a kid it was a really big pain to play games that required the knowledge of it, so I never realized that I was supposed to fly through rings... wups).
I eventually got to try SF64 (or Star Wing as it was called around here), thanks to my brother, and I remember wondering "when do I get off this dumb plane so I can get adventuring!", but of course that never happened and I ended up hating the game, it was just so boring. After that I just lost interest towards SF.

I really don't know what sparked my interest towards Star Fox again (I guess some internet peeps got me interested by always praising SF64), but I did eventually buy the SF64 3DS version and enjoyed it. It wasn't really a remarkable experience, but it was fun.
After that I decided to hunt down SF adventure from ebay and play through it, and my experience was somewhere in the middle of "okay" and fun.
I'd kinda describe the game as a poor mans LoZ, but then again I think that's a bit wrong to say that. SF Adventure has a lot of great things in it. It's still visually a really great looking game (even to this day IMHO) and the music is fantastic. It doesn't really feel like a Zelda clone (even though it kinda is. It was even build by using the same engine that was used to create Ocarina of Time, but saying it's a Zelda clone isn't necessarily a bad thing), because it manages to create such a strong atmosphere that really feels like it's own thing. The only part that makes me think it as a bit of a "poor mans" LoZ game is the combat and some other gameplay aspects. But overall I liked it, though I was quite disappointed by the fact that all the advertisement, and even the cover of the game, gave the impression that you would have a big adventure with all the characters (at least along side with Krystal), but no... You only played as Fox. :/
Of course now I had to get my hands on Assault and honestly, I think it's the best in the series. Is it perfect? No, but I think it's great time. I liked that the story made everything seem a bit more serious and the fact that the characters finally seemed to be getting some improvements with their personalities. They were still of course very under developed, but I felt it was getting better.
The gameplay felt quite good and fast, with both flight and on foot missions. It just needed some improvements with the on foot mission controls. (I can kinda forgive it and say it had good controls at the time, because everyone sucked at making good shooters for consoles those days). But overall I thought it was great.
Command was just okay. Simple as that. The story was too melodramatic, though multiple endings were kinda fun. But the biggest offence that game did (in my opinion) was that it was just so god damn repetitive. You just had to play through the tutorial, and congratulations, you've experienced almost the whole game.

Sorry for the lengthy text, just felt like sharing my experience with the series. And sorry if some of my views on the games happen to "offend" some of you, I happen to be a very critical towards games (even the ones I really enjoy and think are the best games I've played).
I really hope that Krystal gets into smash, I want Assault and Adventure to be represented and remembered! Plus come on, I want to see what Krystal can do in a fight, it was so lame that she ended up being just a damsel in distress in Adventures.

Edit: (Fixed some typos.) I would also like to know how did you guys get to know Star Fox series and your experiences with it. Plus (of course because this is a Krystal thread after all) I'm interested to know why some of you want Krystal in smash.
I know I've asked this before and I even remember some of your answers vaguely, but we have gotten a few new guys here, so it would be nice to hear their thoughts and reasons too.
I appreciate a long detailed post. It was a fun read. Everyone has their own experiences with how they eventually found themselves in a Krystal support thread. Everyone discovered Star Fox in their own way.

Guess it's my turn to lengthy post too, since it's kind of my thing. I'll put it in a spoiler though since I don't need the post to look too intimidating, heh.

I first discovered Star Fox like most people, through 64. A friend owned the game first and I'd play it at his house. He was much better at it than me, but we'd take turns playing levels. He usually took Venom since I didn't usually have the ability to quite do it like him. I eventually got it myself and played through it alone, but it didn't have the sort of replay value for me as it did for my friends.

I always did like the characters however even if the gameplay didn't quite click, and my attachment to Fox and his series was strengthened by him being my favorite character to use in Smash 64... (I was more into Smash at that point and kind of always have been). Plus, silly as it sounds, I'd always liked the anthro concept from way back in my earliest memories because my favorite movie as a pre-schooler and younger was Disney's Robin Hood. Naturally, I saw parallels with Fox and the hero of the Robin Hood movie, heh. The Star Fox characters were very defined basic characters too - (the young hero, the wise old man, the old clumsy friend, his friendly rival and wingman, and later, his love interest with her own unique story). There was certainly something about the series characters that touched on the young child in me.

Coincidentally, another thing I was way into at a very young age was dinosaurs, though weren't most kids? So you can imagine when I heard Star Fox Adventure's "Dinosaur Planet" was coming out, it was the perfect storm of awesome things my young kid self would be going crazy over. I wasn't really too far removed from all that honestly but when you're young you think your younger years were ages ago. And then there was the fact that Adventure's played more like the kind of games I'd really gotten into at that point... Zelda games. It was really a perfect fit for me. I loved the game. The combat was a bit clunky and I felt I was more aware of the cheesiness of the stories and stuff, but I loved the characters and their designs. I thought Fox was funny. He reacted like the player would. Heavy sighs when stuck listening to lengthy explanations or having to deal with Tricky. A fun confidence in times of action. I'm still astounded by what Rare did with the graphics too. I don't know that Fox has looked or been characterized any better since Adventures. Even his Assault look was relatively a bit "low quality" seeming, which matched his relatively square personality in that game along with that game's oddly muffled dialogue.

Speaking of Assault, I knew that game was the real Star Fox experience. It took what was the old Star Fox and blended in some of the great things Adventures brought to the series. It just didn't quite feel refined. Like I said, I always noticed that the voices seemed muffled and the graphics actually seemed less sharp and more fuzzy than in Adventures. Other than Fox though, I think Assault had the best VAs. Funnily enough, Fox voice actor in Assault was the same as in Brawl, and he seemed much better there. I still think Adventure's had Fox's best VA though. The music was incredible for Assault however. Best the series has ever had. Adventure's had a nice atmosphere, but the midi sounds could be a bit cheesy. Even so, there were some real gems in the Adventure's soundtrack. Assault was really the direction to go with Star Fox in my opinion and in the opinion of many others. It was something to build off of for sure.

Where does all this story really tie in with Krystal? Well, as I've explained, it's pretty clear I made a real connection to Star Fox with Adventures, and I always had loved the characters anyways. Krystal is very much a part of that. I want more ways to play with the characters of Star Fox. Smash is a favorite series of mine as it has been for years. It's the ultimate dream to have all these iconic characters to play with. I'm here because I see her potential and I want her in this experience.

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Oh! Are we saying stories about how we found out about Star Fox?
Well, I found out about and started Star Fox, not in Star Fox 64 but in Star Fox: Assault. I was to young when 64 was released and I wasn't to much into other systems then Play Station when Adventures was released. But Assault came out at the right time for me since I started getting into other systems and companies as well and was also the time I got into Metal Gear Solid(This is important).
And Assault was so much fun for me! It had a lot of things that were enjoyable to be growing up and my best friend, my nephew and I played its Multiplayer for a good long while before we stopped. And Assault was the only game I played so it was natural that I ended up liking Krystal since I ended up liking all of the Star Fox characters minus that Pig...Hated him Lol.

But the reason I'm more open minded about Star Fox then most other people is because I joined very late into the series and didn't grow up on Star Fox or Star Fox 64. Its also the same reason I love Raiden so much in Metal Gear Solid such my first experience with the MGS series was with MGS: 2 that my brother-in-law let me play and watched me play it. I was more open to different elements in MGS. I didn't grow up playing as Solid Snake, I didn't even get to play as Snake at all in MGS:2 since my Brother-in-law played that part for me. So I guess my reason for liking Krystal so much is the same reason I love Raiden on the same level I love Snake. Its because I joined each series when said characters were being first introduced to the series.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Guess I'll join in on the trend, too.

Honestly my memory is kinda hazey on the subject of my first encounter with Star Fox, but what I'm about to admit to is probably a crime considered to many; I've actually NEVER played Star Fox 64. I know, terrible, huh? My first taste of classic Star Fox is the 3DS version I bought about 2 years ago. I certainly enjoyed it, but it did feel like a different experience. Not just gameplay but just the overall atmosphere, I guess with the more cheesy dialogue and lighter hearted nature of it.

Anyways, moving on, from what I can remember, I first experienced Star Fox in 2005 with both Adventures AND Assault. It was around the time I got my first computer and my mom ordered me Adventures from Ebay. It was a pretty meaningful time, because me and my dad used to play it together so it was also a good way for us to bond. I remember Krystal being probably one of my first video game crushes, aha as well as looking up to Fox as this totally awesome super hero, so they both instantly became my favourite characters.

Around the same time as this, my friend had just bought Assault, as it just came out at this point and we used to waste hours away playing multiplayer. He used to make fun of me because I always played as Krystal, aha. Strangely enough, I didn't actually get around to buying Assault for myself until 2007, so it wasn't until then I got to experience the single player mode. When I did, however, it made me fall in love with the series even more. It allowed me to get to know the characters outside of just Krysatl and Fox as well as go deeper into all of their characters. On top of the awesome gameplay and creative story, I knew this would quickly become one of my favourite games and to this very day it's easily in my top 10 along with Adventures. I'm confident that I'm going to enjoy Zero for what it is, I'm just grateful that Star Fox is back, but I still have my hopes that in a few years down the line, I'll get to experience that same nostalgia in a bigger and better game than Assault and of course get to finally see Krystal in dem beautiful HD graphics. :p though fingers crossed the latter might actually happen in the form of Smash

Aaaand fin~

Last edited:

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
Here's what it bugs me this interview.

Host: Does that mean even if you wanted to add more female characters, Krystal didn’t have a realistic chance of being physically implemented into the game?

Sakurai: For Krystal, we didn’t have any of the technical modeling knowledge that we had cultivated with Fox and Falco, so it was like making a brand-new character from scratch. And because of the limited amount of time we had, creating Krystal wasn’t realistically possible. On that point, with Wolf we already have some knowledge of how to model his character, and would require about 70% of the effort required to create a whole new character.

Host: I see. But we did get a lot of questions like, “Why wasn’t Krystal a playable character?”

Sakurai: It’s not that I don’t understand how that feels, but if you start saying that, it becomes “Why isn’t Waddle Dee playable?” or Dry Bones, or Baby Peach. There’d be no end to it.

How can you possibly compare Krystal to the other three that are not even close as becoming fighters? I don't know why he said that.

Source: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/08/17/sakuraibrawlquestions/#more-1959

Last edited:
Top Bottom